Game Thread Chapter 2C Up a level, Down a level - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Everflame Heroes
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Adam Adam is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Adam
Posts: 126
I expect we can proceed, Xanna says quietly. And at some point, you may want to consider the idea of letting me do the talking.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 02:59 AM
Theroniac's Avatar
Theroniac Theroniac is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Theroniac
Posts: 218
Usko absently wipes the drool from his lips and his eyes shift from one kobold to another as they leave, always coming back to the one with the whip. He gives Xanna a guilty, hangdog look as she addresses the party, but his eyes do not stop shifting the whole time she is speaking. Usko still has the look of a coiled spring, though who or what the target might be is unclear. He has been muttering to himself nonstop, and every once in a while a phrase becomes audible ... mustn't kill the kobolds ... SHHH the voices ... Kitkat Fzipit ... use magic weapons ... kill the king ... Shoes? Oh, my! ... little brother ... but the king IS a kobold ... not EVERY kobold ... let Xanna do the talking ...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:06 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Insert Durgor's apology here. And look - it worked, didn' it? And no matter what you might be good for, I'm thinking there's no chance your beautiful self could have delivered a roar with quite that much effect. Besides, yelling at kobolds is *fun*.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Durgor leads off, following the directions from the map (which should be useful now, yes?)
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 01:11 PM
Theroniac's Avatar
Theroniac Theroniac is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Theroniac
Posts: 218
Usko's mumbling gets softer as he follows Durgor, until his lips move in an endless, soundless pantomime of speech. His eyes won't stop shifting, and his head abruptly turns this way and that, like a deer trying to catch sight of something it just heard. His shoulders tense as he walks by the big kobold, and Usko almost starts to swing his glaive, but he checks his motion and continues to follow Durgor.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Adam Adam is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Adam
Posts: 126
Xanna smiles sweetly at Durgor. I can roar when necessary.

Tiny flames dance behind her pupils.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
With Durgor in the lead and looking mean, the party proceeds to the north.

The corridor winds and twists, and it opens up into a room where ore is being processed. A half dozen kobolds can be seen working here at the far side of the room, but they pay the party no heed, as though deliberately avoiding looking at the party. Other workstations appear to be unmanned.

Durgor studies the map. We go north.

The party walks another forty feet and reaches a room with 30-foot-high walls and a floor slick with transluscent yellow slime. A kobold in black leather armor is 15 feet up the wall, mounted on what looks like a large fanged toad on steroids, whose malodorous presence makes itself known to all. The kobold holds a short rope tied to a second fanged toad in one hand, and a crossbow in the other, but does not aim it at the party.

Xanna looks at him, and starts to speak

Spis Kza...


The kobold cuts her off:

Fizzt Kpalk!

A couple of other kobolds can be seen peeking at the party from an open corridor to the west, but do nothing.

The party exits the room, to the north, goes up some crudely carves steps, then turns left at an intersection, ignoring the room in front of them, though Durgor spots a few kobolds up ahead, younger ones this time, who peek around the corner at the party.

Then the party turns right, putting it on the edge of a large room--evidently the same room the party recently saw.

Inside the room are a couple of dozen kobolds--many audible but out of visible range from light spells. Most appear not fully grown, and unarmed. The kobolds are staying on the far side of the room, the nearest one some 30 feet from the party, and taking no hostile action.

Also in the room, mere feet from the party, are several kobolds lying dead in pools of blood! One has multiple puncture wounds, another with its skull crushed, and a third, in studded leather armor with a slashing wound on its side and its throat cut. Blood appears to still be slowly trickling out of a couple of the wounds.

Near one of the bodies lies a human shoe, sized for a child.

Durgor gestures to the north pointing toward a 5-foot-wide tunnel which appears to bend. According to the map, this tunnel, which if it's anything like the others we can walk down in under half a minute, leads to the royal area.

-----------------------

k = kobold
d = dead kobold
s = shoe

#..###.#######
##..##...####.
###.##.....##k
###...#.........
###..d.........
###..sd.......kk.
###D..d......k..
#XSU......#k.k..k..
#.#............#k
#.#..............k.
#.###.......#..kkk#
#.#####..##.##

Last edited by Kevin; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 06:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Alright, ladies and gents. If you have any spells you'd like to use to get ready for the ball, now is probably the time.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Theroniac's Avatar
Theroniac Theroniac is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Theroniac
Posts: 218
Keeping an eye on the still bleeding kobold, Usko inspects the child's shoe and stows it with his gear. As he holds the shoe, his mumbling fades in and out of audible range, but there are no longer any discernible words. It sounds more like the growling of a wild animal. He spares a glance at the kobold with the puncture wounds to see if he can figure out what kind of weapon was used to kill it.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:20 PM
Adam Adam is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Adam
Posts: 126
Xanna casts [I]Mage Armor[/] on herself and Usko, if he can actually use it.

((Mostly at Wondercon today, so posting in a hurry on my phone.))
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
If any of the Kobolds are still alive and would benefit from a heal check, Stephan will take a moment to help them.

He will then ask any competent or adult kobolds within reach:
"does anybody speak common? what happened here? Did the King take the pinkie children? How many children did he take?"


After he get the answers, As the party is halfway towards the thrown room, he will cast Bless on the party.

"Usko - you want to take point in the fighting?"

If Usko agrees, stephan will cast protection from evil and bulls strength on Usko just before the party enters the throne room

Last edited by smirnov; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 09:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Theroniac's Avatar
Theroniac Theroniac is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Theroniac
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirnov View Post
"Usko - you want to take point in the fighting?"

If Usko agrees, stephan will cast protection from evil and bulls strength on Usko just before the party enters the throne room
Usko recognizes his name, and pauses in his mumbling for a moment. His eyes stop their incessant shifting and lock onto Stephan's, I dunno, should I? Usko can't make a decision, but clearly he wants something from Stephan.

Last edited by Theroniac; Apr 2nd, 2011 at 11:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Apr 2nd, 2011, 11:37 PM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
<Spirits, I hope this is a good idea>

"Yes, Usko - just make sure you wait for me or Durgar or Xanna to tell you to attack"
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:00 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Ummm... Usko seems a little... off at the moment. You sure you don't want me to take point?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 07:26 AM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
Stephan does not spot any wounded kobolds.

Quote:
Does anybody speak common? what happened here? Did the King take the pinkie children? How many children did he take?
One kobold, partially concealed behind a stalagmite, replies,

Whee here sum won yall hee comma keel king. Thay teek wan leet ile pinkie and thay tall os toe fit far king. Sum see know, thay kilt. The kobold points at the dead bodies.

Just then the party hears a voice echoing down from the passageway to the north. It sounds like a human girl!

What are you...? Stop! OW! Oh gods, no! NO!!!! EEE*


The final scream is drowned out by the wild cheering of kobolds, echoing down the same passage.


--------------

Looks like the party hasn't yet decided exactly what spells are cast, on whom, nor the marching order, so I'm holding off on posting anything else.

Mage Armor does not stack with regular armor. So vs. normal attacks it won't help anyone other than Xanna. However, Mage Armor does work vs. incorporeal touch attacks, so if there is a ghost or a shadow or something like that in the throne room it'll help. Confirm whom you cast it on.

Last edited by Kevin; Apr 3rd, 2011 at 11:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:54 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB