Game Thread The 4th of Neth - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crypt of the Everflame
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:11 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

Pulling his warm cloak around him, Jasper perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13
eyes up the fallen tree, and then the thick forest to either side.

Carefully he gets down from Shaggy, rubbing his backside as he does so.

Brand new saddle, and it has the flexibility of a dwarfs axe. I wonder how long that tree has been here?

"Odd that nobody mentioned this. I guess it would be a good deed for the town and travelling merchants if we moved it from the path..." he says as he sleight of hand
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
quietly slips two knives from their sheathes.

He looks not to his fellow people, but rather to Gothei the fox, to see if the animal detects any trouble.

Stomping his feet on the ground seemingly to try and shake the cold from his frame, Jasper adds. "These woods give me the creeps."

The others don't look quite as nervous as I feel.

 

Last edited by aerondor; May 28th, 2014 at 07:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:01 AM
Foxtrot's Avatar
Foxtrot Foxtrot is offline
Outlaw Squirrel
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 24th, 2020
RPXP: 6595
Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot
Posts: 3,584
left-aligned image
Lucien had remained at the rear of the party throughout the walk. Partially because he didn't have a pony to ride and partially so he could observe those he traveled with. The young girl had lit a bit of a fire within him when she refused to show her piece of the map. Her logic made no sense to him. What use was saving the map unless she was keeping it as some sort of selfish power play? Did she think they would take her piece and leave her behind? Sure the Inquisitor thought of the others as nothing more than tools to complete the mission, but that didn't mean he would betray them. On the contrary, he would protect them as best he could until they completed getting the Everflame and returning to Kassen. That didn't mean he trusted them. It was far too early for that, but the goddess certainly had a plan for him and these people were a part of it. Until he learned the plan, he was determined to find a way to make things work as efficiently as possible.

For two hours, Lucien silently walked through the wilderness. He could see why people would be frightened of traversing the wilderness, but to him it was far less frightening than the prospect of failing his mentor. From an early age, Lucien had been exposed to horrors no child should ever face in order to learn how to put fears and uneasiness aside so one could think clearly. The training itself was horrible, and Lucien built up quite a bit of disdain for his teacher over the years for the cruelty of it, but he couldn't deny how useful it was quickly becoming given the surroundings. Plus the goddess would see him through by lending her valor to comfort him.

The forest itself seemed sickly. The twisted trees giving it the feel of something unholy. Granted that wasn't necessarily the case, but it did let the imagination run wild if one wasn't careful. It wasn't until the group came upon a fallen tree across their path that Lucien let slip the thoughts in his head and instead started to focus on the situation at hand. Certainly the tree could have fallen naturally. Whether anyone heard it do so was another question. One left for another time. Still, this situation also smelled like a trap. The kind bandits might use to catch unsuspecting travelers.

Lucien walked forward and placed a hand on Jasper's shoulder reassuringly. "No need to fear. The goddess will guide us," he said as he sent a bit of Cast Guidance spell on Jasper - Will save of 13 negates effect. Guidance gives a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill checkdivine guidance the young man's way. "This may be nothing. Or it may be a trap. If it is a trap I will spring it. Everyone else should stay here."

The Inquisitor walked forward calmly and gracefully. His right hand reaching back over his shoulder to grasp the hilt of the large weapon carried there. A glint of light reflected from the shiny steel of the greatsword as Lucien drew it forth. His eyes moved around as he
Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (16)+9 Total = 25
Added +2 bonus to roll to avoid being surpised if necessary. If no surprise negate 2 from total.
looked for any signs of a trap. If he noticed anyone or anything he would backtrack quickly and call out his targets to the others so they could take whatever actions they deemed necessary. If he saw nothing he would stop at the fallen tree and wait a moment before giving the all clear for the others to approach.

Quick StatsLucien, Level 1 Human Inquisitor (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +2, Speed: 30/20 Senses: Spirit Sense
AC: 16, Touch: 12, Flat: 14, Fort: +3, Refl: +2, Will: +5 (+6 against illusion (phantasm) spells)
Stats: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Perception +7 (+9 to avoid Surprise), Sense Motive +8 (+9 when face to face with speaker), Stealth +3, Intimidate +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Greatsword
Spell: 0 level (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light - 1st Level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat

Last edited by Foxtrot; May 30th, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:17 AM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
Lucien looked confident and could probably handle himself, but it was hard not to feel uneasy at the though of a possible ambush. Rayne glanced at the bottom of the tree, while still trying to maintain a safe distance, trying to
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
see if there were any visible cut marks that would indicate whether the fallen tree was a deliberate or a natural occurrence.
Can't quite make it out from here. -she thought as her eyes squinted against the sunlight.
As Lucien drew closer to the fallen tree, Rayne absentmindedly moved behind the nearest one to her to use it as cover if something did happen.

Quick StatsRayne, Level 1 Human Sin Mage of Wrath (Sheet)
HP: 6/6, Init: +0, Speed: 30 Senses: -
AC: 10, Touch: 10, Flat: 10, Fort: +0, Refl: +0, Will: +0
Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 13
Skills: Perception(+1), Sense Motive(+0), Stealth(+0), (Bluff+1)
Condition: Normal
Wielding: -
Spell: 0th: Spark, Prestidigitation, Disrupt Undead, Mending
1st: Magic Missile

Last edited by okashii; May 29th, 2014 at 12:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 29th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
The Canadian Master Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 16671
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 9,965
The Farmer's Daughter
left-aligned image
This was the part where Goblins or Orcs always attacked in the stories her father told her as a child; interestingly this was the first time Emma didn't look scared. Fighting wasn't half as scary as social interaction; words could cut far deeper than swords.

Emma's Perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
Gohei's Perception + Scent:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (19)+5 Total = 24
Emma and Gohei focused there senses as they stood by.

Emma Renard
 


Gohei the Red Fox
 
__________________
"This is where the fun begins."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
AnneaThe first two hours of travel were quite uneventful. Annea liked the fresh, cold air that blew in her face. She had never liked the city, where she had come from. It stank and was load. In Kassen, when you didn't want to meet anybody, you could just walk five minutes and be as alone as you ever wanted to. Relaxing, breathing deeply, she even began to hum a wordless tune under her breath. This hadn't turned out quite as bad as she had though. She nearly bumped into the pony that had stopped in its tracks.

When the young thief looked around, she noticed that her companions had stopped, too and were looking at something blocked to her sight by a big hairy behind. Annea leaned to the side and glimpsed around the mount. A trunk, squarely lying in the middle of the street. This couldn't be good, but then, they weren't merchants with a cart or something. They could just pass around it. Annea wanted to shrug it off and tell the others as much, but her black clad companion was already striding forward with the word "bandits" hanging heavily in the air.

Now that she came to think of it, she had this uneasy feeling of being watched. That prickling in her neck. It had saved her countless times while living on the street. When she had felt it, she ran. No turning around. Turning around was for people who thought they could run faster if they knew what was behind them...and for people who would trip on things in front of them. Taking an instinctive step backwards, Annea bumped into yet another, less hairy member of her party. "Sorry, Emma," she whispered and instead of running (they would never let her back into Kassen...) turned and joined Rayne near the tree line.
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 31st, 2014, 08:06 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
Fearsome AmbushGohei caught the scent easily enough, his attention jerking quickly to the right. Lucien was barely a beat behind him, catching movement off to his left. Jasper, in the meantime, caught a sense of movement just on the other side of the log.

None of them got a whole lot of warning though, as soon as they realized they were spotted three orcs bust out of the trees and over the log, screaming fierce obscenities and threats in their guttural orcish tongue.



The three green-skinned monstrosities surround the party, working to press them together, large and fearsome greataxes at the ready.


 


EnemyLowest AC HitTouchDamage TakenVisible WeaponsConditionsKnown Buffs
Orc South ?? ?? 0 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Normal None
Orc East ?? ?? 0 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Normal None
Orc West ?? ?? 0 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Normal None
Map
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; Jun 1st, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 31st, 2014, 08:30 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

As the Orcs rush out, Jasper gets a sudden sinking feeling in the bottom of his stomach.

Gods, those axes are bigger than me!

Frantically he looks around, trying to find any advantage he can.

Lucien, if he distracted one, I may be able to...

Then he realised the orcs were already initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
moving while he was still thinking.



 

Last edited by aerondor; May 31st, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:23 PM
Foxtrot's Avatar
Foxtrot Foxtrot is offline
Outlaw Squirrel
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 24th, 2020
RPXP: 6595
Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot Foxtrot
Posts: 3,584
left-aligned image
Lucien began stepping back toward the others as the orcs made their appearances known. The Inquisitor didn't know what was being said, but from the tone he figured it probably wasn't anything polite. He expected bandits, but orcs were not something he thought he would encounter. It was a little surprising considering he figured the predators in the woods they had been hearing were more of the four legged predator type rather than the humanoid type. The idea that perhaps he should have done a little more homework about the kinds of creatures in the area crossed his mind. It was too late for such folly now, however. Gripping his greatsword tightly in his fingers he continued backtracking until he was close to the others then
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
prepared to make his move. Without another moment of hesitation, Lucien dug his toes into the dirt and pushed forward driving himself toward the orc in the center of the attack. The last thing they needed was to get pinched. If he could take out one of the enemies out by separating them, the others should be able to hold their own against the other attackers. At least he hoped so.

Driving forward Lucien swung his weapon back and brought it
Dice Attack Roll:
1d20+3 (8)+3 Total = 11
arcing forward to slice into the approaching orc. His teeth grit and his muscles released like springs in his attack. With any luck it would
Dice Damage:
2d6+4 (6, 6)+4 Total = 16
strike true and hard. If it didn't, he would more than likely find himself on the wrong end of one of those large axes. Not exactly an encouraging thought considering this was his first actual life or death combat. Well, technically it was. There were times in the past that he was sure his mentor was trying to kill him, but comforted himself with the idea that his mentor had enough self control to stop if necessary. Now that he was in the heat of battle that comfort had quickly disappeared.

Quick StatsLucien, Level 1 Human Inquisitor (Sheet)
HP: 10/10, Init: +2, Speed: 30/20 Senses: Spirit Sense
AC: 16, Touch: 12, Flat: 14, Fort: +3, Refl: +2, Will: +5 (+6 against illusion (phantasm) spells)
Stats: Str 16, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Perception +7 (+9 to avoid Surprise), Sense Motive +8 (+9 when face to face with speaker), Stealth +3, Intimidate +4, Heal +7, Knowledge (Arcana) +4, Knowledge (Religion) +4
Condition: Normal
Wielding: Greatsword
Spell: 0 level (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Guidance, Light - 1st Level (DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Expeditious Retreat

Last edited by Foxtrot; May 31st, 2014 at 11:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 01:13 AM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
 

A jolt of fear and panic ran through Rayne as she understood what the approaching orcs were saying, but those feeling were suddenly overcome, first by anger, then by pure, boiling hatred.
Weak??
She yelled something unintelligible at the orc closest to her and released three bolts of magical energy from her fingertips as her hand pointed at the attacker.

 
The purple orbs swirled through the air before striking the target with ease.
 
Quick StatsRayne, Level 1 Human Sin Mage of Wrath (Sheet)
HP: 6/6, Init: +0, Speed: 30 Senses: -
AC: 10, Touch: 10, Flat: 10, Fort: +0, Refl: +0, Will: +0
Stats: Str 10, Dex 10, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 13
Skills: Perception(+1), Sense Motive(+0), Stealth(+0), (Bluff+1)
Condition: Normal
Wielding: -
Spell: 0th: Spark, Prestidigitation, Disrupt Undead, Mending
1st: Magic Missile

Last edited by okashii; Jun 1st, 2014 at 01:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 10:39 AM
kenardX's Avatar
kenardX kenardX is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2015
RPXP: 328
kenardX kenardX kenardX kenardX
Posts: 747
OOC
 

AnneaBefore she had time to reach Rayne three orcs burst out of the trees from nowhere. If Annea hadn't lived a good portion of her youth on the streets, she probably would have stood there gaping at the attackers. Instead, with a swift mirrored motion she pulled out both of her short swords and crouched in a fighting position.

The orcs were obviously as surprised by their own attack as her party was, because they stood there indecisive while Lucien sprinted for the middle one and Rayne fired a burst of energy in the direction of the one only a few steps from herself. Ducking around the surprised orc, Annea positioned herself behind him and
Dice hit1:
d20+2 (8)+2 Total = 10

Dice dmg1:
d6 4

Dice hit2:
d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18

Dice dmg2:
d6 1
let her blades come down in quick succession letting out a feral scream.


Stats
 
__________________
~*The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it is.*~

Last edited by kenardX; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 03:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
The Canadian Master Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 16671
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 9,965
The Farmer's Daughter
left-aligned image
init roll:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21
Emma readied herself and steeled her emotions. Battle was easy, battle was fun. With momentum on her aside, the farmer's daughter looked to her fox, "Let's go!"
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (19)+4 Total = 23
if hit damage
Dice Roll:
1d6+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
confirm critical
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
Emma charged the nearest Orc and swung her scimitar.
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (19)+4 Total = 23
if hit damage
Dice Roll:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
Gohei followed to back her up and take a bite out of the same orc.



Emma Renard
 


Gohei the Red Fox
 
__________________
"This is where the fun begins."

Last edited by Hound; Jun 1st, 2014 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 06:19 PM
RainbowMagicPen's Avatar
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen is offline
Secretly Cephalopodal
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 15th, 2023
RPXP: 1009
RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen RainbowMagicPen
Posts: 1,080
A Quick ResponseEmma was quick on her feet, and quicker with a weapon it would seem as her scimitar slammed hard into the Orc's shoulder, leaving a nice swathe of a cut across his arm, causing him to stumble and making her scimitar glance off before it could do any more damage. Not that she needed the extra damage as Gohei's teeth sunk into the monsters leg with ease. Though there's something a little
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (20)+4 Total = 24
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
suspicious about the way the orcs wound acts.



Though it matters not as the beast falls backwards into the forest and doesn't seem to be getting back up.

Behind Emma,
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (18)+3 Total = 21
Annea launched her own assault against one of the marauding orcs, and though he easily dodges the first dagger, he is unprepared for the second that lodges itself into his ribs.



Rayne's anger is clear and
Dice Roll:
1d20 19
strikes true, slamming into the already bleeding orc who grunts and swears in his foul language, obviously heavily wounded and barely standing.



Though Lucien's swing is quite impressive by nature, the orc is ready for it, having already seen one of his colleagues drop, and easily sends the blade aside with his greataxe, preparing to ready his own swing.

The Orc on the east set's his eyes on Rayne, he may not have been bright enough to know what a sin mage was, but he wasn't interested in finding out and he wasn't interested in no little girls yellin' at him in his own language. He hefted the greataxe easily and
Dice Attack:
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
Dice Damage:
1d12+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
swung hard at Rayne.

 


EnemyInitiativeLowest AC HitTouchDamage TakenVisible WeaponsConditionsKnown Buffs
Orc South 5 ?? ?? 0 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Normal None
Orc East 1 23 ?? 14 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Dead None
Orc West 12 18 ?? 8 1d20+5 1d12+4/x3dmgGreataxe Heavily Wounded None
Map
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.
__________________
Goes ding when there's stuff.

Last edited by RainbowMagicPen; Jun 1st, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 06:57 PM
aerondor's Avatar
aerondor aerondor is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2021
RPXP: 11453
aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor aerondor
Posts: 10,661
left-aligned image

Jasper Vargidan

One down, one wounded, one untouched. Lets finish the wounded one first...

Sizing up the situation quickly, Jasper takes a quick 5' step next to Anna and Orc Weststep.

Jasper attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (17)+1 Total = 18
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
leads with the dagger in his right hand. Then he tries to repeat Anna's trick with his TWF second attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
offhand.

He looks with some satisfaction at the result.



 

Last edited by aerondor; Jun 1st, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 08:23 PM
Hound's Avatar
Hound Hound is offline
The Canadian Master Jedi
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 16671
Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound Hound
Posts: 9,965
The Farmer's Daughter
left-aligned image
Emma shouts loudly, "SHOCKING TRUTH! Fake orcs! Illusions! Caster! Gohei! SEEK!" Emma takes a defensive action and
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (18)+6 Total = 24
looks for the cause while Gohei tries to perception:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
sniff out the culprit.

Emma Renard
 


Gohei the Red Fox
 
__________________
"This is where the fun begins."

Last edited by Hound; Jun 1st, 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jun 2nd, 2014, 12:05 AM
okashii's Avatar
okashii okashii is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 6th, 2016
RPXP: 692
okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii okashii
Posts: 1,733
 

Rayne blinked in a terrified shock as the orc charged at her and swung his axe. For a moment she thought the pain from the wound she received was simply too great for her body to register, but there was no pain, as there was no wound or orc either. Not really. Her mentor's words about her having a wild imagination suddenly rang true, as Emma's shout and her own realization woke her mind up from a temporary confusion. She ignored the image of the orc and began looking around the surrounding treetops before running towards the fallen tree to touch if it also was a an illusion.

Last edited by okashii; Jun 2nd, 2014 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB