Game Thread The Waiting Room - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:23 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCClarification, Frask is currently occupying the summoner's body. Any close examination of magical items on said body could lead to unfortunate implications, seeing as some of them are underneath clothing.

Perhaps asking him to remove them for examination or sharing with the group would be a more appropriate beginning.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:29 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
oocI thought he put a bag of wands and staves out for examination


Humility picks up the first wand from the bag and runs her fingers down it's length. Her eyes gaze at the wood, and the enscriptions. Sin just jumps into the bag and starts to play with the collection of magical sticks as if it were a somewhat less potent pile...

And so starts to pass several minutes. Humility selecting an item and gazing at it, Sin rolling them around and acting like a kitten.

After finishing with the bag of wands and staves she turns her attention to Frask. With a bit of a grin she says "Now Frask, I'm sure you won't be embarrased as really bodies probably mean less to you than the rest of us, but... if you want me to work out what some of the toys that summoner was wearing do.. Well Sin and me need to give them a bit of a sniff"

Last edited by aerondor; Feb 13th, 2014 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 01:49 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCYou are correct, sorry. I missed that.

Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:34 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]

Picking through the wands while she waits for Frask, she picks up a deceptively small one first. Waving it towards Mr Two-finger she says "I think this is the one he used on you. It lets you dominate people. Not nice really." A second wand is waved, this one decorated with motifs that can only be of the lower planes . "This one lets him call forth some monsters, but nothing as powerful as those elementals."

She looks at the array of powerful creatures, still standing around. "I know they are alien, but this world can't be very comfortable for them. Do any of you have the means to return them to their rightful planes?"

Turning her attention to the staves, she takes some extra time. The first one, carved with a variety of runes she runs her hands up and down a few times. Squinting closely Humility reads the runes which seem to fade towards the bottom. "This one can make things smaller. That could be helpful if we want to fly anywhere."

The next staff seems to have lots of spikes on it. After spending a few moments, she puts is aside with a look of disgust. "That one is no use to us. Is is made from bits of his former companion creatures, and can be used to enhance his current one. As none of us have the summoners art it is of little use. We may be able to sell it, but.... "

She then turns her attention to the last staff. The one is dark, almost jet. Her eyes seem to sink into it as she turns it slowly in her hands. After a few minutes she places one end of the ground and slowly spins it. Then she balances it on one end and steps back - watching it as it stands on its end. Finally she reclaims it. "This last one is a real treasure. With it we can travel the multiverse. I'm not sure I know enough to take us back to our home though...."

Looking around the group she asks "Can anyone else use these?"

Last edited by aerondor; Feb 13th, 2014 at 02:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Feb 13th, 2014, 02:44 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
"As far as my value of a body I find I value mine very greatly, though my previous one seems to be somewhat less than functional at the moment... If you mean am I modest then I must answer in the negative of that one, I am a dromite and we are a communal people by nature and alas our anatomy is less telling than a humans. I suppose now that I am in a body that shows gender I could be more shy but I find no real need to be. So the long and short of it is feel free to check out anything on this body you find interesting. As for the elementals I shall simply ask them."

"Hisharash asana ignama?" How do I send you home?Ignan
"Eretia renmalia auroso?"How do I send you home?Auran
"Qo lo do ter?"How do I send you home?Terran
"Esuilia sodrilo aquilan?"How do I send you home?Aquan
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 01:03 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]

Feeling a little odd, Humility steps up towards the summoners body, and with her enchanted sight, starts to look for the telltale sign of magical auras...

"Excuse me... I may have to remove your outer layers..." she says. Then, noting that the condition of the summoners body is still rather poor she offers. "Do you need any healing. I think Sin's presence is rather good for rapid recovery from even the worst wounds..."
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 01:50 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
"I suppose I could use some. Haven't really got the feeling for this new body yet and have always been decent at ignoring pain." Frask leans down and scratches Sin behind the ears. "Sin's hair feels different upon these fingers, it is rather soothing."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Feb 14th, 2014, 02:44 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
As Frask strokes Sin, the cat purrs and rubs himself against the strange creature. And as they interact, the summoners body starts to know only feel better, but look quite a bit better too....

Major Healing Hex
Dice Roll:
4d8+20 (5, 2, 6, 7)+20 Total = 40
healing (as per cure critical wounds)


"Good cat Sin. <meow>. Sin thinks we should head for the sea by the way. He wants fish."

That said, the cat looks longingly at the fallen bird. Maybe it is the people gathered around, or maybe just the toucans odd colouration, but look is it he does... for now.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Feb 15th, 2014, 04:57 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Jack walked back to the others and nodded. "Humility....and Sin are right," he said as he paused to look down at the purring cat. Part of him wondered if the cat was really sentient and the source of Humility's magical ability. Honestly, he wasn't sure if he would ever find out the answer to that question, or if he really wanted to. "We can definitely find signs of other people along the river. If Frask is true that the people of this plane have been oppressed for so long, it is likely that they have been oppressed by the same "Gods" that threw us in here in the first place. They might know something to help get us out of here."

Looking back out, Jack scanned the horizons to try to see if he could still see signs of people out in the distance. "At the very least we might be able to sleep under a roof tonight so that would be good anyway. What do you girls think?" he said as he turned to Laura and Elizabeth.
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 06:48 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
"You know," Jack said as he suddenly started walking toward the edge of the cliff. Even though he was trying to control it, his left hand was shaking ever so slightly with excitement. "I just suddenly had a really fun idea. Humility you can fly right? Laura, Elizabeth, Frask - see if you guys have anything similar. I have a feeling that we all can do something better than just walking," he said as he laughed and peered over the edge. Rubbing his hands together, he turned back to the others. "C'mon guys! Come over here!" he beckoned with a laugh.

Jack stood at the edge of the cliff, his breath quickening as he thought about what he was going to do next. Heart pumping, he looked over and saw how far away the trees looked down below. With his new eyesight, he could count every branch and twig that was directly underneath. He could smell the fresh river from here and even the telltale sounds of water splashing. At this point, the wind was blowing all around him, like it was trying to pick him up and throw him off. Part of him wondered how many bones would he break if he actually fell all the way down. But he shook himself free of those depressing thoughts. Smiling, he looked back at the group, even though they could only look on with horrified faces.

"Let's race!" he yelled as he jumped. Shouting with joy, Jack disappeared downward into the clouds.

The moment he jumped his heart leaped into his throat. He could feel the wind was so much stronger, whipping and pushing him all around. Looking down, he could see the trees coming up faster and faster and faster. All the sound was snatched away from him; Jack couldn't even hear himself shouting as he fell.

Then with a whispered word, Jack's cape fluttered out into two bright azure wings. Extending immediately, they caught the gust and shot him straight upward. With just a few flaps of his new wings, Jack flew past the edge of the hill and above the heads of his new friends. Soaring high into the sky, Jack just kept on laughing with joy. His beautiful wings stretched almost a meter in each direction, with bright azure feathers that caught the sunlight and shimmered and glowed. They flapped naturally like they were another extension of his body.

Turning over in the air, Jack couldn't even stop laughing. The feeling was just too exhilarating to ignore. It was like exploring a whole new dimension that he had never noticed before. "C'mon Humility! Come up and join me! We have to race!"
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~

Last edited by JKTrickster; Feb 20th, 2014 at 08:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 04:25 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
"I very much enjoy the idea of a race, though my companions would seem to have somewhat greater issue with their lack of flying capacity. Alas I shall go with them at a more sedate pace." Frask allows himself to fly into the air and just over the heads of his followers, his flight completely unaided by any visible source.
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 02:55 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]
After finishing looking through the summoners equipment, she gives a brief blush of apology to him. "Sorry, this whole body changing thing takes a bit of getting used to".

When Jack leaps from the edge of the cliff, her heart does a similar leap into her mouth "No wait...." she cries out. With a surprisingly agile bound she leaps into the air herself, and over the edge in some frantic dash to try and catch him. However as Jack's wing spread out and he rapidly climbs she stops, gives him a worried look and then bursts out laughing. "You are a suprise Jack! And those wings are beautiful."

It is at roughly this time that it finally dawns on her that she too is fully flying, not just gently rising a few feet above the ground, but fully flying.

"Wow...How did you know?" But with Jack off, the words are wasted. Ensuring that Sin is carefully protected in his carry pouch, she shrugs and then dashes off through the air in a desperate attempt to race the fleet winged Jack.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 05:52 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
"I just had a feeling," Jack said as he twirled around in the air. Obviously he wasn't the only one to discover new powers and talents. No matter what shape it took, it just felt natural for all of them to be skilled in something. Looking back, he realized that the others weren't as eager to catch up. Even though it would turn out to only be a race between him and Humility, Jack didn't mind. Part of him was feeling restless and he just needed the adrenaline to clear out of his system. Another part of him felt a little thrill at the idea of challenging Humility so directly. "Let's who can go faster," he said as he grinned.

Yelling at the top of his lungs with laughter, Jack sped up and raced down into the river valley.
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 04:22 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]
Pushing herself to the limit, Humility Fly speed: 60, but as it is magical, I don't think I can 'run' or 'hustle' to improve itraces after Jack. As the young trickster starts to pull away, she reaches inside her self to try and go still Casts haste, brings speed up to 90faster before double speed downwards- 180 move!diving downwards towards the river below and Jack at breakneck speed.
"Wow, that was Fun" she says, as she gets closer towards him. The plaintive "meow" from her pouch is pulled away by the wind, but some inner sense alerts Humility to Sin's discomfort, and she quickly slows down again before starting the slow climb back up towards the mountain top and the others.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 04:49 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
Frask looks around quickly before yelling out to the others. "You know I think we should probably do something about the elementals, they likely do not wish to be here."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB