RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-12-2019, 02:49 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14218
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Query
Questions here! Get your questions, hot and fresh! Tack these to the bottom of your post if you're interested. These aren't required for selection but they represent aspects of your character that I find appealing and want to know more about.

Leniyuhl

Two people from your smuggling days know about your service to the Inqusition, one from the PDF and one from the gang. Tell me their names and how each feels about Gregorii now.

After the successful purge of the cult, Inquisitor Stromme said something that's always stuck with you. What was it?

Ysolde

Someone from you family recently contacted you with a request for help. Who was it and what do they need? Are you going to help them?

During the Tyranid assault you took an injury that just hasn't healed right despite your best efforts. Describe it.

TimPlausible

Snake recently learned the location of the remaining cultists who slaughtered his people. Where are they and how does he feel about it?

Silvanus has been experiencing jarring, fractured visions lately that he can't seem to understand. One image alone is consistent and memorable from the. What is it and what does he think it means?

Shylocke

You have a friend or family member serving in the Mordian Iron Guard. Are they a reliable soldier or a troublemaker? They harbor a secret that they've only ever shared with you. Detail that.

What was your most troubling experience in dealing with the warp so far?

Acathala

You were the first of your tribe chosen by the Angels but not the last. Who else was taken and why do you have a rivalry with them? How far would you take this grudge?

During your training, you executed an unorthodox maneuver that left your opponent thoroughly defeated. Does your opponent respect you more or less because of it? How did your superiors react?

Sageheart

As the latest in a line of Rogue Traders, you inherited your title and Warrant from a parent who revealed a secret about your family to you on their deathbed. Detail it.

Why did you choose the military life over the life of relative leisure afforded you by your noble status?

Silk

Someone in the gang is out to get you. Who is it, what do they want and, most importantly, do you know about it yet?

The strangers who pulled you out of the gutter were on a retrieval assignment for Lord-Militant Fylamon. What did you do to impress them? You got an I.O.U. out of the deal, too. From who and what for?

Inheritors of the Imperium Nihilus | Rise of the First Order

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-12-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 07:51 PM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
Updated application with questions and answers
Old 03-12-2019, 07:56 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2374
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Those are some interesting questions. They make me want to go and read some of the other applications and wonder how they will answer. Decided to skim your game thread a little bit before I reply to my own questions.

In the meantime, I got a question too. Last night I fumbled through the creation prosses and I came to the Ascension Package. In the Benefits section of Stay The Course, it says you get "3 Corruption points or a Memorable Injury." I was going to choose the Memorable Injury, but then I remembered Nabiki is a little vain about her appearance and I wondered, "She's a Hive Ganger so why not go with the 3 Corruption?"
So my question is:
  • What does starting with 3 Corruption do, game wise?

Posting Status: A little hectic at the moment. Will post when able.

Last edited by Silk; 03-12-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:18 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Those are some interesting questions. They make me want to go and read some of the other applications and wonder how they will answer. Decided to skim your game thread a little bit before I reply to my own questions.

In the meantime, I got a question too. Last night I fumbled through the creation prosses and I came to the Ascension Package. In the Benefits section of Stay The Course, it says you get "3 Corruption points or a Memorable Injury." I was going to choose the Memorable Injury, but then I remembered Nabiki is a little vain about her appearance and I wondered, "She's a Hive Ganger so why not go with the 3 Corruption?"
So my question is:
  • What does starting with 3 Corruption do, game wise?
So you kind of have to jump around the later sections of the book to put this together but this is what I've gathered on Corruption. You have levels of corruption with thresholds of 5 each, so every 6 points of corruption you get pushes you up a level. You make a malignancy test each time you go up a level, using a pool of your highest and lowest attribute to make a dice pool. You fail, you get a malignancy. Could be a mental trauma or a physical mutation with all the horror and majesty such things provide.

So, between corruption and memorable injury you just have to decide whether you want your ugliness on the inside or the outside.

Last edited by PopCultureBard; 03-12-2019 at 09:23 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks

Her ugliness will be on the inside

Old 03-12-2019, 11:11 PM
Lies and Trickery

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4630
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Celeste is already pretty ugly on the outside, what's a scar or twitch on top of that? :P

I've updated my application with the questions, thanks for those by the way.

In addition, I'm having trouble discerning the rules on Disciplines for Psykers. Can I get major psyker powers from multiple disciplines? Like telepathy and pyrokinesis?
Old 03-12-2019, 11:31 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shylocke View Post
Celeste is already pretty ugly on the outside, what's a scar or twitch on top of that? :P

I've updated my application with the questions, thanks for those by the way.

In addition, I'm having trouble discerning the rules on Disciplines for Psykers. Can I get major psyker powers from multiple disciplines? Like telepathy and pyrokinesis?
This is a question I've had issue with, as well. The sanctioned psyker archetype specifically calls out Universal psychic powers in the archetype ability but I've never seen the logic of restricting it that way. You are limited to the game tier in minor powers and starting discipline powers, so max 3 of each. Choose them from any of the disciplines that are not associated with Chaos or Eldar.

Old 03-12-2019, 11:36 PM
Auribus Teneo Lupum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 386
Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli
Are there still slots open for this game? Very interested noob here.
Old 03-13-2019, 12:22 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwingli View Post
Are there still slots open for this game? Very interested noob here.
No selections have been made for this round of recruiting. You have until Friday to put up an app if you want a spot.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, answered all the questions. I ended up reading the entire Game Thread instead of skimming it as I planned. It was a good read

Old 03-13-2019, 02:30 AM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Okay, answered all the questions. I ended up reading the entire Game Thread instead of skimming it as I planned. It was a good read
Well, good thing it was a prologue chapter and thus not crazy long.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:53 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9653
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Updated with questions and answers.

Last edited by Ysolde; 03-13-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2909
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Yeah the game thread is a great read. Really hooked me into wanting to spend time building a character for here!

I have some ideas to answer your questions which will be included within my background. Should be able to post it up tonight.
Old 03-13-2019, 03:04 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
Just a heads up that we're heading into the 48-hour mark for applications. I'm saying noon PST on Friday.

I will be running some Masks: A New Generation and Epyllion, both excellent PbtA games, at Emerald City Comic-Con this weekend so I won't likely be hitting the site much Friday/Saturday. I'll put up selections on Sunday and get people set up with private threads to discuss creation by Monday.

Old 03-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
As happens with my backgrounds sometimes, I felt the need to go back and fix some sentence structure issues. I even changed a few things since I had a better understanding of where I was going with Nabiki. While I kept the basics of her background, I ended up changing things throughout it. Including a significant rewrite of the additional questions section. Hope you don't mind rereading everything PopCultureBard