Old 02-22-2019, 06:27 PM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
ApplicationName: Zarck
Race: Half-Ogre
Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer (Draconic-/Abyssal Bloodline)
Circumstances of birth: Cesarius Rym was a noble Wizards whose life work was to weaponize the power of the slave bloodlines. He researched all types of experimental methods to couple magical rituals or blood with the more physically potent blood of Orcs and Ogres. After a lifetime of mistakes and setbacks Cesarius, was an old and sick man before he saw any real fruit of his labors. But together with his idealistic apprentice Ya'an he finally managed to impregnate an Ogre female with an altered fetus, but in the end the old wizard died before the weapon was born. He left the completion of his project to his apprentice.
Background: At first it appeared that Ya'an Grielle would honor the mission given to him by his old master, he started training the boy from an early age to channel the magic in his blood and gave him what knowledge the boy could understand.
It soon became apparent that the young wizard's dedication to the project was not that of Rym's. While he did teach the boy and test his capabilities, he never did push the project forward.
The leniency of Ya'an towards this boy that he had dubbed Zarck started to make people talk. Was this upstart wizard a halfbreed activist or was something even more scandalous afoot?
Compared to other slaves's childhoods Zarck couldnt have a more privileged experience, he was dressed in fine clothing, he was allowed to eat at the same table as Ya'an and his workload more resembled that of a school boy than slavery.
But this couldnt last. The deadline of the project meant Ya'an had to deliver a product and give up ownership of Zarck.
After a demonstration of his capabilities before a group of nobles it was decided that Zarck should be sent for further testing to "more qualified" wizards, but Ya'an spoke out and managed to convince them that Zarck would be much more useful at the front line.
Personality: Having had a much less traumatic experience in his formative years, Zarck is naive and friendly compared to his peers. He understands his lot though, so he does feel more loyalty and connection to other members of the half breed and slave races. He has a sense of duty when it comes to this new assignment due to his previous owner going out on a limb to get him this position. He has no habits when it comes to following orders though so he is likely to be seen as insolent.
Appearance: Standing 8'4'' and weighing over 300lbs of mostly muscles Zarck is huge. This is however mitigated by his well kept clothing good enough for wealthy merchants and his handsome, almost human face. The ferocious stare that most half-ogres have does shine through whenever Zarck is stressed or angry, but mostly a calm confidence is on the only expression.

Last edited by Leniyuhl; 02-22-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:59 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
I have edited the Q&A post to have information about the deities of Crehen.
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 02-23-2019 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:41 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
pippinle
NAME: Kuda
Race: Half-Ogre
Class: Shadow Monk
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Circumstances of Birth: I don't know much about the circumstances of my birth. The monks that raised me think that I was born of devious means but I like to think my parents were in love. Any time I say such things though master Froid whips me. My mother was a human that didn't have time to explain the situation to the monks at the monastery where I was born. She died soon after my birth.

Background: I was raised by monks to be a ruthless killer. But they always made sure to let me know that I was lesser even if I did better than any of the others that I learned with. I was essentially raised to be a guard dog for the other monks but I was also taught to be well spoken and one of the other students taught me to read. I spent all the time that I wasn't working reading. I learned to be very sneaky since I was not allowed to have the books. I was also taught to be clean. I'm unsure if it was because of the god we worshipped or if the other monks were afraid I'd become primal if I slipped. So, I have been made to take an oath of cleanliness. I'm not allowed to be unclean but I'm also not allowed to touch something that is dead.

Personality: I enjoy reading and practicing my craft. I dislike the other monks and being whipped. I'm afraid of going out into the real world and being treated even worse than I was at the monastery. I have no real feelings about the war since my masters don't tell me much about it. And anytime I try to read information on it I get caught and the books get taken away.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2433
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name: Volk Render
Race: Half-bugbear
Class: NightmareDread
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Circumstances of Birth: Volk was born as the very unlikely love between a homely human noblemens daughter and a bugbear slave that was her bodyguard. When the noblemen found out what had transpired between his daughter and the slave he was furious and had the bugbear killed for the transgression. After having Volk the women's dying words gave him a name and begged her father to let the child live. Being his daughters last wish he did let Volk live but he cast him out, selling him into slavery.

Background: Volk grew up in the slave pens where he learned that he was bigger than most of the others and could get them to do what he wanted through threats of physical violence. He became the uncrowned king of the pens until the day he was sold to a soldier who had two other slaves, half-orges who spared no time in trying to teach the new comer who the bosses were. It was then that Volk manifested his abilities, touching one that came straight for him and causing it a massive amount of pain. The second became wary of the smaller creature but it was no use and Volk brought into assistance one of its greatest fears. The soldier returned to find his two larger slaves cowering in the corner and Volk standing tall over them. He thought that Volk had beaten his other slaves and didn't want to put up with infighting so sold Volk to the military for the upcoming exchange.

Personality: Volk gets the greatest pleasure from seeing the fear well inside his enemies, while his worst fear is being afraid himself. The war doesn't concern him all that much other than a way for him to spread fear and gain power...wait come to think about it this war could benefit him and others of his kind, maybe they could set up a place for them to live in relative peace and not in chains.

Last edited by Rylus; 03-06-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2430
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: Lavender
Race: Half-Alseid
Class: Druid
Alignment: Neutral

Circumstances of Birth: Because Alseid slaves are rare, her master was experimenting with crossbreeding the two he managed to obtain with the other slave races. He wanted to not only see if they could breed more slaves with the gentleness of the the Alseid but see if he could breed some Strength, sturdiness, etc.other traits into the offspring. He had some success until he decided to crossbreed her mother and an elf.

Background: WIP

Personality: WIP
Old 02-24-2019, 01:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 494
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
My character is about as set up as he can be without a character sheet.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:46 AM
Madman Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 140
Leniyuhl Leniyuhl
My character is also about done as a concept unless you as a dm has anything to add/ask.
Old 02-25-2019, 12:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
@MurderInParadise, how half-human would you consider Ratfolk or Suli/Ganzi?

had a nice idea for a nagaji Mesmerist but then noticed that the class is not allowed anyway.

Last edited by Ursinorum; 02-25-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: dangerous typo
Old 02-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I would consider Suli and Ganzi to be higher value slaves, like Aasimar and Teiflings. Ratfolk would be an acceptable choice. I'd be willing to allow a Mesmerist, but do consider that you'd probably be the only one that you'd ever encounter!
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Old 02-27-2019, 09:49 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
sorry for the delay! APP COMPLETED

App KORO
right-aligned image
Name: Koro (used to be Koromvatija)
Race: Nagaji
Class: Mesmerist
Alignment: Neutral

Circumstances of Birth: There were rumors, in the village of Narrowbrook,that the woodsman had been hipnotized by one of those snake peoplein in the caves facing south of the mountain. More malicious rumors talked about the unholy union between the young man and one of the creatures and the spawn it originated.

As often happens, the rumors only had a part of the facts right. Clint fell for the scaly lady he found in the forest at the feet of the mountain, there they met in secret for months until she disappeared for weeks. When Rjahkara returned she was expecting, and invited him to come live in the mountain's cave with her people.

Some years went by and the small village started to be in need of more resources, which led to people exploring the surrounding area. This caused for more sightings of the snake people, and when some cattle went missing it pushed the people of Narrowbrook to ask for help to the neighbouring city of Crehen.

After the Crehenian soldiers attacked the caves they found a small humanish creature clinging to the corpses of a human and a snake-person.

Background: Koromvatija remembers little of her life before Crehen. Of the few flashes that are still clear to her, she knows that the Naga king was focal to them, demanding obediance and earning the devotion of the community. She kinda remembers having had close encounters with King Xacshizsa itself, but maybe she was just in the same room while her mother, one of the king's holy dancers, was having an audience with the serpentine sovereign. Koromvatija remembers spending a lot of time with her father, a unique creature in that world, watching him work as a woodworker toghether with the rest of the tribe. She recalls only few details of the day that ended the idilliac times, she often has nightmares about her parents dying to pretect her.

When the soldiers found her, the Captain immediately knew that she could be sold for a larger sum than most inferior races. The highest bidder was by far the High Priest of Ivona, Kahlador the Wise who loved to surround himself with children of lower heritage to strengthen the message of his accepting goddess.
Life at the temple wasn't terrible, compared to the slave-pens. Koro -whose name got shortened to accomodate the Common language- could enjoy priviledges that only regular slaves could only dream about: she was taught to read and write, had access to regular bathing, decent food, the best spots for public events, and if noone was looking she could sneak away and enjoy some free time. Of course, she had to assist all the clergy, scrub the temple clean before and after every function and the physical punishments were quite severe, when she would get caught.

Pivotal in her life was when one of the Sisters of Ivona discovered that for months Koro has been using some weird power on the kitchen staff to convince them to give her sweets. For that she was beaten to a pulp and left in a cell without food for days: when the door opened again the light of the candle hurt her eyes, too accostumed to the darkness, the High Priest himself was holding out his hand. Using monstrous abilities targeting humans was an offence that could easily lead a slave to an appointment with the Hangmen, but Kahlador was not called the Wise by accident, with an hypnotist in his pocket the possibilities for wealth and power were endless.
Since that day Koro found herself in a weird position as the most valuable of the Temple's slaves, which also meant being on strict surveillance 24/7. A dark perk of her new position included her training: Kahlador would get slaves for Koro to practice her hypnotising skills, even forced to push them to self-harm. With the years she got better, and the high priest started having her in many of his meetings, knowing that when he would look at her smiling, she would have to use her abilities.

Personality: The snake people were not renown for their emotional warmth, it was Koro's father that became her model in expressing herself: as a craftsman he showed how to have fun adding little fun details to the work one labors on, but in Crehen those notions faded away, as not following instructions was rewarded with the taste of blood in one's mouth. Her mother taught her about their culture that revolved around the subordinance to the Naga King. Everyone was a servant of Xacshizsa, but from what Koro remembers everyone was enthusiastic of working for it, and nobody would feel like their dignity was stepped on. But the humans twisted the concept of servitude in the most heinous ways. Yes, she would obey and serve, humbly thanking Ivona for being accepted despite the flawed blood that runs in her veins. But she knows that if she were to become useless to her master, her fate would be no different that the one of the slaves that work in the mines, and she's trying to think of a way out.

Notes: she always sports the robes of a slave of Ivona's Temple and her iron collar, over her left eyebrow she has the mark of the High Priest, partially covering the temple's mark. As a symbol of her slave status, she is allowed one weapon, a small knife she keeps at her belt.

Last edited by Ursinorum; 03-05-2019 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:56 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18
Marten
Application
right-aligned image
NAME: Crassius
Race: Half-Hobgoblin
Class: Fighter(Gladiator archetype)
Alignment: LN
Circumstances of Birth: Crassius' father was a human gladiator and his mother a hobgoblin slave that was given to the winners.
Background: As soon as he could walk, the Lanista of the school began preparing Crassius to perform in the arenas. While sparring with another gladiator during training, he received a nasty head wound, the scar of which is plainly visible. During his first bout, a series of serendipitous led Crassius to an overwhelming, and to the crowd at least, entertaining victory. This brought him to the attention of one of the Crown's agent who happened to be in the stands that day.
Personality: WIP

Last edited by Marten; 03-01-2019 at 05:57 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Apps are looking great so far everyone! This will be a hard choice!
Old 03-03-2019, 08:21 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just posting to remind you all that there are only two days left to finish (or start) your Applications! This game is still pending approval though.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 03-03-2019 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:14 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 37993
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Just so you're aware, the game approval mods usually look for more than five complete applications to a game ad before creating a game forum. For this game to move forward, you'll need to either see an increase in completed apps or select players and inform us of this by editing your request (go to Tools, Dungeon Master Control Panel, and click the pencil next to your pending game request) to include names in the "accepted players" field. Once the mods see that, they'll create your forum so you can get started. Sorry if this wasn't clear before. Let me know if you've any questions.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:05 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, thank you for letting me know! I'm going to be waiting a few more hours to choose!