... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 06-19-2018, 01:52 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29135
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
I hadn't checked before I posted my comment either. I know what you mean, it's like trying to remember the words to a song if a different song is already stuck in your head.

Watch an episode of Gilmore Girls first, then come back to it. That should cleanse the palette!
Old 07-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
Happy July, fiction fans! Summer (here in the northern hemisphere at least) is in full-swing and it's time for a new installment of the RPGX Monthly Short Story Competition!

We've got 2 very excellent entries to vote on for June, and a fun little challenge for July.

Don't be shy! Show us a little of that creativity of yours by entering a story for July!!
Old 08-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33588
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
July's competition was a bust, in the sense that no one submitted us any work. That's rather boring, friends. I'd like to hope for a better response to August's competition, yes?
Old 08-01-2018, 04:17 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
CONGRATULATIONS, Aethera, for winning June's vote! And welcome back!

I sure hope you didn't jinx yourself by saying you'd have the bandwidth to operate the SSC, then boom with the migraine. Take good care!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:51 AM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
I was about due for the next one that put me out of commission for several days... they happen periodically, so it's not your fault for encouraging me to take it back. I guess I get to pick topics for this month and next month, since July doesn't have a winner. Here's hoping I come up with interesting things worth exploring.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:32 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16737
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
So Aethera, should this month's challenge still say RPGX Short Story Contest #99 - July 2018 like last month or be updated to RPGX Short Story Contest #100 - August 2018? Also, on the challenges, does it have to be that For example, a flagword/phrase or can it be an For a flag, use the pirates raised their traditional sign of boarding the far off ship.implied version?

-GT
Old 08-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
That would be a typo, I'll fix it now. Looks like we finally made it to number 100. On the challenge elements, either works, that's your call. They are challenge elements for a reason. I imagine you could get away with even more obscure a reference ("his words set off all sorts of red flags in her head") and it'd work.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:55 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3101
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Posted for the 100th........missed a challenge element, but the last was hard to really figure in.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:52 PM
MoonZar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20169
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
Posted for the 100th........missed a challenge element, but the last was hard to really figure in.
Nice work!
Old 09-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Folks! I meant to cover for Aethera who is having schedule difficulties, and suffered a bit of unexpected unavailability myself! I'm going to set up the voting thread and turn over the contest today. Thanks for your patience!
Old 09-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16737
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
Wait, you mean life happens outside of RPGX?
Hope things get better for both of you and life settles back into a normal routine.

-GT
Old 09-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, GT. Routine, yes, starting to. Normal... not even close. I don't know when I'll next be able to post on RPGX, things are that crazy.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:46 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53573
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
Hey there, I know this place is pretty quiet lately, but...

Here's a chance to SHINE!

If you'd like to submit a short story to be featured in the upcoming Explosive Runes, please contact me. We will be publishing right around Christmas, so it can be winter/holiday themed, OR, just any cool story.

Doesn't have to be recent, could be anything from the past you want to dig up, dust off, and let us have. We love content of any kind!
Old 10-27-2018, 06:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Lightfoot Lightfoot
Hey everyone... Just thought I might introduce myself. I'm Lightfoot.

So, is the August competition still running? Or, has it been resolved?

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:37 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Dirkoth

Tools
User Statistics
Apologies, Lightfoot, it has definitely finished accepting entries, but the two mods (myself and ItsaVerb) who are most involved in keeping this competition running both had failed encounters with RealLife(TM) at the end of August. I hope to get a November competition running on the 1st, but knowing how life has been lately, I'll have something go terribly wrong on Halloween.

We will try and get a few things cleaned up/fixed up/going in the days ahead. Until then, welcome! We look forward to reading your stories.