Game Thread Part I: Sinister Portends - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Bleak Seasons, A Gestalt Campaign > Game Thread
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is online now
The Canadian Master Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 16671
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 9,964
ICThomas was silent as the others spoke their minds, examining each. The woman, she didn't say her name, appeared to be an Oread, her skin was cracked yet not unattractive, if you're into earth elementals, but it was her eyes that drew most of the attention. She did not seem to carry any weapons, but her body was well defined, she might be a hand to hand fighter. The other, Dharma-Maitri, man what a mouth full. He was clearly human, well defined, shaved head, monk robes. It was clear what he was, unlike the woman.

"Mountains will crumble and Civilizations will fall, no being can survive my endless call. What am I?" He muttered before letting out a small sigh. "I think the woman is right. These men sound like fanatics. They hear 'the city will fall' so they go out of their way to help make it happen. It's a good idea to try and find out just what their intentions are."


 
__________________
"This is where the fun begins."

Last edited by Hound; Apr 17th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
"Ruby." she says simply, not feeling a need to give her last name to these so far casual acquaintances. "I am something of a druid, at least now."

Peering at them, "Note that I only want to ask questions, they haven't actually done anything wrong that I know of. I am only really doing this for lack of anything better to do today..."

Bigmouth meanwhile approaches behind Thomas 'stealthily', which isn't very stealthily considering he is a giant bird almost as tall as a grown man without standing up on its hind legs. As it approaches its goal is clear: the bird Archemedes.

Ruby spots it and calls out, "No, Bigmouth! Stop!"

He stops and turns, tilting his head as if annoyed at her interupting his hunt. She gives a wry apologetic smile to Thomas, "Rocs enjoy eating little more than other birds, preferably caught on the wing. I will try to stop him eating your friend, but... I would be careful."

Bigmouth meanwhile is looking from Ruby to Archemedes as if trying to figure out if he still isn't allowed to eat it, or if its okay. Or if he can get away with eating it now then apologising... Its clearly a complex issue, for a being with a bird brain at least.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 10:55 PM
KosKallah's Avatar
KosKallah KosKallah is offline
Lightyear's away...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2014
RPXP: 1367
KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah
Posts: 2,436


The bounty hunter was back from the "Black Eye", one of the worst taverns in Lathis, but the right place to find news of possible quarries, when he saw a group of people and birds starting to follow the now silent preachers towards the cemetery. The cemetery... that's fitting as it can be...

Exercising
Dice Stealth:
1D20+5 (14)+5 Total = 19
discretion, the man noticed that the group was not interested in learning from the priests, but otherwise in investigating them, what captured Guideon's sympathy. On the other hand, a group of people approaching a band of annoying fanatics who have just been expelled from their stage is a great chance of trouble... Seems like they could use some backup, just in case.

Spitting his toothpick, he followed to the cemetery, taking a parallel street and walking faster than both the monks and the group.

Arriving at the cemetery he attempted to predict the best place for the monks to settle their things: Think like a crackpot, Guideon... they're going to need a large open place, not too far into the road, fort they want to be seen... less than the middle of the cemetery... they're not in large numbers... not too far...

He decided to position himself almost at the middle of the cemetery, behind a group of graves, where he would be able to hear them when they come, but not see them... and also not be seen.

On his way, he crossed a group of people... rather strange people, in the graveyard. "Morning! Don't mind me...", he spoke with his hoarse voice, hand at the brim of his hat, but did not wait to hear their answer. Then, he placed his backpack behind a large grave at a certain distance, his armed crossbow beside him, and lied calmly behind the largest grave he could find at the spot, using a blanket as a pillow and putting his hat over his head to cover the sun... Now the wait...
__________________
Pahtfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End!

Last edited by KosKallah; Apr 17th, 2014 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Apr 17th, 2014, 11:42 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Elara - at the graveyard
left-aligned image

Elara smiled at Arteas, We could always ask them to leave. a mischievous smile crossed her face.

Hmm, surprised Squigly has not come out yet. So what you have planned for tonight? We could see what all this ruckus is all about?

Elara's dashboard
 
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 12:00 AM
Kaji's Avatar
Kaji Kaji is offline
Pupil of Acala-vidyārāja
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 7th, 2021
RPXP: 7380
Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji Kaji
Posts: 4,686
"Thank you, Ruby. Likewise my intention is to only ask questions," said Maitri before turning to the rest of the group, "Now, shall we go?"

He started walking in the direction where the red priests left.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 01:59 AM
2nd Chance's Avatar
2nd Chance 2nd Chance is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 6th, 2023
RPXP: 625
2nd Chance 2nd Chance 2nd Chance 2nd Chance 2nd Chance 2nd Chance
Posts: 700
Squigly waved as she approached Elara. "Hi Elara," she greeted, "What are you up to?" Leviathan lowered his head, "A pleasure, as always, Lady Elara."

Squigly nodded at Arteas, "Good evening Arteas. I was shopping in the Market with some friends when I overheard those cloaked men. I saw them heading towards the graveyard, so I followed. Who are they?"

 

Last edited by 2nd Chance; Apr 18th, 2014 at 10:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 02:41 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is online now
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2023
RPXP: 7891
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,207
Arteas: at the GraveyardArteas leaves a suitable pause before speaking, "These pilgrims in red are doomsayers...they have opposed the construction of the gate and some fools allowed them to make a home where I already inhabit..." Not to mention they are treading on the land where the Skull's soldiers are buried, "I have already forgotten the name of their 'all-seeing' god."

Last edited by Vaerdis; Apr 18th, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 14011
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,624
Finally Orpheus woke from his reverie - if one could call reliving the most horrible moment of his life that. The bard stood up and stretched his legs. As the blood rushed back into his lower limbs, Orpheus stumbled, but managed to keep standing by holding onto Eurydice's grave marker. So many people. Strange. His eyes fell on the red-robed weirdo's and a single man with a loaded crossbow next to him What the...?

Driven by curiosity, Orpheus approached the loner. "What are you doing here? "
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:06 AM
KosKallah's Avatar
KosKallah KosKallah is offline
Lightyear's away...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2014
RPXP: 1367
KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah
Posts: 2,436


Guideon lifted a bit of the hat with his hand in order to see the figure that just raised, as if going out of a very grave... the man did not seem friendly, but also not openly hostile. It seemed that this graveyard was more lively than the town itself... every place had an owner. But isn't it how cemeteries are?

"Napping." the bounty hunter responded at the man's question, his hat back over his head in a way he could see the man's feet - which would hint at any combat stances. His crossbow was out of reach for the first moment, if the man started to make a mess, but he had other tricks ready, so he did not bother assuming a better, more defensive position. All in all, it seemed to be the beginning of a talk, not of a fight.
__________________
Pahtfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End!

Last edited by KosKallah; Apr 18th, 2014 at 09:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
She nods, moving toward the graveyard with her new acquaintances at her side.

Unable to stop looking at them, she wonders if they too found themselves empowered... Could that be what drew them to each other today? Could an explanation for this curse she has fallen under come soon, after all this time?
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 14011
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,624
"With a loaded crossbow?" Orpheus grinned - for the first time in months. "You have a strange bedpartner." The bard looked at the cultists. "But not as strange as them. Do you know what they're all about? The run-of-the-mill "It's the end of the world as we know it" idiots? " You could almost hear the quotation marks. Years of singing and speeching made Orpheus' mastery of the spoken word nearly complete.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is online now
The Canadian Master Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2023
RPXP: 16671
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 9,964
ICArchimedes took to the air, so that he may watch from high above; avoiding the baby Roc. Thomas followed the Druid and Monk as they advanced toward the priests. Both clearly had spirits of adventurers within them, as they both danced that fine line between curious and cautious. Neither one wanted to just start a fight for no reason, but they couldn't allow such a mystery to just pass by them; in that regard they were akin to Thomas.


 
__________________
"This is where the fun begins."

Last edited by Hound; Apr 18th, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 03:34 PM
KosKallah's Avatar
KosKallah KosKallah is offline
Lightyear's away...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2014
RPXP: 1367
KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah KosKallah
Posts: 2,436


The man can speak... what's a politician or actor doing in a place like this? Another crackpot? Don't know...

Still with his hat over his head, Guideon answered the man with his voice muffled: "If those crackpots are just crackpots, then my bedpartner is going to keep on napping..."

He then takes his hat from over his head, looking at the man's face for a bit:

"...and I know something about them, yes Sir: they're annoying."

...covering his face from the sun, once again.
__________________
Pahtfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End!

Last edited by KosKallah; Apr 18th, 2014 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Apr 18th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Rood Doogindru Rood sat quietly eating, deep in thought about his journey here, and what is to come. He had not heard from the god, that had bestowed his powers to him, since the first day. He did however, have reoccurring dreams of oceans and storms, of him walking a top the clouds, dancing with the lightning and hail, as if it was all part of him. He didn't know how to explain it, but it was a good feeling. The hobgoblin held up his meal, and bit off the last piece of potato. "Well.. food here is good... but 'aat can't be why I'm here..." He was just planning on getting up, and going off to scout the area, when something brushed against his leg. Instinct's went for his Kukri on his hip, but he relaxed before he drew the blade. The last thing he wanted to do, was make a scene. A gaze down revealed a small and quite familiar cat.

"Well I be damned... What are you doing here Shadow." Rood reached down and pet the feline, his eyes scanning the surrounding area. "Now where is 'aat other cat hiding..." After the first look around, didn't reveal his target, he went back to drinking his mug of mead. He sat there on the bench, casually petting Shadow, and waiting.

His waiting paid off, and only about fifteen minutes later, a familiar person showed their face. A sly smile crossed the hobgoblins face, and he stood up to greet his friend. "Eh! I should'av known you be here, Phelix... " He laughed, and embraced his friend in a strong armed bear hug, he lifted the other off the ground for a moment, and then sat him back down. The comment about petting his cat, was followed by a quick retort. "Now Now Phelix, Don't get your 'ail caught in a door again... can't blame Shadow for having better senses than yous." Rood took a look up at the sky, and then back down at Phelix. "I would'av been here sooner, but ship gets delayed sometimes... and 'aat storm kept us locked at one of the docks for 'oo days. Haven't 'aaken all the prizes already has you?"

Rood raised an eyebrow at the fellow thief, and shook his head, speaking with a laugh. "I no strut like you, not as graceful... you an your pretty feet.. but yes, I' try... Nice hat... suits you well. I need a new bandanna also, tore mine, I go grab one and we move." He made his walked away from his seat, holding his half full mug of mead, and followed Phelix. He dipped off to a vendor on the side, and picked up a new bandanna, and a new belt that he had been needing. There were a number of interesting faces, one's that caught the hobgoblin's and surely the catfolks eyes as well, but he wasn't quite ready to go about meeting possible competition. "'ell me what you learn of the city Phelix, you I know you can't say after a week here, you don't have your eyes on something by now..." Rood had only been in the city for a short time, and he'd already mentally noted several nice looking establishments that he would use his information gathering skills, to help determine what possible targets could be there.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Apr 19th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 14011
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 12,624
"Annoying?" Orpheus studied the cultists. "Yes. But as long as they leave Euridyce alone." And poof... The grin vanished in thin air and as his head drooped, Orpheus' hair fell in front of his face. Months of pent up grieve and rage only showed themselves in a slight trembling of his clenched hands.

The bard tried to steady himself by breathing slowly and deeply. After a minute he had regained his composure and looked at the sniper again. "My apologies. I sometimes get carried off."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB