Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Contagious Contagious
The Dead Roads

The Dead Roads

Game Information:System: Pathfinder
Theme: Survival Horror
Flavor: Suspense, Thriller, Horror, Death and the Afterlife, Dark Cults, Evil Gods

SynopsisYou are in the small town of Roslar’s Coffer, an isolated bit of civilization located in the country of Lastwall. Bordered by the Fangwood to the north and east, and the Tourondel River to the south. The next nearest sign of civilization is more than one hundred miles to the north, or east along the river. If solitude is what you seek, there is no better place in all of Lastwall than Roslar’s Coffer.

Unfortunately for this small town, it also makes them an ideal testing ground for a twisted cult and their leader. The entire population of Roslar’s Coffer is obliterated in a single night. The attack came with no warning and left no survivors. Sadly, you were unknowingly among the casualties, and yet, you somehow wake the next morning to find yourself in an unfamiliar room…

This is the first chapter of Tyrant's Grasp, Paizo's newest adventure path. As long as everyone, including myself, is enjoying the game we will continue with the rest of the series. Please read the player's guide which can be downloaded off the Paizo website for free. It will help you decide if this game is for you and in the character creation process.

Character Creation:Level: 1
Ability Scores: 15 point buy.
Hit Points: Max at first, roll going forward.
Races: Core, Featured, and Uncommon from the Advanced Race Guide. Duskwalkers, Shabti, and Skinwalkers are also allowed. Races that have variants (oread, tiefling, etc) can select said variants. Other official races might be allowed case by case.
Classes: Anything Paizo. Use Unchained versions. Some archetypes might not be allowed.
Alignment: Any
Wealth: Average or roll. You cannot change your mind after you roll.
Traits: Two. One must be a campaign trait specific to this adventure.
House Rules: Background Skills. Feat Tax Rules. Hero Points, you start with one.

Point Buy:Yes, I am doing a 15 point buy. No, I won't change it. I am, however, willing to accommodate the more MAD classes. For example, an unchained monk could take the rogue's finesse training instead of their first level bonus feat. Finesse training applies at level one (to rogues as well) and to an additional weapon at fifth level and every five levels after fifth. Compared to their other horror themed adventures, this game is more about surviving what happens rather than defeating the cause behind it. I wanted to keep to that feel and all Paizo adventures are designed for this lower point buy.

I do not like multiple dump stats, nor anything below an eight. There are some exceptions, such as an orc player. It's hard to cover all three of their penalties.

Applications:Applications should include the following information:
Name:
Race:
Alignment:
Appearance:
Background: Please review the Tyrant's Grasp player's guide before writing this portion.

Layout doesn't matter, as long as it's easy to read. Please include your character sheet somewhere in your application.

Deadline:
March 8, 2019

Last edited by Contagious; 02-23-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 329
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
right-aligned image

Jargan Terraz
Race: Human
Alignment: True Neutral
Class: Wizard (Chronomancer)
Traits: The Reclaimer, Reactionary
Background:

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5:

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 02-21-2019 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-21-2019, 01:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1227
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Placeholder

APP
left-aligned image
Name: Vevem
Race: Sylph
Class: Sorcerer {Tattooed Sorcerer}
Traits: The Pessimist
Background: Please review the Tyrant's Grasp player's guide before writing this portion.

Last edited by Krow Nest; 02-23-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:16 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4531
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen

Vinzu
left-aligned image

Race: Halfling
Class: Witch
Alignment: Neutral Good
Appearance: Standing at a stout 3 ft 1", never forget that 1" or you will regret it, Vinzu is a Man among children of his race. Such a short man demands attention when he walks into the room. Dropping the average eye level by at least a foot as people lower their head to see the curious sight. As the Halfling makes his way through the crowd all you can see is the over sized hat breaking through a sea of people only to break way to a small body covered in colorful and ornate garbs. His eyes are a stone cold grey devoid of feeling. The hair on his is think and whimsical at the same time. It has an unnaturally white color for one as young as he. His smile though is, believe it or not, the main oddity of the young man. It is warm, inviting, and is probably the saving grace from a life of solitude.

Background:

Come join the Tug of War and be a Positive member!

Last edited by Totentanzen; 02-24-2019 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 651
MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee MattLovesCoffee
What posting rate are you looking for?
Old 02-21-2019, 11:42 AM
Glowing Warpstone

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 985
InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats InterrogatesCats
SkretchName: Skretch
Race: Ratfolk
Class: Cleric of Zyphus (Plague and Decay domains)
Appearance:

Last edited by InterrogatesCats; 02-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:08 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Contagious Contagious
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattLovesCoffee View Post
What posting rate are you looking for?
Shooting for 3 per week. Could fluctuate up or down a bit depending on real life.
Old 02-21-2019, 10:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 193
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
[FIELDSET="App!"]Okay, got the players guide, and feeling paladin of Desna. I'm not happy about my below average wealth roll, but I will factor that into her character.

Nilsemu Colruh.Name: Nilsemu Colruh.
Race: Fetchling.
Class: Soul Sentinel Paladin of Iomedae.
Alignment: Lawful Good.
Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79473

Appearance.Appearance: Nilsemu is a muscular woman of average height, her long raven black hair tied loosely, and her yellow eyes standing out. Her light grey skin is in stark contrast to her bright clothes. Under her chain coat, one can see a rainbow of contrast. She has a gap-toothed smile, that is rarely seen. Her facial structure is rather noble in appearance, something she denies.

Background.Background: Nilsemu was born in the shadowy nation of Nidal, a place that is generally (and quite accurately) seen as a very unpleasant place for anyone who is not a sado-masochist to be. Nilsemu enjoyed her childhood, it never struck her as gloomy, as it was the only thing she ever knew. She happily played with her friends, ate sweets, and did most things normal children do. Religion did pay an important part in her life, but she was young. She had been raised on the tenants that pain was a blessing, and knew not any other way.
Shortly before her twentieth birthday, Nilsemu was walking in the forest searching for something new to draw. She came across a middle aged half-elf in strange armour. Her name was Elidove. For about three months, Nilsemu would meet up with Elidove as often as she could. They both enjoyed drawing and had a major sweet tooth. One day, Nilsemu's parents told her that there was to be an execution of some Desnans, and even an Iomedan. The family happily walked to the town square, and happily watched the gruesome spectacle before them. Nilsemu only noticed that Elidove was the final sacrifice when it was too late.
At that moment something within Nilsemu died, but like a phoenix was reborn from the flames. The change did not happen all at once, but by the time she was twenty-two, she had realized the error in her ways. Nilsemu never wanted to leave her home in Nidal. All she wanted was to liberate others from what Elidove had been through. She became an advocate for religious acceptance, meeting in secret with members of other faiths. Eventually she got caught, she was forced to flee Nidal, but she freed as many people as she could, all the while destroying conduits of the Midnight Lord's power.
Nilsemu spent the next eight years travelling the world, learning, and trying to fill a hole in her heart. It was not the hole that had formed when she had watched Elidove die, but the one that had formed when she left Nidal. Nilsemu wants to be a good person, but her heart lives in Nidal. Her heart lives in the forests she played in as a child with her siblings, her heart lives where she visited her beloved grandpa in Pangolias, her heart lives within everything she now stands against. Nilsemu struggles with her morality. She would give anything to go back and live in Nidal with her family, but she knows that it would put more lives than just hers in jeopardy.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 02-28-2019 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 03:59 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
auntmousie auntmousie
Thinking in pixels for now...
Zhanyae Bollinger
Race: Aasimar (Halfling-descended, Garuda-blooded)
Zhanyae's Garuda heritage shows in her garnet-colored eyes and her "hair"--which would be better described as plumage, and extends roughly to her shoulderblades.
Class: Ranger (Infiltrator)
Alignment: CG
Wealth: I will roll when appropriate (or when told).
Traits: The Word, Toxophilite (Aasimar racial)
Sheet Link

Antal Bollinger made bows - and arrows, of course, but mainly bows. In Roslar's Coffer, it was a widely-held opinion that he made the finest bows to be had in Lastwall - maybe all of Taldar, but few would make that boast who hadn't been around enough to back it up - and certainly Antal himself never would. In fact, old Antal was humble to a fault; he never made a point of making the best bows in the world, onlyof making the best bows he could. Still, for the last twenty years, you couldn't find a soldier in town who would carry a bow that lacked his trademark.

But there was one entity who most certainly did have the perspective and experience to assert with confidence that Antal's bows were superior - and that entity, a Garuda, chose to bless him with a child. She came to him in the guise of a customer, having traveled from a faraway land to see his handiwork... and let one thing lead to another. A year and a day later, the Garuda left him with a few celestial feathers... and a child, Zhanyae, to raise as his own.

Antal used the feathers in a set of durable arrows, which he set aside to give to Zhanyae when she came of age. But he did not properly appreciate just how long that would take. After all, Zhanyae was half-celestial... and by the time she was approaching adulthood, Antal was a very old man indeed. She learned her father's trade, and although it was still his skill and expertise that evaluated each final product, it came to be largely her labor that went into his products. In some, she used the feathers from her own head.

And then, of course, Roslar's Coffer fell.

Because testing a bow requires a firing range, Antal's workshop was on the edge of town... and it was entirely destroyed in the attack. Not a single bow, or arrow, or quiver was left intact; most of the stock on hand was quite simply gone---including the set of Garuda-fletched arrows set aside for Zhanyae's coming of age.

Antal was dead... and Zhanyae was nowhere to be found.

Last edited by auntmousie; 02-28-2019 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Checked the ad again and realized the PG misled me.
Old 02-22-2019, 08:32 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Should we make sheets?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:03 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar Balazar
A leopard trying to change his spots
right-aligned image

Safyrio Maal
Race: Human
Class: Martial Master Fighter
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Traits: Lawbringer, Well-Provisioned Adventurer
Appearance: Jet black hair that's short and neatly kept, and a goatee to match, they're starting to show a bit of grey here and there. His eyes are a bright green and often twinkle with mirth or mischief. Often wearing the armor and colors of the militia of Lastwall, he has all manner of weapons strapped to his lean but broad-shouldered body. If the clank and jangle of his armor wasn't enough to announce his presence, his boisterous and friendly voice would certainly do the trick.
Background: Having left behind a life of crime he learned from living on the streets of Riddleport, Safyrio had a religious awakening and attempted to become a paladin with the Knights of Ozum. Finding him lacking in honor, the Knights and the Church of Iomedae rejected him, causing him to sign up with the Lastwall militia in an attempt to prove himself.

Last edited by Balazar; 02-27-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Done Nilsemu, I found the player's guide and this looks amazing! Please let me know if I need to improve on anything!
Old 02-22-2019, 04:47 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
So I can't read the players guide? For some reason, Paizo put the Carrion Crown players guide there instead so I can't read it
Old 02-22-2019, 06:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Krow Nest I had the same problem, but I also have a solution!
Here is the link: https://paizo.com/products/btq01xdp?...-Players-Guide
Let me know if it works or not, but I was able to download it and enjoyed reading it and changing my archetype a gazillion times.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, it is still listed as Carrion Crown in my assets
Closed Thread