Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Rings of Rakkal
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 01:48 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15660
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
"Looked like they did a good job right then, you get bit?" Aaron asks while looking around.

"Don't think horror movie rules apply here- should be fine to just heal you."
Old 08-21-2011, 04:41 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2008
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
The sound of an approaching chopper halts the post-victory festivities before they even have a chance to properly begin. The helicopter is the same one as before, at least to judge by the pilot. He puts down on the nearest clearing and rushes over to you.

"We think we've found where the zombies are coming from. I'll explain on the way!"

OoDMI'll give you until tomorrow around this time to get anything you want done while on the ground finished, then we'll proceed to your next objective.

Then run with us...
Old 08-21-2011, 11:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 453
sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma sslrranma
"Alright. Sooner this is over, the better." says gar, still in giant form.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark GrazztTheDark
The pilot looks up as if seeing Gar for the first time.

"Uh, you might want to lose a few feet if I'm going to carry you where we need to go."

Once the team is rushed into the copter (and before the crowds of stadium goers and police can mob them in gratitude), the pilot opens a lap top and loads a video chat conference with Marcus Kincaid.

"Howdy everyone," he says as soon as you pop up, his voice grave, "We think we've figured out the source of the zombies. Some of our people in the Trinity Group have been crunching numbers. By plotting the attacks on a map and their relative sizes, they believe they've found a source." Here Marcus taps a few keys on his keyboard, and a map opens up on your screen. First it displays all of New York City, then it zooms into a small island in Long Island Sound.

"This is Hart Island," Marcus continues, his voice coming over the map, "Hart Island has housed a number of institutions over the years. Its most famous, and the relevant one to you, is that it houses New York City's potter's fields. That's a cemetery for those who can't afford a private burial or aren't identified by their relatives in time. As you can imagine, New York City produces a large number of those: the cemetery on Hart Island contains over 850000 of New York's dead, plus all of the amputated limbs that the city's hospitals needed to discard. Or it did, until someone started waking them up. I'm sure I don't have to spell out the implication of that to you. If this maniac really is operating off of this island, he has access to nearly a million corpses to turn into flesh eating monstrosities. The only good news is that none of the attacks seem to be on that scale yet, but it might only be a matter of time. I want him stopped before the Million Zombie March reduces New York City to a necropolis. Your en route to Hart Island now. Good luck."

Then run with us...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:11 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Aaron isn't happy to hear that. Not a small bit afraid in fact. He tries not to show it though, getting the gun ready as he mentally psyches himself. Getting an idea, he tries tossing some Courage his way though the ring- or at least cancels out some Fear reactions.

"I think I can help with Courage. Or at least I can give preventing Fear a chance. Anyone else want to try?"
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I'm good." says Gar. "So whats the plan? How about some of us focus on keeping the zombies distracted if they show up while the others search for the necromancer? Then after, a round of drinks on me!"

Last edited by sslrranma; 08-24-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
As you talk, the island approaches beneath you. It is largely bare, save for a few small buildings on the southern end. Even from a distance, you can see that there have been massive upheavals in the ground, although you can't see any zombies roaming about.

"Where should I set you folk down?" the pilot says, clearly nervous.

Then run with us...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
"I don't see many down there, but better safe then sorry. I'll go for the Necromancer, he sounds like he's alive." Aaron comments after some consideration.

"Just somewhere you can, we have some area to search."
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Yeah, we don't know whats here. If you asked me what was more likely, SAMs or zombies on this island, i would have said the former. Just land somewhere and keep an eye on us in case we need a lift out."
Old 08-27-2011, 04:55 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
Your pilot lands you in the middle of the field, where he'll have enough time to get away in the event of an ambush.

"I'll be circling. If you need to go somewhere else, call me on your walkie talkies and I'll come down and pick you up." He gives you his channel. "If you're somewhere hard to find, signal me with a power display. Well, good luck!"

He leaves you to the island of the dead.

Then run with us...
Old 08-27-2011, 05:44 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Aaron is the first to dismount, jumping out while the helicopter is still a few feet off the ground. Mostly to help the others dismount and start watching for trouble.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1920
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Adam jumps out right after Aaron, his shadow shield swirling around him. He takes a position near the young man, keeping an eye out for any trouble and taking in the lay of the land.

OOC:Take 10 on a notice check for a 22

Last edited by Mcderth; 08-27-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:14 PM
One Man, One Vote

Tools
User Statistics
You all dismount undisturbed. Adam can see no movement beyond that caused by a cold breeze. All there is to see are massive gaping holes that once held mass graves, and a few small and ancient structures.

Then run with us...
Old 08-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"So, see anything yet besides all the defiled graves?" says Gar, starting to grow in size after dismounting. "Also watch your feet. They could be hiding underground. I'm sure we'll be found soon enough."
Old 08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
"I've seen this movie." Aaron darkly quips as he starts hoping over graves to look around.

"We just need someone to strap a lawn mower to their chest."

He, not seeing any other options, starts looking for a crypt or something to get some height.