RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1809
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvoid View Post
Scratch that last part. Was thinking of something else.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Arion Elessedil
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger
Order: The Gray Falcons
Personality: He carries himself with confidence, although he may look to be a bit standoffish, usually quiet and not saying much, which spending many times alone out in the wilderness will do that to people. However, once he is included with other folks, he is outgoing and gets along with others just fine. A man of his word, he always stand by his promises. Someone that can be counted on when needed. Can be a good companion if you are not fond of the chatting type.
Appearance: Standing at 6' tall, long chestnut hair and amber eyes. His outfit, leaves, bark, leather, he seems to be part for the forest. A box at his back, sword sheathed at his left hip and a dagger sheathed at his right thigh. He looks every bit of a wood elf.
[IMG]
right-aligned image
[/IMG]
Background: Arion’s father was gone a lot while growing up, being a scout, his father would be gone for days, if not months. So each time his father came home, Arion would ask questions about his travels, wanting to know everything, becoming fascinated with the stories of the missions and adventuring. As Arion gotten older, he was becoming restless at home, always out hunting and tracking, sometimes tracking just because. His father had noticed this and understood, since he was the same way.

Arion’s parents sent him off to be a scout, the leader was the same one that Arion’s father studied under. Besides learning the basic skills of fighting, using a bow, hunting, tracking, and everything a ranger needs to know, he was also being taught to scout. Man, did he love it, every minute of it. Sure, now and then he would screw up and get reprimanded, but he still enjoyed it and was a quick learner, rarely making the same mistake twice.

The day he passed the class, his father beamed with pride and couple of days later, the two went hunting together, just the two of them, his siblings wasn’t with him this time. It was a great time, they caught a nice size buck. Out of everywhere, the forest was where he felt at home. Just being with nature, being one with nature. On the way home, they heard something and went to investigate. They came across a lone wolf pup, thin, mangy, and weak. They took the pup and searched until they found the wolf den. Two pups were inside dead, it looked like the might have starved to death. Judging from the tracks, there haven’t been an adult wolf in days. Arion’s father thinks there may been some other predator that either chased the wolves off or at least killed the mother. How this pup managed to survive on its own was a mystery. So Arion took the pup for is own, named him Timbur, and soon the pup was healthy once again and became Arion’s faithful companion.

Between various missions, he would return home, his family always happy to have him home. A few friends of his had lovers or gotten married, but he was too busy for that, one day, but not right now. A year later, word had spread that an aiudara was found in the jungle, another elf had accidently stumbled across it. News of it spread like wildfire for no one seem to know where this particular aiudara led to. It had been studied and seems it haven’t been used for many many years and after all the talk of what to do about it had finished, scouts were called, to enter the portal and to see where it led. A dangerous mission indeed, for who know where it went to? It was the unknown and Arion’s father had that look in his eyes, but his mother quickly put him check, reminding him that he had a family, head of household. Father hesitantly agreed, but Arion volunteered to go, the thought of exploring the unknown excited him.
The day before he left for the mission, his family had a party for him and the next morning after a tearful goodbye and well wishes for the trip, Arion departed, starting a new chapter in his career…

Roleplaying sample: The whole area was a buzzed of the news, it had spread like wildfire, it was all everyone was talking about and it was no different for Arion and his family as they sat down for dinner.

"Lanliss, don't even think about it and I mean it."
Father sighed. "But Dardlara, I'm-"
"Don't but me. Yes, I know, you're one of the finest scouts, but you have a family here, this isn't like the other missions, you might not come back."
"I've been on other missions before that was dangerous honey and you know that."
"Yes, but this different, you can get out of fights and always know which way to travel, but this...aiudara, no knows where it leads to, you could be killed right after you enter who knows what, or worse, you enter that portal and and something happens that you be stuck there, unable to return."

Arion ate quietly, listening but not saying anything. He could understand both sides of the argument and he saw his mother on the verge of tears, which is rare, even his siblings were quiet during the discussion.

Lanliss then gave a heavy sigh as he sat back in his chair. "Alright Dar, if it makes you feel better, I won't go."

His mother had sighed a great relief at that and all seem well again. Although his father was disappointed, Arion thought he would be more upset than this. Later, when the family had finished the meal and were all sitting on their deck, Arion decided that it was time to speak up, it now or never.

"I'm volunteering for the mission, Zenuiver going to as well and I told him I'll be joining him."

Well, you can hear a pin drop it was so quiet, only noise was from an occasional cricket or a frog. His brothers and sisters along with his parents just looked at him. His siblings as the look of surprise on their faces, his mother though was in shock, and is father? He had the look of one of pride and concern. They all began to talk about it, they were worried of course and Arion expected his mother to begin objecting but only half heartily. His father had some serious questions for him, wanting to make sure Arion knew what he was in for.

Later on when everyone was going to bed, Arion checked around the house to make sure all was secured and his mother met him in the living room. "I know you expected me to put my foot down, but..I know you are well skilled at what you do and you will be chosen, I know that. They are going to take the best ones for this mission. If you stayed and another take your place and isn't as good, I would feel guilty if I made you stay. Your father was different, he has a duty here, but you are single." She then hugged him tight. "You just be careful and stay alert, understand? Everything will be new, and remember your father's words, "Never assume and always expect the unexpected."

Arion hugged her back just as tightly, "I will. I am still surprised father didn't argue with you more during dinner."
His mother then grinned. "That's because he doesn't like to see me cry." she then winked at him.

Last edited by Seekr34; 03-07-2019 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:01 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21421
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
That's a pretty cool concept, sounds like SG-1.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:20 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 109
greenvoid greenvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
That's a pretty cool concept, sounds like SG-1.
You're kidding, it never occured to me...

Anyway, this is not my idea, I saw this some years ago, I didn't even remember whether the game took off, and at which PbP site it popped up.

However, I just had some dozens of ideas for it the other day, so here it is.
Old 03-03-2019, 03:31 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21421
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Sounds fun, unlimited possibilties.
Old 03-04-2019, 10:59 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Viktor Von Vox
Are witches/alchemists allowed. Not sure if you consider them an Arcane Caster, but someone with healing might be a benefit.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
Witch is fine, if you make them sneaky and / or perceptive (to be a scout), but alchemist with its bombs sounds kinda anti-scout to me. But, if you can make them scout-y, it's ok with me.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:48 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
well, my app is done.
Old 03-07-2019, 02:55 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@Seekr34:
Yes, I'm happy to see the first PC ready to go
Old 03-07-2019, 03:00 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
I've added my first ever table on RPGX to the original post, including applications so far.

I also added setting info to the original post, I'd like everyone to check that and decide which of the three orders there your PC is a member of. There's one specializing in manipulation and communication, one in stealthy fighting, and one in simply being undetected.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:18 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 322
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
I honestly can feel your excitement with making tables!
Currently playing as: [tt=Tandid]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79511[/tt] | [tt=Vias]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79978[/tt] |[tt=Ogeaglial ]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=79803[/tt]
Running: Prejudice's Desperation.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:33 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Patchens
Interest.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
maps of Castrovel and the 1st map, Sovyrian is at the bottom right corner
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 03-07-2019, 03:20 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Patchens
Because the yellow may give others pause, and because I've got a post count to burn through, a bit about me. An old, old hand at TTRPG gaming, I'm also not completely green on either PF or PBP. Coming back to try PBP again after a couple years, I've actually been working on a character for this (and/or to use elsewhere, if necessary) for a couple days and quietly checking things out.

Interestingly, I've misread a limitation as a requirement; "arcane casters only." I rarely play elves, I rarely play arcane casters, and there's a fish-out-of-water assigned role element to the build as well. It's been a very interesting challenge, mixing the ideas in a satisfying way (from both an RP and a mechanical perspective,) but I've got somebody pretty neat going, I think.

Not having a writing sample saved, I'll of course follow the format precedent that seems to have been set and submit a short introduction, and some narration of a formative event. Looking forward to playing, should I get the opportunity, and I'm really liking the look of this place.

Last edited by Patchens; 03-07-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Clarity, typo
Old 03-07-2019, 06:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@MurderInParadise
Yeah, but it wasn't really hard, I just followed the help page it was easier than I'd expected.

@Seekr34
Hey, those are StarFinder maps, if I'm correct. Anyway, thanks for them, I haven't seen a map as detailed as those are.

@Patchens
Welcome to the site. If you have any questions about the site's workings, don't hold back. People will happily help you here.

@Everyone
"arcane casters only" IS misleading, I updated it to "non-casters or arcane casters only", which is really what I meant.