Notices

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12561
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Hi LeoByron

I find myself in a dilemma. I had this really good character idea that would fit this game perfectly. The best part is it matches 90% of my preferences required to achieve my dream character. So I am very tempted to use this character here.

Since I refuse to use the same character twice, each character is basically one use only. But it lacks the final 10% to make this character perfect. Its core is a wizard, but for it to be perfect, I wanted it to be gestalted with a magus for some of the secondary powers to round out the character and make it feel unique and interesting.

So my dilemma is to use this character without the gestalt, or come up with a whole new character... Maybe this is a better chance for my alchemist? Hmmm. Yes. That might be the best way to go. Is there a race or culture that has a language that mirrors the German accent?
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2292
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
I am trying to determine background profession/craft skills that can compliment being in the Wanderlords. Can I build wagons, be a locksmith, etc?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17517
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Is there a race or culture that has a language that mirrors the German accent?
I have not so far gone into such detail. Feel free to world build an area near one of the major settlements and create a germanic tribe who would possess the desired accent. I would recommend somewhere in the north, perhaps near Hand or Valejo / Chantry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik
I am trying to determine background profession/craft skills that can compliment being in the Wanderlords. Can I build wagons, be a locksmith, etc?
Yes. You may take whatever Craft or Profession skills you want as normal.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 494
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Its core is a wizard, but for it to be perfect, I wanted it to be gestalted with a magus for some of the secondary powers to round out the character and make it feel unique and interesting.
Have you considered VMC Magus? You pick up a lot of the magus class Abilities without the overpoweringness of Gesalt.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Kriskringle73
So here's the racial traits for gnolls off of PFSRD:
Racial Traits
Ability Score Modifiers: Flexible (+2 Str, +2 Con) (2 RP)
Type: Humanoid (gnoll) (0 RP)
Size: Medium (0 RP)
Base Speed: Normal (0 RP)
Languages: Xenophobic (0 RP) Gnolls start knowing their racial language only.
Natural Armor: Gnoll hides are remarkably tough, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
Darkvision: Gnolls have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)

In the interest of playability, I was thinking about exchanging a -2 Int for the ability to start with Common.
What say you Leo?
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriskringle73 View Post
So here's the racial traits for gnolls off of PFSRD:
Racial Traits
Ability Score Modifiers: Flexible (+2 Str, +2 Con) (2 RP)
Type: Humanoid (gnoll) (0 RP)
Size: Medium (0 RP)
Base Speed: Normal (0 RP)
Languages: Xenophobic (0 RP) Gnolls start knowing their racial language only.
Natural Armor: Gnoll hides are remarkably tough, granting them a +2 natural armor bonus.
Darkvision: Gnolls have darkvision and so can see perfectly in the dark up to 60 feet. (2 RP)

In the interest of playability, I was thinking about exchanging a -2 Int for the ability to start with Common.
What say you Leo?
No but you can invest skill points in linguistics to learn it... We are using Background skill rules so you don't really lose anything for it...
Old 02-27-2019, 08:57 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12561
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjoegangles View Post
Have you considered VMC Magus? You pick up a lot of the magus class Abilities without the overpoweringness of Gesalt.
Oh its clearly over powered. Its a freaking dream character. Its not for this game. The alchemist fits far better.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Kriskringle73
Cool sounds good
Old 02-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9567
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Leo! You're back!

Oh how did I miss this game add........ and so many great players I see applying. Something delicious is brewing!
Old 02-28-2019, 09:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3989
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Evil is submitting an app?
Now I have to go make my application into something actually worth considering.
*skulks off to think about the character before going to sleep*
Old 02-28-2019, 10:26 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Jeez if the apps keep pouring in I may have to close early! I look forward to what's coming next!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
I still owe some feedback. I'll try to get some done this weekend. I'll have one final round of feedback before decision time, though I may not go over applications I have already reviewed if I feel it is not necessary.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:53 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1809
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
lol you got your work cut out with all these apps
Old 03-01-2019, 02:16 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4492
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Well Pino's Finally done with all his friends. Hope they can make the cut Looking forward to feedback if he warrants it.

Last edited by taleteller50; 03-01-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:26 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4621
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
I most definitely await feedback/criticism of my Maran. Though lots of good characters here with effort put into them so I do not know how well she could fit in.

P.S. The board is wrong, she is a monk 1/cleric 9