Game Thread Good Morning, Cuyavale - Page 18 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Good Morning, Cuyavale
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-24-2016, 09:27 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 551
Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter
"No... load them into the truck. We can see if the locals at the other end have a use for them. If not, we bring them back, and give them to Laughlin with a salute and a smile like a good little Guardsman." The germ of an idea was growing in Roach's brain. There might be a way out of this after all, but it would probably be dearer than just a set of loose pamphlets. He set to helping move the remaining crates into the truck, seeking to depart as soon as possible.
Old 01-24-2016, 11:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 978
Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken
"...fine, fine..." Stitch grumbles, and in a moment, the motley squad sets to work. The medicae is huffing and puffing in the heat after only a few minutes, but Hathley appears to have no trouble with his work, ensuring that each box is neatly stacked...and leaving room for the other troopers to squeeze in. Barely.

"Like I said," Ernie mumbles, clambering into the back. "It's a good thing the big lug wouldn't get in. You keep up, you hear?" He raises his voice, pointing at Bert. "Don't go lagging behind."

"He will do well!" The boy says, enthusiastically, and hops into the driver's seat. He's barely tall enough to reach the pedals, but he starts the truck with practiced ease, and the vehicle lurches off, rumbling down a dimpled metal ramp and jolting as it sets out along a branch as long as a highway...

OOCLet me know if Roach called shotgun or elected to squeeze into the back instead. Also, I'll need a +20 Athletics check from Bert.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:14 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter Randolph Carter
"Keep your eyes open and stay down. We already know that there are enemy eyes watching the firebase, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them sees us."

With that said, he sat next to the driver, keeping his gun in his lap and his eyes on the trees, scanning for signs of the enemy...
Old 01-25-2016, 01:01 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
tetran2 tetran2 tetran2
Bert follows along behind the truck. As he moves along, he smiles and hums a tune for the Emperor under his breath. The melody changes every verse since Bert can't remember what the last note was after he hums it. He is sure the Emperor has blessed him with all his new friends.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 978
Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken Harken
It doesn't take long for the truck to leave the base behind; the shouts, stench of promethium and sweat, and vox-blared hymns are replaced by the drone of insects and a musty, plantlike odor carried on a hot wind. One branch leads to another - and then another, all connected in a massive tangle of knotted limbs. There's a brief jolt whenever the truck changes branches, and vehicle has a disconcerting habit of slipping a little on the bark, but there's plenty of leeway before it gets anywhere near the edge. Despite the driver's age, he handles the truck well - and Bert is more than capable of keeping up, jogging along behind it at a steady pace. From behind a stack of crates, Ernie gives him a cynical thumbs-up.

"Bet he's going to be ravenous when we get there..." He mutters to himself. Stitch rolls his eyes...then drops his gaze to the box at his feet. He rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Up in the cab, the boy mumbles a quick prayer and presses a button, and the windows begin to crank down laboriously. It lets in a burst of warm, damp air and a sudden chatter of birds. He takes his eyes off the branch, just for a second, to give Roach a curious look.

"Are you dishonored?" He asks, his tone matter-of-fact instead of judgmental, and taps at his neck. "I thought that was a clan-mark, but Father says it is shameful."

The bird-calls increase in volume, joined suddenly by a simian hooting.

OOCAwareness test, please - from both of you!

Last edited by Harken; 01-26-2016 at 03:08 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:08 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
"Do you have any idea the damage you caused? How much work you just wasted? The entire operation is set back six months, maybe more, all because you thought you were a blessed Astartes..."

"It is shameful. I did something that I shouldn't have. And now I need to pay my debt to the Emperor." Roach unconsciously fingered the hard steel of the collar. "This is a sign of that."

All the while, he was looking out the windows, searching for signs of an ambush.
Old 01-26-2016, 04:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 235
tetran2 tetran2 tetran2
Bert is looking at all the pretty birds as he jogs along behind the truck.

"That one blue, that red, that yellow." He comments.