RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 07-23-2011, 10:03 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Good to hear. I'm glad at least one of the Big Two can get consistently decent movies made.

Then run with us...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
I tend to wait for DVD releases before i watch movies.

But from what i have seen, and from my friends opinions, DC *HAVE* the people to make good movies and shows, but they have these weird 'embargos' that you cant use a character in a show if its going to be in a movie, or in some major comic event. For example, Since Sinestro is going to in the 2nd green lantern movie, the new animated GL cartoon can't use him and are forced to use the red lanterns instead of the yellow. Or why justice league unlimited was canceled(a lot of the stars were getting other shows so they had to shut it down even though it was still popular).
Old 07-23-2011, 10:42 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Nah, JLU was a whole different reason. While the embargoed characters didn't help, the real reason from what I heard was that the Cartoon Network wanted more network controlled series so that they owned the rights to licensing and marketing. With a lot of cartoons the toys, etc are the biggest money makers. Plus they didn't like the demographics that were being pulled in (too old). So the Cartoon Network constantly messed with their schedule. If you didn't live in the States, you ended up seeing episodes months before the American market did.

Then run with us...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
I'm a much bigger Marvel fan then I am DC, so I enjoy watching them fall on there face on many an occasion. I was sad to see JLU go, though I never knew the reason, and in my opinion the new Christopher Nolan Batman movies are hand down the greatest comic book movies ever made. But other then that it's good to see Marvel coming out on top again.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Edit: Forgot to add this in the post above, but anyone that likes a good roasting of bad movies may want to check out This Agony Booth video about the 1979 made for TV Captain America or this video about the 1990 Captain America movie
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 AM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Just to let you know, I'm not railroading anyone into joining with this guy. You have two independently wealthy people on your team, more than enough resources to bring everyone together on a permanent basis should you choose. This guy is just serving as an impetus to gather you all together in one spot for a second time, and hopefully making it stick.

And on a lighter note, another review of the 1990 Captain America movie, this time by the Nostalgia Critic.

Then run with us...

Last edited by GrazztTheDark; 07-26-2011 at 09:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
I'd also like to say I'm not trying to spoil the game and force people to make any decision, I'm just trying to play in character and throw out a different view. Like I sayed the character will be more then willing to come on every adventure and work with everyone to the bitter end.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
Had an emergency come up with my father-in-law, so won't be online for a few days (Monday night most likely). Feel free to NPC my character as needed.
Old 08-13-2011, 07:17 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
No problem, McDerth. We're still waiting on Moridain's post anyway. I've taken the liberty of rolling your Initiative, in case I need to NPC you for a round or two, but judging by what you said I doubt you'll miss more than that.

Then run with us...
Old 08-16-2011, 12:25 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
Alright I'm back and alive. No time to update tonight though, I'm shooting for tomorrow evening depending on how hard it is to catch up on work tomorrow. Thanks for the patience
Old 08-16-2011, 09:05 AM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
It's okay, Moridain posted Initiative but forgot to put in an actual combat action. So we're still waiting on that.

Then run with us...
Old 08-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Quote:
The teams lone female takes a sidearm, a baton and one of the walkie talkies. She then follows the rest out silently.

When she hears the cry she rushes forward to assist Phasing through the car to get to see whats happening in there, and if she is trapped or a zombie crying wolf.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:07 AM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, that's the action that set off the zombies, so it was before combat. You get another one.

My bad.

Then run with us...
Old 08-28-2011, 03:41 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
just letting all the games im in know i live in NY, and on long island so i am in the middle of the hurricane. Its possible i will lose power for a few days, but i doubt it. Just warning in case i don't post for a while.

Last edited by sslrranma; 08-28-2011 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:33 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Stay safe, sslrranma.

Then run with us...