twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 03:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Lanna didn't really feel up to ale. She just wanted to get on with business. She didn't know what to think about the group she was going out with today. Some of them she felt confident in...others not so much....they would need to prove themselves worthy....especially the goody goody paladin. Lanna found him the most suspicious of all.

She watched the antics going on around her wondering how this adventure might go with so many inebriated companions. It would make the fight more interesting most certainly.

"Alright boys! Don't go overboard on some silly childish man-game trying to prove which of you is the bigger man. She gave them all a glaring look of disapproval. She hoped they might all calm down and focus on the task at hand. But men will be men...trying to prove themselves superior to each other through any means possible.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:45 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
He regards the bard with slight horror, and he looks upon Elizabeth again and tries to have a open mind. She's slender and pale, scrawny as they come. She's dressed in a plain black skirt and white shirt, with a frumpy wollen sweater with the campus logo emblazoned on the shoulders. She's mousy. Wears no make-up. Big rimmed glasses... Long brown air greasyand lacklustre... In a PONYTAIL...

"Ugh," he turns away and shudders. Looks like someone Bosby would date. He shakes his head in dismay as he walks away. "I had so much more respect for you than that," he mutters to Edward as he walks away to join the more excitable fray.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Bewitched by the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4211
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Vale sighed. He had been eager to build some comraderie with Lanna, now that they were going to be working together. "Barmaid! Just make that one drink, if you'd please." Vale shook his head when he overheard Frosty, Edward, and Bosby. Those three were too focused on depravely wasting away their lives in luxury to ever make serious adventurers. The rewards of success were fine, but none of them had ever earned it. What had they done with their lives to promote peace and harmony amongst the people, or defend the civilized lands from the monsters lurking in the wilderness?

Apathetically sipping from his ale, Vale waited for the stranger to show up to start them on their first quest. Who was it the drunk was talking about? Some sort of wizard. Vale wondered if it could be the same person as this 'Mithril' they were waiting for. Approaching the drunk, Vale asks, "This wizard you speak of... does she happen to also be known by the name 'Mithril'?"
Old 09-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6987
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
"Hmm... Losing the respect of a halfling. Well at least that only hurts half as much. Hahaha!" Eddie replies.

As he approaches the others he takes another drag on his cigarette and strums his guitar, "Lanna, you don't have to worry about who the biggest man around here is.". The smoke coming out of the side of his mouth forms an arrow pointing to his crotch (Prestidigitation). He gives her a smirk..

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 09-30-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
"Eddie Eddie. That's not what I hear..."
Old 09-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6987
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
"Lanna, Lanna, Lanna.. Hiding your true feelings through sarcastic remarks is as old as time itself. With your temper though, you would want me all to yourself and I can't deprive the world of my talents."

Eddie looks around trying to see if that person fitting Mithril's description is about.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:58 PM
We call that one Muad'Dib

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
"Speak up, man. And do try to enunciate your vowels. Please."
The drunk puzzles over the word: enunciate. His eyes switch from left to right as the gears in his brain seem to seize up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerandor View Post
Approaching the drunk, Vale asks, "This wizard you speak of... does she happen to also be known by the name 'Mithril'?"
Ha!!! Yeeahhh!!! Mithril! The old man spins around and waves his finger at the warrior That's hish lattesst name!! Thinks he's all big and important.... before this, he was calling himself Morax....

Mithril Shmithril... Hishh name is Arrolda!! Arolda Pisgsbottom!! I've known him since he was a boy!! Let me tell you something...

DM Says:Blah blah blah... The old drunk relates how he has known Arolda/Mithril for many years and talks at length about how he is really not as good a wizard as his reputation suggests. Strangely he can bring no evidence to back up this claim. His story is heavily punctuated with burps and farts.

He then starts to tell the whole team about how he used to be an adventurer ...but then he took an arrow in the knee elbow.

Just as he starts to role up his trouser leg sleeve to show the entire tavern his scar, the door bursts open.

A tall wizard dressed in purple robes adorned ostentatiously with stars and moons stands at the door.

As he moves into the bar it appears as though his feet are not actually touching the floor but levitating within his swishing robe which cleans a path in the sawdust and spilled beer as he moves. His face is tanned and wizened, his eyes are like polished lapis, his fingers are long brown tendrils tipped with long yellowing nails.

Mithril scans the pub, picking out all you guysthe companions, sizing up each one with nods and squints.

You must be the adventurers which Leatherboots sent.

Mithril raises a hand and summons a golden goblet from thin air which floats before his eyes. He raises his other hand and a bottle of wine flies from the shelf, uncorks itself and fills the goblet.

Lets talk...

This is what Mithril looks like... Did I mention that he has curly shoes and a staff with a ball on the top..

Last edited by tealcisgod; 09-30-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:22 PM
This caption is a lie.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
"Geez-loise." Frosty smirks as he shuffles in beside his companions. "Someone call the fashion police."

He pats Bosby on the back. "Look long and hard, friend. You're staring at your own future here, and it's a total cliche. And might I say---"

"Did that man just commit theft?"
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 85
Acellus
I accept your premise of talking as long as you can politely shut the drunk man up. He is annoying everyone. Alderic states simply and walks up to the wizard. I hope you are here to explain why Leatherboots has called us. I am tired of waiting and listening to the drivel coming out of most of the patrons mouths.

Alderic looks around as if waiting for someone to say something to him.
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12
Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 PM
The Pen Is Mightier

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5731
Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex
Bosby ignores the jibes of his fellows, staring with admiration at the wizard. He is clearly both competent and accomplished.

"What is it you wish to say? Please do tell us!" he says, talking right over everyone else.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:11 AM
Bewitched by the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4211
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
I second Alderic about the waiting. I'm ready to hear what needs to be done. Finally! Vale couldn't wait for the real quest to begin.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 473
GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu
Gorm Ironhands had been patiently waiting in the bar with his classmates. While they had been going on with their antics, Gorm had gotten to the serious task of inspecting the alcohol supply. He had spend his last few gold on all the different ales the Red Dragon Inn had available, and over the past hour of waiting and watching his classmates get less patient, had tested their flavours and found most of them lacking. But he had to be sure, so he drank them anyway.

Then finally, their contact and instructor 'Mithril' arrived. Gorm peeked up keenly, cleaning his large black beard of the damage the quaffing had done to it. Much garish, the wizard looked powerful and a stand out. He grouped closer with the rest of his class as he leaned in to hear what the wizard had to say.

Last edited by GZtzu; 10-01-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:34 PM

Tools
User Statistics
OK, so this is the deal says Mithril.

My friend Taran Elderberry, a foolhardy elf of noble blood. Set out a week ago for the the ruins of Castle Demara. Now there is a story
that the Orb of Singing is somewhere in the castle and he saw it as his job to find it and put it in safe hands before Bonegnasher,
the orgre warlord and his revolting tribe of night creatures (who are currently squatting in the castle) find it and work out it's immense
power.

Now I would go to rescue Taran myself but my good friend Leatherboots has persuaded me to give the mission to the youngsters who now stand before me. I hope this is a decision I do not live to regret.

The wizard takes a sip from the wine.

Beth, this is a good vintage! Put it on my tab please!

Beth nods.

The pay is 100GP per person. I believe Leatherboots will match my offer so you will have 200. If you do find this orb, though personally I think It
was destroyed many years ago, then I will personally double that amount.

Mithril as featured in the original TSR module
Old 10-01-2012, 07:45 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acellus View Post
I accept your premise of talking as long as you can politely shut the drunk man up. He is annoying everyone. Alderic states simply and walks up to the wizard. I hope you are here to explain why Leatherboots has called us. I am tired of waiting and listening to the drivel coming out of most of the patrons mouths.
After making his speech, the wizard turns his attention to the drunk. He snaps his fingers and the drunk's clothes fall away in shreds.

Using only his hands to cover his essentials, the drunk's red face becomes redder still.

Mumbling curses, he runs out of the tavern door to the sound of jeers and laughter.

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-01-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Alderic thought about this at the bar for a moment. Should I help, Gold really has no meaning to me.

Kind sir, I ask instead that you make a donation to my church in honor of my deeds. Let them of course know it has come from Alderic.

Alderic turns to face the man directly.

I will do this because if I say no, than I will not be true to my word. I am always true to my word.
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12