RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
The Great Exile [Forgotten Realms]

Applications are Closed. Thank you, all who applied.

The Great Exile
The Second Avatar Crisis

Prologue
left-aligned image

Faramond often wondered if the history books he read weren’t much more than fairytales or ghost-stories, ginned up by people who wanted you to think they knew better than you. His most recent one, The Zhentil Chronicles, purported to record the history of the Zhentarim, but half of it was stories of running fights, battles up and chases down the Dragonspire Mountains. Slavery, great spewing mines, dragons tamed to Bane’s constant crop and made to fight wizards or worries, themselves half legend. Aurora, Elminster, and even Torm himself.

Looking up at the Dragonspire Mountains, as Faramond could at any time and could have at any time in his life, it was hard to imagine the stories were real. He’d always admired the mountains as peaceful guardians. Even the shade they cast felt protective, though perhaps that was because it could only reach their small house in the middle of summer. And yet, he’d been hiking in them. Many, many times he’d hiked them and he’d come across no danger.

Nor could he imagine the Zhentarim were quite as cruel as the book made out. You had to read between the lines, because the author was quiet admiring of them overall, but the sheer number of battles, how close together they were, the fact that captured enemies disappeared entirely, the fact that everyone seemed scared of them – it didn’t paint a pretty picture. This was exactly the type of thing that made Faramond suspect the authors. After all, he’d been to Zhentil Keep. It didn’t seem any more evil than anywhere else.

He caught himself, setting down his scythe and wiping his brow. That wasn’t true, that Zhentil Keep seemed no more evil than anywhere else. Compared to Zhentil Keep, his life on the farm seemed like one of milk and honey. But Father had told him that all cities were cruel, so Faramond assumed that that was just what happened when people were stuffed together. Even the Flericks down the road had slaves, though Father wouldn’t have them in the house, and so Faramond assumed that that’s how life worked.

“Hey Far-eyes – get back to work, will you? You won’t find wheat in the sky.”

“Sorry Derk,” he said, though he muttered the man’s name with a ‘j’ when he’d turned his back.

Faramond’s story was as old as stories. He was stuck on a farm but dreamed of traveling. That’s why he sneaked off to Zhentil Keep every so often and bought books, though they burned through the money he was supposed to be saving for the hand of Zinna Flerick, or whomever else was silly enough to accept him. He was supposed to save up for Zinna and his own farm. Which would be nice, if only to get away from Derk and his damned harassments.

right-aligned image

After supper, Faramond stepped out into the heavy-aired night and breathed deep. Derk and Micah were just starting to drink, and soon they’d be hammering out a half-tune on the table, singing fit to burst the little cabin. Why his father allowed this, he wasn’t entirely sure. He’d asked, but the response ‘they’ve never as much as looked at the girls wrong’ seemed insufficient. Faramond preferred the milky blackness of the night sky to their ramblings.

Faramond took his boots off by the clothes line, then his socks, which he dipped in the washing-pail and hung up. Then he picked his way down the sloping lawn to the reedy banks of The Teshee, an offshoot of the great River Tesh nearby. Here, he stepped carefully, trying not to show hesitation. Heroes did not hesitate, but it had always been one of Faramond’s silliest fears to step on a toad or on a snake as he picked his way to the river.

But, like always, he made it safe. The water was cool and Faramond imagined the sweat and dirt stream off him down the river. He waved it goodbye, and, feeling silly, slapped the water with his waving hand, making a splash that went up over his head.

Then he dived and the cool of the water made him a bit dizzy as it cleaned his hair. Breaking the surface, he shook himself and heard a distant bang. He thought at first that it was just his ears clearing, but then he heard it again. And again. Faramond looked up.

There was a sound of a deep gong, heavy metal hit hard – but fuller, more human. A flash of blue filled the heavens, turning the midnight sky into noon and leaving a vibrating sense of perfect protection. This wafted off slowly, and as it did Faramond became aware of more banging.

The sky was dark again, and it was on fire.

Streaks of red and orange, white and blue flame flew across in great billowing clouds. Thunder bounced from parts of the sky, in ringing chorus to the fire. But unlike lightning and thunder, there seemed to be no connection between the fire and these sounds. Worse, this ‘thunder’ wasn’t invisible. At every sound, a part of the sky would light up – a gaseous green, a livid blood-red, a purple of such intensity that it forced his eyes closed and left echoes on the inside.

When he managed to get his eyes opened again, the flames were lower and billowing in a hundred different directions. Another deep gong sounded and four flames changed course suddenly, streaking down, down, down – right towards him!

He shouted to his family to run and then dived under-water. He stayed down there for a long time, feeling himself turn blue, then feeling his vision turn sideways. After what felt like an eon, he couldn’t help but breach the surface, spluttering as he’d opened his mouth in early desperation.

Everything was peaceful. The sky, the farmhouse, and the stream he stood in. Everything was silent and still. He turned around.

A giant crater lay on the other side of the river. Running forward, Faramond crested the corner and looked down. The four streaks of flame had turned into four people. Laying there, perfectly naked but looking perfectly healthy in spite of it all. He stared for a while, until one opened his eyes.

Faramond screamed.

Game SystemDnD 5e
HookAnother Time of Troubles has come to Toril. The evil gods have banish the good from heaven. You are these fallen deities who must now find a way to save the mortals while recovering your lost power.
ThemeEpic
FlavourTBD (players will help choose)
System DnD 5e, Forgotten Realms, 1495 DR
Campaign DescriptionTone: High-adventure, mostly serious. Humor is always welcome (and I’ll try to provide it too) but we’re not doing Monty Python and the Holy Grail here.

Elements: You’ll be on the run a lot at first, with fly-by-night combats. But once you stabilize, I expect a bunch of RP and hopefully at least two battles every ‘adventure’. I’m not planning for there to be a lot of puzzle elements, though definitely some mystery (and we can always work puzzles in if the crew's interested).

Posting Rate: I’m hoping for 2/week, but this always ends up being more a thing we all figure out in-game. I can (usually) post every weekday.

About the DM: I’ve been playing DnD tabletop on and off for over two decades. I’ve DMed several small adventures and am in the middle of DMing a long tabletop campaign (two years so far). On here, I’m a regular character in two games and have been a regular poster for a bit more than a year. This will be the first PbP DMing I’ll do.

My DM style is fairly laid back. I prefer to give clues and a few options and let my characters dictate the story, trying to make sure that they find the world I have peopled always interesting (if occasionally frustrating and dangerous). I always root for them too, and while I am not afraid to kill them, I much prefer the narrow escape.
Application Process You may choose any good or neutral god in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting. You may also write up a minor god of your own creation (tell me which god of the Pantheon he serves). Write up an application (see details below) using that god. I do not mind if more than one of the same deity apply, but as I am not going to have more than one Helm running around (for example), if you see three Kelemvors (for a second example) on the list, I'd recommend against creating another.
Character Creation, Mechanics
  • Start at first level.
  • PHB and Xander’s Guide to Everything is allowed without asking.
  • Ask about anything else official (including Unearthed Arcana), we can probably make it work. I’ll just need access to it.
  • You may of course ask about anything at all, but I’m probably not going to allow anything unofficial.
  • No equipment at the beginning. You’ll pick stuff up quick enough.
  • You’re going to have 30 or 32 point buy (I haven’t decided – suggestions?). You’ll be able to get a stat up to 16 (before racial bonuses) with 3 points atop the 9 points it takes to get to 15.
  • Please remember Do Not Roll Dice in this Thread. (It’s a Krowout edict.) Thank you.

I’m looking to choose 4 or 5 characters right now. Assuming I get enough applications, I’ll pick based on whether the application gets me excited about how they’ll work in this world and if the character gives me any ideas for the campaign. It’s all rather subjective, I’m afraid.

I am closing applications: 0:00 March 4 GMT, 2019. Acceptances will be over PM by March 6th. When everyone’s been notified, I’ll post in the thread.
Application Format
Please note that anything marked “bonus” isn’t required. Nor is “Background” (see below).
  • Name: Hi, my name is…
  • Race and Class: Unlike mortals, you weren't born to certain parents and you didn't train in a certain discipline. So tell me why your godhood manifested in this particular race, with these (very) particular (set of) skills.
  • Background: You all had one job before you started adventuring: being gods. Your background will reflect that. Each of you will have the same unique (rather contradictory, that combination) background in character creation, called "God".
  • Trait: Please give me at least two, and something more than what your Forgotten Realms wiki or the PHB would tell me.
  • Bond: What are you most attached to in your divine existence?
  • Ideal: Give me a sentence or two which describe your portfolio and/or domain
  • Flaw: What does your character overlook? What are your character’s personal weaknesses? Please give me at least two.
  • Personality: Try to combine and reword your background traits into one or two paragraphs that describe your character.
  • Appearance: Describe how your character looks and feels in his new mortal body. A picture is acceptable and even welcome, but neither necessary nor sufficient.
  • Secret: Gods have secrets. Tell me one of yours.
  • Secret #2 Other people keep secrets, even from gods. Tell me a secret that is about you but that you do not know.
  • People: List at least three mortals and at least one other god with whom you have a relationship.
  • Backstory: Describe for me one moral quandary that your character solved in his long life.
  • Bonus Background: What were you doing during the first Avatar Crisis (The Time of Troubles)?
  • RP Sample: Choose an evil god of equal or lower rank than you with whom you are in a feud. Describe the interaction with him that sparked that feud. (Please do not choose Cyric, Bane, or Shar.)
  • Bonus RP: If you want and you can, please link to an actual piece of PR from another game.
  • Player goals for this campaign: What are you looking for in this campaign? This will have absolutely no (zero, zip) impact on whether you are chosen. I’m just curious.

Player Name Character Name Class Status
Krow Nest Noctora Barbarian Complete
OdysseyMaskRogueComplete
AHrimelBahamutPaladinComplete
DrachenspiritSuneBardComplete
ihinkaSelŻneDruidWITHDRAWN
MeredithSAkadiClericComplete
Vokub Om Warlock Complete
penbeast0ValkurBarbarianWIP
OsseKossuthSorcererComplete
VislandsRed KnightFighterComplete
AlluDeneirWizardComplete
MontageManiacTormRogueComplete
JohnStoneMililBardWIP
DaysUntoldSelŻneDruidComplete
NikolasMahinDruidWIP
CoolsipSavrasWizardComplete
KuroyamaMystraWizardComplete

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 03-05-2019 at 05:13 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
So wait, who are WE exactly? Like, what is OUR purpose in this story?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
So wait, who are WE exactly? Like, what is OUR purpose in this story?
Sorry about that. You're four of the good deities, thrown to Toril. You'll be trying to recover your powers and get back. I've edited the advert. Hopefully it's clear now.

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 02-17-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Ok, I am kinda new to D&D Religion, so I'm not sure what kinda gods I'd be looking to serve under xD
Old 02-17-2019, 07:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krow Nest View Post
Ok, I am kinda new to D&D Religion, so I'm not sure what kinda gods I'd be looking to serve under xD
Here is a link to a full list, if you want it. https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/w...Żnian_pantheon

You can play as one of those or you can make your own, minor god. If you want some ideas, I've been playing in this world since 2E, so I'm fairly familiar with them. If you give me some idea of what you want, I can help you flesh it out.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
How did the evil Gods pull off this coup without Ao's approval? Or is this another of his 'lessons'?

Also, why are banished Gods level 1 this time? The previous Time of Troubles left them mortal, but still extremely powerful.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
How did the evil Gods pull off this coup without Ao's approval? Or is this another of his 'lessons'?

Also, why are banished Gods level 1 this time? The previous Time of Troubles left them mortal, but still extremely powerful.
These are both great questions. They are also ones that will be answered in-game. I'd hoped those questions would occur to people, and the first third of the campaign (or so, little is set in stone) will be you all trying to figure out what the ever-loving f' is going on.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
App
left-aligned image
Name: Noctora

Race and Class: P E N D I N GChangeling / Barbarian

Trait: Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice. If you do me or my master an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.

Bond: I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.

Ideal: Freedom. Everyone should be free to pursue his or her livelihood.

Flaw: I judge others harshly, and myself even more severely. I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Personality: Noctora is harsh, that is how most describe her. Being blunt with her words, she hates sugar coating anything and would prefer to make sure the person listening gets the idea. This is just the way she has always been. She tends to think dirty with fights, just wanting an ideal way to win, not the most noble, no matter how much Torm scolds her for it. While this is the case, away from the eyes of anyone she doesn't want to see, she is great with children. They somehow get along with her and she seems to know how to treat them. Noctora is much more proficient at night.

Bonus RP: Here. I also had a bit to work with at the moment

Player goals for this campaign: A game with a fun campaign story and with room for character growth

Last edited by Krow Nest; 02-21-2019 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:32 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Completed.

Return of the Shadowlord
right-aligned image

Name: Mask. The reincarnated Lord of Shadows is a little different than how the other gods remember. Most could consider him a young god transitioning back into the pantheon after his death, and his previous self being a century absent.

Race and Class: Human Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
As much as Mask was able to gather, his rebirth and current vessel was a devout follower named Drasek Riven, a human assassin who had willingly taken up the task of becoming the new incarnation of the Lord of Shadows. He feels terrible that he can't remember the man, but he's also incredibly humbled someone would do that for him. It only serves as proof that even killers are capable of self-sacrifice for something greater.

Traits: ~I have an eye for everything valuable--or where such things could be hidden. If I find it, that's too bad for you. Hide them better. ~When taking a questionable action (usually a trick or prank), I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. ~If the odds are insurmountable, letís do it anyway and see what happens. ~The only truth is chaos. Everything changes, so just go with it.

Bond: I want to prove myself as someone worthy of praise. The people I've met are the only ones I have, I'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe. Wealth belongs to those who are able to obtain it, ownership is nine-tenths of what is right.

Ideal: Trickery, illusions, and deception. Misdirection is the best way to get what you want. If it doesnít hurt anyone, then why not? The day belongs to the quick, the smooth-tongued and the light-fingered.

Flaw: Reincarnated. I have no clue where I stand on most matters, and I am highly influenced by those around me. Although, my core nature will always be there despite the frustration of some. The concepts of right and wrong are confusing or altogether arbitrary, even when I try to understand them. Remembering anything from my life before would certainly help with all the confusion.

Lies and Chaos: Wealth belongs to those who can acquire it. Steal what is vital, not everything at hand. Honesty is for fools.

Personality:

Appearance: With Mask's height and muscular body, the first impression you'd get when seeing him would be of a brash and confident man. In reality, his demeanor is generally nervous and self-conscious. When his guard is down he can be quick with a joke, though sometimes at the expense of others. Other than an illusionary, stark-white mask he canít take off he appears as a normal Human. His jet black hair is cropped short, and he has strange tattoos on his tanned skin.

Secret: I am terrified of remembering who I once was in my previous life. Maybe itís better to stay naÔve.

Secret #2

People:
Amaunator: The mighty 'Light of the Law' was the first god Mask met when he was reborn. Amaunator isn't sure why Mask doesn't remember his previous lives and before he left, he gave him a sprinkle of information about what happened. Before he could ask anymore questions, Amaunator and his Chosen left him to ponder alone. The small tid-bits is not nearly enough to really know what to do, now that he's come back to life.
Toven: He's a curious and adventurous child. Short with brown hair, a dusting of freckles, he's always on the look out for fun. Just like Mask. When together doing silly pratical jokes, Toven sometimes takes the fall for Mask's escapades, although the child doesn't seem to mind when he gets in trouble.
Vissira: She is the younger sister of Toven and she is more reserved out of the two siblings, but she goes along with them. Even at a young age, she is usually the voice of caution before Mask and her brother go too far. Sometimes they listen, other times they don't.
Barnabas Withaul: Barnabas is a local shady Bureaucrat and he was completely overjoyed at meeting his god. Although, as the saying goes, never meet your heroes. Mask isn't what he thought he was, however might still have a use for Mask to gain his advancement in politics.

Backstory: He's working on one moral quandary: The line between good and evil, and how to find that line. Mask has always dipped into both sides of good and evil, whether it be keeping a balance or striving to understand it.

Bonus Background:

RP: Bhaal, Lord of Murder. During the Times of Troubles, Mask took the form of 'Godsbane' and, with then mortal Cyric, and killed him. Bhaal hates Mask for killing him and might want to return the favor sooner than later.

Bonus RP: Fighting a demon in a dream sequence that leads to...Something unexpected.

Player goals for this campaign: Exploring some grey areas and uncovering the mystery. I love the idea of a bunch of gods, especially from vastly different domains, overcoming previous personal conflict, and having to work together to fix their problem. Also, this game seems like itíll have golden RP! (I'm also kind of liking the idea of picking up where the Wiki drops off. Apparently there are books written about him, so this will be interesting. Another idea was the influence of others, and how that can direct a path towards good or bad is an interesting concept. Maybe he'll be reseated on the throne of trickery? Maybe something worse? Maybe something better? Who knows.)

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 02-25-2019 at 08:32 PM. Reason: I found the perfect picture! Had to switch it out!
Old 02-18-2019, 04:01 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 438
AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel
This is very interesting. Just a quick question, if I may? Are we able to be any of the Forgotten Realms good/neutral deities or is it just the Faerunian pantheon?
Old 02-19-2019, 12:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrimel View Post
This is very interesting. Just a quick question, if I may? Are we able to be any of the Forgotten Realms good/neutral deities or is it just the Faerunian pantheon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
This looks amazing! Posting interest.

Edit : Mask looks cool, but he's a Neutral alignment. I have the same question as AHrimel.
Thanks to you both. You can be any god in local cosmology -- any good or neutral god ruled over by Ao.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-19-2019, 03:05 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1472
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
This looks very intriguing. Off the top of my head I have three goddesses I can work with and races I would like to put them in.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:59 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 438
AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel

Name: Bahamut

Race and Class: Silver Dragonborn Paladin - As the draconic god of justice it is perhaps no surprise that Bahamut would be cast out upon the mortal realm in the form of a race widely regarded as his children, the dragonborn. It is speculated that he has manifested in the form of a silver dragonborn, rather than the perhaps more expected gold, as this colour is actually more akin to his own spectacular platinum hue and it comes with the ability to breath forth a cone of cold, an attack for which his deific form was renowned. And it also came as no surprise to anyone that the lawful good god of justice, protection, nobility and honour should be granted the skills of a paladin, not least as one of his titles is Draco Paladin.

Trait: I abhor violence in all its forms but my great strength and power means that I am often forced to employ it to combat evil and enforce my code of justice. If you threaten or hurt those who I care for I will give you the chance to redeem yourself but if you fail and leave me with no other choice then your death will be swift and without mercy, although I will mourn for you, no matter your crimes.

Bond: The concept and ideal of merciful justice as described in that paragon of honour and virtue, the Ptarian Code.

Ideal: My domain is justice, nobility, protection; all that is right and good in this existence and summarised beautifully in the Ptarian Code.

Flaw: Mercy in the face of evil. I will kill when I deem it necessary but all, even the most reviled creatures, should be given a chance at redemption, no matter the cost to myself. This also makes me open to manipulation by those I would otherwise be forced to slay, for if they fall on my mercy and promise to change it is hard for me to not offer them the chance, even when I should know them better than that.

Personality: Bahamut has an uncompromising, innate sense of justice, honour and nobility that he adheres to in all things. He is a merciful being and is always looking to give those on the wrong path a chance to right their course and take the first steps towards their redemption, for he believes that few beings are truly, irreversibly evil, particularly mortals. When his mercy is exhausted, however, he metes out justice of a final kind without hesitation but with a burdensome amount of remorse.

Appearance: Bahamut is a tall, heavily built silver dragonborn with noble bearing and eyes that seem to shift in colour, dependent on his current mood. He moves with apparent purpose and projects an air of certainty and confidence, even if his reduced form. Still, to those few beings who know him well enough they would detect a subtle shift in his usual demeanour. There is an uncertainty, a hesitancy that lurks just beneath the surface as the god within adjusts to the mortal shell without, a shell he neither chose nor understands how to escape.

Secret: I am haunted by every death I have been forced to cause, no matter how evil the being I slew. When it is quiet and no one else attends me I recite their names to myself. Every. Single. One.

Secret #2 Your Talons of Justice? Those elitist, rigid do-gooders who fight for the code you so espouse? After they were nearly crushed in the Rage of Dragons and sought to rebuild they were infiltrated, compromised. There are still those in the order loyal to you but many now serve at the whim of your beloved sister.

People:
1) Daardendrien Balasar, a Thymari dragonborn of a... Unique disposition. He has done much to bolster those who fight in my name, whilst not becoming one of my followers in the process. He is a very interesting one, insightful and successful and a joy to debate with when I pay him the occasional visit. Not that he knows who he is speaking to of course. Perhaps one day I can bring him truly into my flock.
2) A young, impressionable priest of Lathander from Waterdeep whose name I have deliberately not learned. I like to sit an listen to his sermons as he has a wonderful way with words and a genuine understanding of what it means to be and do good in this world.
3) Graven of the Mountain, a hobgoblin of all races, who has taken the oath of a paladin of devotion and seeks to prove those who fear him and his people wrong. I sometimes appear to him, in different guises, to provide him advice and guidance and to help keep him on the path of good he walks, no matter how precarious his footing may become.
4) Torm is my brother god in arms, a good friend and a stalwart companion when the last recourse of the just cannot be avoided. He also makes a surprisingly good drinking buddy when wandering the mortal plane together.

Backstory: To kill or not to kill, that is the question. It is not one with an easy answer, for to take a life comes with a finality that is difficult to recant, although the evidence is, time and again, that it can be done if an individual or their companions are determined enough or well resourced enough. Still, for most it represents and ending from which there is no way back. It is an end to possibilities, including the possibility of redemption, self-sacrifice and repentance, all of which almost any being is capable of, given the right circumstances. So where did I end up drawing my line? That is a case by case basis. I will kill if I deem it both just and necessary and when I do my justice is swift and unyielding but I will only kill as a last resort, although I admit that being a god and having the powers of such does give me a certain amount of leeway and ability to indulge my convictions that it may be harder for mortals, however much they strive to follow the Ptarian Code, to live up to.

Bonus Background: Ah, The Time of Troubles, or the Era of Upheaval as I believe the mortals call it now. That was a difficult period for me. I was still reduced in aspect when the Troubles began, a Celestial Paragon in Mount Celestia and no longer a god due to a battle hundreds of years before, where my sister and I fought and killed each other in another pantheon, ripping our divinity from us. I regret the act but would do so again in a heartbeat to save the life of a fellow good aligned deity as I did that day. During the start of the Troubles I was diligently performing the duties of a Paragon but a year into that terrible period a mortal, a king indeed, one Gareth Dragonsbane, returned me to my rightful place. An ironic name I suppose, as it was he who returned the Tree-Gem from The Abyss and reignited mortal interest in my tenants and worship, returning me to godhood. It was a short-lived victory though as I soon found myself trapped in a prison of high magic from which I could not escape. Once again my fate was out of my hands, a galling fact for a divine being I'm sure you can appreciate. And once again I was freed due to the efforts of others. Upon my escape I discovered that my sister had also regained her divine spark and with it had begun again her usual despicable activities. I immediately set out to stop her, as is my duty, and to do so imbued chosen mortal followers with my power, reigniting the war on the mortal plane. This was not something that I revelled in doing but it was necessary to mete out justice and stop her evil in its tracks.

RP Sample: Tiamat... My sister, my burden, my responsibility. She is ever a thorn in my side, and in the side of all good folk across the realms. Our enmity has been going on for so long I don't think I can truly say where or why it began. Perhaps it was simple sibling rivalry, amplified by our deific natures to proportions that defy mortal understanding. Or perhaps it is that our natures are so opposed, so misaligned that we could never be aught but enemies. She is the yin to my yang, the dark to my light, the evil to my good. Balance in all things they say, yet did the universe genuinely need to balance my sister and I so perfectly that we have been set against each other for as long as either of us can remember? I would redeem her if I could; she is my sister and I still hold love for her in my heart regardless of what she has done but she has proven time and again that she has no desire to be so saved. She revels in her infamy and her abhorrent creations and seemingly lives to outdo me and see me cast down. Maybe she finally has her wish but regardless of what she may or may not have done to me to put me in this position I will persevere and regain my rightful place in the pantheon with my brethren. And I will thwart whatever evil machinations she is currently indulging in. It is my duty, justice will prevail and, regretfully, the war between us will rage on as it always has and always will do.

Bonus RP: Not been on these forums for too long but feel free to look at my introductory post for Jakkit Redeye, my goblin ranger in The Everlasting Unknown Westmarches game, plus anything else I've posted by him in that thread: Intro post for Jakkitt.

Player goals for this campaign: A sense of mystery, maybe tinged with despair, as the fallen gods come to terms with their much reduced position and try to determine how they can get back to their rightful place in the cosmos. Plus just a general chance to do some RP!

Last edited by AHrimel; 02-20-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:29 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
@LinguaManiac How do you feel about the Tome of Foe's Shadar-kai? I can find something else if that's a no-go, but considering the general 'Shadowfell' theme, I thought to ask what you thought of it!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-19-2019, 05:54 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Sune
right-aligned image
Name: Sune

Race and Class: Human Mage - Theurgy Tradition: Domain of Life

Trait: I take great pains to always look my best, which isn't easy as a mere mortal now. It's tough being beautiful. My genuine flattery and ability to see the beauty in almost everyone makes others feel like unique and irreplaceable.

Bond: My Beauty.

Ideal: Putting beauty on display and drawing attention to it is of utmost importance. It is the only true way to offset evil and its devices. True enlightenment of the heart not only comes from beauty, but it is the beauty within.

Flaw: Sune tends to overlook organization and order as an asset, or a good thing when it can be. Tending to speak so intimately to people has her falling in and out of love, or infatuation with others often. It can also mean that she'll put off something to look at the beauty of someone's hair blowing in the wind, or a drop of water flowing down someone's arm in the failing twilight.

Personality: Sune lives on showing off beauty, mostly hers. She is happy when others display their own beauty and bring attention to it as well. She loves flattery and will give it often as such words are oh so sweet nectar to the soul. She is protective of being cut so she doesn't scar and tends to remind others to take it easy as bruises aren't flattering.

Appearance: Sune's new mortal form is a young, Auburn haired beauty, who only tends to dress protectively when danger may be present. Otherwise she dresses rather suggestively.

Secret: During the Time of Troubles, she spent a good deal of time hiding out (though some might call it 'shacking up') with Lathandar. She is the reason he encourages his faithful now to greet the sunrise in the nude.

Secret #2 One of her most trusted allies is the reason or cause she fell from her immortal status to be confined in her current human form.

People: 1)A faithful mortal named Clarice Sunar is often blessed with her appearance in her Avatar form so the Heartwarder can comb and wash her hair.
2)A simple fisherman on the Sword Coast was raising three beautiful daughters and keeping them beautiful and unblemished as he faithfully gave offerings to Sune daily. She appeared to him every few seasons in her unclad form so he could paint her image. Being a gifted painter he was allowed to sell his work as long as he claimed he painted from memory. She reminded him that any mortal seeing her unclad form could simply die by her wish if she so desired.
3) She appears often to an old blind priest of Torm to listen to his wisdom of the true beauty he has seen in his life. She continues to do so as he has never asked her for anything, though he knows full well who she is.
4) She has a close relationship with Sharess. Some think it's because she likes Sharess' favor for saving her during the Time of Troubles, but it's more than that. They are kindred in their love of things such as the Grand Revel, and are rarely without a laugh when in each other's company.

Backstory: She watched the young mother and newborn as they both rested. She had come across this information almost by accident. There was this dancer in Waterdeep who was just beautiful and she had slipped in to watch when she overheard what she wished she hadn't. Seems this woman's husband, the actual father of the child was about to sell the babe to a newly formed 'cult' or Shar worshipers. To make things worse, they were going to sacrifice more than the life of the child, but a great deal of works of art and artifacts representing Lliira. Death of the child wasn't the goal for the cult, rather dedicating the child and her upbringing to Shar, raising her in the way of... ugliness.
Sune couldn't allow it, furthermore, she couldn't tell Lliira as she feared not only would Lliira not do anything, but make things difficult for all involved, which included Sune herself of course.
So, she did what she had to do. She charmed the few that wouldn't draw attention to her by Shar into taking the father's life and pointed them at some more of Lliira's shrines to destroy to divert them further from the mother and child. This... beauty, simply could not be marred. On some level, it could be argued that she could have done things differently, saving the father, but his disdain for the beauty of mother and child couldn't be overlooked by Sune.
And as always, another secret muddling in the affairs of those in Faerun by a Deity was added to a long and continual list.

Bonus Background: What were you doing during the first Avatar Crisis (The Time of Troubles)? - She was trying to hide out as much as possible until the whole thing blew over. Once it didn't blow over so quickly, she took an interest in what was going on and this is when she stepped in to restore Sharess to her original state.

RP Sample: It is little known that Sune and Loviatar crossed paths during the Time of Troubles. Sune took issue with Loviatar's manner of dress that suggested beauty, but instead gave scars to her patrons that worshiped her. Loviatar mocked Sune with her own phrase that Beauty isn't just skin deep, and they actually had a brief fight. It ended quickly when Loviatar's whip struck Sune and she became almost enraged at the wound that might cause a scar. Sune turned Loviatar's faithful gathered 'round against her, but it was Loviatar who believed she had the last laugh as she escaped with the knowledge she had quite literally gotten under Sune's skin.
Fortunately, the wound didn't scar, but Sune has not forgotten the encounter and will not do well if they cross paths again. She won't react well around Loviatar's followers either.

Bonus RP: My Gladiator working up the crowd to join into the adventure.

Player goals for this campaign: The opportunity to portray and bring to life a "God" involuntarily thrown into a mortal shell is something I cannot pass up. The opportunities to RP situations that challenge Sune's stand on things, and put her in situations she's quite literally never known will be quite enjoyable.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-04-2019 at 05:52 PM.