Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Rings of Rakkal
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-02-2011, 10:40 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Suddenly, a woman in a white business suit appears from a car. The woman has incredibly pale skin and white hair, and she wears sunglasses against the tropical heat. "I saw you fighting that creature. You people are ring wearers aren't you? Please I need your help. I'm Melinda Cipher."

Then run with us...
Old 06-03-2011, 01:41 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Electric girl starts moving side to side in small steps making it hard to see her features, "Um... You know about the rings..?" She clutches her hand "Maybe you can explain why Blobs seem to be attacking us and, like, where we are..."
Old 06-03-2011, 02:50 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15585
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
"I can tell you that one," Aaron replies.

"It's nothing personal, they're following natural instincts. It's just that on this scale what a cell naturally does is a bit brutal."
Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
She seems irritated at the glib answer, but also at the situation "Yeah but, white blood cells, if thats what they really are, usually aren't THAT big right? I mean, how big would the body have to be?"
Old 06-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Adam can't help but smile when the cell ruptures. The swirling shadows around him even kept the goo from hitting him. That was until he released them and the bits stuck to the top fell with a splat on top of his head. He just sighed and started wiping the goo off.

The women was a bit of a shock to him. In less then ten minutes he had gone from thinking he had the only power ring on earth to having random strangers ask about it. He says nothing for now, instead he watches the women closely, using his training to read her body language and see what he could learn about her.

OOC: Spend a power point to avoid fatigue from extra effort. Then use sense motive, got a 27
Old 06-03-2011, 11:05 AM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
"Where you are is simple," Melinda replies, "You're in Kingston, Jamaica. One of the better neighbourhoods. Unfortunately, 'where' is a concept whose meaning is being sorely tried."

Melinda sighs and pushes her sunglasses back up her nose. "Allow me to explain. I work for an organization called the Trinity Group. Since the rings began popping up, we've been seeking to recruit ring wearers into our organization. As you can imagine, the implications of even a single ring for business or industry are huge. Recently, our sources tracked down a likely candidate, Will Campbell." Here she hands over the picture of a young man of about 16, with curly dark hair and a friendly face. "I was on my way here to negotiate a deal with him, when the world began to...well..." She gestures helplessly all around her, as the scenery shifts like an ocean. "Fortunately, I had seen pictures of Will's house before and recognized it when it appeared. It seems to show up more often than any other given location at any point, and I assumed it was the center of the turmoil and that Will might be the key to this."

Then run with us...
Old 06-03-2011, 11:53 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
'Aven't even been at this a month an' already got talent scouts out. Lookin' for ten percent off the top of toys an' games? Tromlui says sacasticaly as he takes the picture from the women. He studies it for a moment. Of course it's a kid. Isn't it always?

He hands the picture off to the closest person to him. Ow did ya track 'im down an what do ya think 'is ring does?

Last edited by Mcderth; 06-03-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
"Um... I am not sure about these guys, but I am not sure I am interested in 'recruitment'..."

Electric lady coughs "Um... Let me guess... We are IN him right..? Or some kind of mix of him and Kingston, Jamaica?"

She blinks having an idea "Uh, he didn't happen to have some kind of autoimmune disease or something did he..?"

Last edited by Moridain; 06-03-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Melinda smiles her nicest smile at the Irishman. "Of course. We can't just sit back and let the competition take all the best talent, now can we? As far as how we found him, we've just been on the lookout for various weird reports from around the world. We heard rumours of things disappearing and reappearing around the Kingston area. Big things, like whole buildings. So we figured there was somebody here that was causing it. A bit of private detective work, and we got a name. As for what his ring can do, I think that should be clear by now. It warps space; and on a global level."

Melinda turns to the girl. "I doubt we're inside him, per say. It seems he's managed to diffuse himself across space. There have been reports of apparitions across the world; disembodied organs and members. We think he's trying to reestablish himself in normal space, but he can't seem to bring all the parts together, and he can't quite seem to get the scale right." As she says this she gestures to the thirty foot wreckage you've made. "As for communicable diseases, well, I haven't seen any yet. Have you?"

Then run with us...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
"Why are you after rings anyway. I thought the Trinity Group specialized in robotics." said the giant man, looking down on the woman. "Anyway, let's solve this problem first before any recruitment." he says, eyeing her suspiciously.

"Damn it. I knew this would happen. I should have just let them handle it." he thinks to himself. "Too late for that now. Best to just keep an eye on her."

Last edited by sslrranma; 06-03-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:01 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
"Oh, the Trinity Group has its fingers in all sorts of pies," Melinda counters with a small giggle, her eyes unreadable behind her sunglasses.

She continues on, "But I agree with you. One of the boys at our labs plotted out the gateways that appeared and noticed a pattern. There were two locations of highest activity. One was in Kingston, Jamaica. The other was in Perth, Australia. If you think you can help, that should probably be the next place you go."

Then run with us...
Old 06-04-2011, 01:15 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
Adam couldn't help but note her use of "Private Investigator". He had done his best to be careful back home, but he could only assume they already new everything about him and had people watching his office, his clients and anything else they thought could be useful. And if by some miracle they hadn't been onto him before he bloody well knew they would be now that Ms. Recruiter had seen his face. He could only hope that standing there in his boxers covered in goo he looked less then powerful or heroic and Trinity would just write him off.

Well I may be able ta get meself to Australia in a 'urry, but I'm not sure about the rest o ya. Adam says, looking around to see if Australia has just happened to pop into the neighborhood. Otherwise we got a long flight ahe'd o' us.

Last edited by Mcderth; 06-04-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:49 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
The electric girl blushes, realising she could probably get to Australia shockingly fast. However she couldnt get the others there as quickly, not without vaporising them with windsheer.

Turning to the woman she frowns, not sure exactly what to make of her. She knows without needing any proof that the woman wants to use them, everyone with connections like her would try to use people like them, but the question is whether they would get something out of it in return. At the moment the only thing they are really getting is information about how to save this boy, and currently Kaitlyn isn't isn't even sure she wants to get involved. SHe has her own life after all, and her instinct is that every second she spends with this woman, and involved in this situation, damages that life...

She ends up just standing there, not sure what to do for one of the first times in her life, and so letting the others speak and plan around her for now...
Old 06-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
"looks like we're risking a portal then. We just got to find it. Or at least something close enough that we could take a short flight."
Old 06-05-2011, 02:17 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Looking around, you notice that you have a number of options. Down the street about a block to the east, the scenery shifts to what looks like a western European town. Going the other way reveals a barren expanse of steppe. Cutting across the houses to the north will take you to a mass of skyscrapers, and to the south a snow covered mountain arises, neatly bisected by the spatial rift.

Then run with us...