RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 11:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Well. Congrats to everyone that got in
Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
They haven't been posted yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinguaManiac View Post
Applications are Closed

Thank you all who applied. As I said, this is how it will go:
  • I'll look these over during the next day or two and choose.
  • Then I'll send out acceptances.
  • Finally, I will post in this thread when all players have been accepted.

If good luck doesn't sound too perverse coming from the person who chooses, good luck. If it does (and it sort of does), sorry. You have all made this choice almost impossible (which I know I keep saying, but it still keeps being true).
Old 03-05-2019, 01:02 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2628
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
There are a lot of good apps, I'm sure it takes a bit to go through them all thoroughly.

On the upside, I guess it's a sign of a good game ad when everyone is on the edge of their seat waiting to see if they are chosen.

Eye of Solaris | The Great Exile | Return to Karredral | Waeveran Legends | Madness in Stephanovo
Old 03-05-2019, 01:10 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Don't know if I'll get in or not, but I started a Character sheet for my Sune character all the same. For some reason, when I randomly roll for their height and weight, my characters are over 6' more often than not. Add the roll of 18 to 4.8" base and she's 6'2" with a CHA of 16. Heh... She'll set quite the striking pose for a dethroned Goddess.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 03-05-2019 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:20 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2628
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Don't know if I'll get in or not, but I started a Character sheet for my Sune character all the same. For some reason, when I randomly roll for their height and weight, my characters are over 6' more often than not. Add the roll of 18 to 4.8" base and she's 6'2" with a CHA of 16. Heh... She'll set quite the striking pose for a dethroned Goddess.
Haha! Considering that being tall is a desirable trait when it comes to beauty, it seems only fitting.

I thought about starting my sheet, but I'm afraid to get more attached to her than I already am before knowing if I was chosen.

Eye of Solaris | The Great Exile | Return to Karredral | Waeveran Legends | Madness in Stephanovo

Last edited by DaysUntold; 03-05-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:38 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1298
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Same! I find I get too attached to a character once I make a sheet. So, I'm just going to wait and see!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 03-05-2019, 02:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
I started to on DnD beyond, just to flesh her out a bit.. but nothing more then that. *shimmies*. Indeed my excitement has got the better of me for this game. While I'd be disappointed to not be chosen, it was certainly fun and insightful to read everyone's applications and consider the setting for such a game.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:38 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8089
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
I have been turned down more times than I have been accepted here on the site, and it's all part of it. I, too, like reading everyone's applications and character ideas as it fuels my own. I always get too attached to a character idea, and then the character if they get into a game. The whole 'breathing life into an idea' satisfies a part of my creative drive. Still, I've tried a Raven Queen follower several times and she's either not gotten in a game, or gotten in a game that died within a month (twice).
Old 03-05-2019, 10:53 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Raven Queen is a neutral Alightment, right? I personally have had the most rejection with 'neutral' characters for some reason, save one character of course haha

Old 03-05-2019, 10:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
I wish the best to all those who applied! It's sure to be a very interesting campaign.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
Final PostAll players have been accepted. If you do not have a PM, please see below. If you have neither a PM nor a secret message from me, then please get in touch with me. Something must have gone wrong.

Again, I have to say thank you. It was as I said it would be: an impossible decision between various applications. I could easily have taken two groups. In fact, I had two people suggest just that. In the end, I decided that I couldn’t handle two groups with anything like the attention of one, at least not now. My final decisions were mostly based on a forming consensus I saw among some of the applications. There were spectacular applications I couldn’t take. Way too many, actually.

Anyone who wants to may follow the game, it'll be here. You're welcome in OOC and please feel free to give me whatever suggestions you think warranted. Even if it’s to say I’m screwing everything up. (Seriously. And fear not – I am very hard to offend.Please do this.)

Thank you all.

I have taken the Oath

Last edited by LinguaManiac; 03-06-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 75
Coolsip
Congrats to all those accepted, looks like it'll be a stunning game!

Old 03-06-2019, 11:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1327
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Sorry I messed up my app. Good luck everyone..
Old 03-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Well, I have apparently been turned down because I chose to group people together as "the Chosen" and "the Seven Sisters" rather than detailing information on the dozens of individual people who currently do (or previously have) make up those two groups. To imply that this shows I write with a lack of detail seems odd given the length and painstaking history in my application; I merely gathered a large number of people important to Mystra into groups for efficiency's sake.

I'm not clear on what's meant when you say I "write from a ten thousand foot height" but appreciate that I was otherwise told it was a good application. What I also don't understand is how we come to a rejection when you go on to state that I shine in my portrayal of Mystra's mindset, her divided dedications and hatreds, and her status in the world. I seem to have nailed all of the critical character details, by this answer. During the wait for the decision, I even went back and tweaked my writing numerous times just to ensure you received the best possible quality.

Disappointing rejection which doesn't feel particularly fair for the reason given, but best of luck to everyone else who got in.

Last edited by Kuroyama; 03-06-2019 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:27 AM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Boy, uh, that is a...tough and randomly picky critique I didn't ask for XD lol

I hope everyone chosen has a good time regardless!