Notices

Old 03-01-2019, 02:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2092
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Does Gaia have a symbol? Hopefully will be done with app by tomorrow night

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-01-2019 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1709
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
Does Gaia have a symbol? Hopefully will be done with app by tomorrow night
Couldn't find one in pathinder, but in 3.5, the symbol is "A beautiful woman made of nature"
Old 03-01-2019, 03:50 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16838
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
You can find information on the Religions of Origin, including the symbol of Gaia, here
Old 03-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks
Old 03-02-2019, 02:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok got rough draft done for my app. I will reread and adjust over the next few days.
Old 03-03-2019, 01:02 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20855
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Lady Ophelya Valiant
right-aligned image
Name: Princess Ophelya Valiant
Full Name: Princess Ophelya Kathrina Valiant of Auremil [Enlarge Image]
Race: Elf (Fire Elf)
Eyes: Purple
Hair: Very long, red and straight
Height: 5'7
Weight: 111 pounds
Alignment: Chaotic / Good
Intended Role: God Wizard, battle field control, utility caster have a taste for illusion spells.
Class: Wizard (Bard as secondary option if this help)

Physical Description5'7, 111 pounds. Purple eyes. Red hair.

Ophelya is pretty much how people would imagine a princess from an imperial lineage, a gift from the gods to her people. Her soft purple eyes are like astral bodies that fell from the sky. They are crowned with long red curly hair, occasionally whipped strands of it loose because of the breeze. Her small face is delicate, with pink lips around her little mouth under a thin but long nose. She often smiles as if she is trying to seduce the world. The maiden's body with perfect hourglass curves is more than enough to look most people in the eyes with heels. With her noble manners, she looks like a giant in any room. The princess enjoys dresses and jewelry with an eccentric taste for colorful thin clothes, and lace, letting her natural beauty overwhelm anybody in sight.

Her head is always held high, even in front of the emperor. Polite, elegant and gentle, her eyes never slid down. On the rare occasions that something surprises her, she raises both her eyebrows; she doesn't like to be taken off balance. When nervous she pinches the skin of her hands or play with her hairs. The princess coughs in dry weather, having a small delicate throat and dust allergies.

In a nutshell, she is the paragon of her race, perfect creation of the gods that inspire mortals.

PersonalityHedonist. Hyperactive, cheerful, she is exploring with energy all the pleasures and opportunities that life has to offer. Ophelya runs in the middle of the night just for the sake of burning energy before enjoying late nights with wine, lovers and other pleasure of the court. When come the time to relax, she has the habit of reading two books at the same in her bath, flipping the pages while doing her nail job. Sleeping for her is a waste of time.

Ambitious. She dreams to try everything, be everything and challenge everything. Unfortunately, sometimes chewing bigger that she can handle, but finds ways to get away with it, using magic or her natural charms. As the future queen of Auremil she has great plans for her realm and the world. She doesn't like the emperor tyranny, but she's intimidated by his power and the mysteries that surround him. She is dying to satisfy her curiosity about what kind of man the emperor is and learn all his secrets.

Creative. Ophelya is very creative. Her hobbies are to invent new spells that nobody thought about before and making pieces of art with magic. She created an entire illusionary manor with rooms and fake people. She's an accomplish painter and design her own clothes. Fashion and appearance is something she takes very seriously. Many people look up to her ideas and creativity and most of the lady in her home city dress up like her.

Manipulative. The lady goes to great length to make sure people think her way. She uses magic and her natural charms to wrap people around her fingers, and illusions to mislead her enemies. She has a large network of contacts and followers that are ready to do her bidding simply to enjoy her company or serve her as a faithful subject. She is very sociable and plays well the game of the emperor court, in fact only a few can keep up with her.

Last edited by MoonZar; 03-07-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:12 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3273
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
Tokad "The Scorpion" Da NoraqName: Tokad "The scorpion" Da Noraq
Race: Aasimar (angel-blooded)
Class(es): Paladin 7, Holy vindicator 3
Intended Role: Melee DPS, Tank
Physical Description: Tokad's time as a pit fighter left it's marks in countless small scars remaining pale on the otherwise sun-darkened musculature that adorns Tokad's body. Another mark of his career in combat is his nose, broken and healed crookedly. Above it, his eyes gleam like opals beneath thick brows. The man's forehead is framed by a short patch of dark hair, which continues in a short beard and matching moustache. He doesn't take too much care of his hair, content with simply removing stray scraps of food from his facial hair and clipping it when it becomes too much. While not wearing his armor Tokad usually prefers light clothes, preferring freedom of movement over the status that fancy clothes tend to convey. In battle the man follows the same general principle of not allowing his wardrobe to inhibit his movement too much. On the other hand having more steel covering one's body means survival becomes more likely. Therefore he settled for using an elaborately decorated breastplate, armguards, legguards and a plateskirt to protect him while still leaving some mobility.
Personality: Tokad doesn't follow any code of chivalry, instead preferring his own code of honor. For instance, he's not above throwing dirt in the eyes of a foe, but won't attack unless battle is agreed upon, though this doesn't need to be agreed upon verbally per se. Another example of his own code of honor is not lying, though Tokad usually isn't one to care enough about to oppinions of other men, so lying isn't quite as tempting to him. His reluctance to lie might also come across as blunt.
Another part of Tokad's personality is his oppinion of himself, In the pits he's proven himself often enough (and he's prone to reminisce about his life in chains). Tokad's aware of the danger's he's faced and while he's not one to brag he's self confident to the point of arrogance and nonchalance.
Despite all these strict rules on his behaviour Tokad still behaves like the pit fighter he used to be in years past, drinking and boasting with other warriors, living a lavish life, etc.

Background: Tokad's life began in chains. Born from slaves he too was soon fitted for a collar. Working in the desert sun as a slave soldier the boy developed significant musculature. His training went quite well, and he took to the adrenaline of combat like a moth to a flame. In training Tokad was one of the few who tried to anticipate next techniques, and succesfully improvised counters to moves and counters to moves. He also liked to combine unarmed combat in his improvisations. His owner, a fat man named Noraq Loboraq, soon took a liking to the man, and allowed him the privilege and glory that came with the fighting pits. For years the man defended himself in the fighting pits, showering himself in the blood of his enemies and covering himself in the glory that came with victory. His days as a pit fighter, to this day, are still a fond memory: Three meals a day, his own tent and exotic delicacies when available.

Life wouldn't continue on like this though, a slave uprising saw to that. Living in chains himself Noraq's staff thought Tokad would be a sure help, though Tokad had a great life, and wasn't eager to give up his cosy living standards. As such he promised allegiance, but instead delivered key intelligence to Noraq. A deed he was rewarded for with a slave of his own. An attractive young lady named Emiliah he selected himself from Noraq's stock. She'd serve him his meals, undo his armor, maintain his weapons and anything else the man required of her. During their more intimate moments Emiliah gave him a chance to re-think his stance on the last uprising in the form of a dagger to slit him open from navel to nipple and back. Tokad didn't take long to disarm his slave, but the whole ordeal changed him as a person. It became clear to him that Noraq's method of owning people wasn't ethical, and so it was that Tokad started the second slave uprising. This one cost the man nearly half of his living property.

Now standing on his own two feet Tokad was quick to fall into a directional void. His time as a pit fighter was simple (train well and fight the other guy) but without Noraq Tokad's life didn't have much meaning. The pit fighter was quick to fill the recent hole in his life with the only thing left to him, his sword. Tokad decided to make his way to Soarta, and there build his life anew on the glory he once knew in chains. The only change he wanted in his life was to abstain from any slavery, be he the slave or the slaver. Setting one foot in front of another Tokad started his pilgrimage. Luck smiled on the man, and he didn't have to walk long as a few days in he encountered a caravan of merchants headed to Golden, which severely cut the time of the travels. He was allowed to ride the carts in return for wearing armor and carrying weapons to look impressive. He wasn't the only guard around the caravan, and the protection scared off most highwaymen. Only once did he actually need to pull his sword, and he fought with unparalleled vigor. His sword was red with viscera when the troupe continued their travels and that night a priest, by the name of Andor, met with Tokad. He asked why he'd killed the robbers, and Tokad explained the need to protect the caravan. Andor repeated the question, and Tokad answered it was either them or him. The priest wasn't quite satisfied, but recognized Tokad's point of view. After telling himto honor the dead, even foes slain on the battlefield Andor let him go. But that night Tokad's conscience started to protest. He fought, but he fought for nothing but his own life, the bandits that died by his hand likely needed the goods he was protecting. And Tokad's sole motivation for murdering them was so he could fight in Soarta's arena's and build a reputation as a gladiator.

The aasimar returned to Andor the next day, and asked what drove him to do the things he did. Andor explained he was doing the gods work, revering them and shaping the world into a better place by making the people better. Tokad appreciated the response, and asked to be thought about the gods. His education took a while, but eventually he took to Heironeous, the god who was and promised all he'd wanted to be. After taking a vow to live life by his decree Tokad decided to stay in Golden when they finally arrived instead of continuing to Soarta to prove his valor in meaningless combat.

Once finally arrived in Golden Tokad was quick to undergo rites to devote himself to Heironeous, and took to wearing his lightning bolts as his coat of arms. In Golden he also decided to join an order of Paladins and, as initiation, was sent to hunt down band of the cult of the burning fist. Tokad didn't need to be told twice, and soon their blood was upon his sword. On his speedy return Tokad was instantly promoted to the wanderlords.

Alignment: NG

If you think that's an insane plan, we don't hang out enough.

Last edited by Sirviantis; 03-07-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:36 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Feedback part trois

Even though it seems as though I may have a few more apps before the deadline, I decided to give a bit of feedback now, as promised.

I will not be doing a 4th round. The next once over is decision time and my time is somewhat limited.

Old 03-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12248
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
I have all my ducks in a row in my head and on my character sheet, I will be submitting my character later tonight when I get it in text
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 03-03-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:38 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20855
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Old 03-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4335
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited by Vaerdis; 03-03-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:01 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Sword Saint
right-aligned image
Code Name: Frost Fang
Given Name: Kenshin
Family Name: Okami
Character Sheet
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 138 lbs.
Hair: Snow White
Eyes: Green
Race: Fey Thoughts: Perception and Sense MotiveElf
Archetype: Kensai
Class: Magus VMC Wizard Okami are trained to Predict and intercept threats before they happen. Their ability to detect and sense danger is supernatural and appears as almost predicting the future.Foresight School
Role: Duelist, Executioner, Assassin, Spy
Diety: Ancestral Spirits and The Kami
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Traits2 Standard Traits + 1 Trait from Drawback +2 from Addition Traits feat(5):

Unnatural Presence (Faith) Kenshin is trained to be able to emit his "Blood lust or Killing Intentsakki" which even animals can recognize as intimidating.

Bruising Intellect (Social) He has trained to wield fear as easily as any blade.

Magical Linage (Magic) [Frostbite] The core spell at the heart of his family’s Magical Martial Combat style, it has been used so often through out the generations, it has become easier to use and manipulate in later generations.

Tribesman (Regional) [Okami Clan] Every clan member is taught how to survive in the wild. Nothing could be more embarrassing than a seasoned warrior who took 100 years to train to end up dead because they got lost.

Blade of Mercy (Religion) Discretion is the better part of valor.

Drawback:

Pride: Though talent plays a certain roll, the only reason Kenshin is able to wield his sword with such skill and grace is due to the blood, sweat and tears of countless generations before him perfecting the Magical Martial Combat style he now calls his. He owes his family a debt of gratitude that can only be paid through passing it on to the next generation. Any act that besmirches his or his families honour is unacceptable and must be rectified.

Personal Code:
  • I will not be taken prisoner by my free will. I will not surrender those under my command.
  • I will never abandon a companion, though I will honour sacrifice freely given.
  • Bandits are a plague. Under my will they come to justice. If they will not come willingly before the law, where they can protest for justice in the courts, they will come under the power of my sword.
  • Corruption in the courts is the greatest corruption of civilization. Without confidence in justice, citizens cannot believe in their countries, and civilization begins to disappear. I will root out corruption wherever I find it, and if a system is fundamentally flawed, I will work to aid citizens by reforming or replacing it.
  • I will never refuse a challenge from an equal. I will give honour to worthy enemies, and contempt to the rest.
  • Both my sword and my swordplay have been entrusted to me by those who have mastered their craft, and both deserve to be wielded by a skilled hand. My training will be consistent, and I will impart my training to others, as others passed my training down to me.
  • I will honour the ancestors who have come before me and provided for my life.
  • My word is my bond. When I give my word formally, I defend my oath to my death. Traps lie in idle banter or thoughtless talk, and so I watch my tongue.
  • I am at all times truthful, honourable, and forthright, but my allegiance is to my people. I will do what is necessary to serve them, including misleading others if need be.
  • Against my people’s enemies, I will show no mercy. I will not allow their surrender, except when strategy warrants. I will defeat them, yet even in the direst struggle, I will act in a way that brings honour to my Ancestors.
  • I will suffer death before dishonour.
Family History:

The Okami Family have long served the Empire. Granted land through service, the Okami built a grand estate on what was once the outside of town. The estate included a Tian Xia style mansion, dojo, and training field, walled on all sides to remind them of their former home and to retain their traditions. For centuries, the strongest of the Okami family would serve as body guard to reigning Emperor. Sometimes this meant laying down their life for the Emperor. But the Okami family never forgot, while they obeyed the Emperor, they served the will of the people.

So when the man would become known as the Bloody Emperor began ordering cruelties against his own people for nothing more than entertainment, the current head of the Okami, a man known as Kumamoto, took the Bloody Emperor's head. Immediately after, Kumamoto performed ritual suicide for striking down his lord. The next Emperor was grateful for his sudden appointment and accepted the ritual suicide from the offending Okami as penance. However from that day on, no Okami has been selected to serve as personal bodyguard to a standing Emperor. Instead the Okami are used as disposable problem solvers called Wanderlords and send on missions for the good of the Empire.

Kumamoto was Kenshin's grandfather, but because the Emperors are human, this happened quite some time ago.

His Story:

From the day Kenshin was born his destiny had already been decided. As first born son of the head of the family, much was expected of him. From the moment he could form words, he was educated. From the moment he could walk, he was trained. It was a never ending hell that Kenshin loathed; but the boy was smart. He knew what they were teaching him would grant him power in many forms. So he studied and he endured the best he could.

Sadly he had a poor constitution which lead the family physician to vocally doubt the boy would survive into puberty at the current rate. A choice had to be made. The leader of the clan had to be both wise and strong. Would they strip Kenshin of his birthright or push him till he dropped?

As every adult in the clan argued for or against the issues, Kenshin, a mere boy of Note: by 8, I mean an Elf boy resembling the age of an 8 year old boy. I'm not sure how old an elf is at that point. Some people have elves stop aging when they hit like 20, others have an elongated childhood.eight, stormed in and blew a war horn to quiet every adult. Despite how much he hated his training, he hated the idea of losing his birthright to someone else more. He threw the horn down and declared defiantly. "I am the heir to the clan, and until I die in battle that will not change. I will cut out tongue of the next person who says otherwise for sedition." His father had never been so proud.

In spite of all those who doubted him, Kenshin not only made it to adulthood, he has thrived. Though his constitution remains weak, his talent and skill with the sword is considered among the very best in all the clan's history. He has thoroughly put to rest the issue.

As an adult, Kenshin serves his Emperor as a Wanderlord and acts as the Head of his Clan in his off time.

Relationships:

Father: Takamura The previous head of the clan. An extremely serious individual, he was very young when his father, Kumamoto committed ritual suicide. Though as a boy he never lacked for strong male roll models in the form of his uncles and cousins, as the Head of the family there was always an invisible social barrier between them. As such he lacks the knowledge or ability to express proper feelings to his son. Instead he comes off as gruff, angry, and often insulting to his immediately regret his but can say a word of apology.

Mother: Ryoko Unallowed by tradition to show her son or her daughter the love and affection they deserved, she was forced to give all of her love and affection to her plants. To this day she feels guilty over the fact she didn't even try to fight tradition. These days she spends most of her time tending to her garden and taking care of her husband, caught in a perpetual cycle of guilt yet unable to seek forgiveness out of shame.

Sister: Himawari The younger sister of Kenshin, Himawari, had a different destiny. She was to become a Medium from OccultMiko. As such the brother and sister have spent precious little time together to the point they feel more like strangers than siblings. Both Kenshin and Himawari wish to improve their relationship but are unable to make the first move.

Family Heirloom:

+1 Ghost-Touch(+1) Cruel(+1) [Subtotal: 18,000 GP] Impervious (Flat +3,000 GP) Adamantine (Flat +3,000 GP) Katana (50 GP) [Grand Total: 24,050].Kusanagi Katana
An ancient weapon passed from the Head of the Okami clan to his successor upon the day of succession. It symbolizes the collective honour of both him and his ancestors.
Villains who twirl their mustaches are easy to spot. Those who cloth themselves in good deeds are well camouflaged. They are always waiting for the right climate in which to flourish spreading fear in the name of righteousness.

Last edited by Hound; 03-07-2019 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Dungeon Master

Tools
User Statistics
Whoa! I hope you will size that image down!
Old 03-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Canadian, Eh

Tools
User Statistics
Fixed.
Old 03-04-2019, 01:00 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4118
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50