RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 01:32 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 816
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
Boy, uh, that is a...tough and randomly picky critique I didn't ask for XD lol

I hope everyone chosen has a good time regardless!
I'm merely replying to what you wrote, not anything random. That said, I really was inspired regarding this campaign and worked hard on my application, so it felt less than uplifting to seemingly be waved off over not giving info on dozens of persons. More so when the rest of the commentary compliments me on my grasp of the character itself.

That said, I do once again hope others enjoy the campaign and that it goes well for you.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 642
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Thanks a lot for taking the time to write a critique; I for one enjoyed working on the character and wish everyone a great game
Old 03-07-2019, 02:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 897
LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac LinguaManiac
For Everyone
For those who were not chosen, I am sorry if my comments seemed in any way harsh. I tried (to the point of putting my criticisms first and my compliments last, so the last words of mine you'd read were complimentary) to make sure you knew I didn't think your characters were bad or somehow 'undeserving'. Far from it. I did not receive a single bad application. Not being picked for a game is hard enough, and I had hoped my comments would be a balm for that hurt, not salt in that wound. I'll think again before doing this in any future games I run.

For those who still have questions, I'm happy to answer any anyone has about anything over PM.

Thank you again for applying. I really did enjoy reading everyone's applications and I'm sorry I wasn't able to make that clear.

I have taken the Oath
Old 03-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2143
MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS MeredithS
You know.. It's really uncalled for to whine about not getting into a game. Most everyone wanted Lingua's feedback throughout the whole process. No one whined then. Show me where constructive criticism hurt you... seriously. There are literally new games everyday that pop up in RPGx. When you railroad a DM for not picking you, don't think other DM's don't notice.

Lingua could of just said "Im sorry, you worked hard I know, but for my own reasons as a DM, I've decided to pick someone else" and left it at that. The appropriate way to handle rejection is through Private Messages anyhow. Not put someone on blast in their ad thread. The same respect Lingua gave you should of been afforded to him.

Last edited by MeredithS; 03-07-2019 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 816
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
I did not request any feedback, nor did I whine when giving a reply to their critique (nor did Lingua state that a reply was prohibited or undesirable). Only the complaints they gave were addressed. I felt that the one issue that was clearly stated was minor and could have been addressed had I simply known about it, so I said so in response to a rejection which I didn't understand - under circumstances where the commentary was supposed to make me understand. Others have PM'd me since who felt the same way, so I'm not alone in that.

Having said this, it's over and done with. I regret that I didn't get into the game, along with the others who PM'd me after doing a lot of research for their applications. But, we still didn't get in. May those who did have a good time.