Game Thread Chapter 1-01: And For A Second There We Were - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Astonian Way > Racing Shadows in the Moonlight
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
Alisard's Avatar
Alisard Alisard is offline
Knight Errata
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2014
RPXP: 301
Alisard Alisard Alisard Alisard
Posts: 3,060
Ro Chiva took aim at the lead goblin, who he determined to be the greatest threat. The cat let his arrow fly, hoping to take the ugly brute right in the eye...

 



Hit Points: 25/21
AC: 17

Fort +4
Ref +6
Will +4

Last edited by Alisard; Jan 3rd, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 05:57 PM
Naresh's Avatar
Naresh Naresh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2016
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
Posts: 18,545
OOC
Sorry, I just saw your sheet and saw mage armour was active.
The other attack roll hit 15. If that's enough to hit, 1 more damage (damned str penalties :/)

I'm going to have to start working on maps again, Moridain, the javelin goblins are about 20ft away (as they 5ft stepped) if you moved into the middle of them, you'd cover both with your AoO, and the leader as well.

Feel free to edit your post.
__________________
The Phoenix also rises
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
oocNaa, he was 10ft in front of the first row last round, and wants to full attack so just 5ft again. So that puts him a full 25ft from the second group this round.

If he moves he doesn't get to attack twice. Next round he will probably do that though.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 3rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Marulo pays little mind to the comment from the baron, choosing to instead focus on the creatures in front of him. Whether they were scavengers, trackers, or whatever, they were soon to be destroyed, the lot of them.

move: move to closest goblin
std: attack
BANG BANG!
Marulo swings again with his axe
Dice axe:
1d20+8 (9)+8 Total = 17

Dice damage:
1d8+3 (2)+3 Total = 5


Marulo
HP 37/42
AC (22/11/21)
Saves (+7/+2/+2)
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Naresh's Avatar
Naresh Naresh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2016
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
Posts: 18,545
RoChiva's arrow flies straight and true, penetrating the lead goblins thigh while he was watching the other side of the battlefield, with a cry of pain he steps backwards weakly shouting something in a strange tongue. Marulo is surprised at this sudden outburst and miss times his swing, narrowly misses the goblin in front of him by an inch.

The Angel swings at the goblins, but they were prepared this time, and deftly dodge both extending claws, sneering at the creature. This act in itself was enough to dodge Slagorin's attack too, it seems the goblins are having a lucky day, and the push on the counter attack.

The two rangers focus their fire on the cat, obviously trying to take revenge for the wounded leader, one misses due to a lucky dodge, but the second one connects, ripping through tissue and flesh with ferocious speed.

In their cocky smugness over missing them, the two goblins raise their shields and step forward to attack the Angel, though both miss. While the leader sneers and charges at Marulo! His blade keenly swings managing to undercut the Dwarves arm as he reels back in surprise.


OOCCrit on RoChiva for 8 damage
Crit on Marulo for 9 damage
Slagorin and Angel are now flanking on one of the goblins
Marulo now has 2 attacking him.
2 rangers are still back from the crowd
__________________
The Phoenix also rises

Last edited by Naresh; Jan 5th, 2013 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jan 5th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Alisard's Avatar
Alisard Alisard is offline
Knight Errata
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2014
RPXP: 301
Alisard Alisard Alisard Alisard
Posts: 3,060
Realizing that he was fading quickly, Ro Chiva dropped his bow and touched the holy symbol of Gozreh that he wore around his neck. He chanted a swift prayer, and an invisible curtain of air surrounded him.

 


Hit Points: 25/13
AC: 17

Fort +4
Ref +6
Will +4
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 6th, 2013, 02:54 AM
Still_Pond's Avatar
Still_Pond Still_Pond is offline
Insert User Title Here.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 30114
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Posts: 15,179
Slagorin and the unnatural creature move around the goblins, taking up flanking positions. The dwarf has to look at this thing directly now, and remain within range of those fearsome claws in order to strike the goblin. He doesn't like this. He doesn't want to be near it, or even look at it. He hears wind and glances over in time to see that the strange cat person is in the center of a vortex of wind. The wind would protect him from arrows, but at what cost? Such mystical forces always had a cost. Hearing a grunt, his eyes shift quickly to the dwarven prince. Two goblins are advancing on him, but he seems to be holding his own against them. That was to be expected, for high nobility were always warriors first, rulers second. Still, Slagorin felt that he should be fighting at Marulo's side, rather than with this abomination. To do that, they needed to kill these two goblins quickly.

The two worked together to break the goblin's guard. The goblin would knock a blow away in front of it only to leave the creature open in the rear. He was a quick little beast however. Slagorin counted the rhythm of the attacks and on the third beat he jumped it slightly, trying to lunge in and stab a bit quicker than the goblin expected.

 
__________________
((()))


Last edited by Still_Pond; Jan 6th, 2013 at 02:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 8th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Baron Haversham reloads his crossbow, calling out to his angel "Keep the pressure on, Galarel. Do not let them approach further!"

The angel sighs, noting the predicament that Marulo is in, and about to head over to assist him "Yes, Master. Though perhaps it would be better if-"

"Do not neisey me, do as I say. Block them from approaching me!"

"... Yes, Master." he says, resigned. He swings at the two closest Goblins, making sure to stand between them and his master.

His master meanwhile finishes reloading and takes a shot at one of the distant Goblins.

 

 
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 9th, 2013, 12:47 AM
Felyx Zephyr's Avatar
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr is offline
fond of meat nuggets
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 3812
Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr Felyx Zephyr
Posts: 4,768
Marulo Roars in frustration, his mind slowly unhinging as his uselessness against common underlings reminds him of his inability to protect anything dear to him. Flashes of the battle where his entire home was ripped away from him come to the forefront of his mind. Clouding his reason and judgement. He swings his hammer:

Dice Attack:
1d20+8 (10)+8 Total = 18
Dice damage:
1d8+3 (4)+3 Total = 7



Marulo
HP 28/42
AC (22/11/21)
Saves (+7/+2/+2)
__________________
My potions are too strong for you, traveller
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Naresh's Avatar
Naresh Naresh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2016
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
Posts: 18,545
Marulo brings his hammer to bear upon the chief goblin's head, while not enough to kill him, he has now taken serious damage and looks woozy. As the Baron's bolt soars overhead, the angel manages to score a nasty hit on a goblin, raking him with the claws before taking a significant bite out of his arm, the goblin looks at it for a second before fainting. blood starts gushing from the wound and eventually there is a large pool around him, making the area slick and slippery.

This blood knocks Slagorin off balance as he goes for an attack on the final goblin, narrowly missing as he steps on a lump of flesh or something else not worth thinking about.

The final fighter swings at Marulo, taking advantage of his swing at the chief to clip him in the small of his back, the hit practicially bounces off the armour rather than cause significant damage. While the chief flurries his two scimitars in a threatening blur, luckily both hits simply ping off the dwarven heavy armour with ease.

The two javelins are again hurled at RoChiva, one wobbles in flight and is easily turned away by the wind wall, but the other one manages to make it through, though the slowing effect of the wind wall probably slowed down the projectile enough to save your life.

OOCThere are now two goblins on Marulo, and the two rangers left

The final fighter manages to hit marulo for 2 damage
javelin at RoChiva for 3
__________________
The Phoenix also rises
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Still_Pond's Avatar
Still_Pond Still_Pond is offline
Insert User Title Here.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 30114
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Posts: 15,179
Fighting on soil wet with your enemies' blood was a good sign, however slipping in it was a bad one. The two signs woven together, as well as the other contradictory omens he's seen, could foretell a great many things. He read them as a simple truth, unless they changed their tactics, the battle would tip in their enemies' favor.

He abandons caution. His breathing shortens and his eyes widen and bulge slightly as he allows the beast within to take over. The scared tattoo on his head moves suddenly, as if it is alive. The knots of the dragon unfurl and snake over his scalp and down the back of his neck, becoming black stripes. Black curling lines trace under his eyes and round his lip. With his thick black beard and darkened eyes and mouth, his face has a bear-like quality. His breathing becomes growls and with each short exhalation the growls grow louder until he roars. "RArrrrg!" His tan skin darkens as it flushes with blood, and the hair on his forearms becomes thicker and more wiry. The fibers of his mussels tighten, becoming like bundled cables snaking just under his skin. The ends of his fingers harden and his fingernails grow into hard thick obsidian claws.

He makes one more hard swipe at the goblin with his large blade before stepping away to sheath the giant weapon. He stands tall and rotates his shoulders once to stretch them a little. He flexes his arms and back, holding his claws tense. If the claws of his ally could not kill this goblin then maybe Slagorin's would! A yell escapes his throat with a little pink spittle. "Rardrak-ak Maarrr"


Slagorin - Dwarf Barbarian: Raging AC15 T9 DR 1/- | HP 40/40 (6temp) | Fort+6 Ref+2 Will+5
Free Action: Enter Rage
Standard Action: Attack goblin
5' step back. (to avoid AoO from sheathing my weapon)
Move action: sheathe greatsword.

Using power attack and furious focus. +2 flanking bonus included too.
Dice Atk and Dmg:
1d20+11 (12)+11 Total = 23
2d6+10 (3, 1)+10 Total = 14

__________________
((()))


Last edited by Still_Pond; Jan 17th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 17th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Alisard's Avatar
Alisard Alisard is offline
Knight Errata
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2014
RPXP: 301
Alisard Alisard Alisard Alisard
Posts: 3,060
"You jerks, why are you throwing your stupid spears at me!"Ro Chiva cried in pain as another javelin struck him. He pulled the weapon free, grimacing in pain. Reaching into his belt, he pulled out a white wand. He waved it around while chanting mystic words, and the tip of the wand began to glow with a soft, blue light.

"Ahhh,"the cat sighed, feeling some of his wounds close up.

 
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 24th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
"Now you may advance, Butler. Occupy those spear throwers. Try not to let them get away..?" comments Haversham conversationally, as if bored. His slightly shaking hands throw off this impression, showing his real nerves.

The Angel sighs in relief and moves further in to stand with the rangers as close to him as he can, both within reach of his long arms. He swings at the furthest of the two, trying to break its leg to slow it down.

Haversham himself reloads his crossbow and fires on the other goblin. He watches the others, curious how they are faring.

"This unprovoked attack will not go unpunished, Goblin scum! Believe we will seek revenge on you and yours for this! Do you not know who I am!"
oocAngel moves and makes a single attack.
Dice attack:
1d20+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
1d4+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Dice haveershamattack:
1d20+4 (13)+4 Total = 17
1d8 7
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Naresh's Avatar
Naresh Naresh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2016
RPXP: 6365
Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh Naresh
Posts: 18,545
Slagorin manages to drop the final fighter-y type goblin, and in a panic the javelin throwers run, tripping over the undergrowth and it's not long until they are lost in the trees. The leader notices this and also attempts an escape, dashing off in a 45 degree angle to the other goblins. You smile as you realise the fight is over, as if a team bonding exercise had just been passed with flying colours, only with more stabbing and less bridge building.

A second or two later you hear a muffled cry from one of the nearby trees, it seems the goblins captured someone else before they foolishly attempted to ambush you.

OOC
Sorry for the short post. Doggius can now introduce himself if the others investigate
__________________
The Phoenix also rises
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Feb 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
"By Heironeous, how in the abyss did I get here?" Wilhem wonders, his head throbs from a focal point at the back of his head. Slowly the fog begins to clear and he starts to gain fragments of memory. He remembers the peaceful walk, communing with nature as he let his feet and Heironeous guide his path. Then the stars seemed to blast in front of his eyes before he lost conciousness, only to wake and find himself gagged and bound with a throbbing headache.

The curious thing, though, was the fact that his shield and sword were still upon his person. Struggling against his bonds, he realizes that they are strong enough to keep him tied. Or, maybe it was the weird way his wrists were tied under his shield that rested upon his back. Try as he might, he is unable to brute force his way through the binds and he finally relents, accepting the embarassment of being found, tied and gagged the way he was.

Taking a deep breath, he cries out as loud as he can, hoping that someone will find him and release him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB