RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-22-2019, 02:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2951
Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile Crocodile
If you need me to, I can trim down the background stuff, but barring some editing, my application is complete.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17517
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
I'll update the tables in a bit. Thanks for letting me know.

Things seem to be winding down so I will start narrowing my selection soon. I might close the deadline sooner.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:52 PM
The Original Dragon Man

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9149
DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma DraconigenaArma
Name: Colby Brennan Ness
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Intended Role: Damage, minor mundane utility
Alignment: True Neutral

Personality and Description: Colby is a laconic man of broad shoulders and sun tanned skin. He wears his beard cut short at the chin, but untrimmed at the mustache so the whiskers hang low from the corners of his mouth past his mouth. Though long, and somewhat curly, he maintains his brown hair with meticulous care. A large scar runs down the side of his face, from temple past his ear and behind his head where the hair no longer grows. His eyes are as brown as his hair, though the story goes in battle they turn a glowing solid red and smoke like coal set on a stump. He dresses like a man who spends more time outside than in, and is well armed. Notorious for speaking little, Colby chooses his words well, and growls most of his speech. His gravel tone is the rough and harsh tenor of a man who smokes often, drinks deeply, and war-cries mightily.

Background:

Last edited by DraconigenaArma; 02-23-2019 at 09:40 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:57 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4492
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
So.. One of the Discoveries Pino is taking is Tumor Familiar which provides him a familiar that can exist within his body. Now initially I was thinking of asking to be permitted to make this familiar a Construct Animal, adjusting the Familiar's 'Level' by the Templates CR. This was to make it so that the Tumor Familiar actually merged with Pino's own Clockwork body similar to how a normal Tumor Familiar would with a normal character.

Then I stated thinking of how it might work with a normal fleshy familiar. I started imagining some kind of alchemical growth tank inside Pino's stomach which would hold the familiar and be where it was originally made/grown. Now this option is obviously a little more 'horrific' and 'ewww' then the clockwork version but even that could be interesting.

So, unsure which way I should go, I put it to our GM and other players. Which type do you believe would be more interesting and why? In either case the entire experiment will have started because Pino was trying to understand the process of child birth so that won't change but will he have tried to have 'built' a construct within his own body or would he have 'grown' a living creature in there instead?

Opinions?

Last edited by taleteller50; 02-23-2019 at 01:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:00 AM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4901
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
I think tumor creature would be difficult to work if it is organic, how does a clockwork keep it alive? Tumor creatures are symbiote and need a living host if I remember right. I think something like am artificial womb may be a bit too far beyond the tech of this world.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:21 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4621
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I have a couple questions before I start drafting up an app. Is skinwalker whether in campaign or kept hush hush in the empireallowed and, since you pretty much have the Golarion deities allowed, is Groetus an acceptable choice in deity? My endgoal is a witchwolf cleric.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:28 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
I have a couple questions before I start drafting up an app. Is skinwalker whether in campaign or kept hush hush in the empireallowed
It is on the list of standard Races, therefore, Skinwalker is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis
and, since you pretty much have the Golarion deities allowed, is Groetus an acceptable choice in deity?
Groetus is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis
My endgoal is a witchwolf cleric.
Can you provide a link or source for Witchwolf cleric? My preliminary google search found nothing.

Nevermind I thought it was a cleric archetype but it is a Skinwalker variant. Seems fine.

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-23-2019 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 03:34 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Maran Ara
Race: WitchwolfSkinwalker
Class(es): U.Monk 1/EvangelistCleric 9
Alignment: CN
Intended Role: Debuffer, Quasi-Tank
Physical Description: A lightly sunburnt human girl with wild auburn hair, partially tamed by a solitary braided ponytail. Her eyes are colored green and sparkle with the light of interest and wonderment, though the iris are surrounded by dark rings and her lids are somewhat discolored after many nights of bad dreams. Upon her collarbone is a pale scar of bad omen, a circular skull shaped in the likeness of Groetus. Despite these features she has a somewhat natural beauty, if only she were well groomed. Her body is clad in a dress as if she were some courtesan or servant. Fitting with the outfit, strapped into her belt is the most unassuming of weapons, a metallic fan. Despite her pretty face, unassuming garb, while walking with the stance of maiden, she often wears a sadist's smile on her face.

Personality: What Maran lacks in wit, she makes up in whimsy. Her savage background had inflicted upon her a minor form of madness in the form of bad dreams and somewhat tourettes-like doomsaying. She enjoys speaking to large crowds and teasing "cute" individuals, apparently trying to inspire them beyond the dour cloud that seemingly follows her wake.
Traits: Birthmark and Reactionary
Background:

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-23-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:27 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
So far, I have completed apps from

Seekr34
Mrjoegangles
Shadesoul
Crocodile
Unforgiven
DraconigenaArma

Did I miss anyone? Please let me know if I did not include your application in the Applicants' Table.

Last edited by LeoByron; 02-23-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9500
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Mine should be done minus a few corrections.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:52 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
Done, I think. I could use some critiquing. I tried to make Maran's background summarized but I can go into further detail if at all, felt this way made more sense for a broken woman that she is.

Edit: Still not married to the name, however.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 02-23-2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3989
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Link

Name: Tulmin Demson
Race: Tiefling (vestigial wings)
Class(es): Wizard
Intended Role: Battlefield controller
Physical Description: Standing three inches over six feet tall, Tulmin is a strangely built creature, gaunt to the point of emaciated... even the tailored bland grey clothes and black gloves seem to simply hang off of his bones. Skin so black that it looks like coal is visible anywhere not covered by the clothes or a mask he always carries and often wears. The only real color anywhere on his person are vibrant red and yellow eyes that have catlike slits. Perhaps the most disturbing feature is the shadowy outline of wing bones erupting from his shoulders. Many people swear that objects can pass through the shadowed skeleton structures.

Alignment: Lawful Evil (Ethically Ridged, Morally Flexible)

Last edited by prometheous100; 02-24-2019 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:32 AM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7723
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
How long is this campaign expected to last? Love the world.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1809
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Hopefully, a long while.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:42 AM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4901
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
Leo's world looks to be years old.