OOC Eight Balls Bar & Grill - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > One Man's Castle, Another's Home
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:34 PM
Imagine water to be dry..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26984
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Once we get character sheets completed are we sharing them with everyone or privated only to the DM's?

Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:40 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42485
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Mercy gives a calm smile and a gentle shake of her head. "I must decline, for I do not partake of such. But do enjoy yourselves."
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6553
Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrystrom View Post
Once we get character sheets completed are we sharing them with everyone or privated only to the DM's?

I'll never tell!

Quinn [IC] Sweet, more for me, a refill please my good man![IC]
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:44 PM
Imagine water to be dry..

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26984
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
[IC] "Bah who turns down the Lady of Joy's most blessed brew? Then again you are a sweet wee lass and I won't hold it against you." Father Finn finishes with a gentle chuckle and a smile for the elven girl.[/IC]

Old Jan 9th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010

Tools
User Statistics
[IC] Casually flicks the edge of his empty mug with his finger nail. "Eh'em," [/IC]

Last edited by Amos; Jan 9th, 2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 12:43 AM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Oooooh.. I want a Rod of Splendor.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7550
roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41 roaddog41
Bio and rules stuff.

@Amos and the profession skill

Profession is typically a job type... so Profession security would work. This is different than a profession (Guardsman) or profession(bodyguard). The first would be knowledgeable about police practices, laws, and legal systems. The second would be knowledgeable about poisons, methods of assassination, methods of kidnapping, and their counters. Yours would be more focuses on physical defenses... methods of theft or B&E and their counters. This would also include some knowledge of guard animals/monsters and their care.

@Character sheets
That is entirely up to you, I have no preference.

@Rod of splendor
That sounds like the perfect item... RP as opposed to combat focused, and very useful.

@Action points
This was brought up by Amos. Action points were introduced to 3.5 in the Eberron Campaign setting, and perhaps unearthed arcana... they basically give you a way to slightly influence probability in order to be more heroic. So that sliding dive to grab a friend heading over the cliff actually works. I have no problem with action points, but as a player I usually find myself with most of them left over. If you would prefer not to use action points you may take a bonus feat instead.

[IC]Aaaahhhhhh, That there joy juice hits the spot, looks longingly at Father Finn[/IC]

In other news, I have an exam tomorrow... and some other things. Don't expect any further setting work to happen before wednesday, thursday at the latest.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15934
idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy
I was looking at unique items and I wanted a staff, since it feels like something a wizard would have, and when looking over the APG the Staff of Obstacles caught my attention as an interesting, useful staff for a wizard who wants to defend a kingdom, problem is that it's 25,800gp, which is more than I figured was ok for this item. Now I can cut that price down a few ways, taking out a couple of the spells or bumping up the cost in charges for the item, and probably drop it down to around 16,000gp or so, would that be alright?
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 04:50 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
We should use group money for a Field Provisions Box (from the MIC) if that's allowed.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds like a good idea to me, it could in very handy until things are up and running.

Last edited by Amos; Jan 10th, 2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 06:45 PM
The Midnight Fairy

Tools
User Statistics
Is Plunging Shot from Races of the Wild permissible? Gives an extra 1d6 damage when shooting from at least 30' above one's target.

Or Improved Rapid Shot from Complete Warrior? Removes -2 Penalty

Last edited by Humble Athena; Jan 10th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
The Exiled
I see no issues for those feats. Though I do not own MIC, and have no idea about a Field Provision Box, though the name doesn't imply anything I'd reject to.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010

Tools
User Statistics
Nah, its mostly just something to have handy, keeps from having to try and keep track of rations, which we all know is nothing but a pain in the ole' behind!
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
The Exiled
Yeah, I doubt I will say "no" often to most anything you want to use, mostly because if you make yourselves to strong, you just ruin the game for yourselves.
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010

Tools
User Statistics
Well, while you are on then, I would like to ask permission to take this feat.

And question #2. I'm considering taking the crafting skill, I was reminded that if we are in the wilderness, I may have some issues arise as far as replacing my crossbow bolts. Now to my question, I see that crossbows are classified under weaponsmithing, am I to assume that by taking this skill I can craft numerous weapons along with crossbows and their bolts, or do you need to signal which weapon you want to be able to smith?

Last edited by Amos; Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.