RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 504
vortechs vortechs vortechs vortechs vortechs vortechs
I'd like to try my hand at this game. I'm already in another game where I am playing a level 1 god, but I'd love to be apart of this one as well. I have an idea on which god I'd like to play as well. I'll have an app up shortly.
I have taken the Oath.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:29 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Is the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide allowed?
Old 02-19-2019, 06:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3400
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
This is really interesting, I am going to use this as a placeholder and I will comb through the deities to find something that peaks my interest.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
@LinguaManiac How do you feel about the Tome of Foe's Shadar-kai?
Honestly? I don't feel any particular way about them at all. In fact, I've just learnt that they exist, as I don't have the Tome of Foe and I wasn't really active in 4e (where apparently they came to prominence). My rule for non-PHB, non-Xander's content is basically the same in all cases: explain why your character concept needs it ("needs" simply being a substitute for 'works really well with') and I'll probably allow it. But you and I need a copy of the reference material, so we're on the same page. I found the race on DnD Beyond, but it might not be the same in the published material.

This all might be moot, though, as I see your application has him as an half-elf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Is the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide allowed?
My answer to this is basically the exact same as the above: 1) I need access to a copy of whatever you're looking at, generally a website, and 2) You have to explain in your background why this material fits. For example, look at AHrimel's description of why Bahamut is a dragonborn. I mean, obviously a dragonborn would be allowed regardless (being from the PHB), but it's a perfect, simply description of why Bahamut is a Dragonborn instead of (just an example) an Elf. Why must your character be X (found in The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) and not Y (found in the PHB).

I grant you, though, that his work was fairly straightforward, Bahamut being the god of good dragons.

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 02-20-2019 at 01:47 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 02:15 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Yeah, I decided it would make it easier. The Shadar-kai seem interesting, but I could do about the same with a half-elf!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-20-2019, 06:26 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1263
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
I would so much love to put forth an application with my recently-retired Lightning God, but I’m afraid I’m a bit over-extended as it is.
I might try to follow along in the adventure as an observer, if that’s allowed?
Old 02-20-2019, 07:49 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1357
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Withdrawn.

Last edited by ihinka; 02-25-2019 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:45 AM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1643
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Lingua, I hate you. I hate you so so much. I was trying to take things easy and and just chill, but you just had to put up a game deeply involving the Faerun gods, one of my most favorite subjects in all of DnD.

Guess I'll just have to be a liar and bring my home girl to the forefront.

Honest question though: what is your stance on Drow PCs?
Old 02-20-2019, 11:48 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8063
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
App is complete I believe, though I obviously bow to your DMship to approve.
I am hesitant about one thing though. I'm not so sure Bard is the correct class to represent Sune as I see her in mortal form. I was thinking Sorcerer, or Warlock perhaps. Maybe... Wild magic for Sorcerer if she gets to 3rd level, and Celestial for Warlock?
Thoughts?
Old 02-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguaManiac View Post
My answer to this is basically the exact same as the above: 1) I need access to a copy of whatever you're looking at, generally a website, and 2) You have to explain in your background why this material fits. For example, look at AHrimel's description of why Bahamut is a dragonborn. I mean, obviously a dragonborn would be allowed regardless (being from the PHB), but it's a perfect, simply description of why Bahamut is a Dragonborn instead of (just an example) an Elf. Why must your character be X (found in The Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide) and not Y (found in the PHB).

I grant you, though, that his work was fairly straightforward, Bahamut being the god of good dragons.
I'd like to use Monk of the Long Death.

As for the reason, it's because it'd be a great fit for Nephtys. These Monks are empowered by the death of others, can terrify people with their mere presence, and can kill with a touch. Those powers seem really appropriate for a Goddess of Death.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Completed Application. Thank you for your consideration to what looks like a very fun campaign! I wish everyone the best of luck. Some really nice applications here. <3

Application

left-aligned image

I am named Akadi, Goddess, Queen and Lady of the Air. I am born of the wind and fly on the back of true freedom, there are no chains that bind me, no reins to pull. I move across plains and city alike, no bounds, no restrictions...no restraint. (Name)

For the second time in my known history, I was forced to abandon my place in immortality. When my position was undermined, I was cast into mortality in the shape I had been currently using on the Elemental Plane of Air and conformed to the body of the Air Genasi. This form is not unfamiliar to me, as I am the Mother of those that are birthed and ride on the wings of wind and air. As a neutral entity, and as my history has shown, my nature was generally carefree, the heart of all Gypsies across Toril. Those that most often sought my guidance, were Clerics faithful to my ideals, those that ventured to incorporate my manifest into their work, whether it be through creation or alteration, these faithful followers wished to enhance life, and thus I have returned to this plane to not only honor those that put their faith in me, but to reclaim my position within the Immortal Pantheon and cast out those who have yet to see the tumultuous wrath of my hurricane. (Race and Class)

Throughout lifetimes, millennia and eons, I have remained steadfast and true to who I am, what I am and the role I was entrusted to deliver. Through this marriage of self awareness and enlightenment of celestial responsibility, I have neither felt the desires of physical flesh, the intimacy of what mortal beings call Love or been consumed by it's counterpart, Hate.(Trait 1: I express affection or contempt in ways that are unfamiliar to others.)Within the long stretch of time that immortality has to offer, I found comfort in routine and order that contrasted and balanced the wistful nature of my being. Within the early mornings I would fly to the highest, coldest peaks of the mountain tops to pay homage to the Lathander-God of Dawn and Light,Creativity, birth, renewal, spring,vitality,etc.Morning Lord , thanking Him for the promise he kept with me, that all mornings would be allowed to renew after the depths of night had it's agreed to time. And thus, in the evenings, I would walk the plains from coast to coast, conversing withGoddess of the Moon, stars and wanderers. Selūne. The Moonmaiden always gave me an open platform to discuss the creation of life and how the tides beckoned to her whim. (Trait 2: I begin or end my day with small traditional rituals that are unfamiliar to those around me.- maybe not so much a ritual but routine)

My nature is whimsical, a slow waltz across the sky, I am felt within the chords and strings of wind that whip through the open plains and gently stir the small hairs at your neck within the valleys. I am often silent though my presence is often felt first before my words. (Custom Trait: I speak no louder then a whisper without the aid of spellcraft/thaumaturgy).

There is nothing more sacred to me then the sanctity of life. To live and let live. To roam and to dance. Never to settle too long, never to become stagnant. To let our hearts become full with wonderment and awe. (Bonds)

I am the embodiment of Air. The Lady of the Winds, Queen of the gentle gusts, Lordess of the billowing breeze. But now, my position has changed, and I will bring the wickedness from the eye of the storm and shatter the glass throne those now sit at when they banished me from my rightful place. (Ideals/Domain)

My existence is nomadic, a free spirit that never stays too long in any one place. Because of this nature, there's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest. (Flaw 1)
I ere on the side of a creative, unbound mind. I will try almost anything once and sometimes... something will stick with me in the form of a bad habit from the perspective of others. (Flaw 2- Enjoys smoking herbs that enhance creativity and a carefree mind)

right-aligned image

This body, lithe and fragile, traverses the material plane with the grace and fluidity of an eagle's flight above the windswept plains. The slightest hint of translucent blue tones dance and speckle buttermilk flesh and silver eyes glitter when the sun beams kiss her face. Vibrant cerulean waves tumble down to her waist, while they billow gently behind from an ever-constant wind that seems to encompass her entire being.

People: Lathander (God of Dawn) Selune (Goddess of the Moon)-Immortals
The Whisper This sect worked quietly, trying to discreetly bring about change.
The Roar This group dedicated to Akadi were those who openly preached the Lady of Air's dogma.
The Azure Guard This elite guard of a dozen female air genasi fighters served as Akadi's proxies on the Elemental Plane of Air.
Arch Bishop- Asterius Silvermane of The Roar,
Sir Calin of The Azure Guard
Lady Esos. leader of the The Whisper..

These are three different mortal connections she has through her Orders in the Material and Air Elemental Plane. (Only the Azure Guard is on the Elemental Plane, though the Guard is capable of travel to the Material)

A Thousand years before the Time of Troubles, I was apart of a secret coupe that imprisoned someone close to me. The entropy and utter devastation they had caused, toiled on my heart.. I bared this burden for far too long and when the opportunity was right, I and my Azure Guard sealed away this person for eternity in the ninth layer of hell, Nessus. There they were bound to Asmodeus under a pact that would or could not ever be spoken about in details. There were only a select few of us that knew of this pact and to this day, it has been forgotten on the tongue of man. (Moral Quandary)

During 1358, Selūne is taken captive by Shar and imprisons her. My confidant, closest friend, the one I walked the endless plains with, brought to heel and hidden by a jealous twin sister. Of course, I had taken care of my own similar issues centuries before, and often Selūne and I discussed previous to her capture, of how to keep Shar at bay, though none of our conversations ever went any further then simply wishful thinking and daydreaming. She regretted not taking action even up until the last night we walked through the plains land. So, during the Time of Troubles, I could be found with a secretly formed coalition of her most trusted followers and had been working to free her from the prison in which Shar had been keeping her. After her rescue, we sent Shar's followers deep into Waterdeep beneath the Undermountain, where they only grew in strength and power under the leadership of the DeathKnight, Vanrak Moonshar. (Bonus Background)

RP Sample: Grumbar, or the Earthlord, is the elemental embodiment of earth. He is Akadi's polar opposite. Uncaring for mortal circumstances, distant to the woes and suffering of others, Akadi and Grumbar often found themselves in discord and disagreement over the happenings of the Material and Elemental Planes.

Short Rp SampleAs it was at every congress the four Primordial Elementals converged at, Akadi and Grumbar took center stage, whipping insults, shouting obscenities, dramatically enacting a full-on battle of wit, debate and disagreement. In the Quasi-Elemental Plane of Minerals, the most recent agreeable place to hold conference, the air was filled with intense bickering which brought tiny, jeweled scarab type insects out of their homes to listen in on the meeting of the Elemental Gods. Akadi's voice echoed against the cavernous walls while she darted and whipped through and within the area they were in. "You could show a bit more compassion, Grumbar! These aren't insects or worms that you so carelessly use to your whim! In fact, your followers deserve a reward for even remaining as such, seeing how you've never met any of their prayers or wishes. Your blindness to their plight is as large as your thirst within the Underdark and the Earth Plane."

Bonus RP:{In Secret} But feel free to scroll through my Profile if someone's very interested = )

Player goals for this campaign: Exploration of the Material Plane, possibly other planar travel, depth of character progression as a new mortal. I thrive on heavy role play, mixed with intrigue and character driven objectives and interaction. I'm always open ended when it comes to Epic or High Fantasy and prefer an organic progression of story line whenever possible.

Last edited by MeredithS; 02-21-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Also. When you say no equipment, does that include standard starting Gold, weapons and armor/shield I assume? And no issues with Air Genasi? I would like to use Akadi as my character. I ask because they're in the EE Player's Companion (here's the PDF)

Last edited by MeredithS; 02-20-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:48 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
I'm mostly complete except I'm hung up on a feud between a god of equal or lower status. Suggestions are welcome!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-20-2019, 04:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
Also. When you say no equipment, does that include standard starting Gold, weapons and armor/shield I assume?
The opening post says that the PCs are naked.
Old 02-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you Kaiya. I realized that after reading it over again. =D