RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-24-2019, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1825
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
I'd be happy to hear any feedback you have regarding my application.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1121
voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie voodoozombie
Name: Hi, my name is…

Race and Class: Unlike mortals, you weren't born to certain parents and you didn't train in a certain discipline. So tell me why your godhood manifested in this particular race, with these (very) particular (set of) skills.

Trait: Please give me at least two, and something more than what your Forgotten Realms wiki or the PHB would tell me
Bond: What are you most attached to in your divine existence?
Ideal: Give me a sentence or two which describe your portfolio and/or domain
Flaw: What does your character overlook? What are your character’s personal weaknesses? Please give me at least two.

Personality: Try to combine and reword your background traits into one or two paragraphs that describe your character.
Appearance: Describe how your character looks and feels in his new mortal body. A picture is acceptable and even welcome, but neither necessary nor sufficient.

Secret: Gods have secrets. Tell me one of yours.
Secret #2 Other people keep secrets, even from gods. Tell me a secret that is about you but that you do not know.
People: List at least three mortals and at least one other god with whom you have a relationship.

Backstory: Describe for me one moral quandary that your character solved in his long life.
Bonus Background: What were you doing during the first Avatar Crisis (The Time of Troubles)?

RP Sample: Choose an evil god of equal or lower rank than you with whom you are in a feud. Describe the interaction with him that sparked that feud. (Please do not choose Cyric, Bane, or Shar.)
Bonus RP: If you want and you can, please link to an actual piece of PR from another game.

Player goals for this campaign: What are you looking for in this campaign? This will have absolutely no (zero, zip) impact on whether you are chosen. I’m just curious.

Last edited by voodoozombie; 02-24-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
What can we say, we are all Goddess/God wannabees. :-)
You mean people don't play because they want to be powerless and weak!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A PM Sent to Me
Would the UA Mystic Class be acceptable?
I'm sorry, no. I don't particularly want Psionics in the game.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-25-2019, 07:45 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1357
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
Inspiration has fled, unfortunately. I'll have to withdraw my application.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:34 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihinka View Post
Inspiration has fled, unfortunately. I'll have to withdraw my application.
Sorry to hear that, but thank you for telling me. Best of luck with everything in the future.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-25-2019, 03:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Wow, thank you for the thorough feedback. I'll be sure to work all that into my future edits
Old 02-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguaManiac View Post
You mean people don't play because they want to be powerless and weak!?

I've seen those campaigns here too. ;-)

I'm not feeling that confident about the originality or brilliance of my concept either. If you have the time and inclination to provide feedback to strengthen it, I'd love it too but it's certainly not something I want to push you on.

Last edited by penbeast0; 02-25-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vislands View Post
Wow, thank you for the thorough feedback. I'll be sure to work all that into my future edits
You're welcome.

For Everyone: Since two people have asked now, I might as well put it out to everyone. If you want my reactions to your application so far, please ask and I'll be happy to provide.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable giving this offer out, though. Applications are dedications enough for most people, and having feedback doubles that attachment and effort when one goes to edit. That's not fair. Even if no one else posts, I will have eleven applications at the end. I can only take five, maybe, maybe six. That means about half of you won't get in, no matter how spot-on these applications are (and many of them are).

I feel rather bad about that, and I don't want to encourage you to dedicate yourselves more to my own idiosyncratic brand of judgment just to then slap you down and laugh at you (not that I would do either). Having said that, if you want my reactions, I shall give them to you. Just please know that getting a reaction won't (on its own) increase your chance, nor will not wanting one make me think you're less dedicated than those who did get one.

Again, thank you all for applying.

I have taken the Oath
Old 02-26-2019, 03:19 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 438
AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel AHrimel
@LinguaManiac

That's a very generous offer (far more than you have any need to make) and one that I'm tempted to take you up on. However, I figure my application either stands on its own or it doesn't and I don't want to ask you to put in work on my application. So thank you for the offer but I'll leave Bahamut be unless I decide to do some further edits independently.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:23 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 178
Vokub Vokub
Quote:
Applications are dedications enough for most people, and having feedback doubles that attachment and effort when one goes to edit.
I am quite happy with the state of my app - if feedback would be required I'd feel compelled to somehow shoehorn my concept into the DM's vision, and that will definitely make the whole process moot.
Old 02-26-2019, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
What a great gesture LinguaManiac. It's a reflection of a good DM, one who takes the time to work with us mere applicants and not true players (yet or likewise). That being said, unless there's an enormous conflict with how my character fits in your world, I shall leave her as is.
Old 02-26-2019, 03:43 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2538
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
This looks like a blast. I'm going to try to throw an app together tomorrow. When is the deadline for apps?

The Great Exile | Return to Karredral | Waeveran Legends | Waterdeep:Disavowed |Madness in Stephanovo
Old 02-26-2019, 04:32 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8063
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Response
You're welcome.

For Everyone: Since two people have asked now, I might as well put it out to everyone. If you want my reactions to your application so far, please ask and I'll be happy to provide.

I do feel a bit uncomfortable giving this offer out, though. Applications are dedications enough for most people, and having feedback doubles that attachment and effort when one goes to edit. That's not fair. Even if no one else posts, I will have eleven applications at the end. I can only take five, maybe, maybe six. That means about half of you won't get in, no matter how spot-on these applications are (and many of them are).

I feel rather bad about that, and I don't want to encourage you to dedicate yourselves more to my own idiosyncratic brand of judgment just to then slap you down and laugh at you (not that I would do either). Having said that, if you want my reactions, I shall give them to you. Just please know that getting a reaction won't (on its own) increase your chance, nor will not wanting one make me think you're less dedicated than those who did get one.

Again, thank you all for applying.

Hats off to you LinguaManiac. Seeing past the words and into the heart of what people are really writing is often overlooked in the application process. We are sharing our stories and parts of ourselves here, and your respect for that is highly commendable.
Thanks.
And as others have said, I too, will leave my app as is.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
My app can be marked complete. Your feedback has given me much food for thought, but I didn't end up changing much really (at least in the app itself).
Old 02-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3473
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac

If we play a cleric, who are we a cleric of? Ourselves? Or are we a cleric of another god, thus making ourselves subservient to them?

How do backgrounds skills work? IE, if I'm playing Liera, then might I declare I'm taking the charlatan background, granting me Deception and Sleight of hand?

Last edited by anamiac; 02-26-2019 at 05:07 PM.