RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 07:55 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Added Table for Apps submitted at bottom of 1st post.

There will be some tweaks and changes once the game prep begins in the Forum, and I'll make some suggestions for changes and tweaks then if needed.

Hats off to Starflier for fully grasping the concept and feel of this game. Love this character, and I am inspired even more for the game. War Mother. Love it!

As Otis says in the Movie: Things change. Always do. You'll get your chance! Important thing is, when it comes, you gotta grab it with both hands and hold on tight!
Old 02-17-2019, 10:55 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 131
Yamaneko Yamaneko
The Last Starfighter is one of my favorite movies and I was looking at Tachyon Squadron as a system for running my own game set in this universe. I do not own Hyperlanes yet though how would you feel about a lurker watching the game?

I will not be picking up Hyperlanes until the end of the month.
Old 02-18-2019, 12:43 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
The Last Starfighter is one of my favorite movies and I was looking at Tachyon Squadron as a system for running my own game set in this universe. I do not own Hyperlanes yet though how would you feel about a lurker watching the game?

I will not be picking up Hyperlanes until the end of the month.
Absolutely. You are more than welcome.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Tyrus34 Tyrus34 Tyrus34
V1ct0riou5Character Name: Victor Lohmuller (V1ct0riou5)

Sex: Male

Physical Description: Victor is your archetypal skinny nerd with pale skin and his short blonde hair usually messy. Victor is from a well to do family though one would likely not guess it at first glance as he is nearly always wearing a tee shirt and jeans though if you look closely one might notice his shirt and jeans are designer and his headphones are the newest model. Victor has striking green eyes and has been told he cuts a somewhat handsome figure that could easily be improved by a little time outside and doing something more active than just being on the computer all day.

Personality: Cocky and just a little loud, though when presented with a proper challenge he tends to focus up which is when he does his really insane flying. Victor, due to his wealth and success with the game tends to treat others as if they aren't as good as him. He typically fits into a squad by calling the shots as he usually believes he has the best plan. Victor is friendly enough and enjoys talking to people.

Class: Genius 1 / Pilot 3

Background: Victor grew up as the only child of two rather successful, German business folk. His parents were often away on business trips and when they were present they were too busy working to really spend time with their child. Therefore Victor was primarily raised by his nanny who is almost more of a mother than his own mother was. Due to this unorthodox upbringing Victor found solace in technology and gaming and since his parents often found money as a useful replacement to love and attention he was quickly purchased state of the art equipment to game on. Gaming was the perfect break from his university studies in coding and his part time work as a free lance hacker.

As soon as the pods became available Victor purchased one and began practicing and climbing through the ranks and leader boards, and he wasn't shy about it. Constantly talking up his game as he played, almost as many players spoke his name with scorn as did with respect. He was renowned as a pilot that was just as smart as he was quick, using brilliant knowledge and understanding of the moves and physics of the game to pull off insane maneuvers that many other pilots wouldn't even know how to try. Soon enough V1ct0riou5 found himself with a ticket to America and a chance to finally prove what he was capable of.

Last edited by Tyrus34; 02-19-2019 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
Man, even though I said I'd be down for this (and you even PM'd me the thread!) it still took me waaaaay too long to get around to posting here. :P So consider this my placeholder post!

Reaaaal quick though, I understand that every character needs to take 3 levels in pilot for the purposes of set up... But does that mean you have to pick another class that isn't pilot? The character I'm mulling about in my head would definitely be mostly focused on pilot (been consuming a lot of Ace Combat lately...), so would I still be expected to multiclass for the beginning, or could I just begin with only levels in pilot?
Old 02-22-2019, 10:17 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@ Gravitywolf - If you want to go all levels of Pilot, I suppose I could allow that; Delpinator's app seems to be leaning that way as well.
However, you'd have to have a background here on earth that is an actual pilot of some kind to back this up.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 241
gravitywolf gravitywolf gravitywolf
Hmmm! I was thinking more a type of character that would immerse themselves maybe a little too much in the game as a consequence of some aspects of their life. It's also why I'm a bit hard pressed to find another appropriate class outside of maybe Genius, I guess?
Old 02-22-2019, 04:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, a gamer/splicer would fall under Genius.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:23 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Tyrus34 Tyrus34 Tyrus34
yeah I mean that's basically my character's background
Old 02-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Interest seems to have slowed, and that's ok as there's 4 confirmed applications. From now until Friday, I'll review the approved submissions once more and send those the link to the Game Forum to begin fully "fleshing out" your characters and getting closer to starting the game.

Game on!!
Old 02-28-2019, 01:57 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Applications may be closed. Waiting on one last player to post advert.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 131
Yamaneko Yamaneko
I had some vehicle expenses come up which cut in to my spare cash. As such I am delaying purchasing the book until next month. I'll need to pull my placeholder as I do not want to hold up the game.

However, if an opening does come up later I will submit then. How do you feel about lurkers?
Old 03-07-2019, 11:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3263
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
I am too busy to feel comfortable playing myself so was going to lurk as well since this game looks amazing.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:44 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks "Yam" and "Sage" for replying. Lurkers are welcome!
Old 03-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54
Laz
I've never heard of the Last of the Starfighters system but I know my way around 5th edition pretty well and love everything Sci-Fi so I'd like to join you if you'll have me, not sure what classes are taken but I'm open to be whatever's needed.