RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-07-2020, 12:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29300
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAquilina View Post
UPDATE on tooling: I gave on on wine for getting Chummer working; ended up just using Parallels and running it in a Windows VM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackfyre View Post
Another SR question: what's the year supposed to be?
2077, the sweet spot for 5th edition.

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 06-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9494
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Wyn that’s actually why I posted this suggestion as the Outplay runner specifically said in their judge bio that they don’t want to do a ton of reading. So I figured if you each posted a link to what you are looking for in your bios then players would have an idea of the style/content each judge is looking for. It sounds like this year will skew differently than last year and thought the beginning time was a perfect opportunity to get everyone on the same page.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:02 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21783
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
the Outplay runner specifically said in their judge bio that they don’t want to do a ton of reading.

I did put a little clarification there in my Bio. (Although, I have always been honest that reading and writing were never big hobbies of mine. I have had to develop those a lot, a player here on RPGx to accommodate my love of D&D).

I'll dig around and find some posts that fit my personal preference. Again, I'll state, these things can be subjective. We don't want people just copying/pasting past entries because they think it will fit what a judge wants to see.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:41 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9494
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Of course, it's expected to see different things, but having an idea what is expected is always nice. Subjectivity is fine, but knowing where that comes from is helpful.

I bring this up because I personally was chastised for my post quality last year and ended up writing in a different way for every post than normal so I was hoping to use my experiences to help this year's entrants. That's all.

EDIT: This is not me coming down on the past judging either, I was not giving what was wanted, but I didn't know that so I'm trying to help people this year.

Last edited by Scimmy; 06-07-2020 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 04:04 PM
Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2015
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Woo, hey guys! I'm gonna try to apply for 5e- time and kick-ass character idea permiting- but will be cheering on from here eitherway!

Last edited by Wishkamon; 06-07-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:21 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10989
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
All players with completed applications may compete in Round 1
I love this idea! It might make the first week hard on the judges if there are a lot of applicants. But it gives players a chance to get past the 'people didn't like my character so I didn't get in' phase. Good Job

I put it off but it's time to get to work on my character for Shadowrun!
Street Scum for Shadowrun was a surprise but one I'm going to enjoy. It's time for me to feel the pain that I put all my players threw in creating a character for the Street Scum game I'm running.

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 06-08-2020 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-08-2020, 12:43 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17922
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Oooo! Outplay is Back!

Not going to say I'm definitely in this year - but the old-timers will tell you I won the prototype competition that would become Outplay but never won an Outplay itself.

Might be a wee bit obsessed as a result. A bit. :P
Old 06-08-2020, 06:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29300
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Yup silk, there's a reason I'm taking that first week off from work. It's going to be a doozy for sure and I mean that in the best possible way. Looking forward to what you come up with

Yeah gleeful this year is your year for sure! Two winners this year so twice the chance to win! Not to mention the fact that you're a Shadowrun pro and an Outplay pro. You've got this in the bag

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 06-08-2020, 07:00 AM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3825
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Hoo boy, a lot of site heavyweights amassing already. I should've waited a little longer before deciding on a concept, I'm going to spend weeks second-guessing whether it's going to compare.

Will be a heck of a competition to read along with either way, though.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:01 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10989
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I just wanted to mention that if anyone using chummer for a Shadowrun submission might want to save the file on a different post not in Outplay to preserve your anonymity as it puts it at the bottom of your post plain as day if you're using the site's management feature.
Copying the link address from right-clicking on the pdf file and clicking on 'Open link in new tab' doesn't give you the correct address, but if you choose 'Copy link address', that will work.

It took me a bit to figure that out so I figured I'd pass it along. Not something I do often here

"Learn from your mistakes, repeat only as needed, live long and prosper."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE

Last edited by Silk; 06-08-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14102
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotsuSama View Post
Hoo boy, a lot of site heavyweights amassing already.
Who you calling fat?

Last edited by Phettberg; 06-08-2020 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Σ͑͒͌̏̍͞҉̻͎̙͈̯͔͖̟

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9246
Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin Gaijin
I have a good feeling about the competition this year! Looking forward to seeing the applications!
Old 06-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3825
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Who you calling fat?
It's okay, we've all been cultivating mass during lockdown. Totally natural. That's what I tell myself, anyway.
Old 06-08-2020, 07:14 PM
not a fish

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7743
rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber rhaiber
This will be my first time Outplaying, but I seem to have a bit more time on my hands this year. Can't wait to join ranks with the rest o' y'all!
Old 06-09-2020, 10:05 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21783
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
If I could make a suggestion, would the judges be willing to add a or some links to their bios to posts they find fit what they are looking for during outplay? that will help the players focus their writing a bit to the length, breadth, and style that is expected.
Per your request, I put 3 examples up in my Bio that showcase what I am looking for. Hopefully, this helps some. I will leave it up to the other judges if they want to do this or not, as it takes a fair bit of work, and every possible post of course has some shortcomings as well as greatness.