Game Thread The Waiting Room - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 05:08 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]

With a look of awe in her eyes, Humility addresses the man. "Master Summoner! Son of Earth, Wind, Fire and Water!"

She pauses for a moment. "What assistance would you ask of our small group? With Elder Essences at your command, I'm not sure what help a herbwoman such as myself could be."

She glances around the canyon. "Did you create this area? If so, truely who in this world could stand against you?"

 

Last edited by aerondor; Jan 26th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:32 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
left-aligned image
"If the outsiders brought you here, to this place, I doubt you are a simple herbwoman." he dismisses your claim, "and now is not the time for talk."

"Hispitarch sedrilesc pa diss" Burn the Insect(For those who speak ignan)
"Eirien Frerre qua dria" Tear the Insect(For those who speak auran)
"Ma Du Re Do Om" Crush the Insect(For those who speak terran)
"Nerril Si Laquilo" Drown the Insect(For those who speak aquan)

The creatures surge into motion

Last edited by TheMystic; Jan 26th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 12:16 AM
New Age Warlock's Avatar
New Age Warlock New Age Warlock is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 793
New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock
Posts: 733
"Milady, it would appear that the one called Frask seems to have angered this one..." Elizabeth looks over at Laura, a nervous tone in her voice. Nodding softly, Laura looks over the scene, eyeing the dromite. There was a strange calm about the redhead that even she noticed, maybe it was the wine....

"Elizabeth my dear, I remember you telling me about your family, skilled mages in every generation. Perhaps in our little jaunt through time something in your blood may have come up to help us out?" With the fluid motion of muscles remembering far more than her brain, Laura quickly drew the pepperbox pistol from her belt in one hand, the other now wrapped around the hilt of her drawn rapier. Elizabeth nodded meekly, drawing her own pepperbox and wiggling her fingers. With a deep breath, the young maid began chanting words from memories she didn't even realize she had before slamming her hand against the gun and pulling the trigger, a bright green beam instead of a bullet flying out of the barrel right at the nearest water elemental.

Laura meanwhile turned her attention to the caster, raising her own gun. "I am not the type to spill blood, not in any memory I have at least. However, this body of mine has seen it's share of battles while I have been gone from it. Call off your giants, I beseach you, before we both end up doing something we will regret come sunrise."


OOC:
Elizabeth: Casting disintegrate using her Arcane Gun ability. (DC 22, Fort save to only take 5d6 damage)
Ranged Touch Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+22 (5)+22 Total = 27

Damage:
Dice Roll:
36d6 2, 4, 5, 2, 3, 6, 4, 3, 6, 1, 6, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 2, 6, 6, 6, 2, 2, 3, 3, 5, 5, 2, 2, 3, 4, 1, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6 Total = 130


Laura: Attempting to negotiate with the summoner.
Diplomacy:
Dice Roll:
1d20+19 (3)+19 Total = 22
__________________
Happened to break my ankle/leg, so posting rates may get a touch erratic over the next couple weeks.

Last edited by New Age Warlock; Jan 28th, 2014 at 01:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 01:05 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]

Humility is walking towards the Summoner with open arms apparently unaware of what is happening.

A look of horror crosses Humility's face as the Summoner causes the elementals to attack. "Are you sure you want to do this?" she calls out, glancing left and right to try and see where she could go to avoid being crushed by the huge primal creatures.

The elementals continue their advance, and a hard glint enters her eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?" she calls out again, but this time there is anger in her voice, not fear.

The anger moves from her voice to her face and she shakes her hand at the man. "Nobody will taken them away from me. Not again!"

Nobody is more surprised than Humility when a line of darkness jumps out from her hand towards the summoner.

"What?"

 

Last edited by aerondor; Jan 28th, 2014 at 01:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 01:28 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Jack snapped out of his thoughts when he realized what Frask was doing. If he had any other choice, he would have smacked the insect then and there. He almost wanted to face palm when he realized that it was almost doomed to fail. He didn't know how, but he knew what Frask was doing and it was obvious the Summoner knew too. Looking around, he quickly realized the situation was only getting worse and worse.

Quickly reacting, Jack held out both of his hands. "Stop! We don't have to do this. Stop everything right now!" As he shouted, his eyes began glowing bright white. A bright circle of time expanded from his hands, erecting a huge translucent wall that cut off the entire back left side. It shimmered brightly and even though it was only 30 ft. tall, the wall stretched on for a full 100 ft. The Water Elemental, Fire Elemental, and Air Elemental were all cut off from their back now.

"Master Summoner! This is your only chance. Stop now and I can promise that you'll be safe. That would be the best solution. Why should we fight for these "Gods" anyway? It'll only be playing into their hands!"

OOCAlmost forgot.

Diplomacy check

Dice Roll:
d20+24 (5)+24 Total = 29


Surprise RoundSo just to clarify:

Jack can always act in a Surprise Round. With his Move action, he erects a 100 ft. by 30 ft. Barrier to block of the 3 Elementals on the lower right side.

And to roll Initiative:

Dice Roll:
d20+18 (3)+18 Total = 21

Dice Roll:
d20+18 (6)+18 Total = 24

Dice Roll:
d20+18 (8)+18 Total = 26


(He gets to roll 3 times and choose the highest result).
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~

Last edited by JKTrickster; Jan 28th, 2014 at 01:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jan 28th, 2014, 02:54 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
The light show around frask quickly changes to something regular mindswitch, 29 dc by spending ten extra power points for five more dc (able to do so due to first level of body thief) and expending psionic focus to extend mind switch for no increase in cost (extended transfer from body thief), contingent decerebrate still activefar cruder but faster moving and Calah drops a bag at her feet, pulling water out of it with only the magic of her voice she moves the blocks of water into an one on the left, one on the right, one behind, and one right above him this also leaves her with 75 more rounds of performance a day as five where spent on vindictive soliloquyamphitheater around Frask, protecting her master instinctively. Aja swiftly returns to the front of his master, whips in both hands prepared to strike at whatever elemental is foolish enough to face his fury.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jan 28th, 2014 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 12:14 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Thin lines erupt and seek the summoner. First comes black, then comes red as the summoner let's out a scream, doubling over as the magic tears at his soul and flesh all at once.

The tides of the water elemental crash upon the translucent wall like a magnificent wave even as the elemental of air flows over and around the tear in time.

Even as they move the waterskins at the undine's sides explode outward in jets, swirling through the air in perfect synchronicity with the song that guides them, creating a protective dome over the thrall and her herder.

Stepping aside from the deluge the ifrit throws his hand towards the ground as if cracking a whip, causing a trail of fire to burst from his hand.

At Dwarven word, in dwarven tongue a wall of iron bursts free from the ground, though it takes mere seconds for the wall to begin shaking and glowing red as elementals of earth and fire begin to pound upon it.

Orpheus moves to place himself between the beast of fire and his newfound companions. While the summoner goes limp.

A blast of air slams into the dome of water as elemental of air disappears into a column spinning with the flowing water beneath it.

Finally a flash of light emerges from within the dome, and one silhouette can be seen to fall.

OOCOrder of Events

Surprise Round
Summoner casts
Jack summons wall

Round 1
Frask begins Mind Switch
Humility moves and uses Evil Eye; Summoner fails save, Eidolon fails save
Humility uses Enervation; Summoner fails save
Elizabeth moves and uses Disintegrate; Summoner fails save
Undine begins Watersong
Ifrit moves and creates soul-whip
Dwarf uses Wall of Iron
Orpheus moves

All elementals save top left fire and both air elementals are unable to respond.
Fire elemental charges and fails to damage fire immune orpheus
Air elementals whirlwind around the water barrier.
Summoner casts a spell Magic Jar(Look at this if you roll Spellcraft 20 or higher)
Eidolon steps forward, standing over it's master's body.

Beginning of Round 2
Frask completes Mind Switch; No soul in target body, so no will save.
Frask casts Decerebate on his empty previous body; no save.

Your new bodyOutsider (Native)
Str 16, Dex 12, Con 12
Energy Resistance: Fire, Acid, Frost, Electricity 5
Low Light Vision


Current HP
2% of Max

Important things to note:
You take 1 negative level while you're in there
You are no longer wearing your Headband of Vast Intelligence +6 etc


Last edited by TheMystic; Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 01:25 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
speaking as a free action"Friends strike no more, this body is mine."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 02:56 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]
"Huh, what?" stutters Humility, somewhat confused. "The summoner used a spell to leave his body...."

She looks about, and sees that the Eidolon is still a threat, and bursts out in a fit of maniacal laughter. She glares at the summoners thrall. "Gods curse you, creature" she snarls.

 

Last edited by aerondor; Jan 31st, 2014 at 02:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 01:32 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
Frask
Dice K(planes):
1d20+13 (12)+13 Total = 25
Dice spellcraft:
1d20+27 (2)+27 Total = 29
takes a moment to focus then begins to speak to the creatures.
"Frasha aststa."Bank your flames.For Ignan speakers
"Arae rua."Rest your wind.Those who speak Auron
"Vo lo od."Settle your stone.Terran speakers
"Evetana Sequni."]Calm your waters.Aquan speakers

When Frask if finished he sidles away from the creature behind him and creates an envelope of blue power around himself, then flies back to the center of his group of allies.

Calah prepares to strike with lightning if any of the creatures attempt to strike Frask and Aja is prepared to strike any foolish enough to hinder his master.

combat actions Frask talks then five-steps away from the big metal giant, after that he casts sustained flight upon himself and then flies to the group, Calah and Aja are both reserving action and will let go of said reservation the moment something/someone attempts to hit Frask.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Jan 31st, 2014 at 01:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Jan 31st, 2014, 02:17 PM
New Age Warlock's Avatar
New Age Warlock New Age Warlock is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2017
RPXP: 793
New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock New Age Warlock
Posts: 733
Elizabeth turned and Spellcraft check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+27 (15)+27 Total = 42
looked at the summoner before turning back to her lady. "Miss Laura, she is correct...he has somehow left his body...some twisted spell it seems..."

Looking on at the curious sight, Laura cocked back the hammer of her pepperbox, causing the runes along it's barrels to glow with a soft white light. "If that is the case, we are not out of the woods yet. That large metal...thing...still wants to kill us, along with everything else around here. What are the odds that he went into that thing now standing there?"

The maid thought this over for a moment. "Hmm...it is possible, a soul has to go somewhere if the body is alive after all...and that is what happens in stories..." With a deep breath, she took aim at the eidolon, starting another chant. The initial shock of combat had started to wear off, and the evidence of her own spellcasting was obviously a confidence-booster. Laura took aim as well, her hand shaking as she attempted to look down the sights of the pistol, quickly closing her eyes to regain focus.

For a brief moment, everything stood still. The smell of sea-salt mixed with burnt gunpowder tickled her nose, and the sounds of clanging swords and cannonfire filled her ears. For that one second in time, she was not here at all, but on a ship, bobbing in the sea, surrounded by fighting men. Opening her eyes, the vision faded, and like a faithful servant the hand steadied, lining up the barrel right at where the giant's heart would be. The pair squeezed their triggers in unison, Elizabeth's gun shooting another bright green beam of light while Laura lets loose a full barrage of heavy bullets, flying through the air like arrows, each one making a tremendous BOOM when they hit.

LauraHP: 134/134, Grit Points 3, Grog Points 1

Elizabeth Arcana Pool 12/12


OOC:
Laura: Taking a full-attack action to fire 4 shots at the metal giant with adamantine bullets. Because of the range, they are not ranged touch attacks. As this is a full attack, she is using her Clustered Shots and Hammer the Gap feats.

Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+31 (11)+31 Total = 42
1d20+22 (10)+22 Total = 32
1d20+17 (10)+17 Total = 27
1d20+12 (8)+12 Total = 20


Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d8+7 (8)+7 Total = 15
1d8+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
1d8+7 (2)+7 Total = 9
1d8+7 (4)+7 Total = 11

Elizabeth: Once again casting disentigrate using her Arcane Gun ability on the metal giant. (Fort save 27, only 5d6 damage on successful save)

Ranged Touch Attack:
Dice Roll:
1d20+22 (14)+22 Total = 36

Damage:
Dice Roll:
36d6 4, 2, 6, 3, 4, 3, 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6, 6, 1, 3, 5, 2, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 6, 2, 2 Total = 116

__________________
Happened to break my ankle/leg, so posting rates may get a touch erratic over the next couple weeks.

Last edited by New Age Warlock; Jan 31st, 2014 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Feb 1st, 2014, 10:41 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Jack took a deep breath as he thrust out his hands. His golden trinket spun in mid air between his hands, the hourglass releasing a bright blue aura. His eyes glowed as the white clock underneath him intensified and spun faster and faster. Suddenly he clenched his fists and time itself warped around him. Everyone felt a slightly sickening sensation as time suddenly tilted towards them. The Elementals crashing against the walls seemed to slow down while everyone else around him only found more time on their hands. Then, before anyone could even see what had happened, Jack completely disappeared and blinked next to the hulking Metal giant. To everyone else, it had simply looked like he had teleported the entire distance.

Without saying a single word, Jack spun around while bringing his knee into his chest. With a single short shout, Jack brought his foot into the back of the creature again and again and again. The Metal giant buckled under the sheer pressure and force of the blows, even as Jack looked like it was nothing but a walk in the park for him. Each kick was impossibly fast, leaving the Metal giant with no time to react at all.

Who would've guessed the scrawny little kid had it in him?

JackHP: 213/213, AC: 37 Touch: 34 Flat: 33, Fort/Ref/Will: +31/+36/+45, Moments: 56/62


OOCActions:

(Jack gets 1 Standard, 2 Move, and 2 Swift actions every round)

Standard Action: He converts it to a Move Action and uses the Tilt Power (1 Moment cost with Bonded Object). Every Ally benefits from a Haste effect while Every Enemy must make a DC 34 Will Save or be Slowed (as the spell)

1st Move Action: Jack uses the Lock Power (1 Moment cost with Power Focus and Bonded Object) to Lock him in this Position and Status. As a Move Action he can return to this Position and Status within the next 14 rounds.

1st Swift Action: Jack uses the Pause Power (1 Moment cost) to get a Free Move Action. He uses this Move Action to move 90 ft. to the Metal Giant and getting up close to him. Looking on the map, this seems entirely possible. This movement provokes no Attacks of Opportunity and/or responses because Jack stops Time when he moves.

2nd Move Action: Jack uses the Freeze Power (2 Moment cost with Bonded Object) to get a Full Round Action. He then uses this to Full Attack the Metal Giant.

The Metal Giant is Flat Footed for all of these attacks so he can't use any Immediate Actions to interrupt it, he loses Dex bonus to AC, and Jack can use Medusa's Wrath on his target.

He gains a benefit from the following feats/abilities:
Desperate Battler (+1 to Attack and Damage when more than 10 ft away from any Ally)
Hammer the Gap (+Damage on Consecutive Hits for hitting more)
Medusa's Wrath (2 extra Attacks at Full BaB)
Flurry of Blows (as a Monk of his Level, so lots and lots of attacks)

 


Also he gets to Roll a d20. If this number is less than the amount of Moments he has spent (6), he gets to regain half of that amount back at the start of the next round (3).

Dice Roll:
d20 8


__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 06:37 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Crack BANG! plink, Fwoosh! Gong...Gong..Gong.Gong.Gong.Gong.Gong.Gong.Gong.Go ng

Side by side Laura and Elizabeth brandish their guns. Laura fires, and the bullets strike the creatures metal hide. A thin red line strikes the metal giant, leaving it glowing red.

Then Jack disappears, then reappears, then disappears. Blurring in and out of sight so fast it looks like he has the giant surrounded. Each strike hitting with the sound of a gong.

Dents cover the surface of the eidolon as the red cools to black again. For a moment it appears to have weathered the assault.

Then it begins to rock.

OOCFrask needs to make a reflex save with his new body to avoid the falling huge creature.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:26 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
Frask flies as fast as he can
Dice reflex:
1d20+6 (7)+6 Total = 13
attempting to avoid the giant creature. Aja surges forth and throws a
Dice bolt of fire (touch attack):
1d20+21 (7)+21 Total = 28
1d20+18 (14)+18 Total = 32
1d20+13 (8)+13 Total = 21
Dice damage:
10d6 6, 6, 3, 1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 1, 5 Total = 37
10d6 3, 5, 1, 3, 6, 5, 1, 5, 1, 1 Total = 31
10d6 4, 4, 4, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 3, 4 Total = 26
bolt of flames in an attempt to send the being in the opposite direction as Calah does the same, water using my daily hydraulic push with a bullrush cmb of 26 and attempting to do so while it is staggering and before it begins to actually fall, aimed at its head for maximum use of leverage.erupting from her in a torrent and smashing into the head of the giant creature.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Feb 5th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 07:56 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
You manage to evade the falling titan, but as you do so a small black crystal rolls out of your robe... it does not escape the titan's fall.

The moment the crystal shatters, the elementals stop in their tracks.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:11 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB