Game Thread The Wormwood Mutiny - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Skulls and Shackles
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Feb 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
Kaelan doesn't bother to hide the frustration on his face. "As you wish, First Mate Plugg." The young man responds while inclining his head slightly. In his mind he goes over the various ways to tamper with the man's food, from simple spit to things far more unsavory. Spinning on his heels smartly the would-be pirate finally grins once he is out of sight of the others. It would not do to clue the others in on his thoughts until he learned who could be relied on, and who couldn't.

Once below decks he finds the cook straight away. Kaelan knew that before he could do anything that he has to watch, learn and bide his time. Finally in front of his new overseer, the youngest Crimsonblade gives his most charming smile. "Well met, master cook. I've been assigned ta' be your assistant. Though I daresay preparing food isn't my specialty. What can i help you with?" It burns the soul of the rogue to be so subservient. But at the moment it appears he has little choice in the matter.
 
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.

Last edited by Cidolfas; Feb 23rd, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,943
Skyfingers heads off to his assigned post. The knot work goes well enough, and he finds himself talking to the crewmates around him in between ropings. "You work well. Are there ones here who are injured. I would dare say that those whilst working under a captain's orders, on a ship like this, should be tended to first. I would like to think that Beshaba would find this acceptable."

When he spoke her name, his hands were visible, and he looked out to the waters, not to any crewman in particular.

When his knotting was finished, the little man was absolutely exhausted.

oocShort post as I've got limited site access. Will be going the Influence route with today's RP. If anyone is hurt, take 10 on Heal check at a later date gives me a 17., if needed.
But for simplicity sake, I'll channel energy to tend to the injured if more seasoned crewmen gather them together. Beshaba be praised.

Sailor check:
Dice profession sailor:
d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15

healing:
Dice channel:
d6 6

Constitution:
Dice con check:
d20-1 (5)-1 Total = 4

.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
RedMoon's Avatar
RedMoon RedMoon is offline
Jolly Cooperation!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 14th, 2014
RPXP: 394
RedMoon RedMoon RedMoon RedMoon
Posts: 176
Jeska remained silent as she was given her instructions. Running messages wouldn't be too difficult (probably), and it would give her a good opportunity to look around the ship and gather information. Hopefully she could find out where her equipment was, maybe learn a few names and faces. They had at least one potential ally on the ship, so perhaps she could find some others. She would have to accomplish her assigned tasks in fairly short order, though - She didn't want to attract too much attention to herself, either by failing at her tasks, or exceeding expectations. No, this was the time to try and keep herself in check, to practice patience, control and diligence. It probably wouldn't last long.

So, she reported to her assigned duty, and began her work running messages between various people on the ship. The contents of the messages themselves might prove to be just as informative as the rest of her investigation, she hoped. Time would tell. It seemed she wasn't alone in her duties either, so she decided she might as well attempt to get to know her "co-workers" at the same time.

"Been on this ship long?" She asked, having to keep her questions short to prevent her tone from getting unpleasant. "Anyone I need to watch out for?"

 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 09:58 AM
TheChuck's Avatar
TheChuck TheChuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2023
RPXP: 36965
TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck
Posts: 17,462
Nori moves about the ship like he had been Which is true.born on one. Even not being familiar with this exact ship is no impediment, as all ships of a size are essentially laid out the same. His small frame allows him to pass through tight spots and scamper around heavier traffic areas without difficulty, and he delivers all the messages in a timely manner. He even takes the time to show Jeska the shortest routes from place to place, and though he doesn't know anything about the on-board politics it is easy enough to simply be polite but neutral to everyone. It wouldn't do to try to make friends with the one person that would alienate him from everyone else on board.

OOCNori works diligently. I didn't add the +4 to my rolls, but it didn't matter.
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Tripod's Avatar
Tripod Tripod is offline
Imperial Governor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 2nd, 2019
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Posts: 2,082
 


 


 


 
__________________
Friends are like potatoes.
If you eat them, they will die.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
The young man begins working diligently alongside Fishguts while make small talk with a man who likely lacked much social interaction in his position. "Name's Kaelan Crimsonblade, future pirate captain at your service." Those words are shared with a grin that hints that he is joking and a slight bow. From there he plans to start his inquiries about the ship and its sailors. "So how long you been on this fair maiden," he begins while gesturing to the ship around him. "Seems like quite the crew they've assembled as well. Captain Harrigan must certainly know what he is doing." He continues to work while speaking, trying to remain charming while also showing off a solid work ethic.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Mar 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 35494
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,518
"Conchobhar, pleased to meet you," Gemel says, and at once the dervish's mind races. "That's an interesting name -- reminds me of something I once read about an emerald island. It was the name of a king. Anyway, where I'm from the islands are all sand. No green in sight! The taupe islands you might say. But tell me, how did a dandy like yourself come to be a part of this ship?" As he speaks, Al-Muqtadir studies the immaculate gnome, "And how is it that you get your mustache to be so... perfect?"
Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 04:19 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,943
Blabbing? If I speak, it will be of importance. One day you will know that.

The thin man had no verbal response to the now crimson colored comrade after the outburst. Comrade. He dwelled on the word as he tied what he liked to call Balmer knots. Where did he first here that term, how many people did it now apply to? This was what he now mulled over.

The day continued and Skyfingers continued his grueling work. He asked little beyond his initial queries. Names of folks he was working beside, ship's doctor and destination, if they had one of either, and any injuries that needed to be tended to...these were all he concerned himself with as he tried to keep up with the pace required of him.

Last edited by zevonian; Mar 9th, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Mar 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM
RedMoon's Avatar
RedMoon RedMoon is offline
Jolly Cooperation!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 14th, 2014
RPXP: 394
RedMoon RedMoon RedMoon RedMoon
Posts: 176
Jeska examined the messages carefully, growling in irritation when she found them to be sealed. Opening them unnoticed would be delicate work, and she was certainly not the most delicate person. A bit of prodding at the seal was all she managed before giving up, not wanting her tampering to be discovered. A fit of frustration almost encouraged her to shred the messages, but, she supposed that wouldn't really help her position, so she (barely) restrained herself. She would have to obtain her information other ways. Fortunately, their ally from earlier seemed at least willing to provide some information.

"Thank you. I'll be wary of him." She thanked her co-worker. It was interesting to know that there were various factions on the ship, and it spoke of at least some dissension or disagreement in the ranks. Or at least various cliques that didn't get along with one another."Which cabal are you part of?" She pressed further, hoping to gain some more information about who might disapprove of Plugg, who she had already determined to be her enemy.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Mar 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
TheChuck's Avatar
TheChuck TheChuck is offline
Big Muscles
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 13th, 2023
RPXP: 36965
TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck TheChuck
Posts: 17,462
Nori curses quietly to himself when he hears the tail end of the words from Sandara. Truth be told he knew there would be cliques aboard the ship; most all ships had that. He had only ever been on one ship where everyone seemed to be on the same team, and that was because of the leadership and efforts of the captain. I guess I'll have to pick a side at some point... he thinks to himself ruefully. I just hope I pick the right one.
__________________
Post of the Month! Go nominate someone!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Tripod's Avatar
Tripod Tripod is offline
Imperial Governor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 2nd, 2019
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Posts: 2,082
 


 


 


 


 
__________________
Friends are like potatoes.
If you eat them, they will die.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Mar 12th, 2013, 09:54 PM
mountainbound's Avatar
mountainbound mountainbound is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 35494
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Posts: 10,518
right-aligned image
"Whale fat, you don't say?" He pulls at his own beard. "Do you perchance have any? I mean... would one such as I benefit from such a thing?" The dervish notices Conch's eyes drift down to the hatchet-wearing woman. He had to admit, she was attractive, though her skin was far to fair for the Camel's linking. Al-Muqtadir can't help but wonder how many trees she had felled in her day. "That woman down there, who is she? And who's that she's yelling at?"

All around the ocean drives the boat on and on. For a moment, resting in the sun-baked crow's nest, the dervish almost feels at home on the ship -- despite the fact it was his very first day, and he was conscripted to serve despite his will. But... who's "will" was truly at work? A devotee to the Cosmic Order, the Camel gladly accepted his fate aboard Harrigan's vessel, taking it as nothing less than the hand of the divine guiding him to where he was intended to be.

As the dervish resumes his duties, he sings a canticle made famous by past members of his ancient order:
"Nothing you can know that isn't known,
Nothing you can see that isn't shown,
Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be,
It's easy..."


He was alive. It was a good day.

Last edited by mountainbound; Mar 12th, 2013 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 03:38 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,943
"Must catch my breath."

The little man paused for a moment. He stared out at the water and inhaled deeply. Once, twice, thrice. Then he spoke quietly to himself. "Besmara, grant me sight beyond sight, so that I gaze upon those you have blessed, and those to be wary of."

He knew that someone of so called authority would get on his case for just standing there. The one with the whip most likely. But Skyfingers simply turned around and got a good look at everyone that stood by, and everyone that neared.

"Would that aggressors unto me fall from my sight. Her chosen will need me."

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
“Well met Grok,” Kaelan said with a slight bow. For the briefest of moments he wonders if he would be forced to seduce or coerce her to get them all a few more supplies. He barely suppresses a shudder as images of their coupling flash through his mind. Had he already eaten the would-be pirate surely would have lost his lunch at that point.

Instead he thinks of a better idea. “I’ll be helping old Fishguts, here, but a future Captain needs all the friends he can get,” Crimsonblade says with a laugh. These would surely become dangerous waters for a new recruit if he overestimates his place. Winning their trust early would be vital. “Let me know if you be needing anything.” All the while he continues to work while knowing he could not slack off for a moment quite yet.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Tripod's Avatar
Tripod Tripod is offline
Imperial Governor
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 2nd, 2019
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Posts: 2,082


As the day winds down, Mr. Plugg calls for an end to the day. Conch looks to the Camel and sighs, "That lovely young gem is Rosie Cusswell and she's laying into Crimson Cogburn. Looks like it's Bloody Hour."

As the crew assembles there is a man sitting tied up on the main deck surrounded by Captain Harrigan and his crew. Mr. Plugg steps up and growls at the man. "Jakes Magpie, yer here on the charge o' stealing from the Quartermaster's store. This right Grok?" Grok, a large green half orc woman with a jagged scar across her throat nods, but she doesn't seem like she's the happiest about the situation. Plugg turns back to Jakes. "Well, what have ya ta say fer yerself?" In reply, the prisoner spit on Plugg's shiny leather boot. "If Grok weren't getting drunk with Fishguts ya wouldn't have to worry about thieves!" Master Scourge shouts in anger and cracks his whip on Jakes' back while Mr. Plugg grabs the man by the nape of the neck and moves him to the front of the ship. Master Scourge and some of the other officers, people who have not deigned to meet with any of the other crew tie a rope to Jakes Magpie while Mr. Plugg addresses the crowd. "Let this be a lesson to ya, what happens when ya steal from the Wormwood!

With that, Plugg shoves Jakes Magpie off the front of the ship with a rope tied to him. For a little more than a minute the prisoner is drug under the ship. What is brought up is a mass of Anyone trained in heal can make a DC 15 check to see about how much damage he took.cuts and blood in the general shape of a person. After showing everyone, Plugg finishes the spectacle by throwing the body overboard to let the sharks eat him. Sandara Quinn moves up to the group of new pirates (The party) and nods solemnly, "This happens every day. Anyone who gets punished gets punished right before dinner."

After the keelhauling, the crew gets shuffled down to the Middle Deck where the cook serves up an appetizing fish stew, though the crew seems to like this more than they had previously (perhaps because of the efforts of the new cook's mate?). He also gives everyone a ration of rum and reminds everyone that they must drink it on orders of the Captain.

 
__________________
Friends are like potatoes.
If you eat them, they will die.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB