Game Thread Ch 1. ~ Under New Management - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Law of the Jungle
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 11,013


Sir Issac Bancroft

Issac looked up and down at the remains, in particular focusing on the evil looking fanged mask. Issac sighed as he took his hat off for few moments to wipe off the sweat and then returned to its place. He rubbed the space between his eyes as he came to the conclusion that his initial ideas of the place seemed to be right.

"Well, it looks like we may headed in the right direction, or even at the right place because that sure looks like a bat to me... or a vampire from a certain angle." Issac says finally in resignation. "So what are we waiting for? Certain death awaits us... so lets not keep it waiting."

Issac then looked around for a hemp of rope and readied his wayfinder. He did not need it, but in case they lost their way it could be useful to the others without the gift of dark sight.

"Winston and I can take lead since we are accustomed to the dark. C'mon you this place is not exploring itself!" Issac added to Winston as he motioned the eidolon forward.

"As I mentioned earlier, I believe that I deserve a raise..." Winston noted sarcastically as he padded forward.



 
__________________
Posting Status: On Hiatus... again. Gomen.
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #47  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 03:09 AM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2021
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,157

Syritu Talec

It only took one sniff of the air for Syritu to frown in disgust. She was no apprentice, and her veteran senses told her that she should get out of here right away before whatever lurked in this lair came for them. "What is a vampire? I do not know of these things. Do these vampires live in your lands? The air is foul and thick with blood of men, we should get out of here. There are plenty of other places to explore with treasures to find, but this is not one of them." Syritu holds her spear closer to her than usual, not only because of the uneasiness she felt while in this place, but also for practical purposes.

"We should leave immediately... the creature of this lair... whatever it is..." the tribal guardian mutters a few mantras of protection in her tribe's language.

 

__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
  #48  
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
Dian
Diann're L'keith

Nodding seriously, Dian indicates agreement with Syritu. "It is certainly wrong, this smell and this feeling. Strong, ancient magic must permeate these walls. But, on the other hand, it could just be ancient memory rather than anything current. Why don't we have a good look in daylight, and then set double guard tonight before returning if we have more to see?"

As she speaks she examines the stone mask in great detail, looking for any recollection or clue as to its origins, any stories or history she knows of these masks. Her knowledge of religion, though theoretical is considerable, and so she flicks back through her mental library for information on blood gods, Mwangi vampires and blood demons that might have engendered such veneration over the centuries.

 

__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)

Last edited by Caveman; Sep 25th, 2014 at 12:21 PM.
  #49  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 01:49 AM
Schniderman's Avatar
Schniderman Schniderman is offline
Goblin Slayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2023
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Posts: 2,072
Diannre's Knowledge
  • Perhaps the most known and renowned connection between vampires and the Mwangi expanse is the lost Azlanti city of Zurukai. Legend holds that the Azlanti queen Zura, the first vampire in Golarion's history ruled there millennia ago. A statue lays at the mouth of the Ocota river, in the far southern jungle, and legend holds that it once pointed the way to Zurukai. The huge statue fell long ago though, and while many would speculate, none know for sure which way it originally pointed.
  • A bat-like race called the Sabosan make their homes in some deep parts of the Mwangi expanse, and once held their capital in the city of Jaytirian, though they lost the city in their conflicts with the demon apes of Usaro. The Sabosan are man-eaters and blood drinkers, and are treated with much the same contempt as vampires are elsewhere. They worship the Lord of Shadows, Vyriavaxus, a demon lord with the form of a giant bat. The location of Jaytirian has been lost, though records would suggest it be somewhat near Usaro.
  • Vyriavaxus is a dead god, slain by Nocticula who stole his deific portfolio. The Sabosan still worship him, despite this.
  • Something nags at you, as though you're forgetting something that you shouldn't. Maybe it'll come back to you with time.
Diann're's Perception
  • Between the patches of moss and vines that cover the obelisk, you notice a few choice pictographs: A pair of ziggurats, between which is a mountain. The mountain is crested by several moons in a circular arrangement, each one showing a different phase. The leftmost ziggurat has a bat perched atop it, easily as large as the ziggurat itself. The rightmost ziggurat has a shapely naked woman reclining against its tiered steps. Beneath all of this is a broad horizontal line, flush with the bases of the ziggurats. Beneath this line are two zig-zagging lines.

This is less detailed than the actual pictographs (As you might have noticed with the 'shapely naked woman') but I didn't think it would be an appropriate expenditure of time to go really all-out on it. There's the gist of it.

Last edited by Schniderman; Oct 1st, 2014 at 02:30 AM.
  #50  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 03:52 AM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
OOC: What is the current phase of the moon?
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
  #51  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 01:14 PM
Schniderman's Avatar
Schniderman Schniderman is offline
Goblin Slayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2023
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Posts: 2,072
OOC: Waning crescent
  #52  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 02:23 PM
Caveman's Avatar
Caveman Caveman is offline
Pure Scotch beef.
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 1st, 2019
RPXP: 4695
Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman Caveman
Posts: 2,686
Dian takes a long while examining the pictogram and statue, relaying what she knows to her company as she does. After a while she stands and dusts herself down.

"Well, I suspect we're dealing with an active or dormant temple to a demon lord of some kind - who knows which, or who is doing the worshipping. The moons here might hint that whatever is worshipped is in bat form at present, or perhaps favours bats in this lunar phase. Also, the lines beneath remind me of teeth - not a great sign! On the other hand, risk brings reward so I am keen to explore if you all agree? We should try to keep our activities in daylight if possible though - bats see better than we do at night after all - and post double guard overnight. Shall we seek an entrance?"

Dian sets about looking for doorways, or the outlines of them starting at the base and working up the temple.
__________________
Iron DM 2008 (Runner-up)
  #53  
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 04:51 PM
Schniderman's Avatar
Schniderman Schniderman is offline
Goblin Slayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2023
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Posts: 2,072
The Blood Shrine
left-aligned image
A concerted search of the shrine's surface reveals the outline of a broad hatch, ten feet by ten feet, set into the stone floor. Though mosses and dirt cake its surface, it takes very little effort to clean it away enough to make the entryway workable. After inspecting the hatch thoroughly for traps, Alkhet produces a prybar from his pack and works it into the crack, levering it back and forth until the lip of the stone has risen enough to be lifted properly.

With a scrape of stone on stone, the hatch is angled upward until it locks in place, resting at a 45 degree angle with the stone floor of the shrine. Underneath the hatch a set of stone stairs descend under the shrine's obelisk, down into the unknown darkness below. As the party makes their way down, Alkhet is practically beside himself with anticipation; seemingly he's unphased by the place's ominous sensation and the stench of blood. The hallway stretches out ahead of you, coming to a T intersections with doors on either side.
OOCSome housekeeping for dungeon-crawl type encounters:
I would like a party marching order / arrangement.
Please include Alkhet in the arrangement, unless you want him to wait at the entrance or head back to camp.
If you want to take any special precautions in your proceedings, please make note of them (i.e. checking every 10 feet for secret doors or whatever else).
There are no light sources besides what you bring in yourselves. The lighting condition is regularly darkness.
The hallway is 10 feet wide here.
The floors, walls, and ceilings are rough hewn stone.

Last edited by Schniderman; Oct 3rd, 2014 at 06:03 PM.
  #54  
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 02:20 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2021
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,157

Syritu Talec

Hesitation appeared on the guardian's face when Dian mentioned things about a demon lord, bats, teeth, and going down into the dark. "You can't be serious!" She looks to the others, hoping they might be in agreement with her. Once it's obvious it's not the case, she shakes her head and goes in first into the depths of the temple. She brings a torch with her and leads the group, being the one with the most martial skill, "I do not like the looks of this." She is cautious in her approach, stopping and listening every time she hears something or sees something odd. When they are at the intersection she stops and asks, "Which way now?"

 

__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta

Last edited by grenadierman; Oct 12th, 2014 at 02:21 PM.
  #55  
Old Oct 15th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 11,013


Sir Issac Bancroft

Issac rubbed his brow and followed Syritu into the darkness of the temple. While his eyes functioned perfectly in the dark and he could make do, it effectively blinded the others and in the end multiple pairs of eyes are better than one. Even in the name of preserving surprise... and more than likely whatever terrible thing that probably dwelled there would be just as adept at seeing at night and would have an advantage over them. Anyway, Issac prefer to see a fight coming regardless.

"Get into a staggered column... this way we can accomodate the space and still overwatch and not bunch up and crowd one another." Issac suggested as he directed Alkhet and Winston into their positions. The eidolon took the lead flank on the right of Syritu. Issac cast the light spell to emanate from the head of Winston and then cast one on the tip of Alkhet's weapon. "This way we can have the maximum number of hands free in the event of trouble."

If the Light spells got dispelled, Issac and Winston could still see so, they could recast or kindle a torch.

"If it is all the same, I guess there really is no clue which way we should go... so I say right." Issace suggested as recalled the carving outside and then motioned for Winston to start moving forward and checking out the hallway and initial visual inspection of the door. "If I am going to face some undead creature, I prefer a beautiful woman versus a bat thing... especially if we are going to kill it all the same."



 
__________________
Posting Status: On Hiatus... again. Gomen.
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #56  
Old Oct 15th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Schniderman's Avatar
Schniderman Schniderman is offline
Goblin Slayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2023
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Posts: 2,072
Perception FindingsTo cut down on waiting, I rolled perception for everyone. Here's what you see going forward:
EveryoneIssac's light spell illuminates the tunnel. What you see is pretty much what could be expected; the floor, walls, and ceiling continue as unmarked hewn stone. The doors on either side of the intersection seem identical: thick rectangular slabs of stone on push-to-open hinge mechanisms that should open inward into the rooms beyond the doors. The doors fill the 10 ft x 10 ft passage, and must weigh quite a considerable amount. Alkhet thoroughly inspects both doors before proclaiming them trap-free.

Last edited by Schniderman; Oct 15th, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
  #57  
Old Oct 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM
grenadierman's Avatar
grenadierman grenadierman is offline
Tom Cruise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2021
RPXP: 6866
grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman grenadierman
Posts: 4,157

Syritu Talec

"A woman can be just as cruel as any beast or man, Sir Bancroft. Do not take a woman granted just for her looks." Syritu waits as Alkhet checks the doors, and breathes a sigh of relief when he declares it trap-free. She glances back to the others, waiting for the signal to open the door before, well, opening the door. "Winston, please stay close to me. I do not know what to expect in this place."

 

__________________
Purge as Corporal Pasam Molta
  #58  
Old Oct 21st, 2014, 12:31 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 11,013


Sir Issac Bancroft

"My comments were not meant to downplay the dangers of the creature... in fact dear lady, I could not agree with you more." Issac replied as he followed in the order and formation he had indicated. "I was simply pointing out that it would be more pleasant to look at while we are slaying it."

"You can count on me dear lady Syritu." Winston replied to the warrior woman as he padded along her flank as they turned the corner to the right to the recently cleared door.

"Well, look who is all motivated and chivalrous now... no more complaints or pitiful imploring for a raise? " Issac noted saracastrically to his eidolon's sudden turn of motivation for this venture. "C'mon turncoat... get a move on and lets get this expedition on the road..."

Munin blithely just stared unblinkingly at the two before resuming his scan of the area as they moved to the door.



 
__________________
Posting Status: On Hiatus... again. Gomen.
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
  #59  
Old Oct 29th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Schniderman's Avatar
Schniderman Schniderman is offline
Goblin Slayer
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2023
RPXP: 3292
Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman Schniderman
Posts: 2,072
Blood Shrine, Right-hand Door
After a moment of apprehension, you push back the stone doors ahead of you and reveal the chamber beyond. Isaac's magical light glows softly against the pale slate surfaces within, blanketing and outlining an raised slab in the center of a oval-shaped room. The flat surface of the slab is raised to about waist height, and it's covered in a variety of wood, stone, and ivory statuettes; lacquered ceramic and glass jars and bottles; gold, silver, and glass bead jewelry; and dozens of ornate knives. In the very center of the table is a bust carved from ebony, depicting a young woman. Other than the treasure table, the room seems featureless.
  #60  
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 11,013


Sir Issac Bancroft

Issac motioned for Alkhet and Dian to move up as they moved to the turn just in case something came up from behind through that door and surprise them. Instructing Munin, Issace motioned for the raven to fly into the room and do a sweep to see if there was anything lurking in the room waiting for them.

"Come on, get in there and help him..." Issac noted with encouragement as he patted and motioned for his eidolon to move forward into the room and explore the table and the area around it. "...what do you have to worry about, it is most likely booby trapped with deadly poison and instruments of great pain."

"You know that sarcasm is the recourse of a weak mind..." Winston said wryly but obediently moved in cautiously to examine the room.

"What do you have to worry about...if anything happens to you know I can just summon you again!"

"Again, I find very little comfort in that..."



 
__________________
Posting Status: On Hiatus... again. Gomen.
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:05 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB