Old 06-28-2020, 06:26 PM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 807
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherDragoon View Post
This is what sold it for me. A guaranteed spot in a system I've been itching to try. I don't expect to win, probably won't make it to round 2 but hopefully, I play well enough that the next time a fixer of Mr. J is looking to put together a crew, they remember my name.
Same! I'm way too new at this to do a competent job, but it's nice to give it a try all the same. And Imveros was right when he said there's nothing to lose by entering anyway.

Gotta say, one good thing about getting kicked out before round 2 is that I won't need to keep reading the 5th ed core rulebook! I'd heard it was a beast of a document but I wasn't really prepared for quite how much of a beast it is. Been reading it for weeks now and I'm not even one fifth of the way through it. I feel a bit like I'm living out that stress dream that other people have where they turn up for an exam but they haven't read any of the textbooks (I don't have that particular stress dream. I have stress dreams about the zombie apocalypse).
Old 06-28-2020, 06:55 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17922
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Heh.

Good for you and rock on. Me, I won the prototype contest that would become Outplay but never have won an actual one so I'm trying to correct that. If I win, might retire from these as a player and go as a judge. Seems like the poetic thing to do.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:45 PM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2116
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Quote:
I'd heard it was a beast of a document but I wasn't really prepared for quite how much of a beast it is. Been reading it for weeks now and I'm not even one fifth of the way through it. I feel a bit like I'm living out that stress dream that other people have where they turn up for an exam but they haven't read any of the textbooks (I don't have that particular stress dream. I have stress dreams about the zombie apocalypse).
I know what you mean, I've been working my way through it for months and that's with skipping over the bits that didn't apply to the characters I had in mind. That's funny about the stress dreams, before and right after my first son was born I had frequent zombie apoc dreams.

Quote:
If I win, might retire from these as a player and go as a judge. Seems like the poetic thing to do.
I'll be rooting for you then, so you can ride off into the sunset in style.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:36 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3825
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
And it's not even the biggest beast out there. My Mage: The Ascension 20th Anniversary PDF is 698 pages. It'll probably see me through my retirement to interpret that damned thing.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:08 PM
An Actual Goat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14358
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Is it worse than the PF2e book, though? It's, I dunno, somewhere around 600 I think, and it skipped the "logical editing" step before going to the publishing house. I'm pulling my hair out every other day trying to get to the bottom of this rule or that rule.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:13 PM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2116
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
That 20th Aniversary Mage is sitting on my hard drive along with countless others I picked up from drive thru rpg when they were ridiculously discounted that maybe one day I'll have time to actually read through. Possibly.

"Logical editing" was skipped over in the Shadowrun book as well, in some instances, it will direct you to a certain page for a rule only to find out the actual segment you need is three pages back. But, it does have wonderful fluff.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 662
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
I have a question about Shadowrun 5e rules. I have a character. I want him to be very stealthy. I thought I read in the rules that I could buy ranks in Stealth as a family, and that would give me ranks in all stealth skills. Can someone clarify this?

Last edited by TADHG; 07-01-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29300
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Fist thing, runner generation is closed. No further changes can be made to what you have submitted.

Second, yes there are several skill groups. Packages of skill bundled together at a reduced karma cost, some more valuable than others.

But as mentioned the window has closed on runner modifications

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 07-01-2020, 06:18 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 662
TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG TADHG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Fist thing, runner generation is closed. No further changes can be made to what you have submitted.

Second, yes there are several skill groups. Packages of skill bundled together at a reduced karma cost, some more valuable than others.

But as mentioned the window has closed on runner modifications
Yes, I'm aware it is closed for OutPlay. This is about a different character I'm working on. Wasn't sure where to ask.

Last edited by TADHG; 07-01-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Whoops, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'd suggest you ask on the Shadowrun community page! I've done my best to funnel the site's Shadowrun players there and they'll be more than happy to answer your questions

Old 07-02-2020, 05:43 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9494
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
That right there looks like a judge who doesn’t have confidence in the outplay players!

(FYI, I am making a joke, clearly they are shamelessly self-promoting which I personally find abhorrent and would never EVER do!)

[P.P.S still joking, never take me seriously...except when I’m serious, it’s all very clear]
Old 07-04-2020, 04:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Shadowrun mechanics feedback has been sent!

If you've received none that means your good to go!

I know some of you wanted feedback on your fluff as well, but we wanted to make sure that no one had an unfair advantage going into the roleplaying round. I will be happy to offer feedback at the end of the competition should you still be interested

Old 07-05-2020, 08:54 AM
Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2015
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Its tomorroowww!!

Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone and thanks in advance to all the Judges/GMs for comiting their time to this, I'm really looking forward to taking part
Old 07-05-2020, 08:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13070
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
Btw, at which time tomorrow will the game start?
Old 07-05-2020, 09:44 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21783
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Btw, at which time tomorrow will the game start?
I will post the threads live late tonight (EST). Probably around 11pm-ish, just before heading to bed. You will have all of Monday to do your first post. The first DM update will come Tuesday. For me, that will be early morning, probably around 7:30 - 8 am EST. If everyone has posted fast enough, I MAY do Tuesday's update late Monday night instead. But, again, only if everyone has posted.

After that, I expect my updates will normally be between 8 - 10 am EST the rest of the week. (For D&D 5E. Wynamoinen will be handling some of the D&D responsibilities as well. Imveros will let you guys know his posting schedule for SR)