RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > First Quest
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Sir Alex's Avatar
Sir Alex Sir Alex is offline
The Pen Is Mightier
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-15-2016
RPXP: 5731
Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex
Posts: 3,914
I have always wanted to get my hands on an Orb. And an Orb of...Singing? A ball that sings. That sound positively ridiculous. Think of what I could do with such an artifact! Bringing his mind back to the present, Bosby grins as his monk friend blathers about oaths and whatnot. Ah piety. Perhaps he will give it a shot himself.

"Great Wizard Mithril, I will most definitely endeavor to complete you quest. The thought of your friend Taran languishing in captivity is a lash upon my soul. I will not stand for the abuse of good folk anywhere in this land!"
Bosby glances sidelong at Alderic, smiling and raising his eyebrows.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
GZtzu GZtzu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-19-2015
RPXP: 473
GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu
Posts: 1,736
Gorm paid attention as the wizard explained their quest. A captured elf lord after a magic orb infiltrated a castle occupied by an ogre warlord. A dangerous mission, to sneak into a fortress and get the elf out without being set upon by the ogre's minions. Gorm was not too happy at first, being send into danger like this, but the prospect of making a hundred, no, two hundred gold pieces made him light up. He really, really wanted gold, and if he had to run afoul of an ogre for it, then all the better. Gorm hated ogres. And if this orb was there, another two hundred would be his. Elf. Orb. Ogre. Gorm knew what to do.

"How long has the ogre been hoarding in the castle?" Gorm asked the wizard, his eyes seeing the gold promised already, but the wealth in the castle might be even more substantial; if the ogre and his cretins had not gotten to it first.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-22-2019
RPXP: 6987
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,853
"Oh Lanna?! I know how you hate to be lied to.. I don't know why you guys are talking to this guy, but we were sent here to speak to Nethril, not Mithril. If you want him to lead us to our doom, I'll be there to catalog your demise. Your call." Eddies states very plainly, strumming some music to think by.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
"Eddie, have you fallen from a large mountain and landed directly on your head? We can not speak to someone who is nowhere near us." Alderic smiles at the man playing his instrument in the corner. "Clearly you misunderstand what is being asked of us."

Alderic turns to the barmaid Beth and mentions "Maybe Eddie needs to take a break from the drinks. He needs all the sense he can muster."

Alderic turned to the wizard. "I for one will fight any cause that needs fighting, just point and I am there Mithril."

 
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12

Last edited by Acellus; 10-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:43 AM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-22-2019
RPXP: 6987
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,853
"Ah, Alderic, we knew him well. As much wits as he had hair on his head. Actually we never were given any direction to meet a Mithril, only Netheril. So that is one vote for death.. Any others?" Eddie takes the last drag on his cigarette as he strums away, the smoke forming a chalk board that looks like a skull as a tally mark appears ...(OOC: Presditigitation)
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 10-02-2012 at 01:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-02-2012, 02:32 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Overhearing the conversation, a butch local man - possibly a blacksmith from the look of his clothes - leans over to Eddie and Alderic.

I can clear this up
he whispers.

Nethril, Mithril, Zax, Morax... they're all the same person.

His real name is Arolda Higgsbosson. He's actually a local boy from a poor family but he's ashamed, see, being a poor boy from a nothing town. Has to keep re-inventing himself... making out like he was raised by elves or astral daemons or summit. He stays in that big old tower of his and has nothing to do with the town. Doesn't come to our harvest festival or anything.

That drunk who ran out of here in his birthday suit... that's Owain, a retired trader. He really hates Arolda and can't help but wind him up, no matter how much the the wizard punishes him.

Personally I think that if he wants to keep changing his name then that's his choice but I can't deny that wizard is a pretentious pillock!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
That sound positively ridiculous. Think of what I could do with such an artifact!
DM Says:The possibilities are endless!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
When do we leave? Alderic asked clearly getting tired of the run around. If I do not get to fight something evil within 24 hours, I may have to shut the drunk up myself.

He smiled to Bosby and turned back to the bartender to keep chatting with him.
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Lightened Lightened is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-14-2013
RPXP: 54
Lightened
Posts: 134
"Nethril, Mithril, what do I care? Names do not matter, as I well know." Zanril said loudly, excited not at the thought of the reward, but at the prospect of meeting the ogres. He stood up from his chair, looking at the wizard intently. "My wizard friend, I will make sure the ogres do not go unpunished for their deeds. They will convert to the true faith, or they will be vanquished." The paladin remembered that he never saw a creature classified as 'evil' in their ranks, but he wouldn't rule it out... and if one of those ogres actually wanted to become a paladin or cleric of his faith, he wouldn't stop them. He didn't expect it though... and that was just fine with him as well. "We, and I specifically, do not look kindly upon the inherently evil, and vengeance shall be swift. What sweeter sight is there than seeing the world purged of evil at your own hands?" His speech got more and more heated up, and his eyes were almost gleaming as he looked at the round of his companions.

Last edited by Lightened; 10-02-2012 at 10:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:27 AM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-22-2019
RPXP: 6987
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,853
Eddie doesn't apologize since they were both right. While Zanril gives his speech, he gets out another cigarette and lights it up. He History Knowledge Roll
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
thinks about the artifact to see if he has heard of it before and what it does.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:45 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
OK booms Mithril in a magically enhanced voice.

DM Says:50xp for anyone who can tell me what spell he just used


I'm sick of this damned honky-tonk tavern. I'm going to assume all of you want to help me...

Mithril raises both hands in the air. Lightning shoots from his fingertips. Several glasses smash.

Again, using the magically enhanced voice he booms:

Feel the power of Nethril!!! Erm.. I mean Mithril!!!

The tavern glows with green light. The green turns to black.

~ Silence ~

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-02-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:47 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Chapter 2 - The Goblin Ambush



~ Silence ~

...and then the tweeting of birds.

DM Says:You open your collective eyes to find yourselves standing in a green clearing between three giant boulders and two great oak trees.

To the north are a bunch of trees, to the south are a bunch more trees. To the east is a path leading off toward the rolling horizon and to the west (about 500 feet) is an eerie ruined castle.

You figure straight away that the wizard has teleported you directly to Castle Damara... but something is wrong! Beth is with you!


Beth cries out That damned stupid Pigsbottom! He's mistakenly sent me on this stupid quest with you miserable bunch of lousy stoners!

Well I'm not sticking around to get myself killed with you idiots. I'm going home!


Beth storms away from the group toward the path.

Then, in slow motion you see a flaming arrow tear through the air from behind a felled log.

The arrow hums gently in the air before *thud* planting itself deep in the back of Beth's skull. Still alight, the arrow ignites Beth's hair... It burns brightly as she falls face first into the mud.

Two more arrows thunk heavily into the lady barkeep's carcass. From behind the felled tree to the west you hear You remember Ironhelm describing this laugher to you in detail during his 'Goblin Busting 101'the unmistakable laughter of goblins.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goblin ambush.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	504.0 KB
ID:	53376  

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-03-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-02-2012, 11:57 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Rules of Engagement

1) DM will roll initiative for all PCs and baddies for group combat and that order will stand for the entire battle unless otherwise stated
2) Feel free to post out of order, I will re-arrange you.
3) Slow coaches will have their attacks rolled for them.
4) If you spot an attack of opportunity coming up shout out.
5) We can tweak and adjust rules to suit the group's style so rules 1-4 are not final!

As there are still people tweaking character sheets and I can't see everyone's modifiers yet, Rule 1 is on hold so everybody role initiative please.

If you're character sheet is not finished, at least get the essentials sorted and post it in the yearbook thread If you have no character sheet, you will spend this battle being a cheerleader shouting "Go Team Asskicker! Gimme an A... Gimme an S... Gimme an S... etc"

Goblins (from top to bottom):

Goblin 1
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21

Goblin 2
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20

Goblin 3
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20

Goblin 4
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (18)+6 Total = 24

Goblin 5
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (6)+6 Total = 12


Order of Initiative (to be completed)
----------------------

Goblin #4 24
Frosty 22
Goblin #1 21
Goblin #2 20
Goblin #3 20
Vale 19
Alderic 16
Lenna 15
Edward 12
Gorm 12
Goblin #5 12
Bosby 8
Zanil 6

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-03-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-02-2012, 12:15 PM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiMaster123 View Post
Eddie doesn't apologize since they were both right. While Zanril gives his speech, he gets out another cigarette and lights it up. He History Knowledge Roll
Dice * Roll:
1d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
thinks about the artifact to see if he has heard of it before and what it does.
You think you have heard the name before... you think you heard it mentioned during one of boring old Professor McGregger's history lessons but you can't remember what he said about it.
DM Says:
Damn! If only you'd spent time learning instead of checking out Lanna's curves in class!

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-02-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
Alderic 9Xmoves
Dice Initiative:
1d20+6 (10)+6 Total = 16
towards the sound between the rocks as not to be seen as easily.

 
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12

Last edited by Acellus; 10-02-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB