RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 05:43 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 388
AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel
My application should be complete now.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 808
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange2099 View Post
I might try to follow along in the adventure as an observer, if that’s allowed?
You're more than welcome to follow along. If you ever have any thoughts about the game, I'd be happy to hear them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
Lingua, I hate you. I hate you so so much. I was trying to take things easy and and just chill, but you just had to put up a game deeply involving the Faerun gods, one of my most favorite subjects in all of DnD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumUnicorn View Post
Honest question though: what is your stance on Drow PCs?
As a DM, I have no problem with a Drow at all. In fact, I have quite a lot of affection for them, as one of my best friends was a drow in my first epic campaign back when I was a kid. But know that while the reputation of the Drow is better than what it was back in the 13th Century (thank you, Drizzt), it's not great at the end of the 15th. You'll have a harder time in-game making the yokels comfortable. But it's unlikely that the whole town will come after you with pitchforks (although it's possible, depending on what's going on -- almost everything is possible) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
App is complete I believe, though I obviously bow to your DMship to approve.
I am hesitant about one thing though. I'm not so sure Bard is the correct class to represent Sune as I see her in mortal form. I was thinking Sorcerer, or Warlock perhaps. Maybe... Wild magic for Sorcerer if she gets to 3rd level, and Celestial for Warlock?
Thoughts?
You know when your own app is complete, not me. It looks fine to me. The only real question I have is this: how is her second secret a secret and not a flaw?

As for your class problem, it's not really my place to intervene. In your mind, what makes Sorcerer more apt than Bard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
I'd like to use Monk of the Long Death.
As for the reason, it's because it'd be a great fit for Nephtys. These Monks are empowered by the death of others, can terrify people with their mere presence, and can kill with a touch. Those powers seem really appropriate for a Goddess of Death.
They do seem especially apt for Nephthys, don't they? Yup, I'll allow it. Just make sure to include a version of that reasoning in your Race and Class section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
And no issues with Air Genasi? I would like to use Akadi as my character. I ask because they're in the EE Player's Companion (here's the PDF)
I find your reasons for choosing Air Genasi more than acceptable. I'm less sure about the race itself, as I can see some rampant abuse with some of those abilities. I'll allow it, but I just want you to know that I might have to nerf some of them depending on how the game progresses. Levitate can be a super-powerful spell, but it's far less concerning than being able to hold your breath indefinitely. We might have to change that to 'ten minutes' or something. But I'll allow it and, if you're accepted, we'll see how it plays out in-game. Does that work for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
I'm mostly complete except I'm hung up on a feud between a god of equal or lower status. Suggestions are welcome!
Given that you're character's personality has changed so much in his re-birth, I'd suggest a god with whom he used to be close. Unfortunately, my first three thoughts were Bane, Cyric, and Shar -- and I specifically asked you not to choose those three. Maybe find someone else who was in on one of Mask's pre-Death schemes, hurt by it, and now wants particular revenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHrimel View Post
My application should be complete now.
Great! Looks good.

For Everybody: Please do tell me when your characters are done. If after a day or two, you don't see that the chart on the front page has been updated, please remind me. Thank you!

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 02-21-2019 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1374
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Oh that's fine. If you'd like we can replace levitate with using Gust once per long rest and hold breath for ten mins per short rest?

Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1375
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
ApplicationName: Eilistraee
Race/Class: Drow Bard (College of Swords)

Traits: - I judge people by their actions, not thier words.
- I have a lesson for every situation, drawn from observing nature.
- I change my mood as quickly as I change keys in a song.

Bond: I am a shepard of my people, guiding the list to the light of the Surface.

Ideals: It is for our actions we are feared, and it will be by our actions we are forgiven. Give to those in need of aid, and free those who are enslaved either by shackles or by dogma.

Flaws: The Lost must be given the chance to come to the Surface, even in the heat of battle. It is not thier fault they have been forced to live in a web of lies.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 02-21-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
I am finished. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing more apply as well!

Old 02-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
im done
Old 02-21-2019, 02:21 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7520
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguaManiac View Post
You know when your own app is complete, not me. It looks fine to me. The only real question I have is this: how is her second secret a secret and not a flaw?
Answer: Wouldn't a flaw qualify as a secret even she doesn't know about herself? If not, I'm just not grasping what a secret about herself would be that she doesn't know about.

Quote:
As for your class problem, it's not really my place to intervene. In your mind, what makes Sorcerer more apt than Bard?
Answer: Heh... in my mind I can flip that and say the same about Bard vs. Sorcerer. Or even Warlock for that matter. The reason I thought Bard was appropriate initially was for the definite Beauty/charm that would go along with some spell use.
I think I'll stick with it.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 02-21-2019 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit. Some examples of a secret she wouldn't know about herself would be something like:

Having a sibling she wasn't told about
Perhaps something like, she always called sea gulls, water chickens and never knew there was a different name for them.
Or even, when she was originally made/created/came into being, she has a birthright unknown to her.

Old 02-21-2019, 02:39 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7520
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
Drachenspirit. Some examples of a secret she wouldn't know about herself would be something like:

Having a sibling she wasn't told about
Perhaps something like, she always called sea gulls, water chickens and never knew there was a different name for them.
Or even, when she was originally made/created/came into being, she has a birthright unknown to her.
If I were superstitious, I wouldn't reply to your post numberd "666."

Ah. So... if I went with, "One of her most trusted allies is the reason she "fell from her immortal" status and is in human form", that would work. Gotcha.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ha! I didn't even realize that. *snickers*
And yea, I mean, I see that as a definite example of a secret she wouldn't be aware of.

Last edited by MeredithS; 02-21-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:00 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
Vokub
Quote:

You can play as one of those or you can make your own, minor god.
I will draw inspiration from Discworld pantheon. I'm about 1/3 into re-reading the books, and I keep thinking... Om would fit this!

App to follow presently.

Om
right-aligned image

Name: Om

Race and Class: Tortle Warlock. Despite what people think, gods also have a (very twisted) sense of humor. So instead of casting Om down as the form his worshipers imagined him - a great white bull, whoever was responsible for this mess thought it'd be funny to see Om humbled by reincarnating him into an avatar of a measly, ugly turtle. They were merciful enough to allow some of his former powers to seep into this clumsy body. Mercy came as a price though, as his Patron turned out to be one of his rivals.

Traits:
- I am fairly lazy and I expect others to do the heavy lifting.
- I . . . speak . . . slowly . . . when talking . . . to idiots, . . . which . . . almost . . . everyone . . . is . . . compared . . .to me.
- I tend to shoot first and ask questions later.

Bond: I will return to my former glory and exact vengeance on my current Patron.

Ideal: My Patron is a twisted master. For now. He trickles down power to me in exchange for various menial or demeaning tasks which he thinks will teach me a lesson of humility. I only see them as a means to an end.

Flaw:
- I speak without really thinking through my words, invariably insulting others.
- I still treat mortals like subject and often forget I am weak and most often than not powerless.

Personality: Om can find a silver lining in any situation, as long as it serves his purposes. Being quite egocentric, he's having a hard time making acquaintances, let alone friends. However, once you get under his skin shell, he'll prove quite the loyal companion.

Appearance: Having been spoiled with the finest drinks and food as a god, Om finds it hard to adapt to a body that craves lettuce, out of all things! And this cumbersome shell - how will that help with virgin sacrifices?! As if there aren't enough reasons to be grumpy already! He did his best to accessorize himself, but options are limited for this unwieldy body. A ragged cloth draped across his waste should suffice to hide his... Om didn't even knew if he had anything to hide, at this point! But appearances count. And a makeshift sling held his meager belongings across his back.

Secret: I take my believers for granted and I am indifferent to their prayers.

Secret #2 The reason of being cast from the pantheon is my Patron himself. His machinations lead to my demise.

People:
- Brutha, the only true Om believer left in my flock, who keeps my spirit alive.
- Vorbis, grand Exquisitor of the Quisition, the martial enforcer of the Omnian creed.
- Didactylos, keeper oft he Great Omnian Library.
- Libertina, Goddess of the Sea, saved Om in his current mortal form in exchange of an unnamed favor.

Backstory: Om started as a faint pinch of ego, and as he accumulated belief he became more powerful and vengeful. After conquering and smiting his opposition's flock of believers he became the most powerful god in the area. Eventually the rituals and priesthood became the true focus of belief, leaving the god withering away within the shell of a religion. By the time he realized this, he was left with his only true believer, Brutha. No other voice to carry his commandments. No other medium to manifest his powers. No other litany heard except his prayers. This was his first lesson in humility.

Bonus Background: The memory of The Time of Troubles was hazy at best of Om. He remember nonchalantly playing with people's destinies for fun, with other Gods. He remembered the echoes of his flock's prayers growing fainter but paying them no heed. He remembered many rivals and few friends. Memory tends to pay tricks on you when your whole daily focus seems to be finding the next head of lettuce...

RP Sample: Om and Blind Io were sitting at a table on which there was a very life-like representation of Faerun, down to the finest details. One might even think that was Faerun, and not a mere scale model. He was engaged in a game of Fate concerning several of his worshipers who somehow got embroiled in a political plot to kill one of Io's high priests. The game was fun, he didn't cared about the immediate effects of his actions on the board. Io, on the other hand, seemed a lot more invested. At one point, the plotters came within inches of assassinating the priest, and that's when Io snapped and blasted Om across the room with a thunderous burst of lightning. He was sure Om was somehow cheating. And Om was sure he hid the 5th dice really well in his sleeve, though! Sure enough, a brawl ensued, one that only Fortuna broke up, with a gentle tap on Om's shoulder. The extra loaded die somehow dislodged from its hiding place and rolled defiantly up to Io's sandal, landing on 13 (on a 6-faced die). The accusing stare of everyone present is the last thing Om remembered before finding himself hunched down over a bowl of lettuce with a terrible headache and an even worse urge to talk reaaaaaally slow.

Bonus RP: Sorry mate, haven't been on the forums long enough.

Player goals for this campaign: Have fun, roleplay a headstrong character with a race I've never played before, find out what Om really did to be outcast (gods feud all the time without any real consequence except perhaps a rain of toads here and there), get back in the game (a series of unfortunate real life evens had me abruptly vanish from RPGX), oh and did I mention have fun?

Application hopefully complete. Sorry for the black & white picture, you'd be surprised how few hits you get if you search for Tortle Warlock!

UPDATE
Thanks to MeredithS, replaced the b/w image with a colour variant.

Last edited by Vokub; 02-22-2019 at 04:50 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vokub View Post
I will draw inspiration from Discworld pantheon. I'm about 1/3 into re-reading the books, and I keep thinking... Om would fit this!

App to follow presently.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Vokub. I owe you some RPGxp! I went to give you some and I'm out for the day. I will try again tomorrow! I really like your concept <3

Old 02-21-2019, 06:33 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 535
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Oh man that's cool @Vokub!

@MeredithS. My app should be complete! I think Baal would be a pretty big feud considering Mask helped kill the friggin' Lord of Murder. XD If you have an questions or recommended changes, I'm all ears!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; 02-21-2019 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think you meant to @ the DM and not me lol.