Game Thread Chapter 1: A Choice To Make - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Swamp Queen's Gambit
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round TwoKinnon - ?? Readied an action to attack approaching enemies.
=>Mardigan - 18
Edi - 17
Alessandra - 15
Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 10 rounds left
Drubner - 10
Sakura - 6
Thomas - 5
Elena - 4
Fight!Sakura drops off her horse and moves towards the goblins. Thomas draws bow and arrow, moving into a support position behind the druid. Elena takes a more defensive position farther back. Kinnon moves southeast, opting not to enter the field of entangling vegetation.
MechanicsSakura takes a move action to dismount and another to move forward. Thomas draws a bow and moves southwest. Elena draws her sword and moves southwest, behind a fallen tree. Kinnon moves southeast a short distance, then readies versus approach.
Map
CommentsGiven that he posted in the OOC, I figured I would give Mardigan a chance to act on his own. However, since he isn't back back yet, it'll only be this update.

Note to self: Put mounts on a different layer so that you don't chop horses in half when players dismount. (If you look carefully, there's a bit of horse stuck to Sakura.)
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 02:38 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
oocDuh. Its cos I am secretly a centaur.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
Seeing the huge growth of vines and other assorted fauna greatly surprised Edi, but knowing that the one controlling them was his ally gave him courage. He continues to advance, moving right up to the edge of the overgrowth to try and catch anything that comes out.

OOCEdi takes two move actions, moving straight down 35 feet right up to the edge of the entangle spell.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 27th, 2022
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Mezio smirked as the goblins walked straight into the wriggling mass of living plants. Perfect. From his voluminous furs, he withdrew a short spear, spinning it in his grasp a few times. He made a leisurely pace over the dead tree, stepping easily through the branches. He moved, practically at a swagger, up to Mardigan, one hand clasped tightly to the spear.

OOCMezio takes out a spear(move) and moves next to Mardigan(move 2)
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 06:25 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Elana looks out over the fallen tree and sees the enemy trappped in the vines. She clutches her longsword tightly and hoists her shield up. It was time to charge.

MechanicsElana uses two move actions to move to the tile immediately to the right of M1.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round TwoKinnon - ?? Readied an action to attack approaching enemies.
Edi - 17
Alessandra - 15
Mardigan - 15
Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 9 rounds left
=>Drubner - 10
Sakura - 6
Thomas - 5
Elena - 4 (Planning to double move south to the right of where Mardigan was.)
Fight!Mardigan moves cautiously forward, standing ready to strike at any closing goblins when he gets to the spell's area. Edi moves forward to stand next to him. Alessandra opts to enter the entangling grass, foolishly becoming entangled herself. The pretty, blond half elf curses as vines wrap around her ankles. The first goblin ignores her, moving to attack Mardigan. The man swings, missing the goblin, but the distraction is enough to keep him from the goblin's own attack. The next goblin in line does go after the barmaid, though - as Alessandra struggles with the vines, the foul creature runs forward and cuts open her stomach! Alessandra screams out, while entrails fall in a wet thud to the ground. She falls to join them moments later. The entangled goblin struggled mightily, finally managing to snap free of the grass around him. The rest of his group move forward, struggling against the vegetation. Mezio draws his spear and moves forward himself. Meanwhile, his entangle spell snares three more goblins.
MechanicsMardigan moves south (and once southeast), then readies vs. approach. Edi double moves to the edge of the vegetative field. Alessandra moves into the field, intending to attack the goblin, and fails her reflex save, becoming entangled and anchored to the ground. The lead goblin moves forward to attack, triggering Mardigan's readied action.Mardigan's attack misses. So does the lead goblin's. The next goblin moves straight north and strikes at Alessandra, hitting. Since she is destined to die here, she does so. The entangled goblin struggles, and at first can't get out of the vines. He tries again, desperate, and breaks free! The rest of the goblins move forward over the difficult terrain. Mezio moves south after drawing his spear. The vegetation entangles three goblins who fail their saves.
Map
CommentsNow I just need to kill Kinnon off. Remember, next update I go to the end of the round.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sep 29th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Sakura moves forward, standing next to one of her new allies. She blinks at the sight ahead of her, surprised at how swiftly the seemingly huge goblin force has been decimated.

Rather than attack directly, she keeps an eye on her new friends, her hand held out in front of her. If any of the Goblins get to close to striking one of her friends she will flick out a vine around their legs and pull them over.
oocMove beside M2 and Ready action to
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (5)+5 Total = 10
Trip using her Vine Trip sorcerer bloodline power.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 01:06 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round ThreeKinnon - 18
=>Edi - 17
Alessandra - 15
Mardigan - 15
Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 9 rounds left
Drubner - 10 Total Defense
Sakura - ?? Readied an action to trip attacking enemies.
Thomas - 5 Total Defense
Elena - 4
Fight!Drubner runs south, but as he gets closer to the battle he is uncertain which way to go. Instead, he prepares himself for the possibility of attack. Sakura moves with him, but seems more certain - hand out, she prepares to trip any attacking goblin in range with her sorcerous powers. Thomas hangs back, afflicted with the same uncertainty Drubner was. Elena charges forward, eager to be part of the battle. Kinnon abandons his defensive position, moving west to strike at his enemy... but can't land a blow.
MechanicsDrubner moves due south, then takes total defense. Sakura moves due south, and readies an action to trip using Tanglevine if a goblin in range attacks. Thomas takes a total defense. Elena double-moves next to Drubner. Kinnon makes a 5-ft. step west, attacks, and misses.
Map
CommentsI moved Sakura 1 square farther than Moridain indicated for her move action, since the Tanglevine power only reaches 15 feet. That would at least let her target 1 goblin - 1 square back and she couldn't target any unless they moved farther forward. Hope that's okay, Moridain. I didn't move Thomas closer since he's already using a ranged weapon. (Mind you, most of the goblins are outside of a shortbow's range increment, so he'll take -2 penalties if he shoots at the back ones. Also, without Precise Shot he'll take a -4 to attack the lead goblin.)
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 1st, 2010 at 01:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 01:44 AM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
Edi curses under his breath as he sees Alessandra slashed open. She died before he could even think about magically healing her. He momentarily feels helpless, the same way he felt when he saw his sister dead; but this feeling is quickly replaced by an all-too-familiar anger. Directing his rage towards the goblins in front of him, Edi swings his morningstar recklessly. Rather than a war bellow, he instead goes eerily silent.

 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 10:19 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
Drubner watched Alessandra die, morbidly transfixed with the sight. It was all he could do to keep himself guarded while she was cut and spilled out. For the second time in his life he watched someone close to him die. But this time there wasn't paranoia tinged with panic, this time there was just cold anger.

He rushed forward, coming to a stop behind Edi, and grabbed one of the small ceramic vials on his belt. A carmine glow briefly flickered over his hand before being drawn into the vial. Drubner paused, just for a second, until the vial began to shake of it's own accord. When it did, he lobbed it over the cleric's head at the goblin band.

OOCDrubner moves 15 ft. and stops behind Edi. He throws a bomb at the nearest entangled goblin that won't cause splash damaged to his allies. If one doesn't meet those conditions, he throws it at the nearest open space to catch them in the splash damage and uses his Splash Weapon Mastery feat to catch one more with the splash damage if it's available.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Oct 1st, 2010, 07:57 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Thomas LaCroixe - AC:15 HP:9 / Saves: +1/+4/+2

Seeing little reason to involve himself in the brutality of the combat Thomas merely moves up, arrow still on his bow should violence from him be a necessary act, and places himself by Drudner. He bard watches the combat with a innocent sense of fascination. The ineptness of the goblins was proving amusing, but it was more so the combat styles of his new allies that interested him. He made a mental note to later keep a written log of them so as to be ascertain their strengths. While he may not prove overly useful in combat himself perhaps with time and studies he could help to better postion his allies in later fights.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round ThreeEdi - 17
Mardigan - 15 Total Defense
Dying Goblin - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Goblin #2 - 15 Corner in blue to distinguish
Sakura - 15
Other Goblins - 15
=>Mezio - 14 Entangle: 9 rounds left
Drubner - 10 Total Defense (Planning to move behind Edi and throw a bomb at an entangled goblin, in a way that doesn't cause splash damage to allies.)
Thomas - 5 Total Defense (Planning to move next to Drubner.)
Elena - 4
Fight!In a fit of cold, silent rage Edi smashes the lead goblin in the face, and the creature drops. Mardigan takes a more defensive position, in case any goblins come close. The goblin second in line struggles to break free, finally managing to do so. The third goblin moves to the fore, standing over the dying body of his tribemate. As he moves to strike at Mardigan, Sakura attempts to trip him, flicking a vine out of her hand. The goblin manages to avoid the attack, but it does throw off the runt's stride, causing it to miss Mardigan completely. The other entangled goblin, seeing the success of the first, follows suit. It struggles, then snaps the grass weaving around it. Another goblin moves forward, attacking Kinnon. The monk fails to block the incoming blade, and the goblin's sword cuts into the man's throat. A crimson, arterial spray rises as Kinnon falls. The next goblin struggles forward, circling to avoid the cleric who killed his friend, but finally breaking free of the debilitating entangle spell. He moves threateningly towards the druid who first cast it. Yet another closes in on Edi. The last moves to stand over Alessandra's corpse, also threatening the cleric.
MechanicsEdi attacks and hits the lead goblin. It is down and bleeding. Mardigan takes a total defense. The second goblin uses two move actions to make Strength checks; the first fails, the second breaks free. The next goblin moves forward and attacks. This invokes Sakura's readied action, but the trip misses, as does the goblin's attack. The next goblin also uses two move actions to break free, succeeding on the second. Next goblin moves forward and attacks Kinnon. He hits, and Kinnon shares Alessandra's fate. A goblin double moves, avoiding Edi and moving to threaten Mezio. The next double moves as well, closing in on Edi. The last goblin moves forward to stand over Alessandra's body.
Map
Comments In the future, every object and creature is going on a separate layer. Makes it easier to step over bodies. Ordinarily, I would have stopped to give Mardigan one update to act (in case Shadow Heart returned) but since I missed Saturday's update I'll skip him this time. The checks for the Entangle spell will happen at the end of Mezio's turn. Corporealself, you may want to clarify where Drubner is throwing your bomb at this time - it is very unlikely that goblins will be moved before your turn (aside from the possibility of bull rush or reposition special attacks by allies) but I won't know until after Mezio acts which goblins will be entangled. LordJecks, I also need some clarity on Thomas's actions - are you moving next to Drubner's current position or next to his position after he moves? I think either might require a double move, though you could get to one of the squares behind his current position with a single move.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 6th, 2010 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 08:13 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
OOCWell there are three ways I can see this happening. The first, provided that the blue dot goblin fails his save, is that Drubner will throw his bomb at him so he can splash damage the front row using his mastery feat. The second is that he'd hit the furthest back one if it entangled again and splash the two in front of it with his mastery feat. The third is that he'd drop the bomb on the square behind the goblin in front of Mezio so he can splash the entire front row and the blue dot goblin using his feat.

Also, while I know I got got a total of 19 on my ranged touch attack roll, which should give me a reasonable chance of success against any goblin of our CR, I didn't know that before I made the plan. So I'll stick to what I said.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 09:09 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Fiery rage burned within Elana as she watched her two companions fall in a spray of blood. The scene pricked dark memories, and her rage grew. She saw the goblin break free of the entangle spell and charge Mezio. She clenched her sword and charged. It was her time to strike.

MechanicsElana moves one square southwest and attacks the goblin.(rolls posted in the bones thread)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Oct 6th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 27th, 2022
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Fury. Cold, implacable fury. There was no philosophy, no law of the Wild, just rage and hate. Had he said that some would die? Yes, yes he had, but he never really believed it. Call it denial or plain naivety, but the danger hadn't really hit him. Not until now, and now it hit hard and cruel. Alessandra, sweet and caring Alessandra, her innards strewn all over the ground. A bar maid who'd never done anything wrong, who could match wit with the best, who had tolerated Mezio's wolfishness with a smile and a good ale. From here, her face held the same "o" of surprise that she had when he made a particularly raunchy comment. That made him angry, made him mad for no reason at all.

The goblin chattered and jeered, Mezio snarled back stabbing full force at the vile creature

OOC Mezio attacks the goblin


"Take this you basterd, take it and die!" He would have said, if he could articulate anything besides snarls of rage.
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.

Last edited by Casino Jack; Oct 6th, 2010 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB