Game Thread The First Steps are the Easiest - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Whispers in the Dark
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Nov 8th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Chiima's Avatar
Chiima Chiima is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2011
RPXP: 3709
Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima
Posts: 1,012
Last night is going to be worth stories for years... Or at least a couple good memories to hold on to when the real work starts. Inaya kept her promise though, and when she rises for morning prayers has little worse than a dry mouth to contend with. Unable to see the sunrise, she finds a spot at the window where she can feel the heat of a sunbeam on her face and whispers her devotions.

Inaya is asking about Shaine's location when familiar chatter announces the arrival of a certain gnome and halfling. "Dawn's blessing!" The keleshite greets cheerfully, and then lifts her head as she catches a glimpse of Kamir trailing in. Her lips turn up at the corners. At least he can still walk on his own.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 08:37 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
The new day found Gian as it normally would have. Unlike some of his companions, he had kept his word and managed to stay sober. However, his sobriety didn't seem to help much in the face of the things he'd seen and done last night just to keep a reign on everyone. He still had no idea how they managed to procure a carriage or why they needed a pot-bellied pig, but it seemed that these kinds of things must be normal, otherwise Gian was sure that they'd broken more than a few laws...

Shaking away the memories and clearing his head, Gian went strait into his usual morning routine. As he dressed though, he noted with some distaste that he'd have to miss breakfast in order to meet with Shaine and the others at what he considered an appropriate time. Once he was fully dressed and in his armor, Gian dashed out his door to meet his fellows. The fact that Gian was the last to arrive irked him a bit, but anyone who knew the Chelaxian well enough could have felt a palpable sense of anticipation from him.

"Are we all prepared then?" Gian asked, looking everybody over for any signs of ill preparedness. Naturally his eyes settled on the haggard Kamir the longest.

Last edited by corporealself; Nov 9th, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
Desi takes a bite out of a peach that you have no idea where it came from. Swallowing before she speaks, "Of course." She says with a chirp before taking another bite.
__________________
~Luc

Last edited by Elucidus; Nov 9th, 2010 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM
DineDel's Avatar
DineDel DineDel is offline
Little Green Riding Hood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2012
RPXP: 55
DineDel
Posts: 374
The keleshite nods towards Gian letting out a hoarse moan.

Why the gardens? Kamir thinks Aren't there enough dark and silent dungeons around here that we had to meet this guy here? Suddenly his gaze stops on Inaya Perhaps if... Nah.. I'll need my eyes after this hangover
__________________
Праудь Стюдэнд Оф SNOT:WWAD
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Chiima's Avatar
Chiima Chiima is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2011
RPXP: 3709
Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima
Posts: 1,012
"Short of being saddled and out the gates, I don't think there is any way I could be more prepared for our first mission as Pathfinders," Inaya answers Gian; earnest, if a bit teasing of their straight and narrow guardian. She catches Kamir's look, but not the thought behind it. "Kamir," the oracle sympathizes. "I did offer last night..." She gathers her will and lets an orision spark on her fingers, and then puts it out and withdraws her hand. "But today I want to keep everything I've got in reserve until I know what's expected of us."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Nov 9th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Finder of Paths's Avatar
Finder of Paths Finder of Paths is offline
& Treasure!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 1st, 2011
RPXP: 437
Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths
Posts: 219
Neji gazes at the peach hungrily, her stomach rumbling to match. Swinging her backpack around to be infront of her, she says "Apple!" and thrusts one hand into a side pocket of the ragged old thing, and instantly pulls out an apple. There's a bit of silver dust on one side of the apple, but she blows it off and rubs it on her chest, not fussed in the least. Between juicy bites the little gnome says "So where's Shiane? I'm really excited for our first day!" That last part really didn't need to be said, the gnome was usually excited about most things, but today there was that glint in her eye...the one that says you should stay away from the west wing for awhile, just incase the alchemy lab blows up again.
__________________
Very sick at the moment, posting only rarely when I can think clearly.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:15 AM
Chiima's Avatar
Chiima Chiima is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2011
RPXP: 3709
Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima Chiima
Posts: 1,012
"I was speaking with a few people," Inaya volunteers at the question. "And it seems our mentor is currently outside in the gardens. Yes, at this time of year." The keleshite makes a puzzled expression, and gestures with one hand to the nearest door outside. "If we're all so very ready, well, I guess we had best get this out of the way." The woman aims herself outside to meet with Shaine where the elf supposedly is, keeping an eye on her team the whole way. After all, they're likely to spot the target before she can, and Inaya knows it.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:50 AM
DineDel's Avatar
DineDel DineDel is offline
Little Green Riding Hood
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2012
RPXP: 55
DineDel
Posts: 374
Taking a deep breath, Kamir starts moving with the group towards the garden whispering curses against elves, gardens and winter.

Upon arrival he adds snow to the list of thing he curses against.
__________________
Праудь Стюдэнд Оф SNOT:WWAD
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
Gian waved off the jovial jab and ignored the grumblings of his stomach as he watched Neji and Desi eat, "Agreed"

With that said Gian took the lead and kept his eyes peeled, silently agreeing with Kamir's muttering the whole time.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 03:51 PM
MCP's Avatar
MCP MCP is offline
Master Control Program
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 18th, 2011
RPXP: 110
MCP MCP
Posts: 254
The outside world, to you, is a blinding wasteland of snow and ice perfectly mirroring the bright star up in the sky's radiance. It takes several seconds to become used to this outside world, but upon your eyes adjusting the lot of you are given the view of the courtyard.

Trees, a few of them clinging to a sparse handful of leaves apiece, are covered in snow from a snowfall having taken place last night. The rocks and shrubs are similarly blanketed, the paths having been dug out by initiates in the morning. It is upon those paths that you spy a single figure, tall and willowy as many Elves are, possessed of platinum blonde hair and large, wondering eyes who currently has only one of his arms in his brown longcoat as he wanders from one tree to the next inspecting closely but not removing those dried, orange leaves from the lower boughs of the trees. Speaking to himself in a fluting, lilting language you may identify as Elven. Should you speak the language, he does seem to be making mental notes of the state of said leaves and their possible choices for remaining aloft.
__________________
End of line.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Nov 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
Desi walks up to him
Dice Stealth:
1d20+18 (18)+18 Total = 36
queity,. She stands near him as tall as she can, trying to look at the same leaves as him without being noticed initially.

Then she suddenyl speaks fairly loudly. "Whatcha lookin' at?" She asks, her voice even more charming in Elven.
__________________
~Luc
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 08:17 AM
MCP's Avatar
MCP MCP is offline
Master Control Program
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 18th, 2011
RPXP: 110
MCP MCP
Posts: 254
A slight pause, perhaps skipping half a beat, before the Elf turns his wide almond eyes to the little one and regards her with slightly unsettling gaze before responding. "I am observing. It involves very little speech or stealth. You simply allow your eyes to drink in the wonder of life around you and your mind of its own accord attempts to correlate the action with a reason despite the distinct possibility that there is none."
__________________
End of line.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Finder of Paths's Avatar
Finder of Paths Finder of Paths is offline
& Treasure!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 1st, 2011
RPXP: 437
Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths Finder of Paths
Posts: 219
"Like the whirls and bubbles that form when you get an extract just right?" says Neji, cocking her head to one side as she tries to understand what the dreaming elf is on about. "Or the way the flame flickers to the draft in the west wing laboratories?" It's highly unlikely anyone else has seen either of these things, but Neji is prone to bringing up alchemy whenever and wherever. She hums quietly whilst thinking, still trying to understand, but quickly gets bored of that and switches gears. "Oh well! Anyway, Shiane we're here because apparently you have a mission for us, our first one ever as full pathfinders!" All smiles, the little gnome has again become an excitable ball of energy.
__________________
Very sick at the moment, posting only rarely when I can think clearly.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Elucidus's Avatar
Elucidus Elucidus is offline
Sky Monkey
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 15th, 2022
RPXP: 7097
Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus Elucidus
Posts: 7,345
OOCSorry the elf wouldn't know I was using stealth. Sometimes people are just surprised, especially when they are so concentrating.
"Yes, Yes, I know, What are you observing?" Desi, asks excitedly, almost like she had never been out before.
__________________
~Luc

Last edited by Elucidus; Nov 13th, 2010 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Nov 13th, 2010, 04:11 PM
MCP's Avatar
MCP MCP is offline
Master Control Program
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 18th, 2011
RPXP: 110
MCP MCP
Posts: 254
OOCHow would you know that, precisely? It could be a simple turn of phrase, or he could (using logic) assume that she snuck up on him since she wasn't there and then simply appeared at his side. Hell, he could even have an item on him that gives him tremorsense or scent. Bad form to tell a DM what someone can and cannot do.
__________________
End of line.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB