Game Thread Chapter 2: Devonsport - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Swamp Queen's Gambit
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 01:45 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Chapter 2: Devonsport

It takes over a week of travel to make it to your destination - nine more nights of camping out, of poor bathing conditions, of eating poor rations - or perhaps none at all. But finally, the end of your trip is in sight. You can see Garkin's Tower first, the spire sticking above the trees as one of Devonsport's central landmarks. Soon, the trees break and the rest of the town can be seen, a sprawling mass in a shallow valley along the shore. As you have gone south, the road has gotten close to the sea, and now without trees to break it the ocean scent is at first overpowering. The streets and docks bustle with activity, the cacophony of a thriving economy. On the other side of the town, a trail much like the one you are on continues south, while a larger road cuts through the forest to the east.

As the town comes into view, Nogbucker starts making a fuss. "You said you would let Nogbucker go!" The goblin has been well behaved during the trip, aside from complaining about food - the quality when he got any, or the lack when he didn't. "Had a deal! Won't go back on it?"
OOCPlease deduct nine days worth of food. If you don't have the food, let me know if you'll begin foraging (in which case I'll increase the travel time after the point you run out) or just go hungry (in which case I'll roll to determine hunger issues as you arrive in the city). Also, you may make an untrained Knowledge: Local (Devonsport) check to see how much you know about the roads south and east. A Knowledge: Local (Threefrogs) check is also allowed at the appropriate penalty. DC is 10, otherwise you just know they connect to other local villages for several days travel; a 10 gets you some names.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Dec 15th, 2010 at 01:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Dec 15th, 2010, 01:18 PM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
"Home sweet home," Drubner mumbled as he pulled his scarf up over his face as far as he could, until only his golden eyes were visible. Before entering the town proper he stopped and made sure that what he considered the most important of Kinnon's possessions were ready to be given to the monastery. He'd ask them to send Alessandra's belongings back to Threefrogs too. But honestly that wasn't the only reason he stopped. He'd run from his hidden masters in this town not too long ago. He wasn't keen at all on facing them in any way. But at least he had the others with him this time. This time he had numbers on his side.

The pause also gave Drubner the chance to consider the chance to decide what he was going to do with Nogbucker. The anger was still there, of course, and he'd been waiting for the goblin to step out of line just once. But Nogbucker never did and, in fact, he'd been growing on Drubner a little bit. He even thought of keeping the goblin and paying him as a servant. Still there was just no avoiding the most pressing problem the little guy posed. It would cost too much to keep him fed. Drubner had no idea that a goblin's appetite could be so endless.

"Alright,"
Drubner huffed, "Go on and get out of here. ... And don't get yourself killed out there."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Dec 17th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
It had only been a short while since Edi had left his home town, but it still felt like a lifetime with all that had happened in-between. Seeing the buildings on the horizon caused mixed emotions; though he had many happy memories in Devonsport, there were many sorrowful ones as well, and he was not anxious to return. Edi was almost thankful when the group ran out of food, for the time it added to their journey - fortunately he's learned enough about the wilderness to provide for himself and several others.

Still, no amount of time could delay the inevitable, and Edi quickly finds that they have reached the outskirts of Devonsport. "Try not to get in any trouble." he says absentmindedly when Drubner releases Nogbucker, looking at the city rather than the goblin. Edi looks forward to seeing his family one last time before they embark, and he's anxious to get going, and although he tries not to show it he still comes across as impatient. As they enter the city, he says to the group "I assume we all have things we need to do, so where and when should we meet to continue on?"

Last edited by Ieiunitas; Dec 17th, 2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: I accidentally posted before finishing
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 01:32 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Mardigan says, "Well, there are four taverns in town from what I remember. The White Hart and the Bronze Basilisk are both inns, though the Hart tends to cater more towards the wealthy. The Salty Princess is a tavern by the docks, kinda rough. The Oakwood and the Basilisk tend to be somewhere between the Hart and Princess in terms of clientele. Also, the Basilisk is popular among mercenaries and adventurers because the owner keeps a job posting board there."
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Dec 19th, 2010 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Perhaps we should split up, Elana suggests. We could get more done that way. One group could gather information for our journey, and another could earn some gold so we can purchase more provisions.
__________________
The Swamp Queen's Gambit- Elana MittleBridth

Check out my writings here- Fan Page
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Dec 22nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
"That's a plan at least," Drubner grunted as he shouldered the weight of the additional equipment and secured his disguise flask so it could be used at a moment's notice, "Sakura, Elana, and I will go to pay our respects and see what we can find out about the journey ahead. The rest of you take the livestock and get us a room at the Oakwood. We're not going to meet up with Marus at all if we can help it and it should keep us out of any trouble with people that can be bought off easy. Let's go."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Dec 23rd, 2010, 06:50 PM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
"It would be...preferable...to avoid seeing Marus." Edi replies, trying to keep his face impassive. Honestly, it was all he could to not to try and hunt the man down; anyone willing to work for the undead was just as vile as them. Patting Elise on the snout, he says "We'll meet you at the Oakwood then. Could you lead the way, Mardigan? You seem to know your way around fairly well."
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 01:36 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
OOCIndividual threads are up; we'll return to this one if you regroup. Drubner didn't actually say where they were going, so yours is a bit short.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Dec 24th, 2010, 03:04 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
OOCSorry, we're heading to Kinnon's temple with the most important of Kinnon's and Alessandra's belongings with the intent of paying respects and sending Alessandra's back to her family.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB