Game Thread Fires Over Brinestump - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Jade Regent
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 12:38 AM
The Fool's Avatar
The Fool The Fool is offline
This Quintessence of Dust
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 14th, 2022
RPXP: 3971
The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool
Posts: 4,523
Reynard chuckles. "You mean you have a duty," he says irreverently, drawing his chained kamas. "Walthus has several duties. Specifically, he's got several 'duties' left on the ground outside his shack by a creature that has either incontinence or a juvenile sense of humor. Perhaps we should check out the north end of the mound and clear out the area before we go conducting funeral rites? It's not like the poor fellow is going anywhere."
__________________
Posting will be slow of late due to Law School.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
The group slowly edges their way around in a circle, careful to keep cover between them and the mound. Having scouted out the entire mound now you know that it is roughly 10ft in diameter, and has a small opening on the northern side. You have seen nothing alive around the mound, or in the swamp nearby (other than the usual insects and rats), but the interior of the mound is too dark to see anything from here. "Never seen anything like it. But I'm game to check it out if you are?" asks Walthus, running a finger along the string of his bow.

OOC:Hole is big enough to walk through, but you'll have to stoop fairly low.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 08:22 AM
Ehlana's Avatar
Ehlana Ehlana is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 9442
Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana
Posts: 4,648
Chime rolls her eyes. "If those are boar bones, Emiri, I'm going to laugh at you for a whole week. They sorta look like dinner to me." She shakes her head. "And I agree with Reynard, if you -must- bore one on about duty, bore on about your duty to -stop- whatever made those bones, assuming they belonged to sentient creatures. If I were killed by something, I'd be a lot more interested in seeing my murderer punished than caring about what happened to my bits. Especially since some of those bits, in this case, would be in the "duties" Reynard mentioned. Are you going to bury those too?"

Heaving a dramatic sigh, she mutters a few phrases and makes the shape of her body in the air with her hands. Glittering, translucent spangles cover her body again, armoring her against attack. "And yes, Walthus. I am quite game to check this place out."
__________________
"Your issues are not your teddy bear. Stop cuddling them to your chest and throwing a fit when people try to take them away."
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:49 AM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
"Mock if you wish," Emiri says as he begins to sift through the pile, "But justice is separate from true rest. Even if we may never know whose bones these were, they still deserve the proper rites. However, I would not enter that lair with such haste. Perhaps put some light inside and see what scuttles out?"

OOCDo you want me to roll Heal or something to determine the origin of the bones? I don't have any applicable Knowledge skill.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,321
"Never seen anything like it. But I'm game to check it out if you are?"

Xiao winced as he thought over what this game could possibly be. Does he mean to say he is prey? He shrugged his shoulders as he watched curiously as Chime once again utilized her strange qi. Her sparkling form was mesmerizing, and even somewhat amusing. But no smile crept to his face. I guess I am prey as well. In two fluid motions he removed his cloak, pack, and hat and set it neatly on the ground.

"Perhaps put some light inside and see what scuttles out?"

Seems like a good enough plan.

Wordlessly, Xiao digs through his pack to remove a lantern along with a flask of oil. In a smaller compartment of his pack he removed the flint and steel. In a short moment, he had the lantern burning brightly with the oil and flint put safely away. As he held the lantern out in front of him, he felt the stiffness in his injured, tattooed arm. At least it still works. With little regards for stealth, the monk begins to walk towards the mound entrance, the bell in his hair sounding off a couple times from his brisk shifting.The large wooden beads on his wrist and neck clacked along as well.

Well...come out my friend...
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Mar 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM
The Fool's Avatar
The Fool The Fool is offline
This Quintessence of Dust
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 14th, 2022
RPXP: 3971
The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool The Fool
Posts: 4,523
Reynard watches Xiao take out the lantern and shrugs. If the tipsy monk wants to go be a shiny distraction, the young rogue sure wasn't going to object. As Xiao makes his way for the cave entrance, Reynard crouches as he moves, carefully and soundlessly creeping along the edge of the mound and pausing just around the edge of the cave mouth. Readying his kamas, he waits, tense and ready.
__________________
Posting will be slow of late due to Law School.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Mar 3rd, 2012, 11:01 PM
Ehlana's Avatar
Ehlana Ehlana is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 3rd, 2023
RPXP: 9442
Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana Ehlana
Posts: 4,648
"I generally do wish." Chime smiles brilliantly, and positions herself a good few feet away from the entrance, but where she can see it clearly. That's always where magic is most effective. "Be careful, Xiao." She cautions, a tiny frown appearing on her face before she buries it in another smile. "I know you like to keep all the fun to yourself, but remember that it's always nice to share your toys with your friends. If there's something nasty in there, you come running out so we can -all- play with it."
__________________
"Your issues are not your teddy bear. Stop cuddling them to your chest and throwing a fit when people try to take them away."

Last edited by Ehlana; Mar 3rd, 2012 at 11:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB