Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Rings of Rakkal
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 12:13 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Adam finally drops the darkness surrounding him, it seeming to dissipate like wisps of smoke from around him. He still had the massive headache and his body hurt in places it never had before, but at least he had cooled off a bit. He stands and begins taking a good hard look around at the different places he can see all around them, trying to recognize any landmarks.
OOCTaking 20 on a notice check (28)
Old 06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Adam does manage to notice some landmarks. Unfortunately, none of them reveal a place to be definitively Perth. The detailed examination eliminates both of the heavily urban areas: the Apollo Theater is in one, and the other opens up right in front of Madame Tussaud's wax museum. The suburban areas lack major landmarks, however the signage in half of them is in a language other than English. Amongst those road signs in English are Yonge Street, Great Eastern Highway, I 95, and the A720.

Then run with us...
Old 06-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Kaitlyn gets up again soon after, and starts looking around. She seems to focus on the non-english language signs, suggesting a greater skill with languages.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:02 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
The non-English language signs reveal a variety of information. French signs advertise boutiques in Lyons; a German sign reveals that a large square building is a factory in Dusseldorf; several signs are in Far Eastern ideograms, though nothing you can speak (you believe they might be Korean); cyrillics advertise a McDonald's.

Then run with us...
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Kaityln shakes her head "I can't see anything even near where we are headed. Lets move around, see if we have any luck elsewhere."
Old 06-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
Gar looks lover the portals as the group eliminates then one by one. "We're still taking too long. Let's test our luck on this one. I have a good feeling."

Stepping through the portal, Gar tries to get a sense of where and what is going on around him, making sure its safe for the others to come through.

OOC
Using a hero point to chose the right portal, as stated was OK in the OOC thread. That means i used 3 total this session.

Dice Notice Check:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
The group chooses the portal which leads to the Great Eastern Highway. Looking around, you can see from your new vantage point through the portal the Perth Airport, so you figure you must be getting close to your goal. In the distance, some three or four miles away, you see a glittering sphere hanging in the sky like a gemstone, flashing through all the colours of the rainbow.

The disembodied voice runs through your ears again. "Helllllppppp meeeeeeeeee.....", it says. It feels like it's entering directly into your eardrums.

Then run with us...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 AM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Looks like we're close The Irishman says to the college lad. Are we close enough for you to work your magic?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:13 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15610
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Aaron warms up a bit as he decides on his course of action.

"Alright, going to go for it." he remarks, starting to run closer to the sphere. Though the ring, he tries to get the kid to calm down- to stop panicking and come down gently.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:25 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately, the world around you refuses to return to normal. Either you're out of range...or something is interfering with your powers.

Then run with us...
Old 06-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
"Any luck?" says Gar . "Doesn't look like anything is happening."
Old 06-26-2011, 09:23 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
"Still working on it," Aaron yells out as his approach gets more cautious and direct.

"I'm going to get closer. Back me up."
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
The party makes for the floating anomaly. As you get closer, you can see that what looked like facets of a gem are each another location. Points in space flicker and pulse throughout the sphere.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" a voice from behind says. Turning, you see a man with a long white beard and a green robe. His skin is nearly as white as his beard. The long, wide sleeves of his robe nearly covers his hands, but you can see that they lack any ornamentation. His eyes are darkest midnight blue.

"A seed," he continues on, "Soon, in a matter of years, all of space will be concentrated in that one spot. Then it will collapse, becoming smaller and smaller, until implosion becomes explosion. And then..."

He smiles dreamily. "A new big bang! Another universe, wiping this one clean! And I, I will be the god of this brave new creation."

He laughs deeply.

Then run with us...
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
"And never mind the rest of us?" Aaron can't help but remark. Oh, he didn't like that at all.

"How are you doing this?"
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
"The powers of the rings you wear is far beyond what you can imagine," the man sneers, "The only limits on them are those imposed by the wielder. It was a simple matter to begin to remove the limits. All I had to do was attack the boy's mind. Soon he'll be a mindless shell. Without him to weaken the ring, it will be an easy matter to nudge it further in the direction I wish it to go. I almost feel sorry for him. But godhood will have a greater price than one boy's sanity, anyway."

Then run with us...