RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > D20 Modern > Poison Skies (D20 Apocalypse)
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Medical Ofcr/Combat Medic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 440
rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob rngrbob
After the Fall

It's been fifteen years since the bombs were dropped back during 2011, in what is now late spring of the year 2026 A.D. Near what remains of north eastern California. What does remain of a city is a collection of crumbling and bombed-out buildings and structures. With a remaining disorganized former citizen population of 15,000. Vying for enough food, water, and anything and everything they'll need to live.

Following a global nuclear exchange no one really knows for sure how the war came to be. All though the world they once knew lies in ashes and expansive deserts that cover what once were vibrant fields. Prior to the nuclear cataclysm, Germany pulled out of the United Nations. Which may have gave way to the current situation of the world as it is to this day.

Most of the nearby cities downtown is rumored to be over ran by viscous rival gangs of thugs and criminals, that most of the citizenry avoid at all costs to do the concentration of gangs. If any one does wonder into the area, is attacked and taken never to be seen again. Though you and a few other survivors have pooled what resources you had into a fairly large acreage farm (about over 15 ac.). To survive whatever that may come.

Located on the outskirts of the city. The house on the farm is slightly large wood white sided home. With at least five to six room most of which are located both down and up stairs. Nice sized kitchen, dinning room, Living room and study. With few of the windows missing boarded up. On the farm is a freshly tapped well for water, and an acre of gardens. As well as a red storage barn on the property. This is were you begin.
Old 06-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
shadowsedge
Jim lit a cigarette as he stepped outside to check the perimeter of the farm. He stood for a second and scratched his beard and readjusted his dusty baseball cap before setting out towards what would have been a mailbox,now it was merely just a rusted piece of dented metal on top of a rotting piece of post. He pulled out his Beretta and chambered a round just in case he ran into any trouble while he was doing his check. "Well guess I'll get to it then, no point in admiring the wasteland" He said to himself as he started to walk. He couldn't help but feel alone in this vast wasteland of what used to be California. He started to think back to before the bombs dropped and his wife and son. He shook the memories from his head. "Getting lost in your head is gonna get you killed Jim" He thought to himself as he continued to walk around the large farm.

Last edited by shadowsedge; 06-05-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM

Tools
User Statistics
As Jim and the rest of you are doing what you may be doing, as most of the survivors are helping by either tending the gardens fields, fetching water from the well pump or anything that needs to be taken care of. That have banded with your heroes. For mutual beneficial survival from marauding bandits, criminals and gangers.

A man approaches Jim, that is over five feet and five inches. With brownish poorly cut short hair, deep piercing blue eyes and unshaven stubbly face. With a fairly slender to athletic build. "You okay Jim? I know what your going though some." He chuckles solemnly. Remembering his family he lost in about the same manor as Jim. Though his pictures have faded away and were lost. With out the children.

Sighing, he turns back around to go to do some chores that he was given for that day. "If you need to talk. I'm here for you okay." Smiles as he looks to a woman that has joined the survivors on the farm. With an about average build. Though has gotten more slimmer of late from not much food. And same hair color and dark eyes.

Last edited by rngrbob; 06-07-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 291
L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught L0stTh0ught
John started the day down in the basement taking inventory. He did this once a week to ensure that they would have enough to last and that no one was taking more than their share. He was pretty relieved that the garden was coming along finally as that meant they wouldn't have to starve any time soon. He could hear the floorboards creak above him as the house started to become more lively as more people got up. Finished with checking the supplies, he headed back upstairs to go help out in the garden.
"I hope we can find a donkey or something soon, it'll really help till the rest of the land in case more people show."
Old 06-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
shadowsedge
"I'm okay, just thinkin. Thanks for the offer" Jim said to the man, while looking at the woman also. " I'll see you back inside, perimeter looks to be clear. You should go talk to her. Jim said with a smile and slapped him on his back as he walked back towards the house.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Ken is working on an old tractor he found on the farm and with the help of the others had moved closer to the house. after several days of trying to get the old machine to work he became more and more frustrated. He kicked the flat tire "Damn it." he shouted. He found jim walking by "Hey jim we got some problems with this thing. I dont have the parts i need to fix it, i need to go scavange them if possable. you know if john is done with inventory? its getting close to the time we need to make a forey into the outskirts of the city aint it?"
Old 06-07-2011, 09:50 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
shadowsedge
Jim nodded "I'll go check for ya" He said then turned to go into the house making hhis way to the basement " Hey John? You done with inventory yet, they need parts for the tractor" He yelled at the foot of the stairs into the basement, the musty air from the basement filled his nostrils as he started to walk down the stairs to see if John needed any help. He made a quick look and the basement and noticed john wasn't there. He went back upstairs and checked the garden and found John helping out " How is the inventory looking? He asked the sun now beating down on him.

Last edited by shadowsedge; 06-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Mayhem

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 912
Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy
Wearing his same clothes he’s had for as long as he can remember, Jensen stepped out of the house, his torn and tattered jacket slung over one shoulder, his left hand keeping it from slipping off and falling to the floor behind him. In his right he carried his only item of personal protection, a two foot piece of pipe covered in welded on nails and crews. Standing just outside the doorway for a moment, Jensen flinched as his eyes adjusted to the light of the sun before he set his weapon against the house wall next to him. With grace and technique only developed through practice, he slid his jacket off his shoulder, spinning it in his hand enough to slide his hands and arms through the remainder of the jacket’s sleeves.

Jensen patted himself down, smoothing out his jacket against his body as much as possible before picking up his weapon again. Resting it upon his shoulder with his right hand, Jensen let out a bit of a yawn as he began walking out toward Ken and the tractor. “Yo,” he called out as he got close, waving his left hand in greeting. “Still can’t get the thing to run yet?” he asked, looking the machine up and down, as if trying to determine just how well it could run if in working condition.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
“Naw but I do know what it needs now, new gaskets, a new oil line, and a new hydraulic pump if we are ever gonna use the bucket. I am not sure how long the oil pump or pistons are gonna last either so those should be replaced. I just told jim we need to make a trip into town so i can see what parts i can find. If i can get this thing running and then jury-rig a tilling set up the garden can be done in a few hours instead of days. But thats if i can find everything which i doubt." Ken wipes his forearm on his head leaveing a grease smear but getting rid of the sweat that was building up "So how bout it Jensen, you up for a little scavanging trip?"
Old 06-07-2011, 09:44 PM
Mayhem

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 912
Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy Jiggy
Jensen nodded his head as Ken listed off the things wrong and a way to fix him, humming slightly to himself. “I have no idea what you just said, but it sounds like it’ll work.” Pausing for a second, Jensen reached out and poked the tractor gently with his weapon, as if doing so might make it jump to life. “Well, if we can get this thing running, it might make things a bit easier around here. Plus, there’s a chance I can finally get my hands on something I can drive. If nothing else, it’ll certainly make lugging parts to and fro much easier.” Chuckling to himself, Jensen put on a confident grin at the thought of finally getting behind the wheel again.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I think we do, it might not be the parts for it, but you guys might be able to jury-rig something together. Come give me a hand, this $#!% is heavy."
John turned back around and headed back into the basement, looking for the parts that he was thinking about.
"Someone really ought to organize this stuff. Lord knows I'm not gonna, I've got my hands full enough as it is."
Old 06-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
shadowsedge
Jim nodded 'I'll help you with the parts" He said to John and followed him back down into the basement.Jim saw the man he had talked to earlier that morning and decided to ask him for help " Hey , would you like to help me and John here with fetching some parts for the tractor from inventory , those things are heavy and we could use the extra handsHe said with a smile. Leaving the other to look at the tractor. "Hopefully we have something to get thatt hing running today" He said to John with a little hope in his voice as they entered the house.

Last edited by shadowsedge; 06-08-2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:39 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The man that Jim talked to earlier in the day replies. "Sure I would be willing to help out. Most of my assigned chores are finished by now." He continues on to say. "Where ever you need them taken to. Which parts do you need for the tractor by the way." Chuckling to himself, turning to look through what you have for parts in supply for the tractor if you have any of the for mentioned parts. As he rummages through the shelves, were they would be located.

As John joined the others in tending to the garden, not to far from the house in the morning. There were not bad looking women who joined the heroes those few years ago. When you found and pooled your resources for the place. Making up at least four to five of the survivors. Few men joined as well making up at least ten to twelve fellow survivors on hand to help out. To care for the farm.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
shadowsedge
Jim smiled and nodded Well, we need some gaskets, and an oil line oh and a pump. AHe said some other stuff but I wasn't paying any attention after he started listing things"He said as they made there way to a pile of extra parts." I didn't catch your name" Jim asked the man as they rummaged for the tractor parts. Every once in a while he would pick something up and throw it to the side, his hands growing dirty from the dust , dirt , and grime that was on the extra mechanical parts.

Last edited by shadowsedge; 06-09-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
John observed the garden, admiring its resilience in the face of this harsh new world. He also took in the faces of the people tending to the acre of land. So many people that under better circumstances, he would have never met. Recalling their names, he set to work, helping them tend to the soil.