Game Thread Case HS/1 - DOGGY! - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Wake up, Go to School, Save the World
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Apr 8th, 2014, 01:34 PM
TheLawfulNeutral's Avatar
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral is offline
Dura Lex Sed Lex
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 7th, 2022
RPXP: 5858
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Posts: 2,009
"Damn!" He looks up to the wolf and then to Tobias. "Captain, I fear that I do not have the power to fulfill your quest! We msut depend upon Peter Cottontail....Errr Tobias to help us discover the location of your book. Unless you have other orders, Sir!"

It looks like Jack might be liking this giant wolf a little too much..
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Jack: He stares deep into your soul. "Yes. Yes I do. My quest is of the utmost haste, and my master's wrath will befall us all should it not be accomplished. He is not above barging in himself to obtain the tome; I doubt it is something you would desire." Well, that depends. Is Doggy Master like Moon Moon here, but bigger? If so, yes. Yes, that would be a lot of squished people. However, if he's just some guy who's got the wolf whipped, then maybe he should do it himself.

Not one to allow you to object, he demands. "Very well! Since you are so exuberant, aid me in this quest, human! Or else..." He's at a minor loss. What else is there, other than doom and destruction? "else... the Curse of Dog shall befall you all!" You're sure he meant to say the curse of god, but whatever. Dog sounds safer. Let's not correct him. "Wait wait. Humans respond well to praise and gifts. Very well! If you aid me, I shall bestow upon you much favor!" Oh dear. It better not be human treats. You've tried some of those in the cafeteria, and they did Not agree with you.
QuestMoon Moon Fenrith is too large to fit into the school hallways. You must find this mysterious TOME OF PEACE, and check it out from the library for him.
Primary: Acquire book.
Secondary: As above, but before all is destroyed in a fit of anger.

Reward: Awesome doggy prizes. Also, the aformentioned doom and destruction won't happen, so that's nice.

The freshman is back to hugging Fenrith. He has given up on trying to fight her while the discussions are still ongoing. He'll probably dump her in a trash can when you're not around to complain about this mistreatment of your fellow human.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Apr 11th, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 07:53 PM
TheLawfulNeutral's Avatar
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral is offline
Dura Lex Sed Lex
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 7th, 2022
RPXP: 5858
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Posts: 2,009
He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.He's looking in my eyes.

Jack slaps a salute to his forehead and bows before the giant Wolf. "Aye Captain! The Grimoire of Truth shall be yours to command! Wait..didn't he say Book of Peace? Oh well, something along those lines. He wasn't going to complain....but people in the hallways might have trouble with a giant wolf going through there.

"Captain! Is there any way we can get you to a more manageable size? If not sir, then I will clear the way for your arrival!" And with that, Jack sped towards the direction of the library, flipping tables, screaming, and making a hubbub to try to make room and frighten people off along the way to make it easier for Captain Pawesome to make it through to the library. "COMING THROUGH YOU INGRATES! CAPTAIN VLADIMIR ASSKICKER PAWESOME REQUIRES KNOLWEDGE!"
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Chris: As Jack has already absconded, Fenrith entrusts you with the MINIMAP SENSE OF SIGNIFICANCE. The arrow in your mind is indeed pointing straight down, in a manner quite opposite the library. How odd. Has someone been building secret passages in your school without your knowledge? Of course they have, but why the library? Seems like a very boring place to be secretive in.

Jack: You do not even get past the backpack cubbies at the entrance to the library before a stern, horrifying woman stares you down. "No yelling in the library. Strike 1."
Dice Eyeballs:
1d6 5
Dice Will:
1d20 11

You resist her glare, but only somewhat. (2 damage) Her voice is chilling, like a piano made of frozen windex, badly tuned and gurgling from beneath her anachronistic hair bun. She turns and leaves for the librarian desk, but not without a Huff.

The library is huge, having been adopted from a public library when the school was first built. It's shaped roughly like an octagon 30 feet to a side save for the middle bits, which are 80 feet long. It ends in a little circular area sitting atop the far end of the octagon 30 feet in radius, like a little head on the library. Various shelves are scattered eveywhere, and sunlight peeks in from windows high above, as if to remind you that out there, somewhere, is actual fresh air.
OOCYou haven't the slightest idea where to look! Perception checks if you start looking about, Diplomacy/Bluff if you demand answers from the librarian or patrons, or some other shenanigans if you try something really crazy.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Apr 11th, 2014 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 01:15 AM
dpbj602's Avatar
dpbj602 dpbj602 is offline
Death Hand
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2022
RPXP: 547
dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602
Posts: 4,073
Chris is curious and tries following the arrow as best she can.
__________________
Most likely to be active in the evenings US Eastern Time.

Lost laptop charger, posting from phone.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Chris: It's pointing down, and off towards the fiction section slightly. Obviously Reep wouldn't have let magical tomes of power lie out in the open, but... why would there be magical tomes of power in the school anyway? That's just asking for trouble.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 08:18 PM
dpbj602's Avatar
dpbj602 dpbj602 is offline
Death Hand
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2022
RPXP: 547
dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602
Posts: 4,073
Chris begins searching for a way to follow.
Dice Perception:
d20+8 (9)+8 Total = 17
__________________
Most likely to be active in the evenings US Eastern Time.

Lost laptop charger, posting from phone.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Apr 12th, 2014, 10:49 PM
TheLawfulNeutral's Avatar
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral is offline
Dura Lex Sed Lex
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 7th, 2022
RPXP: 5858
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Posts: 2,009
MAGIC EYES AC-.... Err....Magic Eyes Activate!

With a tweak of his glasses, Jack...looks around like the frantic fiend that he is.

Preception
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (20)+7 Total = 27
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Kira didn't mind following the crowd. Truthfully, it was something that she'd grown fond of; it was easy to lose herself in them, blending in with little effort on her own part. While it was unfortunate that Jack and the others didn't contribute to a terribly large group, she still shuffled along in her thoroughly nonplussed manner. She had no desire for the dog's 'favour,' and almost didn't want to help him, but a mix of boredom and curiosity pulled her into contributing anyway. After all, what was the difference between a distraction and an obsession?

Thus, she found herself in the library alongside the other delinquents. In comparison to the chaos outside, the tomes and bookworms managed to produce an eerie quiet. Simply put, it made her uneasy and eager for a nap. Kira pursued the librarian while the others satisfied themselves with looking around, positing the most pressing question in her mind with little concern for the consequences. "Hey lady, where's the arcana section?" she quipped, her only consideration for the quiet of the library being the muting of her headphones. Some questions just had to be asked, right? What's the matter?
Diplomacy
Dice 'Cause She's a Real Talker:
1d20-2 (3)-2 Total = 1
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Kira: She bops you over the head lightly. "No stupid questions. Read the signs." She helpfully turns you towards a sign saying Fantasy, and hopes you'll figure it out from there. Christ.

Chris/Jack: Working together, you are reasonably certain that this large hardback book in the Fiction section with the Doorknob motif and the title ANCIENT SECRETS of the AGES has something to do with what you're looking for. At the very least, it's reasonably close to where Chris' enchanted mind arrow is pointing, and the wall here is suitably thick enough to hide something secret, or at least a lot of indoor plumbing work.

Accost the book?
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Yuyuko's Avatar
Yuyuko Yuyuko is offline
Whimsical Ghost
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 87
Yuyuko
Posts: 207
Minako mused as he followed behind the others, their attempts at locating the girmoire of peace proving to be woefully inadequete. "Doesn't the school have a basement? That aside..." Following behind Chris and Jack, he would look at that book. That was a nice looking book. It even said SECRETS on it. Maybe it had something to do with what they were looking for? So Minako did the only logical thing to do.


He attempted to rip that book straight out of the bookshelf.
__________________
Posts will be a bit spotty for a few more days (as of 4/6), please bear with me~
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 08:35 PM
TheLawfulNeutral's Avatar
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral is offline
Dura Lex Sed Lex
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 7th, 2022
RPXP: 5858
TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral TheLawfulNeutral
Posts: 2,009
A strange urge within him fill him with the desire to accost the book, to fight it was though it were his nemesis and they were standing upon a crumbling bridge in a storm while an epic rock opera blared in the background. However even Jack was not enough of a spazz to give in a desire as ridiculous as that. Well...usually. Knowing that books were not his forte, at least today, he casually leaves the book to Minako before sniffing and probing and messing around with the wall in search for a secret button, drawing as well from the Jack Knowledge of the day. If that didn't work then drastic measures involving either reading or energy blades were going to have to be used.

Dice Preception:
1d20+7 (7)+7 Total = 14


Dice Knowledge: Engineering:
1d20 17

Last edited by TheLawfulNeutral; Apr 13th, 2014 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Minako Ninja Posted me!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Minako: You pull on the book, and it has a bit of resistance. With a happy *click*, the bookshelf opens up, revealing a little ladder leading down into the darkness. You cannot see the bottom, and nothing could possibly go wrong by exploring whatsoever.

You sense nothing trying to kill you.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Apr 13th, 2014, 11:18 PM
dpbj602's Avatar
dpbj602 dpbj602 is offline
Death Hand
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 12th, 2022
RPXP: 547
dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602 dpbj602
Posts: 4,073
Chris shrugs, "What could possibly go wrong?" she cracks her knuckles "Well I'll go first, in case something wants to eat us down there. Just...make sure you follow. GERONIMOOOOOOOOOOOOO" she says with a freerunning leap into the hole, urging gravity to look the other way before she lands Do it and I won't tell your wife where you were last night, gravity. she thinks, tapping into her super duper freerunning powers, hoping her stunt does not end in her looking very much like a pancake.

Dice Acrobatics:
d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23


OOC: Not sure how you want the parkour thing to work out mechanically.
__________________
Most likely to be active in the evenings US Eastern Time.

Lost laptop charger, posting from phone.

Last edited by dpbj602; Apr 13th, 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Apr 14th, 2014, 02:24 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Chris: You mentally hear a Strike 2, though you're reasonably sure the librarian isn't looking over your shoulder. You hope.

You bounce on a 10x10 mahogany wooden platform some 30 feet down. You seem to have gone from the 2nd floor to the basement. The circular room(20ft radius) is calmly lit with little magical candles (the sort that don't give off smoke or heat, just ambiance). Bookshelves line the walls, with various copies of various tomes, though you're reasonably sure none of them are actually what you're looking for. The best books are always hidden deep inside, or at least that's what your significance sense is telling you. Oh goodness, is it acting up again? Dang it, we are on an adventure, aren't we. Crap.

In any case, the platform has stairs leading 5 feet down to the rest of the room, and there's a large door beckoning you onward. What could go wrong?

The mood music kicks in, at least. That's nice.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB