twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
I'm finished my app, let me know if there is anything that needs doing!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:52 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Patchens
I feel as if I am unfamiliar with the lore here. I have an adaptable concept, but I don't want to go too far off the rails getting cultural minutiae wrong. Any suggested resources, and how wild can I go making up minor kingdom details?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1709
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvoid View Post
@MurderInParadise
Yeah, but it wasn't really hard, I just followed the help page it was easier than I'd expected.

@Seekr34
Hey, those are StarFinder maps, if I'm correct. Anyway, thanks for them, I haven't seen a map as detailed as those are.

@Patchens
Welcome to the site. If you have any questions about the site's workings, don't hold back. People will happily help you here.

@Everyone
"arcane casters only" IS misleading, I updated it to "non-casters or arcane casters only", which is really what I meant.

I don't have any starfinder books, but I was searching to see if I could find a map of Sovyrian. I found history of Castroval and Sovyrian and the elves. The map was hard to find and those two was the only ones I could find. When I saw the maps, they said "From Starfinder", so you are correct. Btw, just do a search "pathfinder castroval" and click on images and you'll see the map. No map of Sovyrian though.

Last edited by Seekr34; 03-07-2019 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2092
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Jaunas
Jaunas Hummingbird

Race: Elf Sex: Male Class: Monk/Fighter Age: 78 Height: 6'1" Weight: 188

Race Traits: Elven Immunities, Keen Senses, Desert Runner, Weapon Familiarity, Low-Light Vision
Class: Monk (Master of many styles) 1, Fighter (Brawler) 4
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Order: The Emerald Vigil
Trait: Sovyrian Scout, Reactionary,

Last edited by Kshnik; 03-11-2019 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
bookworm bookworm
Ok, so I'm going to submit an application over the weekend, just wanted to do a check on some details.

I'm planning on an Elven Bard, and was thinking the Chronicler of Worlds archetype would be a good fit for this game. I'd like to change up some of fluff for the archetype though if that's ok? Mostly just wanting to move away from the angel connection.

Also planning on being a member of the Gray Falcons, as such would they have been off world before or would their travels have been confined to Castrovel up until now?

Finally, I know we don't need character sheets yet but picking traits helps me figure out a character. So do we get two traits in addition to the free campaign trait? And can we take a Drawback for an extra trait if we want?

Last edited by bookworm; 03-08-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:43 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 109
greenvoid greenvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchens View Post
I feel as if I am unfamiliar with the lore here. I have an adaptable concept, but I don't want to go too far off the rails getting cultural minutiae wrong. Any suggested resources, and how wild can I go making up minor kingdom details?
Sovyrian page, El page, and see the original post for my details. There's not much on these in official sources, so I think it is best if you post your ideas, then we communicate about what's fine in them and what to change.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:51 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@bookworm
Go ahead with refluffing, especially for better fitting the game concept

The Gray Falcons are the most widely-travelled of the three, it's up to you if you want to include some off-Castrovel missions in the background story or not.

It is going to be 2 free traits, as I want to add one for each order. However, I don't like most Drawbacks, so we'll stay with two extra traits apart from the campaign and order related two,

And I added this to the original post.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@MurderInParadise
Well, let's talk about this.

I like the concept as it is, and I can easily imagine him in a game where every PC is an agent of the lich infiltrating the scouts but I have serious doubts I would want Ogeaglial in this game.

You essentially made an undercover traitor to be part of the team. Aside from backstabbing everyone simply by sharing info with the lich, what's the point? Sooner or later the lich's objectives and the scout orders' objectives will conflict, and then what?
Old 03-08-2019, 08:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 195
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Perhaps he could be a traitor to his master as well. We could do some drastic character change early on in the game, perhaps by him forming close bonds with his teammates, and he would turn against the lich.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9455
mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot mightymconeshot
Name: Variel the Sun-Touched

Race: Dimdwelling Desert Runner Elf

Class(es): Barbarian

Background: Variel is from a loose tribe of elves who live on the borders of their lands. While most talk about the civilization and they were the precursor race over the upstart humans and dwarves, his tribe never left behind their nomadic roots. They live on the edge of a large desert travelling with their animals and occasionally stopping to trade with wandering merchants. While nomadic, they could hardly be called crude as they often craft beautiful woven clothes, rugs, and jewelry. While not particularly violent, life is hard that far from civilization and death is accepted as a natural order. It was into this world that he was born. As a child he helped tend the animals. As he grew up he was trained in the sword and spear like all of his tribe. Before long he was working with another pack of young elves hunting and bringing back supplies. As he got older he learned to be a warrior and defended his people from those who would kill them. After decades, his family took a pilgrimage to the capital and it was here he saw first hand the world of civilization. While he had been in minor towns and cities, nothing ever quite topples the largeness of civilization as a race's capital. Deciding to stay was and it was not long before he was a recruit for EG-1. His desert living and training was well suited to the military life and he quickly adjusted.

As a nomad, Variel lived life on the move. Travelling to new locations year round in pursuit of some resource his tribe did not have or to reach the merchant road to sell their makings for things they couldn't make. Exploring was natural as breathing and given a chance to be the first elf to explore new situations was too compelling to resist. He quickly proved his worth as a valued member. He isn't the first one to send or the one to make first contact. He is the elf that gets the squad out when things go sideways. The heavy weapon that is used when diplomacy fails and force is needed to make it back.

When not travelling or training Variel lives in the foreign quarter of town. He never much liked the haughty attitude of his people regarding other races, but always got along with those he meet. He likes the hustle and bustle of the quarter and the variety of those who move through it. He frequents adventurer's quarters and has thought many times of leaving with one of the many groups forming and departing. But his life is long and for know he is content to simply live in one place before taking back to the road.

Personality: Variel is a loud man of many words. He is the one around the campfire boasting about what he has killed or who is the most deadly. More than once he has been called a little dwarvish or orchish in his behavior with explosive consequences for all involved. When in town he is a heavy drinker, often carousing late into the night to be found passed out in an alley or gutter somewhere. A heavy gambler, it has landed him in trouble more than once. Despite all of the negative traits, he is a pure professional when out in the field. He moves with the grace of his people only to explode into a fury of death from the shadows. He is perfectly content to be the muscle of the group and not the brains.

Roleplaying sample:

From a Sci-Fi Black Crusade Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymconeshot View Post
As the others debated, Da'Kuan let them talk. It mattered little what they said. He has his own problems. The main nuclear accelerator has become unstable. Facing a shut down, the machine spirit had automatically started a shut down of the power source and shuttered away the fuel. The backup had kicked in automatically. A countdown timer had started in the corner which he dismissed with a stray thought. Sending a thought burst, he started to run through the damage, both to himself and the suit. It was painful. Equally worth a few bolter rounds worth of damage or a glancing hit from a plasma weaponry. Or as it seemed, a crash landing.

The servo-skull was struggling, but it was to be expected. The crash had been violent and he had not had time to make the necessary orbital scans. With little data, it was no doubt completely overwhelming the machine spirit. So he refocused its directive. The burst of machine code ripped out before an answering burst came back. The data stream opened almost immediately. Structural integrity was at 4%, major components still intact. Storage lockers gone, fuel gone, weaponry destroyed, engines gone. Major pieces intact, but no original structure remaining.

Satisfied with the report, another burst of static ripped through the air before an answering burst came back. Unsatisfied, the two launched into a salvo as heavy as bolter exchange. Its sensors were useless to finding the way. Worse, they had been offered no briefing or composite scans. It was infruiting to leave such details. If the sergeant had been offered them, they were never shared before his decapitation. But he remembered much from the Red Planet. The auspex couldn't do much with the present conditions. But hopefully it could do more with a more focused query. Sending it to the edge of the crash site, he scanned for electrical currents and radiation. Moving it to another point, he repeats the query. Sending it around a dozen times, he continues to have it scan for it. Burst after burst. The static squeals burst back and forth between machine and machine. Compiling the data, he trioned to map the fields. If he could just figure out what directions they flowed, he would know the poles. Not great, but better then nothing. As he ran the numbers, he moved over to Price's body. Pulling out a large combat knife, he slices off a fist sized chunk of meat before eating it. As the rush overwhelms his mind, he filters through the memories quickly. He had no desire to know what the man had done in his life. He just wanted a map or a briefing. Moving to the bloody mess that was the pilot, he grabs one of the metal plates. Straining, he quickly dumps it over revealing a piece of flesh. Carving off a piece, he repeats trying to find something.

Finally turning to the others, "The data is inconclusive. I am unable to access the ship's data without a work station. Since we are on limited time, I doubt you will wait for one to be made. A solution is being formulated. For now we should salvage any gear. I will carry his body. It will be useful. "

Last edited by mightymconeshot; 03-08-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Patchens
Ok. That's a lot. I'll learn it, both through study (I promise) and osmosis. Being from a backwater ties into my concept, in its way. It won't be hard to RP my unfamiliarity if we do it right.

First dumb question as a new user: private chattery? So we can hash these things out in a way that makes sense and I can maintain an aspect of reveal for?
Old 03-08-2019, 08:16 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@MurderInParidise
That sounds much more attractive for me. Of course, it can take time for him to connect, but it's ok. I don't yet know what I'll do with the lich angle, but we'll see.

@mightymconeshot
That was fast and furious, you wasted no time with the pleasantries
Old 03-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
greenvoid greenvoid
@Patchens
I sent you a pm, you should see some notification top-right, just under the main menu of the site.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:02 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2092
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Ok my app is done.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11622
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
posting potential interest if I can get an idea together.....