RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-11-2019, 09:22 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21709
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
IUZ always has been my favorite villain.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Withdrawing my app for now. Have fun, guys!

Last edited by Hundur; 03-18-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 10:06 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Basics
right-aligned image
Sar'ella Silverleaf
Race: Wood-Elf
Class: Ranger(5)/Rogue(4)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Outlander

A spunky little elf with a can-do attitude and a knack for finding trouble.

Personality Traits:
-I am more at home in the forest, though I find the city to be an amazing place filled with opportunity.
-I try to keep a positive attitude in every situation, after all life is short.
Ideal:
-I strive to keep a balance between civilization and the wild, both in the world and also within myself.
Bond:
-I owe my life the the rangers who raised me and will always call the Gnarly Forest home.
Flaw:
-I am a free spirit and have little respect for the rules.
-I can get overconfident, the best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't.

Appearance:
Standing less than four feet tall with a youthful gate and expression Sara could almost be mistaken as a child. Her fingernails are short and her hands dirty from constant biting and woodcraft. Naturally she smells of the forest, a mix of floral and pine pitch with a hint of smoke. In contrast she proudly keeps her long blonde hair clean and well groomed. For some unknown reason the little elf speaks with a slight accent, a drawl, similar to what you would find in the south-lands.
Sara wears thick leather armor consisting of dark brown pants, boots and a tunic. She wears a shall also made of a lighter more flexible leather to protect her upper body. As a ranger she carries all the gear she needs for adventure, including maps, cookware and survival tools. Of course she also keeps an array of weapons, Her trusty longbow, a sharp scimitar, and a dagger in her boot just in case.

Personality:
Even as a child Sar'ella was always full of energy, causing mischief for her parents. As an adult not a lot has changed, she is still motivated by curiosity and emotions rule her actions. She has of course matured and while headstrong and brazen she knows how to do her job. The tiny elf is constantly moving, either pacing or tapping her feet impatiently or most commonly chewing on her fingernails. She loves to learn about the world around her, either by her own experience or by asking questions, lots of questions. Although Sara's demeanor can be exasperating she is warm and friendly to anyone she meets. That is until she is crossed or betrayed, then her scrappy attitude comes boiling to the front.

Backstory:If you have never heard of the Grugach elves it's no wonder, they keep themselves hidden deep in the Gnarley Forest. In a place where the canopy and undergrowth is so thick that most men don't bother to explore. As isolationists these wild little elves do not associate with others. They can live out there whole life without ever meeting anyone outside their small family tribe.
Sar'ella is as you may have guessed one such elf. She grew up in the Darkwood her tribe was very small having dwindled to just her mother, father, grandmother and a few aunts and uncles. They were all so proud of their little girl with her silvery blonde hair, their silver-leafed beauty. Her father was a strong man and taught his daughter the ways of the forest well. They would hunt and forage together happily bringing the spoils back to the small cottage the family shared. Father was amazing, Sar'ella was happy and young.
That is until that tragic day so long ago when Sara was just a girl. Father and daughter were returning from a hunt, as the approached they cottage they could tell immediately that something was wrong. The air had a stench of death and the place was eerily silent. Standing before them was an ghastly creature half dead with cold black eyes. It had obviously been there a while as it had killed off the rest of the family. Father shouted for Sara to run as hey drew his blades and faced the thing but the little girl was frozen with fear and sadness. As her father charged she screamed and came to her senses, she took off running as fast as she could. She ran forever fueled by the anger and fear boiling inside her, she ran till she couldn't run any longer and collapsed.
When she came to there was a man standing over her, a human. The ranger had found her laying in the brush half dead herself. Of course she was frightened having never seen a man before but he calmed her with his warm smile and quiet words. He introduced himself as Dorrin Darkwood and explained the situation as best he could with the little of her language he could speak. From that moment on Dorrin of the Gnarly Rangers was her mentor and guide. As she grew he taught her everything he knew, He brought her to council meetings where she was introduced to others. He stood proudly as she was inducted into the rangerhood and he wept sweetly when she explained that she must go out on her own to see the world and try to avenge her families death in some way.

RP Sample:
Dorrin woke to the sound of his young ward crunching on an apple. She sat on a log nearby watching the ranger sleep.
"Do you dream when you sleep?" Sara asked, "I always wondered what dreaming would be like"
"Sometimes" he answered, "Where did you get that apple?"
"I found it" The little elf smirked
"I had an apple just like it I was saving for breakfast" He scowled at her
"You should keep better track of your stuff then Dorrin, Apples are hard to get around here...I was lucky to have found this one" She laughed.
Dorrin smiled "Little one what have I told you about..."
"Shhh" Sara had jumped up quickly her sensitive pointed ears sensing danger.
She motioned for the ranger to follow as she crept over the nearby hill. A few feet away a black bear was scratching at a tree.
The ranger whispered "Stay here, ill go distract it maybe I can..." but the little elf was gone.
Taking up a kneeling position upwind Sara laid three arrows before her... a few seconds later the bear lay silent at the base of the tree.

Last edited by JohnStone; 03-15-2019 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
This looks like a job for me. I actually have a kobold 5e monk/rogue, but he's a kobold from 1e (in apppearance) because i like them better than the reptilian ones! How crazy is that? He's even from Blackmoor and i have a reason why he would be in the Forgotten Realms, but i don't even need that reason now.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:36 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1503
Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus Tarus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
IUZ always has been my favorite villain.
I have followed and loved the Greyhawk setting for a long long time now, and one of my favourite things about it is the long list of colourful and iconic villains that originated in Oerth, many of whom have since been transposed to other settings. Some of those villains may (or may not) appear in this game .

@ChiefDisbelief - man, you bring back memories with mentioning Blackmoor -- good times

@All - there is now a table of applications on the first page. I will also add a Q&A for anything that comes up. I have made an addendum since I posted the ad to specifically state that I will allow Variant Humans and that ability score generation will be point buy. Please do not hesitate to ask if anything is unclear in regards to the game.

Last edited by Tarus; 03-12-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3548
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Hey, just to let you know Tygrum isn't complete yet. Still have a whole backstory to do!
Old 03-12-2019, 03:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
No worries I'll amend the table.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:22 PM
I think I'm mostly sane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow
RP sample added, I believe my app should be complete.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1909
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Only ting I have left is the roleplay sample
Old 03-12-2019, 04:38 PM
I think I'm mostly sane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 211
Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow Tears of Tomorrow
I just wanted to say that Ysolde's character pic is my favorite thing in the history of all things.
Old 03-12-2019, 05:08 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 594
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tears of Tomorrow View Post
I just wanted to say that Ysolde's character pic is my favorite thing in the history of all things.
Isn't it cheating to just use a selfie?
Old 03-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 134
VaultDweller VaultDweller
Posting for interest. I didn't see a deadline posted anywhere, when are you closing applications?
Old 03-12-2019, 06:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I’m undecided on an actual closing date yet but it will be in the next two weeks.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I have to ask...would you allow the revised ranger?

also can I assume customized backgrounds are allowed? (Skill/tool/language proficiency)
Old 03-12-2019, 09:59 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4558
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Finished up my application