Race: Human
Class: Verdant Shifter
Intended Role: Tank
Alignment: Neutrall-Evil.
Crime: Murder

Height: 6’9” | Weight: 200 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Black
Usual Attire: Rags made from the skin of animals or people who wandered into her woods

Physical description: A, tall, erie woman who looks to be more plant than human, her hardened, bark-like flesh and rags of miscellaneous skins make her look like a nightmare made flesh. Her hair is wild and unkempt, intertwining with the wooden growths that grow from her head. Her eyes, perhaps once a deep brown, have darkened to a fathomless black.

Personality: Not familiar with the emotions of regular people, Sap sees little point in the small things of humanity. Pitiless and merciless, Sap will do whatever she thinks is necessary to accomplish her goals. Despite this she is a pragmatist, and doesn’t kill wantonly, only doing however much she feels is needed. Sap’s patience is prestigious, to the point where one might think that she doesn’t care what people say about her at all, however this can change in a single moment. Sap will then snap suddenly, sometimes for the smallest of things, and flies into a flurry of violent emotion, before settling back into her normal state of calm.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Ruhkiam Ruhkiam
I am definitely interested in this.

I have a concept in mind, but it involves my character being born in a prison colony. Would that work here?
Old 12-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2661
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
I like this.

I have a concept around a half-troll from Irrisen. As there is no rules for half-trolls I was thinking if it would be alright to use the lizardfolk rules, but without the swim racial ability. + strenght, constitution, natural armour, bite and claws attacks. That seems very close to a half troll to me.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:21 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19203
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by WideningGyre View Post
I assume this means Dreamscarred Press Psionics Unleashed/Ultimate Psionics and similar shenanigans. Are the Paizo occult classes still fair game? Specifically, I'm considering doing something wondrous and terrible with the mesmerist, if permitted.
Occult classes are most welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhkiam View Post
I am definitely interested in this.

I have a concept in mind, but it involves my character being born in a prison colony. Would that work here?
The prison colony would have to be other than Branderscar. Beyond this I have no objections. This means born in a prison colony, left the colony and eventually came to Talingarde and, ultimately, Branderscar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik View Post
I like this.

I have a concept around a half-troll from Irrisen. As there is no rules for half-trolls I was thinking if it would be alright to use the lizardfolk rules, but without the swim racial ability. + strenght, constitution, natural armour, bite and claws attacks. That seems very close to a half troll to me.
You can use mechanics for Lizardfolk and call yourself half-troll if you like.

Last edited by LeoByron; 12-03-2019 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10962
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Before I read 4x 3rd party classes, would you mind outlining a few things about each one?

1) Which core class does it most resemble.
2) What specific feature of the 3rd party class most differentiates them from the above core class?
3) Why do you prefer it over a core class?

This will give me some idea of what I'm looking at. Thanks.
A valid request, and something I should have done to some extent when list them.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:46 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6026
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Do we have a thread to use for character generation rolls? Or do we leave stat components on character sheets blank until we are in the game?
Old 12-03-2019, 07:58 PM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6026
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Vena Shadesoul
Race: Fetchling
Class: Wraith
Intended Role: Scout, Debuffer, Battlefield Controller, Face
Alignment: Lawful-Evil
Crime: Attempted Murder (and Not for the benefitHeresy)
Traits: Umbral Blood, Reactionary, Extremely Fashionable
Drawbacks: Hedonistic

Last edited by Vaerdis; 12-04-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaerdis View Post
Do we have a thread to use for character generation rolls? Or do we leave stat components on character sheets blank until we are in the game?
No rolls yet please. These will be handled during character creation once the game starts.

@Yuul: I accept the Apprentice, it seems interesting.

I can accept the Theurge with the caveat that the character may be passed over if it comes down to 2 quality apps and the deciding factor becomes mechanics. I am slightly worried about it. Write a mind blowing app and you should be good lol.

I will pass on Eldritch godling. The flavour doesn't fit what I am looking for.

Last edited by LeoByron; 12-03-2019 at 08:14 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
WideningGyre WideningGyre
One more quick question about the feat tax fix. What happens to a class feature that grants Combat Expertise (removed by the fix) as a bonus feat (and allows you to qualify for combat feats as if you had 13 Int even if you don't, but that's not the issue here)?

Does it grant Deft Maneuvers instead? Any combat feat with a 13 Int prereq? Nothing?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:33 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by WideningGyre View Post
One more quick question about the feat tax fix. What happens to a class feature that grants Combat Expertise (removed by the fix) as a bonus feat (and allows you to qualify for combat feats as if you had 13 Int even if you don't, but that's not the issue here)?

Does it grant Deft Maneuvers instead? Any combat feat with a 13 Int prereq? Nothing?
You can take another Feat which is similar, Preferably one for which the Feat removed by Feat Tax Fix was a prerequisite.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:39 PM
The Bumbling Fool

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
I am posting interest. I have been on hiatus and saw this add on Facebook and came back just for the game, so I will have something tomorrow. This sounds awesome and I have a couple of ideas tumbling in my head.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:26 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Ruhkiam Ruhkiam
Character Application
Basic Details
right-aligned image

Name: Leanne of Talingarde
Race: Human
Class: Anti-Paladin; Tyrant Archetype
Intended Role: Tank, secondary damage dealer
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Crime: Murder and Blasphemy

Height: 5'4 | Weight: 128 lbs
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Usual Attire: When not in her armour, she wears plain grey and black robes tied at the waist. When in full gear, she's usually seen wearing heavy armour with a shield on her back, and the tattered banner of Mitra on her sword belt as a reminder of what a lie the cult is.

Personality
  • Loyal and Patriotic
    • Above all else, Leanne is loyal to her nation and her kingdom. She will give her life for it, make the ultimate sacrifice to see that it prospers. And it's because of that very loyalty and patriotism that she sees the worship of Mitra as nothing more than a power hungry, cruelly perverse cult that makes her nation weak. She did what she had to in order to make a statement, in hopes that someone after her would realize the dangers that Mitra brought to her country and revert back to the worship of Asmodeus.
  • Callous and Closed-Off
    • Life has never been easy for Leanne. She believes her life was guided by Asmodeus, that he used her in his plans to bring glory back to Talingarde, to forge her into the weapon of his Will. She's not cold, but she is callous and sets up walls to block off her emotions from everyone and anyone she meets due to her traumatic past. She smiles when she can, and she's kind, but it physically scares her to show her true emotions to others, convinced that they'll use it to harm her in some way. She knows that isn't the case, but she's too afraid to even to even try and locks down the moment she feels herself getting emotional.
  • Kind
    • Leanne has always been a kind person. The sort of person to look beyond herself and instead to the betterment of those around her. If she had her way, suffering the world would end, children would grow with full bellies, and the world would be prosperous. And it breaks her heart that reality is far from that. Instead, she does what she can; she will go out of her way to make someone smile, give a little gold to a person here and there to brighten their mood. A part of her thinks the kindness she has is juvenile and naive, but she's unwilling to give it up, thinking that one small act of kindness from her will be passed on to others.
  • Harsh and Manipulative
    • Her kindness doesn't stop her from being harsh whenever she needs to be, however. She knows there's a moment for kindness, and there are moments where she needs to do what she must. To her, the ends justify the means, and whatever act she commits, whatever atrocities she does, and whatever horror she unleashes in the world it's all for a greater good of Talingarde. For the betterment of her nation. She will manipulate anyone to do her bidding, use them as agents for the cause of making Talingarde greater than all other nations.

Backstory

Special Details

Last edited by Ruhkiam; 12-05-2019 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 09:38 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10962
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
@Yuul: I accept the Apprentice, it seems interesting.

I can accept the Theurge with the caveat that the character may be passed over if it comes down to 2 quality apps and the deciding factor becomes mechanics. I am slightly worried about it. Write a mind blowing app and you should be good lol.
...are you going to give me a word count limit?

Last edited by Yuul; 12-03-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:53 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6584
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posting interest. I need to read over the Spheres a bit more yet. You say psionics are banned. Does this include the Spheres of Power - Symbiat class?

Application WIP

Kallista

Race: Tiefling

Class: Symbiat

Intended Role: (Buffer with some Battlefield Controller)

Alignment: Possibly Neutral- Selfishly Evil.

Crime: Murder, Death, Kill,

Last edited by ricktur63; Yesterday at 10:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:19 AM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2101
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Posting interest as well!