RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > First Quest
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:14 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiMaster123 View Post
Eddie mulls..
Eddie's mind comes up blank. Damn spirits! Taste so good but cloud the memory!

He takes another swig...

Bingo! Goblins are illiterate! Infact they hate writing and reading... they even torture goblins who try to learn.

Eddie wonders to himself why a goblin written language even exists. Perhaps the only use a goblin would have for writing is to communicate covertly. Damn, if only he'd listened more in Goblin Crushing 101. As for the figure in the window, he/she/it has gone now and left no clue to his/her/its identity.

Meanwhile, back in The White Mountains College for Adventurers...



Ironhelm slams his fist on the table.


I don't care what that stupid wizard thinks! Those kids will come out from this adventure alive and they will rescue the elf! he roars.

Calm yourself old friend. Replied Leatherboots I'm just saying that the wizard is more devious that we think. We know for certain that he cares nothing for the elf. If he really wanted to rescue Taran Elderberry he would have gone himself. After all, he's powerful enough to blast that ogre and his monster team to pieces. Hiring our kids was just a public show... to let the realm know that he's doing something to help.

I can't wait to see his face when our students turn up at that tavern with the elf! replies Ironhelm, beaming broadly.

The door slams open and in rushes Sword Master Jordan, red faced and panting.

I have bad news... gasps the man-at-arms... one of my underworld contacts has informed me that Bonegnasher and Mithril are working together... they want Taran Elderberry killed. The orb of singing... that's a just a setupload of bollocks. Apparently Taran has information that could ruin the wizard. They want him dead.

The dwarf rises to his feet. ...but they have to do it discretely. Typical cowardly mage! Who is your source?

A lady barkeep. Former student of ours infact. Her name's Beth.

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-08-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 AM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
DM Says:Just FYI:
1) The bubbles have stopped coming from Lanna's backpack
2) Gorm is feeling mighty bouncy and good about himself. Also his rainbow beard is emitting a cherry odour and all the other PCs are feeling a very strong desire to lick it.


View of castle front.
(yeah I spelled portcullis wrong)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	castle front.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	53436  

Last edited by tealcisgod; 10-08-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
Alderic searches the front door to see if there is any way to
Dice Perception - Door:
1d20+6 (2)+6 Total = 8
open it. Also checking to make sure there are no
Dice Perception - Traps:
1d20+6 (7)+6 Total = 13
traps around. God, traps hurt.

I would advise being careful and searching for traps, before we try to enter.
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-09-2019
RPXP: 6887
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,836
Eddie snaps his fingers as they start to approach the castle.

Um, guys... That scroll was a plant. Goblins are illiterate."
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 10-08-2012, 12:48 PM
GZtzu GZtzu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-19-2015
RPXP: 473
GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu GZtzu
Posts: 1,736
Gorm strokes his beard thoughtfully as he gazes up at the castle ruin in front of him that Alderic is so quickly approaching.

"A plan huh?" He says as he notices the monk running up. "Would be better than storming a castle's front gate in our pj's."

"There must be another approach to this castle. How did it fall, does anyone know? The ogre must have had a sneaky entrance, that's what they and their ilk are like. I'll look for that in between the rockside."
he says, immediately devoting himself to industry.

He then searches the rocky approach , gazing occasionally at the castle, toying with his beard, trying to sort out the strands by colour. He was wondering what spotted them and why it had not opened fire yet. He had to work fast.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Gorm:

Gorm searches around the castle. Using both his rogue skills and his innate dwarvern knowledge of fortification and defensive construction to find an entrance. He concludes after a few minutes that if there is a secret entrance, it's definitely not round here and judging by the period of the design... it's probably several miles away.

Alderic:

The front door is a rusted heavy iron portcullis. This was once operated by a pulley mechanism but judging buy the damage and smell of monster activity, Alderic figures that the monsters that go in and out probably use one of their large brethren to lift it while smaller monsters rush in and out.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-21-2017
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
"Your beard looks very tasty. I might need a lick or two of it..." Lanna says as she suddenly is mystified by the now colorful beard.

Then a strange look appears on her face. why lick his beard when I can lick it off myself. He is a nasty man after all. Almost without thinking Lanna, drops her pack, pulls out the horn and blows it.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-09-2019
RPXP: 6887
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,836
Eddie has an urge that he can't seem to quench. He gazes upon the myriad of colors in Gorm's beard.

To Gorm, Hey buddy???? I know how ridiculous your beard looks. Why don't you let me clean that out with my music. I'll even trade you this flask of brandy I got off of Beth's body."

Eddie's eyes are bugged out and has a crazed look on his face.

Then, he sees Lanna blow the horn, "NO DEAL!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!" Eddie jumps into the stream of bubbles and rolls around on the floor, lapping at the bubbles like a dog.
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 10-08-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:33 PM
JonnyGulliver's Avatar
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver is offline
This caption is a lie.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-25-2018
RPXP: 10220
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Posts: 7,281
Frosty himself finds himself compelled by the beard. So... Tasty... and Fluffy... Pink sweetness like cotton candy... Must. Have. Beard. God, how high did I get. NO! Musn't touch Beard! Musn't... Touch...

He slowly lifts his hand toward Gorn and begins to slep slowly toward Gorm, drooling. "Beeeeeeeaaarrrd..."
__________________
On Vacation until the 15th. Internet spotty, and a lot of events planned.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
Alderic comes up to the group and smiles. "You all make me laugh." Turning the smile into more of a serious face he gets down to business. "Alright, so the gate is huge and heavy. We are not making it in that way without all of us trying. I am guessing that would be the best way if we want to get ambushed."

He looks to the clouds forming around the fort. "We could try finding a way through, or maybe under. There must be another way in. I am unsure how to persue this."
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 10-08-2012, 05:28 PM
Lightened Lightened is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-14-2013
RPXP: 54
Lightened
Posts: 134
"Well, finding a way under is my preference. So we can get inside and slaughter all those creatures... oh my, what's that?" Zanril feels the cherry odor slowly creep into his mind, erasing the hatred for chaos and evilness for now as he walks up to Gorn like automatically. "Gorn... are you by any chance a saint? This smell is holy... it is the essence of all that is good in the world... they should name you St. Gorn for your beard... St. Gorn of the Beard, that's great..." a drowsy smile takes his lips as he stands right before the dwarf now, going down on his knees and sniffing at his beard nonchalantly, smiling all the while.

Last edited by Lightened; 10-08-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 PM
tealcisgod's Avatar
tealcisgod tealcisgod is offline
We call that one Muad'Dib
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-25-2012
RPXP: 437
tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod tealcisgod
Posts: 442
Within seconds of Lanna blowing the horn, a stream of bubbles emerges. But these aren't like the beautiful multicolored bubbles that came before. These are clear and have a soapy taste.

The minds of the companions quickly turn again to the dwarf's beard.




Then... A familiar voice comes forth from the horn.

Lanna. You answered my call. I told you the horn was cursed but it is equally blessed. I got it magically altered by professor Hendrix.

Now, when you blow it, you will be able to speak with me. When anyone else blows it, the curse will manifest so be careful.

I didn't want to tell you about my alteration because I know you are so independent, I thought you might resent me looking out for you in this way.

Anyway, a few moments ago, I released some bubbles of healing from the horn (another modification Prof Hendrix made for me). The healing bubbles were a one-off and won't come again.. but if everything has gone according to plan, one of you should have a rainbow colored hand.

Heal light woundsOnce per day, that person can give healing with his or her hand. To achieve that healing, one must simply lick the hand. I know that's kind of uncouth but hey... the life of an adventurer is not all bunnies and flowers.

Now I have important news... I must be brief in case this message is ie. by a certain wizardmagically intercepted but I have reason to believe that Mithril is not all he seems. He may be aiding Bonegnasher and his companions within the castle.

I know the elf hostage is still alive... for now at least... probably just because Bonegnasher can't resist a long extended torture session... but you don't have to go through with this mission if you don't feel up to it.

There will be no shame in backing out now...
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-10-2019
RPXP: 4211
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,161
Vale attempts to
Dice Will save just for fun:
d20+1 (10)+1 Total = 11
resist the compulsion to lick Gorm's beard, but to no avail. Just as he is about to tackle down the poor dwarf, the words from the horn bring Vale back to his senses. He stops and listens carefully to the message from Prof. Hendrix. So... the wizard had tricked them after all. But give up the quest? Vale couldn't think of living that down. His father had never refused a quest, or quit one part way through. Vale had to hold himself to a higher standard. He was an adventurer, and it was his solemn duty to protect the land and it's people from chaos and destruction. Even if the rest of the group were to quit, Vale would find another way to continue on. "Prof. Hendrix, though I thank you for this vital information, I will not accept your offer to end the mission. Whether we began it on false pretense or not, there is still a life at stake, and it is our duty to finish the mission. I, for one, will be staying. Who's with me?" Vale waits patiently to hear the others responses.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; 10-08-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 10-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Acellus's Avatar
Acellus Acellus is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-19-2012
RPXP: 85
Acellus
Posts: 271
"I am not scared of a wizard and his lackies." Alderic turns to the group. "Hell, I ain't afraid of no ghosts! I hate when people lie, it makes me see so many shades of blood red, that I need to prove a point. I am with Vale, we must go on."

Alderic looks over the group. "I say we dig. We not only get in, but we surprise them." Alderic looks over to the beard of magical wonder. Why do they seem so intrigued? The years of Alderic's intense training have made him almost impervious to material, or sexy things. "You have to think that more than likely the wizard knows most of the entrances, secret or not. Living there for awhile, they have probably scanned the area a few times."

Alderic remembers back to his class Adventuring Common Sense 112, Always be wary of the obvious choice.
__________________
Davoren - Ranger - level 3 - AC 18 (T 15 F 13) HP 25
Elzira - Ranger - level 1 - AC 17 (T 14 F 13) HP 9
Kasumak - Rogue - level 2 - AC 15 (T 14 F 12) HP 23
Alderic - Monk - level 1 - AC 13 (T 13 F 11) HP 12

Last edited by Acellus; 10-08-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
ShinobiMaster123's Avatar
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 11-09-2019
RPXP: 6887
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Posts: 3,836
"Ack! Soap! I didn't say any dirty words, what the heck?!" Eddie is more upset for the fact his cigarette fell out of his mouth.

After the horn says his peace Eddie shakes his head. Why would he have a compulsion to lick the beard, he wasn't hurt. Oh we'll, what's done is done. Eddie listens to the monk's plan and shakes his head.

"When Lanna's really angry she could be as strong as any old ogre. Zanril and Vale could assist. Just lift it on up. Oh wait a minute. Lanna's just a woman. Forget it."

Eddie tries using reverse Diplomacy check if needed
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (9)+7 Total = 16
phsychology on her..
__________________
Live each day as it was your last, for one day you will be correct

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 10-08-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB