RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old 07-09-2019, 02:36 PM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 4,334
-Vic couldn't help but hide a smirk from the rather loud Alicia. The young lady was like a noisy small dog; all yip and no real bite. She was more scared then confident and was only able to bark so loudly because she though she had a bigger dog backing her up. Vic had seen it a million times working with Calvino, investigating the various Wise Guys who worked for the Boss. Normally he'd be more then happy to call them on their $hit, showing them how a real threat worked under the skin using secrets and weaknesses but it was not his place to do so with Alicia. She would learn eventually, Vic only hoped it wouldn't be too long and would not cost the young lady too deeply for the lesson.

Getting into the car Vic is momentarily startled by the sudden screaming man before he realizes what is actually happening and gives out a dejected sigh. "Why do people insist on causing problems"?
__________________
GMing: Life Within the Maw (A Sandbox Pirate Campaign)
Active Games (Playing): None.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 07-10-2019, 09:18 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 1648
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 1,539
Jennifer Brown
right-aligned image

Jennifer initially flinched at the sound of the gun tapping against the window right next to her- a primal reaction to the unexpected, coupled with the immediate, overt threat to her well-being. Or at least, it would have been a threat, had it not been for the Embrace. Getting shot was deeply unpleasant, she imagined, but unlife brought with it the rather unique perk of going through the experience and having a fair chance of surviving.

Forcing a smile, Jennifer let her hands hover above the wheel, creating the illusion she was not a threat, and was going to cooperate. 'My,' she murmured, 'did these kine ever do a bang-up job of picking their prey.' Her amusement at the band of hoodlums targeting a car containing no less than five kindred was obvious.

With her right hand, she first slowly unbuckled her seatbelt, then opened the door handle on her side. She'd be able to move more freely from a standing position and besides, she didn't want to risk these thugs scratching her ride. Meanwhile, with her left hand, she subtly retrieved the pistol from her longcoat. 'Easy now, dears,' she warned the others. 'This car isn't as important to me as the well-being of those in it.' She hoped the others got the message- the Nosferatu was to be protected. After all, she doubted they'd get another one so easily if this one was killed.

As soon as the door was open, before the thugs could get at her, the Toreador sprung into action. Grabbing her pistol she quickly pointed it at the thug who had tapped her window, and First shot: 5,5,1
Second shot: 10, 4, 9
squeezed the trigger twice, using her using two points of Celerity to give me two extra actionsvitae-given speed to move faster than any kine could hope to. Realizing the kine were still recovering from their surprise after the gun went off a second time, she turned to a second attacker and third shot; 8, 5, 6fired again.
__________________
Characters: Jennifer, Mhurren, Vall, Selanet, Baleir
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 07-10-2019, 02:19 PM
Stonk's Avatar
Stonk Stonk is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-16-2019
RPXP: 3884
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Posts: 5,487
Corbin Stanich
right-aligned image
Corbin is stunned at the brazen nature of these humans. He isn't sure what to do but suddenly the car is filled with the sound of gun fire. He fumbles around his own jacket for his gun as he doesn't want to start a blood fire near the car. He also uses his blood to protect himself, he increases his stamina. With his gun in his hand he puts his back to the nosferatu to protect him. He wants to fire, but in such a small space and with his limited skill he is worried about hitting his companions.

Sheet and RollsCharacter Sheet
Willpower: 7
Bloodpool: 12/15
Action: spend 3 blood on stamina
Rolls:
Dice Initiative Dex + Wits:
5d10 2, 8, 3, 2, 6 Total = 21

Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:10 AM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 4,334
-Vic was actually a little surprised that Jennifer was the first to take action and in such a violent manner too. "Love a woman who takes action". Normally Vic was more the type to let others flex their muscles and show off but he was also not the type to let a lady take all the risks.

Dice Pressence (DC = Target's Willpower):
6d10 3, 8, 6, 1, 5, 2 Total = 25
This is using the Entrancement Power using Vic's Appearance+Empathy for the roll. Unless the man has a really high Willpower (9+) he should be happy to help Vic for an hour or so unless his Will is 6 or lower which means he'd be a willing stooge for day or more.
Quickly looking into the eyes of the man pointing the gun into the back Vic attempted to gain control of the man. "Would you mind killing off your partners? We'll see about getting you a better job then car jacking, hmm?
__________________
GMing: Life Within the Maw (A Sandbox Pirate Campaign)
Active Games (Playing): None.

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-11-2019 at 12:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM
gotha's Avatar
gotha gotha is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 2516
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Posts: 1,671
PatPat rolls his eyes as the young thuglings point their pistols into the car.

"At least some people in this chatty town are down for some fun."he says as he Burn two blood celeritycracks his knuckles. The sound of the final knuckles snaps and his move action out of the car.door burst open with blinding speed and he descends on the the smallest lookout. Pat wraps
Dice Roll:
9d10 4, 7, 5, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 1 Total = 51
teeth one hand around the back of the man's neck and secures an over hook with the other. With a quick pivot of his feet he turns the man, putting the lookouts body in the way his companions line of site in case they attempt to open fire. Finally Pat buries his Bite
Dice Roll:
8d10 2, 5, 7, 4, 8, 7, 7, 3 Total = 43
teeth into the man's throat. It might not have the thrill of a fist to cuffs but it sure was more delicious.

Last edited by gotha; 07-11-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 07-12-2019, 12:12 PM
Zazaq Zazaq is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
Posts: 3,877
ICJennifer plays into the tension of the scene. Slowly moving out of the car, keeping her hands up, keeping her voice steady. Then that thin air of safety was shattered as she whipped out her pistol. The shock and fear were easy to read on the burly hood's face. Though as the gun went off the young kindred regretted her loose grip. The pistol flew out of her hand, into her chest, and finally clattering onto the pavement below. By the time she brought her eyes up the assailant she faced had his own weapon raised and pointed squarely at her face.

The next bullets that rang out, fortunately, weren't from his gun. Unfortunately two of the quick shots missed, the last landing squarely in the man's rib cage. Vic had quietly got his words out as the spectacle unfolded, and dominated the second gunman into a mindless thrall. One who then obediently turned his gun on a former friend, with more enthusiasm then skill.

"REX? WHAT THE-" it was then that Pat erupted from the car. Wrapping the third highjacker in his arms with ease. This one didn't have a gun, and was clearly still in his teens. He offered no real resistance as the experienced, burly kindred drained him of his blood.

It was all more then enough for the wounded gunman to turn and flee, eyes wide with terror.


OOCSo gunman #1 is wounded and sprinting away, he's just around the corner of the building on your cars left, you don't have direct line of sight. Gunman #2 is the mental thrall of Vic, and the third highjacker who did not have a gun is now a bloodless corpse. You'all are up again.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:03 PM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 4,334
Vic"Pat!", Vic yelled at the Malkavian. "The Runner! Grab the Runner! We'll take care of your leftovers"! Turning his attention back to his new employee Vic continued. "Rex, was it? Pick up that one over there and bring it in. Watch the upholstery. Jennifer, if you be so kind, be on the lookout for any rubber neckers. No need for us to be on the 6 o'clock news because of some would be paparazzi with a camera phone; especially after Pat's rather vicious ending to the situation".

"Now Rex", Vic said as his new Thrall entered the vehicle. "Why don't you tell me about yourself. Seems you at least know how to use a gun, even if we'll want to improve that aim of yours, but what else do you bring to the table"?
OOCTechnically Entrancement is less powerful then Domination, bringing on a more natural devotion to the vampire based on emotional ques rather then unquestioning control. It allows the victim to retain much of their sense of self and creativity while still creating devotion. Of course a person can still try to fight it by using willpower but that's a temporary solution.
__________________
GMing: Life Within the Maw (A Sandbox Pirate Campaign)
Active Games (Playing): None.

Last edited by taleteller50; 07-12-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 07-12-2019, 01:45 PM
gotha's Avatar
gotha gotha is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 2516
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Posts: 1,671
PatPat licked his lips and cringed when he saw the age of his victim. Any good fish-man knew to throw the small ones back for next years catch. Still though everyone liked to partake in veal once in a blue moon.
"Ran with the wrong crowd buddy" Pat said as he dropped the course remorselessly to the ground.

"yeh yeh yeh.... I got em" Pat mumbled irked at the wise guys's tone even if he was right.

Pat would rather a fight than a hunt, but pickings had been slim of late. Pat gave burn two more bloodchase with an exciting grin, slipping his spiked knuckles around his hand as he turned the corner, in a flash in front of his fleeing victim. Pat smirked evilly, he had been itching throw hands and he finally had the chance. In quick succession he slammed
Dice Roll:
8d10 5, 1, 9, 8, 4, 6, 3, 5 Total = 41
Dice Roll:
8d10 6, 2, 5, 1, 2, 9, 10, 6 Total = 41
two right hand leads into the thugs face, relishing the sound of bones cracking and the shower of blood.

Last edited by gotha; 07-12-2019 at 01:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 07-15-2019, 05:32 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 1648
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 1,539
Jennifer Brown
right-aligned image

'Blimey,' Jennifer pouted at her own abysmal performance. Dropping her gun like that- almost ending up a bullet riddled corpse because of it... A walking, talking corpse, certainly, but the bullet riddled part would have been less than ideal. Ashamed, she picked the gun back up, seeing their assailant run off. That was something she could not allow- especially with Pat deciding to have himself a little midnight snack. It was an efficient enough way of disposing of the thug, but it did mean they could not risk leaving any witnesses.

'I have a better idea, sweetheart,' she said in response to Vic's plan. It was a sound plan, but she was much quicker on her feet. 'Keys are in the ignition. Clean this mess up- we'll catch up with you at the house.'

Not waiting for a response, Jennifer once again let the blood run faster through her veins, and sprinted after the fleeing gunman. The vitae made the world around her seem slow, almost, nothing more than a lazy, boring haze. The sensation made her intended target all the more appealing. In her perception, the only thing left in existence which mattered was her prey, as everything else blended into a tiresome mess which could no longer affect her.

Once she caught up to him, Jennifer Sweep roll: 3,1,4,4,4,9,8
Damage roll: 2
jumped up and brought her heel down on the back of the thug's knee, knocking him to the ground. She wouldn't hurt him, but she'd bring him to the ground- which was the important thing. 'Pat, dearest,' she called out playfully. She could tell the Malkavian was looking for something to vent his pent-up aggression on. Best let him have his way- she wasn't that hungry anyway. 'I have a little present for you here, darling!'
__________________
Characters: Jennifer, Mhurren, Vall, Selanet, Baleir
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM
Zazaq Zazaq is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
Posts: 3,877
ICVic gets a better look at the last standing gunman as he picks up the body and heaves it into the trunk. He looks to be in his early twenties, with a robust, but not overly muscular build. His face has a clenched look to it, which becomes more apparent as he takes a questioning look. "Uh, I know the area pretty well, you know which crews run which streets. I got a good thing going with Sammy, he runs a chop shop near here, gives me a special rate on the cars I bring him. Um... I could probably get you a sit down with Little Jim if you wanted?" he offers. "I don't know like, what are you lookin for?" he asks.

-----------------------------------------

The final gunman flew to the ground, he hadn't even finished his first bounce off the pavement when Pat fell upon him like an avalanche. Two hard punches and the aggressive muscular man was transformed into a twitching body waiting for the relief of death.

"Well, if this isn't just what I was hoping to find," the figure wasn't ten yards away, strolling carelessly down the sidewalk towards the both of you. Just over 6 feet tall, lean frame covered by a cheap charcoal suit, eyes locked firmly on the man you'd incapacitated. One long arm scrapes against the wall as he approaches you, the wide smile on his face becoming visible as he gets closer. "Why don't you two go ahead and scram-" his arm suddenly rips from the brick wall in a cloud of dust, a blast of gravely stone hits the ground at your feet like buckshot! Its only ifwhen you don't leave immediately that he slows his stride the slightest bit. "Don't you worry kids I don't talk to cops, and this little morsel's never talking to anyone again," he promises, laughing and running his tongue over his top row of teeth visibly. No doubt intentionally showcasing the two protruding fangs. "Now scram," he warns, voice perking just a bit.






Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Yesterday, 04:36 PM
taleteller50's Avatar
taleteller50 taleteller50 is offline
I await a great tale
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 4600
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Posts: 4,334
VicKeeping his collar popped and a hat on to hide his face in case somebody was recording them Vic pointed towards the front of the vehicle. "For now why don't you get behind the wheel and take us somewhere I'll tell you about once we're rolling.
We've got your boy to take care of first and the lady said she'd meet up with us later
".

Once Rex was inside Vic leaned towards the front from the back and directed him somewhere across town. "[b]Assuming Infuence (Organized Crime) OO would allow for such knowledge.It's a cleaner I know who runs a different kind of 'chopshop'. He's connected to a dog food factory and is usually happy to mix the meat when someone needs to disappear.

"So you're one of Little Jim's guys? Haven't met him myself, I only know of him through my other connections with the Lucchese family but if I need to get in touch with him I'll keep you in mind. Got to admit, Carjacking ain't usually my jam, more about clubs and bars myself, but have you ever thought of bouncing? I've got a new place starting up and could use some decent muscle to keep it running smooth. Might not make you as much as jacking cars but it'll be a hell of a lot safer for you and club girls as far as the eye can see. If not I can always call in a favor and get you in with a better crew. What do you say"?
__________________
GMing: Life Within the Maw (A Sandbox Pirate Campaign)
Active Games (Playing): None.

Last edited by taleteller50; Yesterday at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Today, 04:56 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 1648
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 1,539
Jennifer Brown
right-aligned image

Had Jennifer still had a heartbeat, it would be pounding at the sight of the newcomer. Lacking one, she instead simply raised her eyebrows, momentarily silenced by the newcomer's raw, animalistic power. For a moment she could not help but stay entirely still, simply staring at the approaching man in awe. Then, her sense of self-preservation overrode the feelings of terror and admiration vying for control of her mind, and her smile widened.

'Well now,' she brought out, somehow managing to sound more confident than she was. 'If a gentleman offers to clean up my mess for me, who am I to reject his offer? Come along Pat, you've had your fun.' She turned her back to the kindred and the thug sprawled out on the concrete, gently placing her fingers on the Malkavian's biceps. 'Let's go and see how the others are doing, shall we?' Her voice was calm, but with her eyes, wide with panic, she screamed for Pat to follow. This was not a prize worth having, and she was quite sure they couldn't win it if they tried.

'Bon appetit,' she offered, throwing one last smile over her shoulder before walking away, as quickly as she could without drawing any more of the man's attention away from his meal.
__________________
Characters: Jennifer, Mhurren, Vall, Selanet, Baleir
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Today, 09:23 AM
gotha's Avatar
gotha gotha is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-17-2019
RPXP: 2516
gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha gotha
Posts: 1,671
PatPat lifted his gaze from the pummeled thug to give Jennifer grateful nod only to find her frozen, her steel poise having the rare pause of a predator not use to being prey. Pat hears the man coming behind him scraping, something horrible against the wall sending debris flying. Part of Pat is relishing a challenge, the other part screaming sense to his blood lust. Pat tilts his head cracking his neck then turns to face the man. Jennifer’s tongue was already wagging her poise returned. The pugilist did not even have to glare at the beastly form of the man a second for his more sensible half to win out. Even he was not that suicidal.

Pat cracked his knuckles "We even tenderized him for ya" The Malchavian joked, keeping his gaze upon the newcomer as he moved closer. Pat nodded to his colleague’s suggestion and followed her out, careful with his step like a child not trying to spook a rabid dog.

Last edited by gotha; Today at 09:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB