RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Rings of Rakkal
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 08-12-2011, 06:09 PM
GrazztTheDark's Avatar
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark is offline
One Man, One Vote
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2018
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Posts: 2,141
The plaintive cries turn to cries of rage as the woman attempts to grab Kaitlyn, but fails as she is still incorporeal.

This seems to have been treated as a signal from the rest of the zombies. A crowd of at least eighty emerges from various hiding spots, under and in cars and other vehicles, within deserted structures. They are a motley lot, with their bodies having suffered various stages of damage and in clothed in varying fashions, all showing the pallor of death. A general trend amongst them is that those that are clothed have the most amount of physical damage done (eyes gouged out, throats torn, large chunks of flesh missing), but there are exceptions. They charge at you as one.

OoDMInitiative, folks.
__________________
Do you suffer from a lack of giant robots, heroic warriors, talking animals, and the power of friendship?

Then run with us...
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-12-2011, 07:59 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 16509
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 24,449
Dice Init:
1d20+9 (9)+9 Total = 18


Aaron's first instinct is to get a little height on the monsters, leaping up onto the car. The gun raised, he yells out as he fires at a few of the closer monsters.

Dice Attack:
1d20+10 (2)+10 Total = 12


"Kate! Get Out! Get back with the others!"
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
*WARNING* - Slower Posting Until August 7th - *WARNING*
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-13-2011, 07:49 PM
sslrranma's Avatar
sslrranma sslrranma is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-14-2019
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
Posts: 1,271
Seeing the large group of zombies, Jotun tries to get in to a spot to cover his team, then when noone is in the way, thrusts a palm outward at the zombies, a huge burst of air and force pressing against the masses.

 
__________________
Gone from this site. Looks like gaming is impossible after all. Looks like it's time to sell all my books and just give it up.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-14-2011, 08:44 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (13)+8 Total = 21
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Kaitlyn knows that they cannot be taken out competly, but she also knows she doesn't have to. If they just slow them down enough to stop them catching up to or following them...

She turns into a blur of lightning, her baton swinging to break the knees of all the zombies in the area.
oocGoing for Rapid Attack against all enemies within 40ft.
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (12)+8 Total = 20
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-17-2011, 05:52 PM
GrazztTheDark's Avatar
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark is offline
One Man, One Vote
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2018
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Posts: 2,141
Kaitlyn manages to kneecap about a dozen zombies. Unfortunately, they react by continuing to crawl forward on their knees.

Police snipers from the building behind you lend support, picking off zombies where possible. Several fall and are trampled by their fellows.

Aaron manages to hit a couple of zombies, however none of his hits actually manage to drop one of the undead.

Gar is more lucky. His shockwave sends a large group of zombies (and one or two cars) backwards with such extreme force that many were pulverized and reduced to twitching piles of flesh.

Adam raises a large shield of shadow to protect himself from the rushing horde. An umbral blast briefly slows the crowd, but can't stop it.

The zombies continues their advance, having been reinforced by another crowd of eighty. They charge the four heroes, attempting to drag you down to the ground so they can savage you with their teeth. Kaitlyn and Aaron manage to deftly dodge the grasping hands of the hungry horde, but Gar and Adam are quickly swamped.

OoDMOkay, grapple checks. McDerth has to beat a 22, sslrranma needs a 30 (owing to more zombies crawling over your larger form).
__________________
Do you suffer from a lack of giant robots, heroic warriors, talking animals, and the power of friendship?

Then run with us...
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Kaitlyn sees their less speedy guys getting overwealmed and considers helping. There is little she can really do though, her strength no more than an average person, really. Even though she could grab them one by one and shove them off they would just climb back on joined by their friends.

Instead she turns herself intangible again, and flows outward, running back and forth like an insane lightning bolt in an attempt to fry every one of them. She just hopes the voltage is enough to fry their nerves and stop them when spread among such a large crowd...
oocTurn on 'aura', then a move action to 'move' myself through all of them. Or as many as you allow me to.
Aura DC 25
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-17-2011, 06:38 PM
sslrranma's Avatar
sslrranma sslrranma is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-14-2019
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
Posts: 1,271
OOCLet me see if i have my modifier right, since i didnt record it. +8 Attack, +8 for being size huge, +11 for strength, +4 for super strength. that adds up to 31.

Dice Roll:
1d20+31 (6)+31 Total = 37



Freeing himself from the zombie hoard easly, he sends forth another huge shockwave when its all clear. He looks to see how his team mates are doing. "You guys may want to hold on to something if you can't fly" he says, balling up his fists, getting ready for a big attack once more zombies come over.
__________________
Gone from this site. Looks like gaming is impossible after all. Looks like it's time to sell all my books and just give it up.

Last edited by sslrranma; 08-17-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-17-2011, 08:16 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 16509
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 24,449
Aaron moves with bobs and weaves with any possible movement. Where could he go?

The best idea he has is behind the giant getting a move ready, so he heads that way quickly. If any zombie stands a decent chance at stopping him or is slowing down Tromui he gets a baton to the face- but otherwise it's time to MOVE for him.

Dice Attack:
1d20+10 (8)+10 Total = 18

DC 24
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
*WARNING* - Slower Posting Until August 7th - *WARNING*
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
GrazztTheDark's Avatar
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark is offline
One Man, One Vote
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2018
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Posts: 2,141
Kaitlyn rapidly moves through zombie after zombie, as each in turn falls victim to large quantities of electricity pumping through them. The smell of burning hair begins to fill the road.

The police snipers, amazed, seem to be conserving their ammo at the sight of the four of you plowing through the zombies.

Aaron moves quickly through the crowd. A pair of zombies nearly cut off his retreat, but a well placed jump kick knocks the head off of one into the other, knocking both over*. Aaron, for his part, doesn't even lose his momentum and continues to dodge the zombies.

Gar (nearly literally) shrugs off the zombies that are attempting to slow him down. The few that remain attached are desperately holding onto his body, like the world's first undead cliff scalers. Gar is quite ready for the next crowd to arrive, sending them flying back before they even get the chance to come into grappling range, and simultaneously knocking off one or two of the stragglers still clinging to his clothing.

The zombies have an easier time with Adam, managing to bring him down and bury him under a swell of decaying bodies. You can't tell whether or not his forcefield is holding up, except for the occasionally ebon beam that cuts through the horde, but can't quite free him. The lack of the sound of tearing flesh can be taken as a good sign, however.

The remainder of the zombies are a relatively beaten lot by this point. A good half of them have been obliterated by giant shockwaves, a large chunk of those remaining have been shocked into collapse or knee capped into low mobility. The one knocked over by his fellow's head stands up and hands the head to his comrade, who had been stumbling around without anyway to see where he was going. The few left on Gar desperately attempt to climb him, in search of soft flesh to bite into and rend with their fingers. The remainder attempt to avoid the untouchable Kaitlyn, dodge the unclimbable giant, and focus on the weaving Aaron and the prone Adam. They're not quite able to catch the former and they don't seem to be able to do anything to the latter besides hold him down even more.

OoDMI hope the tonal issues aren't bothering anybody. I can't seem to decide whether this is supposed to be "28 Days Later" serious or "Dead Alive" goofy.

*Someone rolled a natural one on his toughness save. Can you guess who?
__________________
Do you suffer from a lack of giant robots, heroic warriors, talking animals, and the power of friendship?

Then run with us...
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Not giving them a chance to get away, Kaityln flies at Adam. Turning herself off so she doesn't inadvertantly fry her ally she runs in a circle around the mob, grabbing them one by one and shoving them off, giving him room to move. This does leave her vulnerable herself, but she is confident in her ability to avoid the lesser attacks and swap back into intangability in the fact of a large one.
oocIn other words, free action to turn off aura and intangability. Then using Rapid Attack as a grapple against all the zombies she can reach that are attacking Adam.
Attack + Grapple
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (5)+8 Total = 13
Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (13)+12 Total = 25
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM
GleefulNihilism's Avatar
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism is offline
The Good Doktor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-16-2019
RPXP: 16509
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Posts: 24,449
OOCHeadless? :P


"Come on, Irish!" Aaron calls out to back up Tromui. The nightstick is brought down on a zombie he causes would be around the shadow-man's head to give some breathing room.

Dice Attack:
1d20+10 (20)+10 Total = 30

DC 24
__________________
Quod Confutat Veritas, Ut Destruatur
Poetice Vivere, Aut Mori Stultitiam - Nullius In Verba
*WARNING* - Slower Posting Until August 7th - *WARNING*
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-19-2011, 11:26 AM
sslrranma's Avatar
sslrranma sslrranma is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-14-2019
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
Posts: 1,271
Gar sees the shadow man in trouble, but with two people helping him out doesn't think he'll be needed just yet. He picks up one of the remaining zombies on him and throws it in to some of the stragglers or somewhere else. "Damn things are like mosquitoes."

Dice Attack and Grapple check:
1d20+8 (14)+8 Total = 22
1d20+31 (3)+31 Total = 34
__________________
Gone from this site. Looks like gaming is impossible after all. Looks like it's time to sell all my books and just give it up.

Last edited by sslrranma; 08-19-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-19-2011, 05:50 PM
GrazztTheDark's Avatar
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark is offline
One Man, One Vote
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-03-2018
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
Posts: 2,141
Adam is quickly freed of his imprisonment under a pile of dead men, as the final zombies are mopped up. Cheers come from both the direction of the police station and the stadium, as you've managed to lift the siege.

OoDMHero points for all. Chat amongst yourselves, then I'll have a follow up tomorrow.
__________________
Do you suffer from a lack of giant robots, heroic warriors, talking animals, and the power of friendship?

Then run with us...
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-20-2011, 01:26 AM
Mcderth's Avatar
Mcderth Mcderth is offline
Master of Disappearing
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-16-2019
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Posts: 2,978
Buíochas a ghabháil leat. Adam says to Kaitlyn and Aaron as he drags himself up off the ground. Doesn look like me powers are going to be much good in the mob fights. Just hope I do a bit better when we find ol Saruman and put him under.
__________________
Mcderth is quietly working his way back onto the site. Don't stare to hard, you might scare him away...

Last edited by Mcderth; 08-20-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB