Game Thread Chapter 1: A Choice To Make - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Swamp Queen's Gambit
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Oct 17th, 2010, 12:45 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round FourEdi - 17
Mardigan - 15 Total Defense
Dying Goblin - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Dying Goblin #3 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Sakura - 15
Dying Goblin #2 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Other Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 7 rounds left
Drubner - 10?? Readied an action to attack goblin to his south if it withdraws.
=>Thomas - 5
Elena - 4 (Planning to sheathe her sword and draw her bow.)
Fight!Mezio runs forward, hurling a spear at the fleeing goblins, but the projectile goes wide. Meanwhile, the fleeing goblins all manage to avoid becoming entangled in his spell again.
MechanicsMezio moves south and throws his spear, but misses. All goblins not currently entangled pass their reflex saves to avoid becoming entangled again. Drubner moves east and (presumably, unconfirmed) readies an action to stab the goblin to his south if it tries to withdraw.
Map
Comments Mezio, the goblin is still outside your thrown range, so you would have taken range penalties unless you moved into the entangle spell (on top of Alessandra). However, even without, you missed, so I went ahead and did the move as planned. 11cclark, dropping a sword and pulling a bow would take one move action, but putting the sword up and drawing the bow is two, yes. However, don't forget that since you have a +1 BAB, you can draw a weapon while moving, so you could sheathe the sword, then draw the bow as you moved to another spot. You don't have to, of course, but you have that option. Next update will include both Thomas and Elena, even if Thomas hasn't posted...

Oh, yeah, and just so we are clear when it comes up - refusing to take prisoners who surrender, I consider a little evil. Killing helpless prisoners, more evil. Either would cause problems for a paladin, however.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 17th, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 07:46 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Elana saw the fleeing goblins, but couldn't allow murderers to escape. She sheathed her sword and ran forward, pulling her bow from her back.

MechanicsElana uses an action to sheath her sword, then moves to the edge of the Entangle spell while drawing her bow.
__________________
The Swamp Queen's Gambit- Elana MittleBridth

Check out my writings here- Fan Page
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Oct 19th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round Five=>Edi - 17
Mardigan - 15 Total Defense
Dying Goblin - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Dying Goblin #3 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Sakura - 15
Dying Goblin #2 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Other Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 7 rounds left
Drubner - 10?? Readied an action to attack goblin to his south if it withdraws.
Thomas - 5 Total Defense
Elena - 4
Fight!Thomas continues to take note of his companions' fighting styles, though keeps a wary eye out in case any goblins should decide to turn and attack him. Elena, meanwhile, puts up her sword, then runs forward drawing her bow.
MechanicsThomas takes total defense. Elena takes a move action to sheathe her sword, then another move to draw her bow and move south.
Map
Comments Know what would be really awesome? Inline secret tags. So you could use them in tables.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 20th, 2010 at 12:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Oct 20th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
As the goblins flee, Edi puts up his mace, breathing heavily as a result of the unexpected fight. "Alright...that ought to...be enough." he says, catching his wind. "It doesn't look like the rest of them will bother us anymore. Though what we're going to do with these two, I have no idea." Edi finishes, watching the goblin struggling against his bonds. The adrenaline was making him unusually talkative.

 
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 11:39 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
"We only need one of them..." Drubner hissed, his rage making his spear's point quiver as he kept it trained on the goblin ahead of him, "I'll get rid of the other little bastard."

OOCDrubner will pursue and attack if the goblin ahead of him withdraws. He's angry. I thoroughly encourage someone to talk him down.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 10:22 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Sakura is shocked at how quickly violence began and ended, but its nothing new to her. Battle between the creatures of her Home tended to be even shorter. She was surprised at the sheer skill of those she is travelling with though. One thing confused her though...

"Why did they even attack us? Were they hungry or something?"
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Oct 21st, 2010, 11:18 PM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
OOCcorporeal, saw you were online. Go ahead and make an attack/damage roll, if you see this - that goblin will be trying to withdraw during this update.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 21st, 2010 at 11:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 12:08 AM
Ieiunitas's Avatar
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas is offline
Grammar Nazi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2011
RPXP: 342
Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas Ieiunitas
Posts: 612
Edi attempts one last time to reason with the enraged half-orc. "Killing them isn't going to bring Alessandra and Kinnon back, and I'm not going to fight them if they're not fighting me. Do you think they don't feel the same thing when their own die? The goblins clearly realized they made a mistake; hopefully they won't try to do the same thing again to others. If you're willing to kill a helpless creature, so be it, but I refuse to take part in it."

This is easily the most he's said to Drubner (or possibly anyone recently) in one go, and it's definitely the first time he's voiced such a strong opinion to the group. Edi may hate the undead with a burning passion, but this hatred doesn't extend to the living. Turning away from everyone else, he starts walking back to his mule. After taking a few steps, he pauses, folds his hands around his holy symbol, and mutters a prayer. A burst of pure positive energy flows out from him, and he intentionally doesn't exclude the goblin laying close by from its healing rays.

 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:10 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Round FiveEdi - 17
Mardigan - 15 Total Defense
Goblin - 15 Down, not dead. Not visible under the goblin under the green X. Still not moving.
Goblin #3 - 15
Sakura - 15
Dying Goblin #2 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Drubner - 15
Other Goblins - 15
=>Mezio - 14 Entangle: 7 rounds left
Thomas - 5 Total Defense
Elena - 4
Round SixEdi - 17
Mardigan - 15
Goblin - 15 Down, not dead. Not visible under the goblin under the green X. Still not moving.
Goblin #3 - 15
Sakura - 15
Dying Goblin #2 - 15 Down, not dead. Only listed in case someone uses an area effect heal
Drubner - 15 (Stated intention is currently to pursue fleeing goblins.)
Other Goblins - 15
Mezio - 14 Entangle: 6 rounds left
Thomas - 5
Elena - 4
Fight!Edi indicates the fight is, for him at least, over; he sheathes his mace. At Drubner's signs of homicidal anger, Edi attempts to calm him, stepping back from the goblins and focusing positive energy in a wide field. A soft glow surrounds all the living things in the area. Mardigan doesn't put his sword up, but neither does he attack. "How do we know they won't just attack again once we let our guard down?" Behind the party, the goblin previously cut down by Mezio stand up, shakily. Looking around, he raises his hands, weaponless, in a sign of surrender. Sakura ponders the motivations behind the attack. The other goblins continue to flee.
MechanicsEdi sheathes his mace as a move action, takes a 5' step north, and channels positive energy. Everyone is healed for 6 hp, except the horses to the north and the cluster of goblins to the south. Mardigan takes total defense. Again. The goblin to the northwest stand up from prone. The goblin south of Drubner withdraws, provoking the readied action, but the alchemist misses. Other goblins continue to flee, double moving south.
Map
Comments Well, this has got me just a little off on timing. On the one hand, I could see it as, Edi puts up his morning star on round 5, Drubner says his piece later on, and Edi replies and heals during his turn on round 6. On the other hand, I'm disinclined to only allow speech on someone's turn, so I could also see the whole exchange happening during Edi's turn - which would allow him to put up his morning star, take a 5' step (since he didn't do any other movement with his move action), and channel energy all on round 5. This gives the most economy of action, so I'll take this interpretation of events, but let me know if I'm wrong and I can do some editing tomorrow afternoon. Also of note: Entangle has a dismissible duration, so if Mezio wants to pursue (or allow others to) he can end the spell on his turn.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 01:55 PM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
Drubner cursed as he missed the fleeing goblin with his spear. He also cursed, inwardly at least, Edi and how damnably calm the cleric was. Something deep inside of him wanted to froth, rage, and blow the limbs off of as many of the goblins as he could. But there was something horribly paternal and disappointed that Drubner sensed in Edi's voice that quashed any anger under a pile of disappointment with himself.

"Somebody get some rope and a shovel," Drubner said quietly as he walked over to Alessandra's corpse and gently picked it up, cringing at the burn marks his own bomb had caused on her body.

As he lifted her he glared at the goblin that surrendered and switched to the language of the foul little folk, "I'm going to have some questions for you, and you better answer truthfully or I'll feed you to the next dog I see."

OOCNicely put Ieiunitas. *thumbs up*

I made the goblin language this color. I hope no one minds. Also, Drubner is ending with an intimidate check.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Oct 22nd, 2010, 06:29 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Elana returned her bow to her back. She watched as Drubner threatened the remaining goblins, prepared to intervene if he got any worse. She watched as he lifted Allessandra off the ground and decide to do the same with Kinnon.

As she lifted the dead man off the ground, she eyed Sakura. Of everyone else in the party, Elana was most supspicious of her. The half elf was mysterious, and her magic didn't make Elana anymore comfortable.

Elana sighed and began the long task of burying the dead.
__________________
The Swamp Queen's Gambit- Elana MittleBridth

Check out my writings here- Fan Page
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 12:37 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
The battle ended, silence momentarily reigns over the forest path. It does not last long. The goblin still entangled by vines begins hollering loudly. "No kill Nogbucker! Let Nogbucker go!" he yells in goblin, glaring at you. His teammate begins to quietly inch his way towards the treeline, trying to steal away unnoticed. The other two goblins left lie motionless, one tangled right underneath the loudmouth while the other is in the vegetation farther south.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Oct 24th, 2010 at 12:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Casino Jack's Avatar
Casino Jack Casino Jack is offline
Climb the Tower Senpai!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 27th, 2022
RPXP: 9687
Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack Casino Jack
Posts: 3,574
Mezio stared coldly ahead, his face contorted in a beastly mask of hate. His lip had been drawn up in a snarl. He snapped his fingers, and the writhing vegetation on the ground suddenly started to decay, the life granting power flowing from the now still vines. The ground turned a dead, dark brown.

Mezio joined the others, who had gathered around the captive goblin.

"I say we string them up by their entrails and have the wolves at them." He growled, his eyes glancing over to Allessandra sprawled lifelessly in Drubner's arms.
__________________
The life of PnP games are fickle, violent, and most often short-lived.

Last edited by Casino Jack; Oct 24th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Oct 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM
11cclark's Avatar
11cclark 11cclark is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 2nd, 2011
RPXP: 53
11cclark
Posts: 90
Elana shook her head at Mezio's words.

No, she said, They've surrendered. We've no need to kill them. They may have been hired to do this. We need to extract information from them.
__________________
The Swamp Queen's Gambit- Elana MittleBridth

Check out my writings here- Fan Page
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Oct 27th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
At the paladin's words, the yelling goblin shuts up, glaring maliciously at the group. Meanwhile, his accomplice bursts into a run, moving off the trail and into the forest. Mardigan curses, and moves to follow, but then shrugs. "Rest of 'em got away, why not one more?"
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:22 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB