Game Thread The Waiting Room - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Feb 22nd, 2014, 05:23 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCOh, right. Sorry, I forgot to address that issue.


Each elemental replies with some effect of "Time does not matter. We will fade back into home now the summoner is gone."
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 12:16 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerondor View Post
[Humility]
Pushing herself to the limit, Humility Fly speed: 60, but as it is magical, I don't think I can 'run' or 'hustle' to improve itraces after Jack. As the young trickster starts to pull away, she reaches inside her self to try and go still Casts haste, brings speed up to 90faster before double speed downwards- 180 move!diving downwards towards the river below and Jack at breakneck speed.
"Wow, that was Fun" she says, as she gets closer towards him. The plaintive "meow" from her pouch is pulled away by the wind, but some inner sense alerts Humility to Sin's discomfort, and she quickly slows down again before starting the slow climb back up towards the mountain top and the others.
OOCOh I can definitely do better than that


Jack looked back and saw Humility racing towards him. Smiling, he turned around in mid air and Jack uses Tilt to Haste himself and Slow Humility, countering her Haste.started making motions in the air. Even as Humility was trying to speed up, Jack was already slowing the time around her. On the other hand, he just got faster and faster. Smiling, he made a cute bow in mid air before heading straight downward.

Sadly he didn't managed to turn around in time to see the huge tree branch sticking out among the treetops. Smacking into it with a loud thud, Jack tumbled sideways and landed among the soft canopy. Laughing, he brushed the twigs and leaves out of his hair and wings. "That was fun," he chuckled as he prepared to fly back up and catch up with the others.
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 06:02 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCTo dispel Humility's Haste you need to succeed at a caster level check (1d20+20) vs Humility's DC of 31

Dice Jack's Dispel attempt:
1d20+20sch31 (4)+20 Total = 24


Humility remains hasted.

Humility Speed: (60+30)x2 = 180 ft / rd - 60 ft for standard action casting
Jack Speed: (60+30)x2 = 180 ft / rd - 60 ft for move action casting

Jack had a minor head start. He wins the race... then crashes.

Last edited by TheMystic; Feb 23rd, 2014 at 06:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 09:51 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
OOCThis isn't a dispel attempt. Casting Slow on someone with Haste automatically counters and dispels it, does it not?

Also Jack gets an extra Move Action all the time, so he would still win no matter what

I like the crashing part though. Completes the image
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 07:32 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Frask floats slowly down the hill, his land-bound servants in tow. The young noble and servant pair, guns at their hips stroll down the mountain with a strangely mixed air of grace and a swagger they seem not to have noticed. The other man, Orpheus, and the dwarf wandered down the hill too, both seemed rather apart from the group, and neither seemed to be paying the other much mind either.

As the group comes together again at the base they set off in the direction Jack indicated, setting off at the slowest pace, that of the dwarf. It was not long until the halfling begged everybody's pardon and set off on his own, having little interest in travelling to occupied lands.

It's a long trek, longer than many of you are used to, though each of you is strangely comfortable with the exertion. What you find at the end of your travel is a small, apparently deserted village.
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Feb 26th, 2014, 11:57 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
"Well this place is quite... ominous. Any among us happen to be versed in the arts of tracking?"
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:05 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCI would suggest starting with a perception check.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:25 AM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
[Humility]
Swooping down the valley Humility starts to take some genuine enjoyment in her mobility. Even Sin seems to start to get used to it, although maybe that is more from Humility tearing after passing birds from time to time.

When they approach the village, Humility flies ahead of the land-bound and does a quick circuit of the village, Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+20 (8)+20 Total = 28
looking out for any sign of habitation or why the village is now abandoned.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Feb 27th, 2014, 12:37 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
OOCThe village is in fact not abandoned, merely the streets. It appears that everybody in the town has very rapidly withdrawn into the buildings and are being as quiet as they can.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 03:29 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Jack casually floats down to the ground, his wings reforming back into his bright blue cape behind his back. Stretching, he was still in a good mood as he looked around the empty town. Scratching his head, he wondered why everyone seemed to be hiding. He
Dice Roll:
d20+51 (3)+51 Total = 54
looked around for a while before calling out to the residents. "Is anyone there? We're new here and we just need some food. And hopefully a place to stay," he added as he shouted down the empty street.
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 05:01 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
left-aligned image
From around a corner a woman shows herself, tall, and broad of shoulder, she steps out with her sword held in front of her, visibly tremoring despite her look of determination, causing her armour to rattle.

"And how will you prove it?" she calls in a clear strong voice that betrays nothing of her wavering body.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 06:11 AM
JKTrickster JKTrickster is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2022
RPXP: 1748
JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster JKTrickster
Posts: 5,082
Jack instinctively stood back, a little surprised to see the response was so violent. Looking around, Jack realized that she had every reason to distrust them. In fact, she was probably defending this village from people with ill intent. Although, I still can't believe how quick everyone is to violence, he thought to himself. Was this island so dangerous? Taking in a deep breath, Jack held up his hands. "I'm not armed and I'm not caring anything dangerous," he said softly and calmly. Taking a few steps forward, he tried his best to emphasize how mundane he looked. "Here look I don't have anything on my body except my bag," he said as he gestured to the sack strapped around his back.

"My name is Jack," he said with a bright smile, even though the situation probably warranted a more serious expression. "At the very least, I should get to know your name right? Did something....happen here? Why is everyone hiding from us?" Now just a little closer, Jack took the time to
Dice Sense Motive:
d20+48 (17)+48 Total = 65
study the woman and get a feel for who she was. He was interested in this female knight and he just wanted to know more. Hopefully without fighting this time.

Turning back to Frask, he gave him a dirty look. "Don't do that crazy thing okay? We can definitely talk this one out. No fighting."
__________________
Doesn't usually post on weekends~

Last edited by JKTrickster; Feb 28th, 2014 at 11:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 12:50 PM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
Frask looks somewhat offended, though the effect of facial emotions is obviously still odd to him. "I only attack when I am facing someone that is obviously a megalomaniacal monster, or if they are attacking me I suppose. Miss I am Frask,
Dice Diplo:
1d20+29 (10)+29 Total = 39
we mean you and this village no harm, you have done nothing to us and your fear is a rational product of what this land is created to be but may I ask how you all got here when it would appear this land is made for the combat of frighteningly powerful forces?"
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Feb 28th, 2014, 07:36 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
left-aligned image
The woman lowers her sword with a sigh, visibly relieved. "There is little I could do if you were lying anyway. What was it you asked? 'How did we come to be here?'" She looks off into the distance at the hill, "You must be new here. We've been eeking out a life on this hellhole for over ten generations, folks say someone stole out village in the night and took it here and with what I've seen I wouldn't doubt it was possible."

OOCYou get a good sense of the woman, who seems earnest, the sort of person who is unlikely to lie to you unless it was to protect others, and then not very well. She is also terrified to the point where she may have involuntarily wet herself in her armour, at least until she was assured by Frask. Even so, she seems wary.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 12:44 AM
MundayKnight's Avatar
MundayKnight MundayKnight is offline
Now a Wizard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 12897
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
Posts: 8,085
"Any chance we could go to the nearest inn and
Dice diplomacy:
1d20+29 (6)+29 Total = 35
discuss this all over a few drinks, I am a bit parched."
__________________
Currently reading: The Monsters Know What They're Doing.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB