RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-21-2019, 10:28 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Haha wooops! You're right I was looking at your name while typing XD I meant @LinguaManiac

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-21-2019, 10:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
Old 02-21-2019, 11:36 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
withdrawn

Last edited by penbeast0; 03-03-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithS View Post
Oh that's fine. If you'd like we can replace levitate with using Gust once per long rest and hold breath for ten mins per short rest?
Let's change the holding breath thing to ten minutes but we can keep the levitate. It's probably one of those things that'll be really useful for the first half-dozen levels but then peters out as you all gain. I still might change it, but no need to without seeing it in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Answer: Wouldn't a flaw qualify as a secret even she doesn't know about herself? If not, I'm just not grasping what a secret about herself would be that she doesn't know about.
The one you have now works well. We'll have to massage it a bit if you're accepted, but it's a fun idea that gives us lots of potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
My app should be complete! I think Baal would be a pretty big feud considering Mask helped kill the friggin' Lord of Murder. XD If you have an questions or recommended changes, I'm all ears!
Just read it over. Everything looks good, and I like the idea that you fell to earth in the body of the mortal who took your essence into himself.

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 02-22-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:57 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7794
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
The Tyrant-King
Kossuth
Lord of Flames
right-aligned image
Art: Raging Inferno by Ross Grams
Mortal Form: Kossuth’s manifestation on Toril takes the form of a fire genasi. He appears as a frail old man, dark red of skin, light of hair, and bald as a woman’s tit. What little power remains in him manifests in the form of a phoenix. The unwitting would classify him as a mere sorcerer. Kossuth loathes this form. Wasn't it enough to strip him of his power? Must he also appear weak?

Personality: Kossuth believes that nobody is his equal. There is, perhaps, no belief in all of creation that is stronger than Kossuth’s belief in himself. Being a leader is second nature to him. He had never seen himself as anything else. Whenever he gives an order, he expects it to be obeyed. To him, being at the top is only natural. Fortunately for his subjects, Kossuth rules the way he would want to be ruled; firmly, justly and efficiently. True to the element which he embodies, Kossuth tends to be volatile. His passion and his anger are boundless. He is a catalyst for change. Change that he believes is always for the better.

Trait 1: People are drawn to my light. They see my competence and my reliability as virtues to aspire to.

Trait 2: I give power to all who deserve them, be they evil or good. Fairness and balance go hand in hand.

Ideal: Purity. My flames reforge things into their essential forms. True renewal requires destruction.

Bond: Imix, Zaaman Rul, and the Sultan are surely scrambling to fill the void that I have left behind. I must get back to my domain post haste, before they do irreversible damage to what I have built.

Flaw 1: I am superior to all, save Ao.

Flaw 2: I am relentless in pursuing vengeance against those who have wronged me.

People: Kossuth is connected to the following.
- Istishia, king of water elementals, had been Kossuth’s rival since they both came into being.
- Tola Rhyn, a human monk in her early twenties, is rising to power in her home nation of Thay as a leader of a rebellious group. She is Kossuth’s Chosen.
- Klauth, the eldest living red dragon, could be considered as one of Kossuth’s favorites, so much so that the primordial appeared to the dragon thrice. Once out of curiosity, once to drop a hint on how the dragon could live longer, and another just because he was bored.
- Tripp Lightmore, a thirteen-year-old halfling chimney sweep, carried his sister out of a burning warehouse when he was nine, with Kossuth's help. The primordial parted the flames for them to go through safely. Tripp and his sister escaped with only minor burns. The boy now worships who he refers to as “The Fire Man”.

During the Time of Troubles: Kossuth remained in the Crimson Pillar to oversee the protection of the Plane of Fire. The events of the Avatar Crisis concerned him, but it wasn’t enough to move him into taking action. Not once, during that whole debacle, did Ao appear to not be in control, hence Kossuth did not feel a need to intervene.

RP Samples: As a DM, as someone who had been thrust into a position of leadership, and as a dog in zombie apocalypse.

Player Goals: My goals are simple. I just want to see Kossuth pushed to his limits, and I would like him to have a character arc deserving of a god.

Kossuth's Folly"And this, my lord! This shall be at the heart of it all, a grand palace befitting your domain," said a pompously-dressed efreeti, as he gestured towards the middle of the complex illusion projected on the floor of the Crimson Pillar’s throne room. Towers, domes, spires and minarets are shown standing upon a great hemisphere of brass, fully 40 miles across. A shining wall, with eight massive gates, was shown surrounding the entirety of the proposed project. A “city”, they called it. The first of its kind. Able to house millions and millions of people, and predicted to generate boundless riches.

The ones making the presentation were the two highest ranking nobles of the efreet. The one who was talking was called the sultan, the first to successfully claim rulership amongst all of their kind. The other one was called the vizier, whose only tasks that day were to cast illusions and to remain silent.

Kossuth circled the image for a few moments. He towered over everyone in the room, looking equally majestic and frightening. "Are those planar gates?," he asked, in that deep reverberating voice of his. The expression on his face was unreadable.

"Ye- yes, my lord!," the sultan answered, his voice shaking a bit. "Planar gates would greatly increase the speed in which trade is conducted between us and our partners. And we..."

Kossuth felt something at the back of his consciousness, something that he couldn’t quite describe. He found himself no longer paying attention to his visitors, as the sultan rambled on in the background. The feeling gnawed at him, beckoning him to be away, to go towards a certain direction.

"We will speak of this at another time," he said at last. "I have some business to take care of."

"But I’m not fin-"

"Another time," Kossuth said. This time with unmistakable finality.

"Yes, my lord," the sultan said. His second-in-command dismissed the illusion, and both of them headed out of the room disappointed.

Once they were gone, Kossuth walked towards his window and jumped out. White-hot flames shot out of the ends of his limbs, propelling him towards his destination, a massive field of jagged obsidian and nothing more. There he saw a candleflame-sized fire elemental hopping from point to point. It was unlike anything he had ever seen before. There was an intelligent look behind the tiny thing’s eyes.

"Where did you come from, little one?," Kossuth demanded. "Who made you?"

The little elemental roared and managed to make itself as large as a fist for a moment, then reverted back to its former size. Did it just flex at him? Or was that simply its defensive instincts taking over? There wasn’t much power in it. Kossuth couldn’t even feel the heat that it was giving off. He could snuff the poor little thing out without effort.

That would be a waste, now though. Wouldn’t it?, he thought to himself. He could sense great potential in the thing. He wouldn’t have been able to know of its presence all the way back in the Crimson Pillar had that not been the case. He could use it. Yes. It could become a great weapon against his enemies, Istishia most of all.

He scooped up the tiny elemental with his hand and flew towards wilder lands. There, he snatched a small beast from the ground. A waivera, it was called, an eight-legged black lizard that lived off of tiny insects and fire snake eggs.

"Here," he said, as he put both the waivera and the little elemental on top of a rock. Kossuth watched as the animal was engulfed and consumed in bright orange flames. When the elemental was finished, it had grown to the size of a thumb. It stared hopefully at Kossuth, hungry for more. Kossuth laughed, then pointed out where other nearby waiveras were. He watched as it hopped off the rock and hunted its next snack.

Over the next few months, the unusual fire elemental would come to be known as Imix. Kossuth had tasked a few of his trusted men to nurture Imix, giving him larger and larger prey, and keeping him from others’ sights. Eventually, Imix consumed these guardians and set out on his own merry way.

Last edited by Osse; 02-22-2019 at 04:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1825
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
The Lady of Strategy
left-aligned image
Art by Kent Floris

Name: Red Knight

Race and Class: Human (Variant) Fighter. A child of man she was before and a child of man she would be again. Even in godhood, the Red Lady was sparing with her divinity. Magic was a tool for children. As a mortal, her means and methods would remain mundane: A simple blade or two and the mind of the Crimson General.

Appearance: A lithe woman adorned in impeccable red face-paint with beautiful, slim eyes that are so dark as to appear bottomless. She moves slowly and intentionally, rarely running and always, always watching. Tall for a woman already, her height is extenuated by her tall posture.

Personality: In her first life Red was no great warrior, but a thinker. She was a student of the great minds that came before her, occupying her time with study of the writings of the masters of war long before she learned to properly wield a blade. Her mind remains curious and respectful towards mastery in all shapes and forms. As a social companion she is pleasant and honest, if blunt and lacking in skills of wordplay.

Traits:
i. Propriety and a warm demeanor hide the spirit of a fierce competitor. The Lady of Strategy is no fool, but she will never balk from a martial challenge. There is a lesson even in loss. And she will not lose.
ii.
Method in all things. In social settings, especially those of cultural significance, The Red Lady follows all forms and customs, respecting the norms of polite and high society. Do not expect her to deviate except under the most dire circumstances.

Bond: Tempus. Beyond her duty as the Lord of Battle's Exarch, the Red Lord sees him as the father that life failed to give her. Finding him and restoring him to glory is her main aim.
Ideal: Strategy and battle tactics. Each battlefield is a new puzzle of the mind where all beings, mortal and divine, may be tested. Mastery of sound tactics is the path to the ultimate elevation of self.
Flaw: Every matter is a matter of the mind and nothing else. The Lady of Strategy approaches every problem with the analytical mind of the tactician, often failing to connect emotionally to the pain and needs of others. Matters of the heart mystify and make her uncomfortable.

Secrets:

People:
  • Jigil Gorgeous- A street urchin who also happens to be a savant at dragon chess. Red often plays games with the boy, finding his instinctive and unusual tactical moves refreshing and educating.
  • Tall Bron - An elderly half-orc with one ear. He is a skilled and talented blacksmith, but most of all Red enjoys the ceremony with which Tall Bron forges his blades. When Red has need of a tale or the itch to share war stories, she finds him at the forge and they share a deep brown ale that the blacksmith brews himself.
  • Malos - A young assassin who crossed blades once with the Red Lady and recognized the gulf of difference in their skill. He has dedicated his life to her teachings and styled himself her disciple (he is no such thing). Often found tracking the Red Lady from after she skips town to avoid him.
  • Torm - There are few she'd rather have beside her on the battlefield. Torm and the Red Knight have faced threats of divine magnitude together.

Backstory: The point of the game is the game itself. Victory on its own means nothing, the process by which one achieves victory is what truly matters. In her youth the Red Lady was obsessed only with victory, now she is obsessed with victory over herself and her limits.

Bonus Background: During the Time of Troubles the Lady of Strategy rested her blade and acted as counsel to cities and nations that were bastions of peace in those chaotic and violent times. In disguise she advised war councils and those individuals responsible for defense, instructing them in ways to ensure their capacity to keep innocents safe and reduce bloodshed was maximized. Though she never went into battle herself, countless lives may have been saved by her actions.

RP Sample: On the third night the hordes of Ilneval once more broke on the ramparts of the City of White Walls. It was then that he knew someone of equal power opposed him. The War Maker, they called him. Ilneval, The Horde Leader, whose hordes take all in name of the bloody blade. And indeed, until that day, the mass of orcs and orogs and tanarukks that served him broke and pillaged all the lands that they'd swept through. The ruler of Manass, Prince Jad, foresaw the arrival of the horde and beseeched the Red Lady for council. In the form of a swallow, the Lady of Strategy directed his defense. The hordes were broken after seven days and the Game, a web of proxy wars and skirmishes between Lieutenant of Gruumsh and the Crimson General, began.

Bonus RP: A medic comes to terms with her blood magic and enters a dangerous meeting with the brass of an organization of assassins, thieves and smugglers.

Player goals for this campaign: Growing into the world and the setting around me, and building a rapport with the rest of the divine-turned-mortal. Figuring out what makes the Red Lady tick and hopefully having some moments of genuine tactical supremacy!

Last edited by Vislands; 02-26-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 04:45 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
Vokub Vokub
Quote:
@Vokub. I owe you some RPGxp! I went to give you some and I'm out for the day. I will try again tomorrow! I really like your concept <3
Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Oh man that's cool @Vokub!
Did my best to adapt one of my favourite characters to this setting
Old 02-22-2019, 10:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
@Vislands I love the Red Knight. I am currently using her as my warlock/paladin's Patron in another game. She's badass.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Quote:
@Vislands I love the Red Knight. I am currently using her as my warlock/paladin's Patron in another game. She's badass.
She is! I've wanted to do something with her since I read about her and this game is the perfect opportunity.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
If we are picked together, I look forward to how you develop her. Very awesome.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:48 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Duuudee, @Vislands you always have such awesome character ideas!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 02-23-2019, 11:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Appreciate it y'all Looking forward to see how the party shakes out, I'm a fan of Mask and Akadi as well.
Old 02-24-2019, 03:50 AM
Simple Storysmith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7093
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posting interest. I’ll try and throw something together soon.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
I have my in-person DnD session at about 0:00 GMT, so by the morning GTM I'll have my next edits to the Advertisement Thread (including a question from PM).

Thank you, everyone who applied. These applications are really something else.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-24-2019, 10:36 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
What can we say, we are all Goddess/God wannabees. :-)