Game Thread Chapter 2C Up a level, Down a level - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Everflame Heroes
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 01:22 AM
Theroniac's Avatar
Theroniac Theroniac is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Theroniac
Posts: 218
Stephan, Forget the bats. Heal Durgor NOW! Then me!

Usko attacks the red kobold (note ranged attacks provoke AoO)

glaive +8/d10+6

##########
####kkCk######
###.KKKkWg....
##.kkkkKK...#
##.........##
###.,U,...##
#####D#####
###bbb#
###.####
###.#
###X#
##.S#
##.#
##.#
...#

Last edited by Theroniac; Apr 5th, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Holy crap - KOBOLD SWARM! There's like 20 of em!

Durgor takes a double move (full retreat if necessary) to stumble back to the space to the left of Stephan.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Actually, on second thought, Durgor will delay until after Xanna, pull out and throw another javelin at the king, and then take a 5' step to the SW (back into cover). If the 5' step means that he risks being hit by a caltrop, he takes that risk. His utterance changes to:

KOBOLD SWARM! There's like 20! And I need healing badly!

If possible, Durgor would like to go after Xanna, but before Stephan. If that's not possible, the "after Xanna" part takes priority.

Javelin: +6/1d6+5 (javelins are DEX to hit and STR damage, right?)

Last edited by Lanorolen; Apr 5th, 2011 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 11:41 AM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
Stephan will use Agile Feet (free action) to avoid the caltrops and move up as much as he safely can. He will then channel healing at the party

Last edited by smirnov; Apr 5th, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
Anton, you need to place your character, not rely on me to make the judgment of "up as much as he safely can." Stephan, using Agile feet, can move up to 30 feet. Thus, he could, in theory, move up to the square immediately behind Usko. Of course, that would put him in line-of-sight of lots of kobolds, not to mention in the exact middle of a bat swarm. I'm not going to decide whether or not that meets your definition of "safely."

If the goal is simply to have everyone in the party within channeling range, he can move 15 feet (= 3 squares) north. That maximizes "safely," but contradicts the "as far as he possibly can" part of the above posting--not to mention there are no caltrops to avoid in that section of corridor.

Last edited by Kevin; Apr 5th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
Ok, then, Stephan will delay until after everybody else goes, then he will move 15' north (no Agile feet, since there are no caltrops), and then he will channel

Sorry about the vague turn - I wasn't certain where the caltrops where, or what Stephans speed through them was (with and without agile feet)
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
Usko moves forward and slashes his glaive down at the kobold. It's not the most accurate shot, but it connects! The kobold screams and goes down.

Durgor steps back and hurls another javelin at the kobold king, who ducks out of the way.

Stephan steps forward and channels positive energy. Usko's wounds heal entirely, while Durgor is somewhat refreshed.

The swarm also appears to be almost completely recovered from Xanna's blast.

I can't tell if there are more bats now than a moment ago, of if the bats are just faster now. Or are they bigger? Fascinating! What a pity the others are fighting for their lives; I'd love to sit down make some notes!

The kobold king barks an order,

Kzel Human Fleschzu!

...and points a finger at Usko. Two balls of red light streak across the room and punch into Usko's shoulder.

Grr...


The four kobolds with slings who are not within Usko's reach fire at him.

Ptok! Ptang! SPLAK! Ptang!

Arrgh!


Th five other koblds throw javelins.

Ptang! Ptang! Ptunk! Ptunk! SCHLAK!


Ow!!!


The white kobold points a finger at Usko. Three balls of white light streak into Usko, impacting on his stomach.!

Gah!


Usko teeters, as the bat swarm moves on top of Durgor and Usko.

Arrgh! [1]

<THUD.>


The two kobolds who were near Usko find it safe to wield their slings...and find a non-moving, unconscious, Usko a much easier target to hit.

SPLAK! SPLAK!

Usko is still breathing at the moment, but he's looking pretty close to death--between the bats and other wounds he's bleeding fast!

-----------------

OK, Durgor, Xanna, and Stephan each get to do their actions.


* - unconscious kobold.
b = bat swarm. Bats are also in Usko's and Durgor's square.
, = caltrops
. = floor
K = kobold in studded leather armor, javelin, sword, and shield
k = unarmored kobold, dagger and sling
W = all white kobold holidng a blood-red flaming dagger. He appears to be concentrating. At the moment he has cover--the "K" kobolds in front of him appear to be deliberately shielding him.
C = Kobold with Crown. He holds a mace with a head shaped like a small, jagged human skull on one hand.
g = the body of a human girl. It looks like her chest was carved open and her heart removed! Blood is tricking out of the body.



##########
####kkCk######
###.KKKkWg....
##.kkk*KK...#
##.........##
###.,u,...##
#####b#####
###.Db#
###S####
###.#
###X#
##..#
##.##
##.#
...#


[1] Durgor takes 6 damage from the swarm. This puts him at 3 hit points after healing 7 from the channeled energy. Durgor is bleeding 1/round again.

Last edited by Kevin; Apr 6th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 01:23 AM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
If blinding can disrupt the spell caster's concentration (that's a rules question) , he will step forward to between Usko and Durgar and activate his buckler of blinding, aiming so as to catch the shaman and the king as well.

otherwise, he will yell "xanna - burning hands on the shaman and king!". He wil then delay until after everybody else and then channel more healing

Last edited by smirnov; Apr 6th, 2011 at 01:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
It doesn't disrupt concentration per se, but a blind caster wouldn't be able to target anyone whom they weren't touching with spells, so, for example, their magic missile spells (which they have been throwing a lot of) would be useless. Does that answer your question?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Adam Adam is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Adam
Posts: 126
I don't wish to be rude, Stephan, but there is the small matter of the bats.

Xanna moves (on the ground) to the indicated space, then steps onto the wall so she's just above Durgor. She then casts Burning Hands at the bat swarm.

(Tomorrow will be very, very booked for me, so I may not get to post. When we get around to the next turn, Xanna will cast Shield, then will try to move to one of what are currently the bat-squares. (If there are still bats in those squares then, she'll just deal with it.))

##########
####kkCk######
###.KKKkWg....
##.kkk*KK...#
##.........##
###.,u,...##
#####b#####
###XDb#
###S####
###.#
###.#
##..#
##.##
##.#
...#
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Quietly, so only Stephan and Xanna can hear him.

Withdraw and regroup. Xanna, swarm. Stephan, HEAL! Me, Usko.

Assuming that he can grab on the run, Durgor will take a step NE, grab Usko by the most convenient appendage (probably a leg or arm), and then drag him back behind cover.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 01:23 PM
smirnov smirnov is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 18th, 2011
RPXP: 0
smirnov
Posts: 299
"Ok,"

He will channel healing at the party

Stephan lets the others squeeze past him, and will then bring up the rear.
if he has time, he will put a flash of oil down as well

Last edited by smirnov; Apr 6th, 2011 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
OOC: I had doubts about Lorry's scroll selection when I made it. Works out a lot better now that he's no longer with us.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Kevin Kevin is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Kevin
Posts: 579
Durgor grabs Usko, and manages to drag him partly back; he luckly manages to avoid stepping on a caltrop.

Stephan channels positive energy...Usko wakes up!

Wha..?
Usko looks around, and notices the kobolds...OH *@#$! Usko, still staggered, crawls to out of line of sight of the room.

Xanna blasts the swarm with her Acidic Hands spell, but the angle is not good...or are the bats learning to evade? Some bats disappear, but a lot less than the previous blast.

Arrgh! [1]

Arrgh! [2]

Arrgh! [3]

<THUD.> [4]

----------

OK the party's turn to go again.

The swarm is still there, but the kobolds do not appear to be moving forward...for now. (Perhaps these two phenomena are related?)


What the party sees at the moment. Usko is unconscious in Stephan's square; Durgor is in Xanna's square. Nobody is on caltrops.


#####,#####
###Xb,#
###S####
###b#
###.#
##..#
##.##
##.#
...#


[1] Stephan takes 1 point of damage form the swarm, and he starts to bleed 1 point/round.

[2] Xanna takes 3 points of damage from the swarm, and she starts to bleed 1 point/round.

[3] Durgor takes 5 points of damage from the swarm--between that and healing 7 he's at 5 hit points, and he's bleeeding 1/round.

[4] Usko goes unconscious again, and is bleeding 1/round (on top of the regular 1/round from being unconscious.) He looks a good deal better than he did before the most recent channeling of positive energy, but there's really no good way to be unconscious and inside a swarm.

Last edited by Kevin; Apr 6th, 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Lanorolen Lanorolen is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 10th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Lanorolen
Posts: 478
Durgor digs his blanket out of his pack (a move action?), tosses it over the caltrops, and attempts to use it to drag them out of the way so that they will no longer impede movement. His preferred priority for clearing squares is noted below - he'll clear as much as he can this round.

#####2#####
###316#
###4####
###5#
###.#
##..#
##.##
##.#
...#


Xanna, let me know if ya need me ta help with tha swarm. I can't do much, but I can at least get a torch out...

Last edited by Lanorolen; Apr 6th, 2011 at 10:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB