Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
So, it's set in Derry?
Old 03-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 389
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Alright, I tried getting a bit creative with this one, so let me know if it's not up to snuff/not to your liking. I tried to avoid being too anarch, but still establish some of that criminal/punk vibe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
Okay, I see where you're coming from. Whenever I think of Maine all I can think of are those creepy fishing towns from all the horror movies I've seen, so it fits!
In steven kings maiiine!

Last edited by Marshmallow; 03-15-2019 at 12:33 AM.
Old 03-14-2019, 11:57 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2013
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
"What is happening to me?" - Chloe V.

right-aligned image
Name: Chloe Voss
Clan: Toreador

Convictions: The revelation of knowledge is paramount, whether beautiful or hideous; Always aid women in need; A life without art is no life at all

Touchstones: Vergil Rubik - bandmate and ex; Mary Ripley - Political activist; Arthur Voss - father and musician

Ambition: Gain enough status to pursue her music without recourse

Personality: In life Chloe was ridden by extreme anxiety and addiction, two things that seem to have carried over into her unlife. She is constantly looking for ways to calm down and separate from her reality or as she calls it "finding other realms". Chloe is very conscious of her Beast and has no desire to revel in her monstrous nature at all. She finds people who do to be repulsive. While very soft-spoken, Chloe carries an etherealness about her that has always attracted people to her despite her being an introvert. It is a quality that has managed to carry over to her haunting performances.

Appearance: Chloe is a beautiful woman who never quite grew out of her goth phase. However, as an adult she transitioned to a more dark, industrial style. Itís usually still all black from head to toe though. Either that or all white. She would describe herself as "minimalist" with a penchant for the details.

Surviving Family and Friends
: Pretty much everyone she knew is still up and around. Currently Chloe is still trying to keep her band together despite her limitations. Mary was an important person to her who helped Chloe when her drug habit got out of control. She would probably still be with Vergil if she had not been embraced, though they've been very mature about still working together. Chloe's father has always maintained a distance presence in her life.

Mortal Days: As a child Chloe grew up pretty fast. Her life was complicated by the woefully common family drama that ail many people growing up. Her parents were constantly fighting, but back then she never knew why. Now she would say it was "something like dark family secrets". For a time, she was sent off to live with her grandmother who she was confident was a witch. The short time they spent together was spent hearing tales of the occult and other worlds. Unfortunately, that time was cut short by father time and Chloe had to find new things to keep her company: namely drugs and alcohol.

She carried those troubles with her into adulthood becoming something of a high-functioning addict. For the most part she was listless, mostly working dead-end jobs. Her music was one of the few things that kept her going; one of the few things she inherited from her father. Her music could be described as gothic and experimental with an array of other influences. In life Chloe was a fledgling musician who hated performing due to intense stage fright. If it weren't for a little coercion from some of her friends, she probably would have only ever made music for herself in private. After quietly releasing an album on Bandcamp titled Revelation she actually saw a little groundswell and gained an underground following. Any chance at wide-spread success though was abruptly cut short when she was embraced by an admirer.

Last edited by Raizen; 03-15-2019 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
AlmostGood AlmostGood AlmostGood
Oh dear @mjb, this got ugly fast. Not only did I Like Michael Keaton as Batman, I named the city after him. But don't worry, I'm not going to make a big deal of it...

@Marshmellow, Nice work, nothing wrong with a little Anarchy, and I like the ambition, I think it fits into the story I have.

Ö.but really @mjb, 'the most disappointing,' those movies offer so muchÖ sorry, I'm letting it go...

@Raizen, thanks for making sure its not a boys club, I really look forward to seeing how Chloe deals with the beast and other kindred.

...Come on @mjb! More disappointing than Kilmer!? Than Clooney!?

So I'm thinking, since you are the five that have expressed interest and put in an app, I'm willing to take all of you. I like them all too much to turn anyone away and if one or two drop out (hopefully not) we still have a solid group. I'm looking into how we get a game thread now, but if you're still interested in coming along for the ride you now have an official invitation.

While we wait, tell who your favourite Batman is. Strongest arguments start with an extra experience point.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:36 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 389
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Adam West as Catman, was pretty solid.
Old 03-15-2019, 01:25 AM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
It might be worth noting that in V5 bagged blood does nothing for kindred unless its unprocessed.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2151
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Best batman in my opinion is Christian Bale, mostly due to the increased SFX and support cast. Awesome with the best joker of all time.
Old 03-15-2019, 02:16 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Raizen, Thanks for the heads up, I'll give that the appropriate tweak.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1758
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Wait. was pretty young when all this happened and haven't seen them for years. Which one had the bat nipples? I thought it was Keaton.

EDIT: I have googled "bat nipples". I apologise for my earlier thoughtless comment. Kilmer wins that distinction. I did however invoke the nerd rage and feel like that is a win on my part regardless.

Last edited by mjb; 03-15-2019 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:38 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
Obvious question I forgot to ask: What generation are we?
Old 03-15-2019, 10:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Raizen, I'm aiming for around 12th generation, but I may tweak the generations to account for you being new kindred with inconsequential sires but not being Thin Bloods.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:48 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5276
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
Iím used to 2e and revised. I have the book for 5e but I havenít really gone through it. It seems like they changed a lot. How intense are the rule changes?
Old 03-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
It is a huge difference. Especially if you skipped over V20. There is a greater emphasis on managing your hunger and overall the "power level" of characters has decreased to fall more in line with the personal horror aspect.

Last edited by Raizen; 03-19-2019 at 12:54 PM.